I read somewhere that its a sellout.

Bulldog Revolution
05-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Not going DR

Presuming you'll be flying the flag

How many does Rouse Hill hold?

LostDoggy
05-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Coon is to play his first pre season game..

Sydney have said their putting in a full side..if we're gunna perform well in any pre season match hope its this one..

The Coon Dog
06-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Dale Morris will not be travelling to Sdney to play in this match. His wife is due anytime now.

always right
06-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Dale Morris will not be travelling to Sdney to play in this match. His wife is due anytime now.

Looking forward to hearing all about Dale jnr. If it's a girl...meh...not interested.::)

Templeton31
07-03-2009, 10:58 AM
yeh sorry DR not going. Got too hard (for a praccy match).

BulldogBelle
07-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Just had a peek on Red & White online to see if any scores are up.

Final Scores -

Swans 16.12.108 defeated the Dogs 12.9.81

According to this article in The Age...

Click Here (http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/hall-tunes-up-with-imposing-effort-20090307-8rze.html)

Josh Hill kicked 3 goals no other info at this stage.

Hopefully DR and/or anybody else that went can give us a report.

LostDoggy
07-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Disappointing:( Three games 3 Zip. I hope Rocket is just using these matches to experiment and we have not been seriously beaten:o

MrMahatma
07-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Still 3 weeks to get guys right for round one. Most of our team is either very underdone or didn't play today.

Wouldn't worry about it at all. Round 1 will be a different team.

Good to see Hill find the sticks though.

Dry Rot
07-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Utter disgrace. 72-28 at half time was a fairer representation of the game.

Turnovers, no forward defence pressure, poor disposal by hand and foot and we lost most of the contested ball. Poor delivery to the forwards (memo to midfielders: kicking the ball into Minson's ankles when he leads isn't really useful)

Hill and Griffen were good, and the little ground and the sense of immediacy made over two hours of driving into some strange lands worthwhile.

Lucky for the final score the Swans put on a whole of rookies in the third quarter.

Remi Moses
07-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Gee wouldn't mind winning one of these games. Hopefully these games are just getting some game time into underdone players

Dry Rot
08-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Mulligan was OK - surprised me. Wood looked a bit out of his depth.

Aside from Griffin our midfield looked very ordinary - Higgins didn't live up to the hype. Swans played all over us. We were killed in the ruck.

Murphy and Acker went OK, Hahn looked a bit rusty. Hargrave played pretty well, Gilbee a few good cameos.

The two teams were opposites - Swans could rebound at will, we had difficulty even getting the ball near the forward line in the first half.

LostDoggy
08-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade was happy with the respective performances of reigning Brownlow Medallist Adam Cooney and Robert Murphy.

But he was less kind on Hill.

"He was really disappointing first half, that was as bad as I have seen him first half," Eade said.

"His second half was a lot better, he almost played himself out of round one but he might have played himself back into contention."

Interesting comment there...3 goals and still played poorly? Almost played out of the rd1 side? Must have had an absolute stinker

Before I Die
08-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Mulligan was OK - surprised me.

Hi DR, can you expand on this. Where did he play, ruck or CHB? What was OK about him, ball skills, pace, reading the play? How much game time did he get?

Dry Rot
08-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi DR, can you expand on this. Where did he play, ruck or CHB? What was OK about him, ball skills, pace, reading the play? How much game time did he get?

Down back, on Hall at times. Seemed to Ok in a defensive sense, didn't really see him do much counterattacking/rebound stuff. Covered his man reasonably well, punching the ball away etc. I was up one end and difficult to see the play at the other end. Best guess he played in total somewhere between a quarter or two.

LostDoggy
09-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Looks like we'll be taking a near-full strength squad to Casey next weekend against Melbourne. Whilst not being worried about NAB Cup losses and knowing full well we're experimenting with players at the moment - a solid winning performance against the Dees would be nice to have heading into round one.

KT31
11-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Unbelievable how the news in NSW covers it.
Anyone would think the Swans had won the flag and the Dogs would be devastated.

Cyberdoggie
11-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Unbelievable how the news in NSW covers it.
Anyone would think the Swans had won the flag and the Dogs would be devastated.

i think it's amazing they actually covered it.

anyone know what the crowd numbers were?

Is rouse hill a ground that could be developed for future footy use? ie western sydney?
or are they just trying to spread the word of afl to the area?

The Underdog
11-03-2009, 04:59 PM
i think it's amazing they actually covered it.

anyone know what the crowd numbers were?

Is rouse hill a ground that could be developed for future footy use? ie western sydney?
or are they just trying to spread the word of afl to the area?

Around 3000 was the number I saw quoted and that was a sell out.