View Full Version : Robert Murphy talked to my dog

31-01-2009, 12:32 PM
and I blogged about it

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/firstblog/2009/01/31/i-just-saw-robert-murphy-at-le-chien-and-he-talked-to-my-dog/

31-01-2009, 01:43 PM
glad to see im not the only one that goes a bit gaga over bobby :o thanx for the chuckle!

31-01-2009, 02:51 PM
FDOTM, I had no idea you were (make that ARE) female!
Not that there's anything wrong with that on a footy blog...more power to you, I say!:)

31-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that on a footy blog...more power to you, I say!:)

I beg your pardon? What on earth would make you think that? Was it the polite ladies thing?

31-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I beg your pardon? What on earth would make you think that? Was it the polite ladies thing?

Made me think you were a woman till i remembered your voice on the youtube thing

31-01-2009, 04:31 PM

Man, he would be a seriously ugly woman!

He's not particularily attractive even for a bloke, compared to say, oh, I don't know, me, perhaps?

31-01-2009, 05:36 PM

He's not particularily attractive even for a bloke, compared to say, oh, I don't know, me, perhaps?

Sorry, but I'm having gender issues here...

From the article:
I have a rule that polite ladies (like myself) do not speak to famous people if you run into them in public unless you REALLY CANNOT HELP IT.

What does FD mean by this? I need counselling, Sockeye!

31-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Sorry, but I'm having gender issues here...

From the article:
I have a rule that polite ladies (like myself) do not speak to famous people if you run into them in public unless you REALLY CANNOT HELP IT.

What does FD mean by this? I need counselling, Sockeye!

If he starts with the sex talk on msn, let it go. Trust me on this one, let it go.

31-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Maybe he is a tranny!

31-01-2009, 10:17 PM
FDOTM is definitely a bloke.

I saw him with my own eyes (while watching TV one Sunday morning). Was interviewed on some Pseudo Intellectual show on the ABC. I was gonna change channels but must have had flat batteries.

I don't think Robert Murphy was mentioned once.:(

31-01-2009, 10:24 PM
PS LOL at the photo of the back of Murph's head.

Some mates and i have a long standing running joke whenever we spot someone famous we try and take a photo of the back of their head.

We had a website "Celebrity Spotters Club of SA" for a while.

Generally the lower grade the celebrity the better.

I overachieved with this one, taken on a plane last Tuesday.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3095/taitig7.jpg

31-01-2009, 10:34 PM
So what does he/she mean by "...ladies (like myself...)" ?

Maybe I'm not yet PC enough to cope with the secret life of FD! (long, deep sigh)

31-01-2009, 11:53 PM

Maybe I'm not yet PC enough to cope with the secret life of FD! (long, deep sigh)

He means polite like himself.

31-01-2009, 11:54 PM
PS LOL at the photo of the back of Murph's head.

Some mates and i have a long standing running joke whenever we spot someone famous we try and take a photo of the back of their head.

We had a website "Celebrity Spotters Club of SA" for a while.

Generally the lower grade the celebrity the better.

I overachieved with this one, taken on a plane last Tuesday.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3095/taitig7.jpg

They should have stayed on the plane and kept going:D

31-01-2009, 11:58 PM

I'd say it's a joke that works better when you see the person

01-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Haha, nice one FDOTM.

01-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Very good FDOTM, but isnt that rude of the dog not to talk back or at least get an autograph on his back?
At least next time he can act like he knows him personally and say "gday Robert mate, whats been happening lately" or barks to that effect.

01-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Your like a stalker...

I would of lmao if Cal Ward wasnt looking for Murphy hahaha

01-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Very good FDOTM, but isnt that rude of the dog not to talk back or at least get an autograph on his back?
At least next time he can act like he knows him personally and say "gday Robert mate, whats been happening lately" or barks to that effect.

So FDOTM, is your dog male...or female...or something else? Not that there's anything wrong with that either...

Referring to the dog as "he" doesn't fool me ...

01-02-2009, 02:23 PM
FDOTM, you mentioned that you like Jon Kudelka?? I actually played a few games of hockey against him down here in Hobart. I'm a big fan of his cartoons.

02-02-2009, 01:12 PM

Eeeeew, wouldnt he? Kind of like that chick that looks Homer who turns up in The Simpson's every now and then.

Dimma I think that "Polite ladies" and "Myself" (In this context) are two totally different things and one is not meant to have anything to do with the other. FDOTM has a bit of trouble with English as a written language and that's why he draws pictures.

02-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Eeeeew, wouldnt he? Kind of like that chick that looks Homer who turns up in The Simpson's every now and then.

Dimma I think that "Polite ladies" and "Myself" (In this context) are two totally different things and one is not meant to have anything to do with the other. FDOTM has a bit of trouble with English as a written language and that's why he draws pictures.

Yeah, mate...but it was fun while it lasted!:D

03-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah, mate...but it was fun while it lasted!:D

Now that I think about it 'polite' and 'FDOTM' just dont belong in the same sentence ever!