PDA

View Full Version : FootyGoss - 2007 Bulldog prediction

southerncross
22-03-2007, 09:50 PM
This from FootyGoss

2006 Position: Sixth

2006 Best and Fairest: Brad Johnson
2006 Leading goal-kicker: Brad Johnson (74)

Backs: Boyd Harris Hargrave
H-Backs: Griffen Grant Gilbee
Centre: Cross West Morris
H-Forwards: Akermanis McDougall Eagleton
Forwards: Ray Johnson Hahn
Followers: Darcy Cooney Giansiracusa
Interchange: Higgins McMahon Minson Murphy

The Bulldogs have become the most exciting team to watch in the competition with their fast-paced, high-skilled brand of football. They made the finals and knocked off Collingwood in the first week, but were hammered by the Eagles in the following match. For the Dogs to take the next step in 2007 their middle range players need to keep improving. Players of the Dale Morris, Matthew Boyd, Jordan McMahon and Farren Ray ilk are in that group. They have a core group of damaging players led by their All-Australian skipper Brad Johnson, ultra-consistent midfielder Scott West and young star Adam Cooney. Jason Akermanis will provide another dimension on and off the field, while Luke Darcy will be hoping to avoid injury and get back to his best. They have twelve games at the Telstra Dome where they play their best football.

Player to watch: Shaun Higgins
At the crossroads: Cameron Faulkner
Predicted finish: Ninth

The team looks all over the shop.

Thoughts?

firstdogonthemoon
22-03-2007, 10:19 PM
This from FootyGoss

2006 Position: Sixth

Predicted finish: Ninth

The team looks all over the shop.

Thoughts?

Huh? There is no justification for this position other than they are all over the shop. This is silly.

southerncross
22-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Huh? There is no justification for this position other than they are all over the shop. This is silly.

The last two comments were mine but I can't see why they are predicting that we will slide.

bornadog
22-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Who writes for the Footygoss? Surely with players coming back from injury and the younger guys improving we should go up not down?

Sockeye Salmon
23-03-2007, 09:32 AM
That sounds like it was written by a Port Adelaide fan on BF.

Go_Dogs
23-03-2007, 10:12 AM
W/o doubt, the worst season preview I've read for us all year. Morris on a wing? Someone help those people out before they lose all credibility.

alwaysadog
23-03-2007, 12:28 PM
W/o doubt, the worst season preview I've read for us all year. Morris on a wing? Someone help those people out before they lose all credibility.

The preview is quite reasonable. The player to watch is obvious and Blind Freddy knows Faulkner needs to perform. Nothing surprising except the team and the predicted position on the ladder. Mind you if that is our best maybe 9th is accurate.

Go_Dogs
23-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I guess, but it would honestly take them an extra 30 mins to get people in the right positions and have a reasonable grasp of whom plays where. To suggest that we will finish 9th means that not only won't we improve, we'll be worse and other teams will improve more.

I don't expect people to suggest we'll finish top of the ladder or something, but we should definitely be included in the top 8. Plus, the blurb was pretty ordinary. Eh, I just didn't really like it that much, the majority of other previews I've read have been much better.

Twodogs
23-03-2007, 01:23 PM
The preview is quite reasonable. The player to watch is obvious and Blind Freddy knows Faulkner needs to perform. Nothing surprising except the team and the predicted position on the ladder. Mind you if that is our best maybe 9th is accurate.

Agree completely with McMahon#23. Easily the worst researched 'opinion' piece I have ever read about football.

Mike Sheahan has more credibility than whoever wrote that. Lets have a little look at this litle beauty;

Backs: Boyd Harris Hargrave
H-Backs: Griffen Grant Gilbee
Centre: Cross West Morris
H-Forwards: Akermanis McDougall Eagleton
Forwards: Ray Johnson Hahn
Followers: Darcy Cooney Giansiracusa
Interchange: Higgins McMahon Minson Murphy

Boyd in the backline?
Cross and Morris on the wing?
Guido on the ball?
Darcy in the ruck?

Piss poor effort.

southerncross
23-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Got to agree 2dogs. It's a confusing line-up and quite frankly indicatates that footygoss is too focused on the WA teams and that they know little about what goes on over here.

BulldogBelle
23-03-2007, 09:55 PM
It's a confusing line-up and quite frankly indicatates that footygoss is too focused on the WA teams and that they know little about what goes on over here.

It's not the best of sites to visit as you mentioned they purely focus on the WA teams and the WAFL and here and there throw in some ill informed news on the Vic clubs. I think footygoss was taken over by a new mob some 12 - 18 months ago and has really gone downhill since then.

bornadog
23-03-2007, 11:26 PM
It's not the best of sites to visit as you mentioned they purely focus on the WA teams and the WAFL and here and there throw in some ill informed news on the Vic clubs. I think footygoss was taken over by a new mob some 12 - 18 months ago and has really gone downhill since then.

Maybe they were on some sort of substance when they wrote it:D

Twodogs
24-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Maybe they were on some sort of substance when they wrote it:D

:D

I shouldnt comment though-I live in Footscray.

bornadog
26-03-2007, 05:33 PM
:D

I shouldnt comment though-I live in Footscray.

???????????????????