PDA

View Full Version : indigenous all stars squad announced

lemmon
30-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Qantas Indigenous All Star Squad:

Jonathon Griffin (Adelaide), Graham Johncock (Adelaide), Andrew McLeod (Adelaide), Jarrhan Jacky (Adelaide), Jared Petrenko (Adelaide), Ashley McGrath (Brisbane Lions), Albert Proud (Brisbane Lions), Chris Yarran (Carlton), Andrew Lovett (Essendon), Nathan Lovett-Murray (Essendon), Nathan Djerrkura (Geelong), Mathew Stokes (Geelong), Travis Varcoe (Geelong), Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn), Cameron Stokes (Hawthorn), Aaron Davey (Melbourne), Liam Jurrah (Melbourne), Matt Campbell (North Melbourne), Lindsay Thomas (North Melbourne), Cruize Garlett (North Melbourne), Shaun Burgoyne (Port Adelaide), Daniel Motlop (Port Adelaide), Marlon Motlop (Port Adelaide), Danyle Pearce (Port Adelaide), Raphael Clarke (St Kilda), David Wirrpanda (West Coast), Liam Bedford (West Coast), Adam Cockie (West Coast), Jarrod Harbrow (Western Bulldogs), Joshua Hill (Western Bulldogs), Malcolm Lynch (Western Bulldogs), Brennan Stack (Western Bulldogs).

Good to see 4 doggies in the squad. Tear em a new one fellas.

bulldogtragic
30-01-2009, 05:13 PM
The bro's all make the squad.

LostDoggy
30-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Good work young 'uns, now show them what you are made off.:)

LostDoggy
30-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I hope all ours pull out prior the game.

Cyberdoggie
30-01-2009, 07:18 PM
i know it's just a squad but seriously there must be more depth than that!

they have named guys that have just been drafted and ones that have never played an afl game.

Yarran, Stack, Lynch, etc.

Before I Die
30-01-2009, 08:40 PM
I hope all ours pull out prior the game.

Why?

If we need to we can rest them from the NAB Rd 1 game and give even more of our young players an opportunity to show their wares.

LostDoggy
30-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Why?

If we need to we can rest them from the NAB Rd 1 game and give even more of our young players an opportunity to show their wares.

They can show there wares for our club not some one elses. If they are good enough they get their opportunities with us and not risk injury in a BS game.

Before I Die
30-01-2009, 11:53 PM
They can show there wares for our club not some one elses. If they are good enough they get their opportunities with us and not risk injury in a BS game.

Each to their own opinion, but I don't see it as any riskier than playing in a Willy practice game on a sub-standard surface. Plus I think our indigenous players would see selection as an honour. I hope they all play and that it gives Stack and Lynch a kick start into breakthrough seasons.

Bumper Bulldogs
31-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Each to their own opinion, but I don't see it as any riskier than playing in a Willy practice game on a sub-standard surface. Plus I think our indigenous players would see selection as an honour. I hope they all play and that it gives Stack and Lynch a kick start into breakthrough seasons.

On this one I agree, Stack may just need this one game to help him push for selection,

looks like a fair junket going and yes some haven't played a game but i sure it's for the hype and the build up.

LostDoggy
31-01-2009, 10:49 AM

Its a lot more risker, flying to Darwin in the wet season for a competitive non club match. We can be certain that our club do 100% to keep the players best intentions in mind, not so sure about the all-stars.

How is the Willy game on sub standard surface?
Williamstown is our reserves side, the all star team isn't.

GVGjr
31-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Its a lot more risker, flying to Darwin in the wet season for a competitive non club match. We can be certain that our club do 100% to keep the players best intentions in mind, not so sure about the all-stars.

How is the Willy game on sub standard surface?
Williamstown is our reserves side, the all star team isn't.

I would think that they would all want to play though and it could certainly open doors for Stack and Lynch. I know where you are coming from but I don't think the risk is that great.

The Coon Dog
31-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I would think that they would all want to play though and it could certainly open doors for Stack and Lynch. I know where you are coming from but I don't think the risk is that great.

Agree, lets be honest, players can get injured either playing or training. If it happens, it happens. I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

Go_Dogs
31-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Agree, lets be honest, players can get injured either playing or training. If it happens, it happens. I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

Agreed. Great opportunity for some of our younger guys to have a run around with the McLeod's, Burgoyne's, Motlop's and learn a bit from them, their professionalism etc.

soupman
31-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Interesting squad. Have you noticed we have the second most representatives along with Port Adelaide; and twice as many players selected as the two "dreamtime" sides (Richmond and Essendon) have combined. Essendon have two picked, Richmond none. Someone should re-think that fixture.

The Coon Dog
07-02-2009, 05:58 AM
For those interested in Melbourne the game will be televised on Channel 2 at 11.20pm.

LostDoggy
07-02-2009, 01:12 PM
And live at afl.com.au at 8.15pm AEDT

mighty_west
07-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Even though they are only Mickey Mouse games, it's nice to have the footy back tonight, and at least we should get to see 3 Doggies players in action, should be great experience playing in the indigenous side, and can get injured just as much as an intra club game and will probably get so much more out of it.

Bring it on.

ledge
07-02-2009, 02:35 PM
for those of you with HD or Foxtel its live on ABC2

LostDoggy
07-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Anyone got a report on this game? I didn't know it was live on ABC2 grrrr! I've recorded the game for tomorrow : (

Sockeye Salmon
07-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Anyone got a report on this game? I didn't know it was live on ABC2 grrrr! I've recorded the game for tomorrow : (

ABC2 on my TV had The Bill?

wb_age
07-02-2009, 10:59 PM
What sockeye said x2

ledge
07-02-2009, 11:12 PM

Yes mine too, i was going on what the coach of the indigenous squad said on SEN the other day when they asked if it was telecast, SEN said delayed but he said no its live on ABC 2!
Apologies boys.

mighty_west
07-02-2009, 11:15 PM
It's 3 quarter time atm, live stream on Big Pond tv, very scratchy though, i'll just wait for the replay at 11.20 on ABC1 tonight .

http://bigpondtv.com/?cid=BP-Sport-AFLNet-Head-BP-TV

hujsh
07-02-2009, 11:39 PM

Same here

bornadog
08-02-2009, 01:06 AM
Indigenous All-Stars 5.3 7.5 10.9 14.13 (97)
Adelaide 1.2 3.6 4.6 6.7 (43)

GOALS
Indigenous All-Stars: Motlop 3, Wonaeamirri, Varcoe, Campbell 2, Burgoyne, Rioli, Pearce, Thomas, Lovett
Adelaide: Goals: Tippett, Vince 2, Shirley, Stevens

BEST
Indigenous All-Stars: Campbell, Varcoe, Rioli, Motlop, Wonaeamirri, Burgoyne, Clarke
Adelaide: Edwards, Tippett, Armstrong, Martin

Polly Farmer Medallist: Matt Campbell

INJURIESIndigenous All-Stars: None
Adelaide: Dangerfield (knock to head), Gallman (arm/shoulder), Walker (quad tightness replaced in side by Armstrong)

Reports: Nil
Umpires: R Chamberlain, S Wenn, T Keating and J Mollinson

Crowd: 9,497 at TIO Stadium, Dar

hujsh
08-02-2009, 02:44 AM
Hill and Stack play back. I think Harbrow does too. All wear their club numbers for those who taped it

Scraggers
08-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Watching it now ... Stack getting some good touches ... Augers well for our future !!!

He has to step up and geta few senior games this year

bornadog
08-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Watching it now ... Stack getting some good touches ... Augers well for our future !!!

Some valuable experience for Stack, From what I saw, he looked very composed and read the play well.

GVGjr
08-02-2009, 11:49 AM

Bornadog and I met him last year and whilst he is very quiet type he really struck us as very determined to make it. With a bit of luck on the injury front he will play some senior games this year. Not that there is ever a right time, but he just got injured at the wrong times last year.

Bulldog Revolution
08-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Stack, Hill and Harbrow got most of there touches across half back.

I dont think they spent an enormous time on the ground, and were handy but not huge factors in the game. Stack probably played the most and spent some time on Nick Gill.

Stack and Hill look to have further matured physically, with Stack starting to look like he could end up a pretty imposing kind of figure, and Hills upper body looked noticably bigger.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of them this week

Cyberdoggie
11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the review all,

I'm guessing Stack got game time because the all stars wouldn't have had too many key players. Stack being a bit bigger in body size and a defender would single him out more than Harbrow (small forward) and Hill (wingman)

Good to see him do well, he is taking longer than the others but he really just needs confidence in himself and he will succeed.