PDA

View Full Version : Power or Monty?

The Bulldogs Bite
19-03-2007, 11:46 PM
IMO these two will compete for a position for most of the year.

Both play basically the exact same role.

They can play back, capable of a role on the taller types or the medium types. Whilst they don't exactly dominate, they CAN do the job.

Likewise, they can contribute to the side playing as a HFF. Power is the quicker of the two, and perhaps more creative, but Monty's experience enables him to position himself in the right spots - see The Elimination Final.

For mine I think Power's best position is on a HFF. Monty, I'm not so sure. Certainly at his peak Monty was a better player down back, but last year perhaps it's the forward line?

What's your thoughts on it all?

bulldogtragic
20-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Depending on form, my man Sam.

Go_Dogs
20-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Monty for me.

Dry Rot
20-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Surely Monty deserves to start ahead and probably will if for no other reason than to vindicate his retention for 2007.

firstdogonthemoon
20-03-2007, 09:07 PM
I thought I responded to this thread the other day but I must have dreamed it.

Monty for me too. His hardness and his experience give him the edge.

We also dont need to put game time into power because he is already good enough.

So, Monty gets first crack and has about 6 games? to prove himself. You cant kill the man with a blunt axe and we will only get another year or two out of him.

alwaysadog
20-03-2007, 09:30 PM

Funny you should write that but I thought I defended Monty's possie yesterday. Is football withdrawal having halucinogenic effects, or am I just stark raving mad?

Dry Rot
20-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Both are entirely possible, AAD. ;)

alwaysadog
20-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Both are entirely possible, AAD. ;)

I fear DR, that it has got past possibilities to reality.

bornadog
20-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Funny you should write that but I thought I defended Monty's possie yesterday. Is football withdrwal having halucinogenic effects, or am I just stark raving mad?

I definantelty responded in this thread and now its dissapeared?

Basically I wrote Monty for me as I still believe Power isnot in our best 22 (yet)

alwaysadog
20-03-2007, 10:50 PM

Basically I wrote Monty for me as I still believe Power isnot in our best 22 (yet)

There might be hope for me yet, says he clutching at straws.

southerncross
21-03-2007, 05:27 AM

Monty for me too. His hardness and his experience give him the edge.

We also dont need to put game time into power because he is already good enough.

So, Monty gets first crack and has about 6 games? to prove himself. You cant kill the man with a blunt axe and we will only get another year or two out of him.

Try this one

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=427

southerncross
21-03-2007, 05:28 AM