PDA

View Full Version : Name your Team for the Opening NAB Game

Desipura
07-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Gazza,
given you have been to watch the boys train, what will the team look like against Essendon in Darwin.
We already know that Guido, Williams, Lake, Murphy, Hargreave and Everitt seems highly unlikely to be fit to play.
Based on your reports and what has been in the media, this is my team:

B: Callan Morris Addison
HB: Hargreave Tiller O'Keefe
C: Cross Higgins Eagleton
HF: Hahn Minson Hill
F: Johnson Welsh Harbrow

R: Hudson
RR: Griffen
Rover: Ward

Int: Boyd
Stack
Wight
Reid
O'Shea
Roughead

Thoughts????

The Coon Dog
07-01-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure Johnno or Huddo will be going to Darwin.

soupman
07-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Players rested:
Giansiracusa, Lake, Johnson, Welsh, Akermanis, Hudson, Williams, Murphy, Hargrave, Cooney, Eagleton

Therefore my team looks something like:

FB: 38. D. Morris, 37. C Wight, 33. T. Callan
HB: 9. L. Gilbee, 35. S. Tiller, 18. B. Stack
C: 22. D. Addison, 4. D. Cross (c), 5. M. Boyd
HF: 14. C. Ward, 32. J. Boumann, 20. J. Hill
FF: 8. M. Hahn, 34. W. Skipper, 40. J. Harbrow
Ru: 27. W. Minson, 16. R. Griffen, 7. S. Higgins

Int: 11. S. Reid, 29. E. Wood, 43. J. Shaw, 1. J. Grant, 30. G. O'Keefe, (And the rest from) 44. P. O'Shea, 39. M. Lynch, 41. H. White, 31. J. Mulligan, 23. J. Roughead

I know there is a slightly controversial selection of Boumann at CHF, but I figure that some players perform better on a bigger stage and Boumann could be a player to take this risk with, plus to give him a confidence boost that he's heading in the right direction. I like the idea of trying out John Shaw, and Wayde Skipper would play in Will Minson's usual role also providing some relief in the ruck du to the extreme conditions of Darwin.

I'm not entirely sure all those players I have out will not play, but I'm confident most will be rested or unavailable.

Desipura
07-01-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm not sure Johnno or Huddo will be going to Darwin.

If thats the case, swap Johnno and Huddo for Lynch and Boumann.

GVGjr
07-01-2009, 11:36 AM
I haven't given this a lot of thought at all but something like:

Callan -- Morris -- Hargrave
Gilbee -- Tiller -- Stack
Addison -- Boyd -- Hill
Picken --- Skipper -- Reid
Higgins -- Welsh -- O'Keefe
Minson -- Cross -- Griffen
Ward - Harbrow - Wight - Mulligan - Eagleton - Wood - ????
To be considered if available or fit, Everitt, Williams, and Hahn

Wight and Mulligan provide coverage for the defence and the rucks. Picken should be tried.

Desipura
07-01-2009, 01:25 PM
I haven't given this a lot of thought at all but something like:

Callan -- Morris -- Hargrave
Gilbee -- Tiller -- Stack
Addison -- Boyd -- Hill
Picken --- Skipper -- Reid
Higgins -- Welsh -- O'Keefe
Minson -- Cross -- Griffen
Ward - Harbrow - Wight - Mulligan - Eagleton - Wood - ????
To be considered if available or fit, Everitt, Williams, and Hahn

Wight and Mulligan provide coverage for the defence and the rucks. Picken should be tried.

Ah yes I forgot about Picken. He would have to be pretty close to a certainty to be playing based on how he has been training.
Is Skipper doing all the training, did he not have an op post season?
Also has Boumann's shoulder restricted his training?

GVGjr
07-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Ah yes I forgot about Picken. He would have to be pretty close to a certainty to be playing based on how he has been training.
Is Skipper doing all the training, did he not have an op post season?
Also has Boumann's shoulder restricted his training?

Boumann is just running laps but Skipper seems to be doing nearly all of the work. I do recall one session where he trained with the rehab group. I think Mulligan has been training with the rehab group because of a hamstring.

ledge
07-01-2009, 05:54 PM
If Skipper is fit and doesnt play NAB cup, why did we keep him?
Seriously if he doesnt get a chance this year and come good you have to wonder.

GVGjr
07-01-2009, 06:42 PM
If Skipper is fit and doesnt play NAB cup, why did we keep him?
Seriously if he doesnt get a chance this year and come good you have to wonder.

Are you pre-empting that he won't play even if he is fit?

Go_Dogs
07-01-2009, 06:51 PM

With Lake and Hudson likely to be rested, Skipper would have to play if fit. Good opportunity for him to show a bit up forward.

How far off would Henry White be GVGjr?

mighty_west
07-01-2009, 06:54 PM

Whats the point if he's just not good enough, might as well play the younger players for experience, Skips only a depth player anyway!

GVGjr
07-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Whats the point if he's just not good enough, might as well play the younger players for experience, Skips only a depth player anyway!

He will be needed through the season so the NAB cup campaign is a good opportunity for the back-ups like Skipper and Wight to do the grunt work in the warm conditions.

He's a depth player yes but why not use him to provide coverage to Hudson and Minson? Mulligan is better suited to a tall defenders spot and Shaw just didn't play enough to know if he is ready or not so Skip should be played.

Playing Roughead would be an unnecessary risk.

GVGjr
07-01-2009, 07:00 PM
With Lake and Hudson likely to be rested, Skipper would have to play if fit. Good opportunity for him to show a bit up forward.

How far off would Henry White be GVGjr?

He's a player I'd like to see do well but in all honesty he is still a fair way behind the others at the moment.

ledge
07-01-2009, 08:44 PM

All i am saying is he has been around a while and if he is fit he should be good enough by now to make it.
And he should play to find out if he is.
Throw him in the NAB i say.
Personally i like him, but how long do you keep a player on your list that just isnt getting a game.
I think he has better hands than Minson and would love to see him doing what Minson was doing in the forward line last year.

A few times i remember Minson doing all the hard work but dropping the mark, Skipper would have taken the mark but i dont know if he could have done the body work Minson did to get there in the first place.

Just want to see it tried and see how he goes.

strebla
08-01-2009, 12:48 AM
I would say Skipper must play NAB otherwise he is one person who did not need to be on our list.

Go_Dogs
08-01-2009, 12:58 PM
He's a player I'd like to see do well but in all honesty he is still a fair way behind the others at the moment.

Thanks for that. From what I hear he has a terrific attitude, hopefully he can make the most of this season.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-01-2009, 06:53 PM
All i am saying is he has been around a while and if he is fit he should be good enough by now to make it.
And he should play to find out if he is.
Throw him in the NAB i say.
Personally i like him, but how long do you keep a player on your list that just isnt getting a game.
I think he has better hands than Minson and would love to see him doing what Minson was doing in the forward line last year.

A few times i remember Minson doing all the hard work but dropping the mark, Skipper would have taken the mark but i dont know if he could have done the body work Minson did to get there in the first place.

Just want to see it tried and see how he goes.

Arguably why Skipper struggles to consistently make an impact at ANY level of football. His hands CAN be pretty good, his skills are good and he's mobile. However, he's regularly out of position in marking contests and is sheparded from the fall of the ball far too easily. Perhaps a lack of intensity is the problem, along with concentration. Minson doesn't have good hands but he actually makes position reasonably well in that he can at least contest. He throws his weight around a bit, so he generally provides a spillage. Problem with Skip is, he just doesn't get to enough contests and it's usually through positioning.

Obviously this is Skipper's last year, if he can't string games together then he's gone. I still think he has 'ability', but that alone is not nearly enough to come close to making it as an AFL/VFL footballer. Perhaps with a strong pre-season, a better fitness base, he can improve but he's realistically starting a long way back now. The NAB Cup is a good chance for him though.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Stack, Reid, O'Keefe, Lynch & Wood should all play if fit. Aside from Reid, they haven't cracked a debut yet but they've showed plenty of promise at various stages of their short careers. I would really be hoping to see something from Stack & Lynch - they need to improve now.

Mulligan/Picken should be played with interest too.

Important series for Tiller & Everitt - both would be hoping to start round 1, but only one of them can be fit in, so they'd want to be playing well early.

azabob
08-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Stack, Reid, O'Keefe, Lynch & Wood should all play if fit. Aside from Reid, they haven't cracked a debut yet but they've showed plenty of promise at various stages of their short careers. I would really be hoping to see something from Stack & Lynch - they need to improve now.

Mulligan/Picken should be played with interest too.

Important series for Tiller & Everitt - both would be hoping to start round 1, but only one of them can be fit in, so they'd want to be playing well early.

Lynch made his debut in 2007 and played 2 games

The Bulldogs Bite
09-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Lynch made his debut in 2007 and played 2 games

Ah yeah, I don't know how I forgot that. He played well v Fremantle. In any case he too needs to show improvement, he's been very ordinary since, largely due to his noted attitude.

BornInDroopSt'54
09-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Ah yeah, I don't know how I forgot that. He played well v Fremantle. In any case he too needs to show improvement, he's been very ordinary since, largely due to his noted attitude.

What is his "noted attitude"? I gained the impression from original reports that he was responsible, a leader and a scholar. Has he gone sour on me?

bornadog
09-01-2009, 11:13 AM
What is his "noted attitude"? I gained the impression from original reports that he was responsible, a leader and a scholar. Has he gone sour on me?

He has had issues over the past few years but I believe this has been sorted out. Its very difficult for young players moving away from home and living in the big smoke, particularly the indigeneous players that come from far north Australia.

Lets hope he can regain form as he has shown in the past he has lots of potential. Remember he was picked ahead of Harbrow, so he must have shown something.

Sockeye Salmon
10-01-2009, 07:27 PM

12 months ago he was very close to being sacked. I would have bet almost anything he would have been the first bloke delisted last October. He must have seriously pulled his head in an impressed some important people with a change of attitude.

Mantis
10-01-2009, 09:14 PM
12 months ago he was very close to being sacked. I would have bet almost anything he would have been the first bloke delisted last October. He must have seriously pulled his head in an impressed some important people with a change of attitude.

I don't think thats a bad thing.

From what we have seen of the kid he is very talented. Let's hope this improved attitude leads to more games and improved performances.

The Doctor
19-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Firstly I'm leaving out

Johnson
Hudson
Akermanis
Welsh
Hahn
Giansiracusa
Murphy
Cooney
Lake
Reid

These are being rested or given extra time to recoup after post season ops.

So assuming no other injury problems my team with a 6 man interchange is

B: Callan, Williams, Hargrave
HB: Gilbee. Wight, Morris
C: Hill, Cross, Addison
HF: Higgins, Grant, Ward
F: Harbrow, Skipper, Stack
R: Minson, Griffen, Boyd

Int: Eagleton, Everitt, O'Shea, Picken, Tiller, Lynch

Mulligan and O'Keefe unlucky to miss

LostDoggy
19-01-2009, 06:06 PM
http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4101

Thread already open pretty much the same deal..

The Doctor
19-01-2009, 06:19 PM
sorry, didn't see that one

maybe the mods could merge.

Scorlibo
19-01-2009, 06:26 PM
B - Callan - Everitt - Picken
HB - Gilbee - Williams - Hargrave
C - Ward - Cross - Addison
HF - O'Keefe - Skipper - Hill
F - Harbrow - Grant - Stack
R - Minson - Griffen - Higgins
I - Boyd - Tiller - Wood - Cordy - Reid - O'Shea

This would be my team. I don't give a rats about winning the NAB Cup but I do see it as a great opportunity to give the youngsters a go. Still around 11 of our best 22 in the side provides experience enough.

Desipura
30-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Ok we are 2 weeks away from the 1st NAB Cup game. As reported today, we know that there will be up to 12 players not playing. Cordy & Roughy are a chance of playing

Here is my revised team

B: Callan Morris Addison
HB: Gilbee Wight Hargreave
C: Ward Higgins Cross
HF: Harbrow Skipper Hill
F: Lynch Roughead Tiller

R: Minson
RR: Griffen
R: Boyd

Int: Eagleton, Stack, Cordy, Grant, O'Shea & Picken

GVGjr
31-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I don't mind that side Desipura and I'd wonder if there was not a spot for Mulligan as well. Is Everitt and O'Keefe definitely out of contention for round one?

Go_Dogs
31-01-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't mind that side Desipura and I'd wonder if there was not a spot for Mulligan as well. Is Everitt and O'Keefe definitely out of contention for round one?

First I had heard about O'Keefe being injured?

Everitt may possibly need the rest if he's been playing catch up after his glandular fever, and the hot, sapping conditions may not be the best for him. Will be interesting to see how he's handled, especially if the conditions are very hot.

Mulligan could also be an interesting selection. The side does look pretty light on the KPD's. Not sure where I would squeeze him in though.

My team would look something like this:

Callan, Tiller, Morris
Gilbee, Wight, Hargrave
Hill, Cross, Addison
Ward, Skipper, Higgins
Harbrow, Grant, Cordy
Minson, Griffen, Boyd

Stack, Picken, O'Keefe, Lynch, Wood, Roughead.

Dry Rot
09-02-2009, 06:00 PM
So with the game now at the Dome, do the uninjured older players come into the side now?

May also affect match-ups and tactics, if we're not playing in a hot monsoon now.

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Good point -- if it's going to be a 'marquee' fundraising game in prime-time with the whole country watching maybe it won't be such a good idea to go in with a purely rookie side and get a pasting.. may need to throw in a few more stars as well since it's a 'showcase' game.

I wouldn't want anyone injured or anything, but Mission being a new sponsor may not be too happy with their new team getting embarassed by 70 - 100+ points (very possible in pre-season) in their first live game in front of 10 million viewers.

Mantis
09-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Good point -- if it's going to be a 'marquee' fundraising game in prime-time with the whole country watching maybe it won't be such a good idea to go in with a purely rookie side and get a pasting.. may need to throw in a few more stars as well since it's a 'showcase' game.

I wouldn't want anyone injured or anything, but Mission being a new sponsor may not be too happy with their new team getting embarassed by 70 - 100+ points (very possible in pre-season) in their first live game in front of 10 million viewers.

I don't think we will cop a pasting regardless of the type of team we field.

Essendon seem to be following our lead (or doing it off their own bat) in resting there experienced players.

I still hope to rest or 'underdone' & older players as we need them firing in the second half of the season and not now.

Dogs 24/7
09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Before the game was switched to TD I was thinking about something like -

B: Callan - Morris - Addison
HB: Gilbee - Williams - Hargrave
C: Hill - Cross - Ward
HF: Higgins - Skipper - Stack
F: Harbrow - Tiller - Grant
R: Minson - Griffen - Boyd
Int: Wight - O'Shea - Lynch - O'Keefe - Picken (R) - Mulligan (R) - White (R)

I wonder if Johnson, Eagleton and Lake come into calculations now?

mighty_west
09-02-2009, 09:56 PM
I wonder if Johnson, Eagleton and Lake come into calculations now?

It's an interesting point, all of a sudden it's not JUST a NAB cup game, i wonder how many of the senior players would now want to play, especially our captain.

GVGjr
09-02-2009, 10:11 PM
It's an interesting point, all of a sudden it's not JUST a NAB cup game, i wonder how many of the senior players would now want to play, especially our captain.

At a function I attended last week, Leon Cameron confirmed that it was the travel aspect that the club was managing with the older guys especially because of the 2 interstate trips in the first 4 weeks in the H&A comp. With the travel to Darwin now no longer a factor will the club have a rethink? My guess in no but perhaps one or two of them might play a small part off the bench.

Stevo
09-02-2009, 10:17 PM

They would all want to play but I get the impression that Eade won't deviate from the original plan.

mighty_west
09-02-2009, 10:20 PM
At a function I attended last week, Leon Cameron confirmed that it was the travel aspect that the club was managing with the older guys especially because of the 2 interstate trips in the first 4 weeks in the H&A comp. With the travel to Darwin now no longer a factor will the club have a rethink? My guess in no but perhaps one or two of them might play a small part off the bench.

The travel factor but now also with the event itself being a charity game for the Bushfires, and being televised live all over the country.

GVGjr
09-02-2009, 10:25 PM
The travel factor but now also with the event itself being a charity game for the Bushfires, and being televised live all over the country.

Guys like Johnson can still make a huge contribution to the event and the fund raising effort without actually playing. I tend to agree with what Stevo said and think that ade will most likely make the decision not the players.

The Underdog
10-02-2009, 10:40 PM
What about the sub rule?
Johnno and Lake could be subs and come in for the last quarter giving other older guys a rest.

Dry Rot
11-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Here they are:

Teams for Bushfire Appeal game

February 11, 2009 11:50am

THE Western Bulldogs and Essendon have announced their squads for Friday's Bushfire Appeal Match.

ESSENDON
1 - Neagle, Jay
2 - Dyson, Ricky
3 - Gumbleton, Scott
4 - Watson, Jobe
6 - Monfries, Angus
7 - Jetta, Leroy
10 - McVeigh, Mark
11 - Zaharakis, David
13 - Lovett, Andrew
14 - Lonergan, Sam
15 - Dempsey, Courtenay
17 - Nash, Jay
18 - Lloyd, Matthew
19 - Hille, David
20 - Slattery, Henry
21 - Skipworth, Hayden
24 - Williams, John
26 - Hooker, Cale
30 - Ryder, Patrick
31 - Fletcher, Dustin
33- McPhee, Adam
36 - Slattery, Tyson
38 - Atkinson, Jarrod
39 - Hocking, Heath
41 - Quinn, Michael
42 - Lovett-Murray, Nathan
43 - Houli, Bachar
44 - Bellchambers, Tom
46 - Bock, Christian

WESTERN BULLDOGS
1 Jarrad Grant
4 Daniel Cross
5 Matthew Boyd
6 Brad Johnson
7 Shaun Higgins
9 Lindsay Gilbee
10 Nathan Eagleton
13 Daniel Giansiracusa
14 Callan Ward
15 Ben Hudson
16 Ryan Griffen
18 Brennan Stack
20 Josh Hill
22 Dylan Addison
25 Ryan Hargrave
26 Jamason Daniels
27 Will Minson
29 Easton Wood
31 James Mulligan
33 Tim Callan
34 Wayde Skipper
36 Brian Lake
37 Cameron Wight
38 Dale Morris
40 Jarrod Harbrow
41 Henry White
42 Liam Picken
43 John Shaw
44 Paul O'Shea

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25039463-5018700,00.html

Three to be deleted?

LostDoggy
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Well you can rule Hille out, pretty sure he got stung by a stingray and isnt ready for this week

LostDoggy
11-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Well you can rule Hille out, pretty sure he got stung by a stingray and isnt ready for this week

Wow. So is 'stingray' is a standard injury now, with Jarrad getting hurt the same way last year?

bulldogsman
11-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow. So is 'stingray' is a standard injury now, with Jarrad getting hurt the same way last year?

Yeah Kerr got stung as well

Lake and Gia surely won't be risked, the other spot is probably between Mulligan and Shaw unless Hudson or someone else is rested. Pity Williams isn't playing though

It will be a test for our tall backman if Loyd, Neagle and Gumbleton all play

Dry Rot
11-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah Kerr got stung as well

Lake and Gia surely won't be risked, the other spot is probably between Mulligan and Shaw unless Hudson or someone else is rested. Pity Williams isn't playing though

It will be a test for our tall backman if Loyd, Neagle and Gumbleton all play

Mulligan, Wight and O'Shea? Hm, looks like Hargrave and Morris will have an interesting night.

Sockeye Salmon
11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
No Tiller?

I haven't seen him on any injury list, either. TCD?

Except for Tiller, other than injuries, only Cordy, Roughead, Jones and Lynch seem to be missing.

bulldogsman
11-02-2009, 05:44 PM
No Tiller?

Except for Tiller, other than injuries, only Cordy, Roughead, Jones and Lynch seem to be missing.

Got a corked calf in intra club match

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4245

bornadog
11-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Just play the kids , its only a practise match

azabob
11-02-2009, 07:35 PM
No Tiller?

What about Mitch Hahn?

The Coon Dog
11-02-2009, 08:41 PM
What about Mitch Hahn?

Here's what I can remember:

- Mitch Hahn - knee - been hampered for 3/4 week, started running, should be right in 3 weeks.

From the injury report thread - 2 Feb.

alwaysadog
11-02-2009, 09:44 PM
No Tiller?

What about Williams. Can't see the big no 12.

GVGjr
11-02-2009, 09:47 PM

That surprised me because Leon Cameron indicated last week that Williams was right to play in Darwin.

mighty_west
11-02-2009, 09:52 PM

According to Rocket, taking the easy approach given his past with injuries.

alwaysadog
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Anybody else think that the sides named might be just a little stronger than will actually play? Is it possible that both clubs are doing their best to promote the game?

mighty_west
11-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Anybody else think that the sides named might be just a little stronger than will actually play? Is it possible that both clubs are doing their best to promote the game?

Not after Rocket said that Johnno & Eagleton will definatly play, the moment it was changed & became a Bushfire appeal game, so would have the thinking of both clubs imo.

soupman
11-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Ok, I'll have a crack seeing as Eade has also announced that White, Wood, Stack, Grant, O'Shea and Picken will play.

FB: 25. R Hargrave, 44. P O'Shea, 38. D Morris
HB: 18. B Stack, 31. J Mulligan, 9. L Gilbee
C: 20. J Hill, 4. D Cross, 29. E Wood
HF: 14. C Ward, 37. C Wight, 40. J Harbrow
FF: 1. J Grant, 34. W Skipper, 6. B Johnson
Ru: 27. W Minson, 7. S Higgins, 16. R Griffen

Int: 5. M Boyd, 22. D Addison, 26. J Daniels, 33. T Callan, 41. H White, 42. L Picken

Subs: 10. N Eagleton, 15. B Hudson

Out: 13. D Giansiracusa, 36. B Lake, 43. J Shaw

That was pretty hard. There are very few specialist forwards, and a heap of midfielders.

I think it will work as follows:

Minson and Skipper will share the ruck until about half time, when Hudson will come on.

Eagleton will also come on around half way, probably for Johnno.

Our midfield rotation will consist of Cross, Higgins, Boyd, Griffen, Wood, Hill, Addison, Boyd, Daniels, White and Picken.

Wight will play up forward.

LostDoggy
11-02-2009, 10:35 PM
dam, really want to see atleast one of either cordy or roughead play

LostDoggy
11-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Looks a good side to me Soupa looking forward to the new guys playing their first game.

LostDoggy
11-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Interesting if they play 4 talls in Hudson, Skipper, Wight & Minson..dont see the need to play Hudson

Looking forward to see Grant finally getting out there..and I wanna see some silky stuff from new rookies Picken & Daniels

mjp
12-02-2009, 12:30 AM
When you look at Soup's team you realise just how important Lake is to us...Mulligan and O'Shea as key backs? I guess Wight is an option back there from the squad that has been named, but even from those missing there is only Williams who can play that role.

Hope the midfield puts some pressure on.

Mantis
12-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Looking forward to see Grant finally getting out there..and I wanna see some silky stuff from new rookies Picken & Daniels

You obviously haven't seen Liam play.

alwaysadog
12-02-2009, 10:56 AM
With Griff out as a result of his father's death only two to delete from squad.

Ozza
12-02-2009, 10:59 AM
You'll be able to see Liam play on Friday night. He's playing. Can't wait to see how he goes.
He got a mention from Bobby Murphy this morning on SEN - who said that of the guys training the house down at the club - Higgins was the 'obvious one' - but that Picko was one that was tearing it up on the track and should surprise a few this year,.

soupman
12-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Here's my new lineup minus Griffen:
FB: 25. R Hargrave, 44. P O'Shea, 38. D Morris
HB: 18. B Stack, 31. J Mulligan, 9. L Gilbee
C: 20. J Hill, 4. D Cross, 29. E Wood
HF: 14. C Ward, 37. C Wight, 40. J Harbrow
FF: 1. J Grant, 34. W Skipper, 6. B Johnson
Ru: 27. W Minson, 7. S Higgins, 5. M Boyd

Int: 43. J Shaw, 22. D Addison, 26. J Daniels, 33. T Callan, 41. H White, 42. L Picken

Out: 13. D Giansiracusa, 36. B Lake, 16. R Griffen

Essentially thje same changes throughout the match, only Minson and Skipper have less time in the ruck thanks to Shaw playing, meaning they can both head forward for most of the game without being buggred.

The Underdog
12-02-2009, 02:38 PM
When you look at Soup's team you realise just how important Lake is to us...Mulligan and O'Shea as key backs? I guess Wight is an option back there from the squad that has been named, but even from those missing there is only Williams who can play that role.

Hope the midfield puts some pressure on.

I would have thought Everitt would be just about ready to have a crack at CHB before either of those guys in the regular season, assuming he can get onto the park. But yeah it's a little thin this week isn't it?

ledge
12-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Has anyone got an idea of how Essendon might line up, then we could compare it player to player.
Looks thin but if the opposition is thin too its not a problem.

mjp
13-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Essendon have Neagle, Gumbleton and Lloyd.

Bumper Bulldogs
13-02-2009, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=soupaman;70766]

Out: 13. D Giansiracusa, 36. B Lake, 16. R Griffen

agree however i think they may rest Hudson