PDA

View Full Version : Vale Jaxson (British Bulldog)

LostDoggy
04-02-2009, 05:23 AM
I hope this is o.k.

I just wanted to pay tribute and inform that my families British Bulldog Jaxson has died. He passed away on the 29/01/09 at the grand age of 11 years 3 months. :(

The irony: I travelled to Adelaide to get him in 97. We all know what happended that year, so I will not mention it.

LostDoggy
04-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Forgot to include it was October of 97, after the fact. :mad:

Cyberdoggie
04-02-2009, 12:18 PM
My condolences for your loss.

I really want a Bulldog but my partner thinks they are ugly, and other people tell me they have lots of genetic problems, smell bad, make noises, etc.

How was your experience with Jaxson?

If you were ready to buy another dog would you consider getting another Bulldog?

Bulldog Revolution
05-02-2009, 05:34 PM
I assumed the post was about one of the wrestlers

Condolences

LostDoggy
05-02-2009, 06:38 PM
My condolences for your loss.

I really want a Bulldog but my partner thinks they are ugly, and other people tell me they have lots of genetic problems, smell bad, make noises, etc.

How was your experience with Jaxson?

If you were ready to buy another dog would you consider getting another Bulldog?

Thanks Cyberdoggie

Absolutely I would, as long as you look after them (bring em inside in extreme heat) and watch their weight no problems, most come down to common sense and how you feel. And yes I am already thinking of it.

LostDoggy
05-02-2009, 06:38 PM
I assumed the post was about one of the wrestlers

Condolences

Close, thanks Bulldog Rev.

LostDoggy
05-02-2009, 06:49 PM
The only other thing Cyberdoggie is they are not cheap and I think currently in th U.K there are people working to outlaw the breed. I paid $1200 back in 97, checked on the net recently and found one for $2000, so price is anyone's guess. If they are still around I went through a kennel called "Craig Rossie Kennels" and spoke to a man called Neil Stone, I would highly recommend. I met Neil at the Royal Melbourne Show and he was more than happy to assist, buying from the net however I am not quite sure. Maybe if you have time to wait and are still keen get yourself to the Melbourne Show this year when they are showing the Bulldog.

Hope this helps :)

Cyberdoggie
06-02-2009, 10:56 AM
The only other thing Cyberdoggie is they are not cheap and I think currently in th U.K there are people working to outlaw the breed. I paid $1200 back in 97, checked on the net recently and found one for $2000, so price is anyone's guess. If they are still around I went through a kennel called "Craig Rossie Kennels" and spoke to a man called Neil Stone, I would highly recommend. I met Neil at the Royal Melbourne Show and he was more than happy to assist, buying from the net however I am not quite sure. Maybe if you have time to wait and are still keen get yourself to the Melbourne Show this year when they are showing the Bulldog.

Hope this helps :)

That's a great idea, i never thought of the show.

cheers Jaxson.

LostDoggy
07-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Sorry too hear of your loss Jaxson42 - our pets are as important as our family.

We just lost our dog to a snakebite, three weeks after we forked out a grand for a previous snakebite antivenum, although she was not a bulldog, still miss her though.:(

Mantis
07-02-2009, 01:24 PM
My family had a bulldog when I was growing up.

We got her back in about 88 or 89 and she passed away when she was 11. We took her to all the functions when the fightback was on and she had her head plastered in all the paper's.

Great dogs, but the slobbering and drooling can be a problem + they aren't fans of hot weather, but I suppose who is.

The Coon Dog
07-02-2009, 02:14 PM
My family had a bulldog when I was growing up.

I always wondered why they said dogs look like their owners. Now I know. :D