PDA

View Full Version : Fridays game now in Melbourne

aker39
09-02-2009, 05:47 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25028573-19742,00.html

EXCLUSIVE ESSENDON and the Bulldogs will spearhead the AFL's Victorian bushfire appeal with a charity match this Friday. The two teams were set to play in Darwin on Friday night in the first round of the NAB Cup but the game has been rescheduled for Melbourne the same day.

Richmond has already announced plans to raise $50,000 for victims of the bushfire by allowing fans to be photographed with the entire team next week.

The Bulldogs-Essendon game will echo cricket’s fundraising match for the south-east Asian tsunami, which was attende Related LinksBombers blow: Welsh out for three months
Dogs skipper: Johnson looks at successors
d by 70,000 fans and raised more than $15 million.

The match will be announced this afternoon, but both clubs have agreed upon the venture with the AFL Players Association also supporting the initiative.

In 2006 Richmond and Essendon took part in a game that raised funds for the families of six teenagers killed in a horrific car accident.

The Coon Dog
09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
The match will be played as the NAB Cup Bushfire Appeal game at Telstra Dome this Friday, February 13 at 8.40pm.

The game will be televised live nationally on Foxtel's Fox Sports 1 and throughout Victoria on the Seven Network at 8.30pm .

Source (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25028573-19742,00.html)

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 07:11 PM
I will be attending and digging into my pocket to donate what I can

GVGjr
09-02-2009, 07:34 PM
I will be attending and digging into my pocket to donate what I can

Where I work is allowing people to contribute directly from the next pay and there has been strong support for it. Every bit helps.

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Where I work is allowing people to contribute directly from the next pay and there has been strong support for it. Every bit helps.

Yeah my workplace has donated $100,000 and are matching all employee contributions which is a very good effort

ledge
09-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Who i work for has donated a mil but im sure when i get to work tomorrow they will ask for employee contributions too as most companies will .

Dogs 24/7
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
The most important issue here is raising funds for the relief effort and it will be great for our club and players to put on a show for the public. Things aren't easy at the moment so dig as deep as you can.

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 09:37 PM
BUGGER!!!!!!!!!

It does not pay to book in advance!! We'll watch it on the tv in Darwin i guess!

LostDoggy
09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Wow thats commitment..all the way to Darwin for a Nab Cup game.. Oh well its a great place, enjoy while your up there

Dogs 24/7
09-02-2009, 09:41 PM
BUGGER!!!!!!!!!

It does not pay to book in advance!! We'll watch it on the tv in Darwin i guess!

You can't back out of it or get it deferred can you?

Bulldog Revolution
10-02-2009, 10:11 AM
BUGGER!!!!!!!!!

Bad luck woofgirl - sometimes you just cant take a trick,

enjoy Darwin regardless

Desipura
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
BUGGER!!!!!!!!!

How about this suggestion from left field. Ring the Airline company and ask them to donate your flight money to the Bushfire Appeal. More likely than not they wont do it. If they do, at least you will not feel like you have wasted your money!

craigsahibee
10-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Looking forward to the game and will be doing my bit to support the victims of this tragedy.

I am pretty sure the Bulldogs were also involved in the charity match for the victims of the Ash Wednesday Fires back in 1983.

The Sun All Star team played the previous year's Premiers (carlton) a week or two before the start of the H&A season out at VFL Park and the Doggies and the Pies played the curtain raiser before the main game. Unfortunately, during this curtain raiser E J Whitten Jnr suffered a knee injury which ultimately ended his career.

How many more goals would Simon Beasley have kicked if EJ Jnr was there to hit him lace out on the chest 15 times a game?

The Coon Dog
10-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Looking forward to the game and will be doing my bit to support the victims of this tragedy.

I am pretty sure the Bulldogs were also involved in the charity match for the victims of the Ash Wednesday Fires back in 1983.

The Sun All Star team played the previous year's Premiers (carlton) a week or two before the start of the H&A season out at VFL Park and the Doggies and the Pies played the curtain raiser before the main game. Unfortunately, during this curtain raiser E J Whitten Jnr suffered a knee injury which ultimately ended his career.

How many more goals would Simon Beasley have kicked if EJ Jnr was there to hit him lace out on the chest 15 times a game?

Didn't Super have a 'behind the play' altercation that game with Andrew 'Puddin' Smith?

Sockeye Salmon
10-02-2009, 04:41 PM

They most certainly did.

I got roped into helping carry the blanket around where people were encouraged to toss in a few coins. In reality, all they did was toss 50c pieces at the kids carrying the blanket. I got my eyebrow opened up by one.

Big Will
10-02-2009, 05:45 PM
For those who plan to attend Friday night's game tickets are available now at http://www.ticketmaster.com.au
Just type in NAB cup. All seating is available for $24.

Mantis
10-02-2009, 06:20 PM
For those who plan to attend Friday night's game tickets are available now at http://www.ticketmaster.com.au
Just type in NAB cup. All seating is available for $24.

I know it's for a great cause etc, etc... but that price to see a pre-season game between 2 teams that aren't really taking the game seriously is a bit steep.

Am I just being a tight arse?

And yes I will be donating more than this amount to the cause.

wb_age
10-02-2009, 06:29 PM
I know it's for a great cause etc, etc... but that price to see a pre-season game between 2 teams that aren't really taking the game seriously is a bit steep.

Yes you are being tight.

You have to consider that you can sit in any section or level at the dome. I got myself level 2 tickets on the wing for $19 concession x5 plus 3 $24 adult tickets.
Money well spent!

Scraggers
10-02-2009, 06:35 PM

I don't think you are ... I agree that $24 is too much

Regardless of the appeal (I too will be donating more than this amount) ... this is the same price my friends paid to get into the Eagles Collingwood match on Saturday

LostDoggy
10-02-2009, 07:37 PM
What would be the "perfect" amount then?

You could do a mini protest and not attend the game and watch it on Ch 7?

LostDoggy
10-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I think $24 is the right price, wouldnt expect to sit absolutely anywhere at that price for a 40,000 possible crowd game

Mantis
10-02-2009, 09:23 PM
What would be the "perfect" amount then?

I think $15 is a good amount.

If you want to donate more, sure do so, but I think the $24 is a bit steep for a NAB Cup game in Vic.

LostDoggy
10-02-2009, 09:59 PM
You may care about the cost, but I don't.

24 bucks to watch the first "official" hit out by the doggies LIVE, it's worth it.

But as I said, if you don't want to pay the 24 dollars, you could always watch it on TV.

LostDoggy
10-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I will bet my left one!!! that the whole $24 does not flow onto the Fire Relief Fund, it has to pass over a certain desk at Telstra Dome, oops! sorry (Grant Stadium) any way I hope the place is packed to the rafters, Dogs by 38 points.

LostDoggy
10-02-2009, 10:18 PM
You may care about the cost, but I don't.

24 bucks to watch the first "official" hit out by the doggies LIVE, it's worth it.

But as I said, if you don't want to pay the 24 dollars, you could always watch it on TV.

It's a reasonable price and as you say for anyone (or family) that find it a bit to steep in these tough times they can still watch it on the tele. I'll make the journey in.

LostDoggy
10-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah its a bit of money, but im sure people will find $24 since its going to a great cause, yeah im sure all the money wont go to the bushfire appeal, but im hoping at least most of it will.

Its going to be a very special night, id much rather with the game, but right now i dont care if we win or lose, i jsut want the game to make a whole lot of money for soooo many people out there doing it tough right now.

Lets all dig in deep and find whatever we can to help them out.

Cyberdoggie
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
spotless catering proceeds as well as the nando's out front are also going towards the relief.

strebla
11-02-2009, 12:43 AM
My wife got ours and a friends tickets on-line even the Kid cost me 24 dolars but i would be nowhere else

aker39
11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
My wife got ours and a friends tickets on-line even the Kid cost me 24 dolars but i would be nowhere else

Next time you should get the tickets

Kids are $5, and there are family tickets for 2 Adults and 2 Kids costing $48.

Desipura
11-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Im sitting in level 1 aisle 9. Hope to catch up with a few Woofers

LostDoggy
11-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Level 1 Aisle 31 Row A

Cant wait..going to be a huge one

azabob
11-02-2009, 01:11 PM
I stopped going to the pre season comp when your membership no longer got you in.

mighty_west
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Usually i'm not too fussed how we go in the Nab Cup, but now i want to win, given the exposure & cause.

I believe it's about $18 for normal Nab Cup games anyway? So an extra 6 bucks doesn't bother me given so many families have lost everything, i don't believe it's a time to be selfish, and for those who simply can't afford it anyway can still watch it live on TV, a win/win all round.

A few of us "heavy weights" will be sitting Level 1, Aisle 15.

Desipura
11-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Usually i'm not too fussed how we go in the Nab Cup, but now i want to win, given the exposure & cause.

I believe it's about $18 for normal Nab Cup games anyway? So an extra 6 bucks doesn't bother me given so many families have lost everything, i don't believe it's a time to be selfish, and for those who simply can't afford it anyway can still watch it live on TV, a win/win all round.

A few of us "heavy weights" will be sitting Level 1, Aisle 15.
I owe you a beer, might have to catch up at half time!

LostDoggy
11-02-2009, 09:19 PM
$24 is nothing!!
I've paid a fortune for my ticket to the game!!
Return airfare to darwin and accomodation(non refundable)!!!
All to sit in front of the telly to watch it:rolleyes:

Booked a front row table for tea at Kitty's in mitchell st if anyone else is going up for the "game"!! They're having a fundraiser for the bushfires.

Enjoy the game guys!! Go Dogs!!

mighty_west
11-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I owe you a beer, might have to catch up at half time!

No worries Desipura, how many times now have you watched Geoff Jennings duck & weave opposition players only to bullet a pass onto KT's chest?

:cool:

Desipura
12-02-2009, 11:00 AM
No worries Desipura, how many times now have you watched Geoff Jennings duck & weave opposition players only to bullet a pass onto KT's chest?

:cool:
About half a dozen times.

strebla
12-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Next time you should get the tickets

Kids are $5, and there are family tickets for 2 Adults and 2 Kids costing $48.

No she knew there were better offers but decided to get adult tickets anyway

LostDoggy
12-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Essendon V Dogs is a fairly big event in my family, so we'll be there and hopefully they can raise a lot of money from it all.

strebla
13-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Essendon V Dogs is a fairly big event in my family, so we'll be there and hopefully they can raise a lot of money from it all.

My wife and her 2 boys USED to be bombers but are now doggies so no fueds here any more;)