PDA

View Full Version : Players Sponsors night

GVGjr
04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
I attended tonight's function that was hosted by Kevin Hillier.

By the way the Williamstown boys were all out training on the ground.

First up was Robert Stubbs who gave a flawless presentation on the redevelopment and the deal with Mission Foods. A lot of this was covered off by Alwaysadog with the Top Dogs Season launch thread so I won't go into it. Stubbs apologised for Smorgons and Rose's absence although he did say that Rose was still in meetings.
Stubbs said they were marginally ahead of memberships when compared to the same time 12 months ago and that they were aiming for 150 player sponsors this year (I think they had 130 last year) and so far 95 have signed up. There were a lot of new faces so that is encouraging.

Keven Hillier then asked Leon Cameron to come to the microphone who went into a lot of detail on how the training was structured and prior to Xmas and through to January it was very much about working in getting the miles into the legs and from February onwards it was about building speed.
No real weight gain across the group, obviously some individuals have, but just about every player has substantially improved their strength. Cameron seemed particularly pleased with that. He talked about the trip to Arizona, the draftees, Bill Davron, Chris Maple and Paul Williams being added to the coaching crew.

He also talked about how a number of the older guys won't be flying to Darwin because with two trips to the West in the first four games. I think he mentioned that Johnson, Eagleton and Welsh would not be making the trip. Other players that would miss included Akermanis (he seemed to think he will recover quickly) Murphy, Everitt and Cooney. Young Roughead injured a shoulder and won't make the trip either.
He was very impressed with Liam Picken and seemed confident that he would play against the Bombers. When asked about the how serious the club was about the NAB cup, Cameron made it very clear that they had the team to beat the Bombers and they would be very disappointed if we didn't win but did acknowledge that every decision was being made around the H&A season.

5 players were in attendance, Morris, Williams, Ward, Everitt and Cordy and the expectant father Morris was invited to the microphone.
He talked about how great the trip was was to the US and that he got a lot out of it.

Griffen is flying on the track and Grant has started to add a lot of strength to his light frame. He was impressed with Cordy and said that he is in full contact drills and acquitting himself well. Stack is also ready to stand up.
Training has been intense but with a lot of science to it. It was all about training to ensure endurance and as AAD pointed out, 90% of players have done personal bests in the last week or so over three disciplines.

Off to a tour of the MELC and the majority of the Williamstown boys were still there. As AAD mentioned, they have an alarm that goes off (Dogs barking) whenever anyone achieves a PB and that it has been going off a lot and driving some of the boys crazy.

Good night and well run by the Bulldogs team. If anyone has any questions I'll see what I can do to answer them.

BulldogBelle
04-02-2009, 11:33 PM
First up was Robert Stubbs who gave a flawless presentation on the redevelopment and the deal with Mission Foods.

Not surprising about Stubbs, he is very good with the public speaking side of things.

Thanks for putting up that summary of the evening GVG it was a very enjoyable read.

bornadog
05-02-2009, 01:31 PM
How does Everitt look? Has he put on some weight and muscle, even though he had the glandular fever?

I have noticed that Rose rarely attends any of the functions where supporters are there.

aker39
05-02-2009, 02:41 PM
I have noticed that Rose rarely attends any of the functions where supporters are there.

He usually attends the bike ride in December.

The Coon Dog
05-02-2009, 03:18 PM
What are the chances 30 odd posters from here tipping in $100 as a sponsor?

GVGjr
05-02-2009, 06:53 PM
How does Everitt look? Has he put on some weight and muscle, even though he had the glandular fever?

No real change for Everitt in my opinion but obviously the glandular fever set him back a bit.

I have seen Rose at family days and a number of functions and I'd guess he is just too busy to get caught up in going to every function. As much as I like to see him at more events, I think we would all agree he has more pressing priorities.

Go_Dogs
05-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks for your report GVGjr.

Just out of curiosity, is WOOF sponsoring Cal Ward again? (Hopefully my memory serves me correctly)

GVGjr
05-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks for your report GVGjr.

Just out of curiosity, is WOOF sponsoring Cal Ward again? (Hopefully my memory serves me correctly)
Yes, all signed and completed. He has added a bit of size and I think he set for as good year.

By the way, that Ayce Cordy is a bit of a character. He's a confident young man.

Go_Dogs
05-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes, all signed and completed. He has added a bit of size and I think he set for as good year.

By the way, that Ayce Cordy is a bit of a character. He's a confident young man.

Good news on both counts.

I think we need a bit of that arrogance and swagger - we seem a nice, quiet bunch, almost too nice.

bornadog
05-02-2009, 08:17 PM
I think we need a bit of that arrogance and swagger - we seem a nice, quiet bunch, almost too nice.

Eade has said that many times.

LostDoggy
07-02-2009, 01:39 PM

I'm in:)

The Coon Dog
07-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm in:)
I guess that makes 2 so far.

ledge
07-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Make it 3.

bornadog
07-02-2009, 04:25 PM

Can I suggest you need a seperate thread and also to spell out what happens to all the benefits that go with the sponsorship. eg, tickets to matches, reserved seating, tickets to B&F night etc etc.

Its not as easy as you think.

The Coon Dog
07-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Can I suggest you need a seperate thread and also to spell out what happens to all the benefits that go with the sponsorship. eg, tickets to matches, reserved seating, tickets to B&F night etc etc.

Its not as easy as you think.

Then can someone who does actually know about all that either post a thread on it or PM me with the details so I can.