PDA

View Full Version : Dons, Dogs to play charity game

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 04:17 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25028573-19742,00.html

Dons, Dogs to play charity game
Jon Ralph | February 09, 2009 03:35pm

EXCLUSIVE ESSENDON and the Bulldogs will spearhead the AFL's Victorian bushfire appeal with a charity match this Friday. The two teams were set to play in Darwin on Friday night in the first round of the NAB Cup but the game has been rescheduled for Melbourne the same day.

Richmond has already announced plans to raise $50,000 for victims of the bushfire by allowing fans to be photographed with the entire team next week.

The Bulldogs-Essendon game will echo cricket’s fundraising match for the south-east Asian tsunami, which was attended by 70,000 fans and raised more than $15 million.

The match will be announced this afternoon, but both clubs have agreed upon the venture with the AFL Players Association also supporting the initiative.

In 2006 Richmond and Essendon took part in a game that raised funds for the families of six teenagers killed in a horrific car accident.

hujsh
09-02-2009, 04:23 PM
So do we miss out on Darwin money?

Also is it still televised?

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Great move from the AFL, I will be attending to support the cause

Axe Man
09-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I know it's a great cause, but too bad for those in Darwin planning on attending. Also anybody from Victoria (or elswhere) who might have booked airfares and accomodation to go up and see the game. I guess it's understandable given the exceptional circumstances though.

KT31
09-02-2009, 04:47 PM
So do we miss out on Darwin money?

Also is it still televised?
I think this is a great move by the AFL and Clubs.
The families effected by the fires need the funds more than us and on a plus side the positive publicty and exsposure the two clubs will get will, will far outway the money.
I imagine it will be teelvised with a telethon to raise extra money.

alwaysadog
09-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Any offers on 2 return flights to Darwin and 3 nights prepaid accomodation?

bornadog
09-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Got on the phone quick and change the dates to the Mid year game.

alwaysadog
09-02-2009, 08:34 PM
The AFL will be looking after the clubs and this is, as has been stated, an absolutely necessary change, and as also argued it won't do the promotion of the club any damage.

I expect the AFL and the media to build this game up into something really big. The community also, needs a chance to release all the emotion that has accumulated and there will no doubt be a million buckets to deposit out cash in on the night.

Now that there is no need to travel a few more senior players may be available and there may be some pressure for us to play them to provide the biggest promotional appeal for the game.

alwaysadog
09-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Got on the phone quick and change the dates to the Mid year game.

Good idea, thanks.

ledge
09-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Yes i was just thinking it might make Eades thoughts on who he plays a bit different, no doubt Essendon too.

ledge
09-02-2009, 08:38 PM

You would think they would refund considering the reasons behind it.
Surely they wouldnt want you or anyone ringing up and talking to a radio station or tv about not refunding.

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 08:48 PM
The should have played it at the G, or is something already on that night?

Promoted it really really big and got the ground full.

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 09:10 PM
The game is live on Fox and then on delay at 8.30 on Seven:)

Mantis
09-02-2009, 09:16 PM
The game is live on Fox and then on delay at 8.30 on Seven:)

The game starts at 8.40 so it will be shown live on 7.

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
The game starts at 8.40 so it will be shown live on 7.

Na, read a report that Fox Live Ch9 Delayed, there will be the half hour buildup..

Unless things change in the way of the charitable side / ratings

Max469
09-02-2009, 09:56 PM
What time does the game actually start and what would the cost of the ticket be.

hujsh
09-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh so we're on FTA TV as well. Bonus

alwaysadog
09-02-2009, 10:52 PM
You would think they would refund considering the reasons behind it.
Surely they wouldnt want you or anyone ringing up and talking to a radio station or tv about not refunding.

I've yet to get satisfaction from Qantas, but a very kind person who shall remain nameless tells me that if anyone with a real reason to change their bookings and has a substantial problem that can’t be resolved and is not trivial i.e. all seats on this flight are booked but I want to be on it, can ring Customer Care on 02 9691 3399.

This is a silent number so please don’t use it unless you have exhausted all other avenues.

By all means write down the number for future use, but remember it is being provided in confidence as a courtesy to WOOF members.

alwaysadog
09-02-2009, 10:56 PM
What time does the game actually start and what would the cost of the ticket be.

Don't know about prices but strange as it sounds my reading of the arrangements is that it starts at 6.40 pm.

Can anyone confirm or correct this scenario?

The Coon Dog
10-02-2009, 01:50 AM
Don't know about prices but strange as it sounds my reading of the arrangements is that it starts at 6.40 pm.

Starts at 8.30pm.

LostDoggy
10-02-2009, 08:49 AM
It's actually Being broadcasted LIVE on both Fox Sports & Channel 7 now..

Thinking I should buy tickets today which are on sale from 1pm

Source: http://www.theage.com.au/national/darwin-dogsbombers-game-now-at-dome-20090209-82f6.html

alwaysadog
10-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Starts at 8.30pm.

Yes, thanks for that CD, the earlier time has now been corrected on the site I checked it on initially.

LostDoggy
10-02-2009, 03:51 PM

Tickets are $24 each as per ticketmaster site, looks like general admission all through

aker39
10-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Tickets are $24 each as per ticketmaster site, looks like general admission all through

It's a fully ticketed game, so you will be allocated a seat on Level 1, 2 or 3.

LostDoggy
10-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Im off to this game. Cant wait to get back and watch the footy. Only been waiting 6 months...
Its awesome of the AFL to move the match to Melbourne and support the Bushefire Relife. GO DOGS!!

Remi Moses
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I it sold out? Mission Foods must be delighted with the national brand coverage on FTA and Fox

alwaysadog
11-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I it sold out? Mission Foods must be delighted with the national brand coverage on FTA and Fox

Don't know about being sold out I've just bought tickets 4.20pm Wednesday. They expect it to be a sell out. More people lucky enough to see the Doggies play and to be attracted to pay for membership, I hope.

The AFL never known to hype up anything of course, are calling it a blockbuster.

Remi you're right this is extra gold for Mission.

Caro you just can't get anything right.

Still I'll bet we get sour grapes from you in the near future when a simple I was wrong would do.

azabob
11-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Don't know about being sold out I've just bought tickets 4.20pm Wednesday. They expect it to be a sell out. More people lucky enough to see the Doggies play and to be attracted to pay for membership, I hope.

The AFL never known to hype up anything of course, are calling it a blockbuster.

Remi you're right this is extra gold for Mission.

Caro you just can't get anything right.

Still I'll bet we get sour grapes from you in the near future when a simple I was wrong would do.

Gee you should really relax, surely holding onto those "sour grapes" for more than 20mins cannot be healthy let alone for 3 days!!

alwaysadog
11-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Gee you should really relax, surely holding onto those "sour grapes" for more than 20mins cannot be healthy let alone for 3 days!!

Thanks for your concern Bob, perfectly relaxed just don't forget.