PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Newmarket Safeway is Stupid

Mofra
08-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Shopping yesterday, and of course I have to head down the "international" food aisle in a minor act of solidarity towards my newly arrived Australian brothers and sisters, and of course to load up on some Mission foods Mexican vitals.

Alas, Safeway Newmarket has none! Nada! Nilch!

Is this roll out taking longer than expected or are Mission launching Coles first and then spreading to lower standard supermarkets at a later date?

wb_age
08-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Mission products are available at my safeway.

BulldogBelle
08-02-2009, 10:04 PM
We have both the Coles & Safeway supermarkets within close proximity of each other (Avondale Heights & Keilor East) ...the Mission products are available in the Safeway store but no sign of them in the Coles Supermarket.

wb_age
08-02-2009, 11:07 PM
We have both the Coles & Safeway supermarkets within close proximity of each other (Avondale Heights & Keilor East) ...the Mission products are available in the Safeway store but no sign of them in the Coles Supermarket.
Howdy neighbor.

LostDoggy
08-02-2009, 11:51 PM
I bought a Mission food Taco pack from Coles Williamstown. I don't usually buy that stuff but thought I'd support the club.

Cyberdoggie
09-02-2009, 11:09 AM
I saw some of their stuff up in a coles at Lalor!

It looks good too.

soupman
09-02-2009, 01:06 PM
I work at Coles at my way, and we definitely have their stuff, and I'd imagine most other supermarkets would have it unless they've run out of stock, you were probably just looking in the wrong spot. As a result of their sponsorship though, every time I see someone pick up the competitors product and buy it I cringe a little now.

Scraggers
09-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I have already purchased three different kinds of Mission flat bread from my local Woolworths (Safeway) in Perth ... They were available from that first Monday after our sponsorship announcement

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 03:55 PM
The products are at our SAfeway, but located in the fresh bread section. I have tried couple of different wraps - all yummy!

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Shopping yesterday, and of course I have to head down the "international" food aisle in a minor act of solidarity towards my newly arrived Australian brothers and sisters, and of course to load up on some Mission foods Mexican vitals.

Alas, Safeway Newmarket has none! Nada! Nilch!

Is this roll out taking longer than expected or are Mission launching Coles first and then spreading to lower standard supermarkets at a later date?

Walk up to the Manager and tell him he's a dill for not stocking Mission and you're off to Coles to buy it.

Happy Days
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
They're in at Safeway in Ivanhoe.

Mofra
09-02-2009, 08:22 PM
The products are at our SAfeway, but located in the fresh bread section. I have tried couple of different wraps - all yummy!
Aha, looking in the Mexican section, and last looked in the fresh bread section on Monday, which tends to resemble a Zimbabwean 7-11 until about mid week.

Glad to hear others are buying the greatest Mexican accrouments on the planet (probably).

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 08:29 PM
I found it near the 'old el paso' section (strike me down for naming the competition!!).

Normally near the canned foods etc.

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 09:24 PM
They're in Coles Yarraville.

BulldogBelle
10-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Love a Taco and Burrito

I have seen them at Woolworths (Safeway) in two Brisbane suburbs

LostDoggy
10-02-2009, 08:05 PM
I have already purchased three different kinds of Mission flat bread from my local Woolworths (Safeway) in Perth ... They were available from that first Monday after our sponsorship announcement

I haven't yet found any Mission products in Perth, even at my local Woolworths (Mt Hawthorn). Where is your Woolies/Safeway Scraggers? Looking forward to trying some of their products and supporting the club.

cheers!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Love a Taco and Burrito

I have seen them at Woolworths (Safeway) in two Brisbane suburbs

I went to Garden City shopping centre yesterday and they have yet to stock Mission products on the Woolies shelves there.

Scraggers
10-02-2009, 09:09 PM
I haven't yet found any Mission products in Perth, even at my local Woolworths (Mt Hawthorn). Where is your Woolies/Safeway Scraggers? Looking forward to trying some of their products and supporting the club.

cheers!

Hey RD ... Woolworths Melville ... in the bread isle they have four different varieties of flat breads

I haven't ventured to the international foods yet to see if they have tacos / nacho etc :)

hujsh
10-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Mission burritos tomorrow. Will be interesting cause I've only had Old el Paso

hujsh
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Did anyone have trouble separating them once out of the packet?

Happy Days
11-02-2009, 09:55 PM

Nahh they had beaut seperation in my experience.

Their one problem is trying to reseal them with a peg or something.

hujsh
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Nahh they had beaut seperation in my experience.

Ours stuck and broke:(

Was nice though

mighty_west
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM

Not the Mission ones but have had that problem with another brand.

Our Coles in Mornington hadn't had them for a few weeks after the promotion but Safeway did!...VERY nice as well.

LostDoggy
11-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Many of you have queried where can we get the Mission products.

Simply, go to any Coles store in any state.

They have between 2 lines (smaller stores) to 4 lines (larger stores) in the Bakery section.

With 7 to 11 lines in the Mexican section - again depending on store size.

Mission is now their number 2 supplier of Mexican products behind Old El Paso.

Still love the old meat pies.