PDA

View Full Version : Final 8

aker39
20-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Statistics show that there will be 2 changes to last years final 8. Who do you think will go out and come in.

For what it's worth, I think St Kilda and Collingwood will miss out, and Geelong and Port Adelaide will come in.

Dry Rot
20-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Isn't there that interesting stat that a bottom 8 team has made the top 4 for the 10 or more years?

Cats may be the one for that. Agree Port could be the other bolter. Do our freinds the Tigers have a chance?

Got a feeling time and injuries may catch up with the Crows this year.

LostDoggy
20-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Got a feeling time and injuries may catch up with the Crows this year.

You Sir, have just made my day!

Go_Dogs
20-03-2007, 10:55 AM
The Crows will still make the 8 because they are a very difficult team to beat in Adelaide. They still have good players such as McLeod, Goodwin, Edwards - plus some pretty exciting kids in Douglas (who is going to be a player), Knights, etc..

They are going to face the same issues as we did last year though - no class ruckmen, and an unstructured forward line.

If Tredrea gets his body right, Pt Adelaide will make the 8, they have one of the most exciting midfields in the AFL IMO, plus the inclusions of Rodan and Boak look good too. If Motlop can get his body right, same with Peter Burgoyne, they will cause a lot of trouble.

Brisbane is another that I would have a side bet on. They have a good group of younger players like Patfull, Roe etc who all look the goods to me. If Brown, Bradshaw, Black, Power etc can have good years, they could make the 8 too.

alwaysadog
20-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Usually one of the bolters is a smokey. Who would seem to have the least appreciated pool of talent going round?

alwaysadog
20-03-2007, 06:06 PM
For what it's worth, I think St Kilda and Collingwood will miss out, and Geelong and Port Adelaide will come in.

While I have little time for the Saints I think the combination of enough talent at the top end and a honeymoon with a new coach will keep them viable next season, even if they start slowly.

Go_Dogs
20-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Usually one of the bolters is a smokey. Who would seem to have the least appreciated pool of talent going round?

Essendon lack a lot of pace in the midfield still for mine, although Monfries will add something. I still think they are a year off any improvement, Hird is too old and they don't really have too much star quality for mine. Collingwood is another one in the same category, Burns, Buckley etc have been great players for them, but there isn't enough young talent like Thomas and Pendlebury to support them, lack a lot of pace too. Geelong is another team that I feel gets over-rated a little bit, IMO their list isn't that great. North Melbourne will really struggle in my opinion too.

Besides that, most other lists look ok. Melbourne really have to get it right this year, as they're starting to show a bit of age, especially in their back half. Adelaide too.

Dry Rot
20-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Essendon lack a lot of pace in the midfield still for mine, although Monfries will add something.

Their spine is better than ours, but not much "flesh" around it.