PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs forced to change jumper

BulldogBelle
23-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Sponsorship logo's too big....

Bulldogs forced to change jumper (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25232097-19742,00.html)
The Herald Sun
Mark Stevens | March 24, 2009

THE Western Bulldogs have been forced to replace all their player guernseys and shorts after a late crackdown on the size of the sponsorship logo. Both Mission logos have been shrunk by 20 per cent under orders from the AFL.

The league originally ticked off on the size of the logos and the Dogs wore them in the Bushfire Appeal match against Essendon on February 13.

But the following Monday, the Dogs received notification from the AFL that the logos were too big. The Dogs have suspicions they were "dobbed in" by up to three rival clubs.

"We're surprised other clubs would be interested," Scott Seward, Bulldogs general manager consumer operations and development, said last night.

The AFL's decision to reverse its original ruling disappointed sponsor Mission Foods, which is injecting about $1.5 million into the club this year.

It has also caused headaches for the Dogs, who have had to replace 200 guernseys and pairs of shorts.

Both home and away guernseys and shorts had been produced featuring the now banned logo.

The AFL, as it originally approved the outfits, has agreed to pay for the replacements.

AFL regulations stipulate logos must be no bigger than 80 sq cm.

LostDoggy
24-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Weeeaaak!

Desipura
24-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Sponsorship logo's too big....

Bulldogs forced to change jumper (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25232097-19742,00.html)
The Herald Sun
Mark Stevens | March 24, 2009

THE Western Bulldogs have been forced to replace all their player guernseys and shorts after a late crackdown on the size of the sponsorship logo. Both Mission logos have been shrunk by 20 per cent under orders from the AFL.

The league originally ticked off on the size of the logos and the Dogs wore them in the Bushfire Appeal match against Essendon on February 13.

But the following Monday, the Dogs received notification from the AFL that the logos were too big. The Dogs have suspicions they were "dobbed in" by up to three rival clubs.

"We're surprised other clubs would be interested," Scott Seward, Bulldogs general manager consumer operations and development, said last night.

The AFL's decision to reverse its original ruling disappointed sponsor Mission Foods, which is injecting about $1.5 million into the club this year.

It has also caused headaches for the Dogs, who have had to replace 200 guernseys and pairs of shorts.

Both home and away guernseys and shorts had been produced featuring the now banned logo.

The AFL, as it originally approved the outfits, has agreed to pay for the replacements.

AFL regulations stipulate logos must be no bigger than 80 sq cm.
They will have no problem selling them to the public should they go down that path.

Mantis
24-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Pretty petty effort if the other clubs need to dob us in, but I guess rules are rules.

Wonder who dobbed us in? Our friends over at Richmond don't mind butting their nose in where it isn't wanted.

GVGjr
24-03-2009, 08:56 AM
I'll be the first to admit when I saw the Mission logo on the uniform I thought it looked excessively big but I thought it was because of the contrasting color.

Have we found a sponsor to replace Ezy Bonds yet?

LostDoggy
24-03-2009, 09:05 AM
I'll be the first to admit when I saw the Mission logo on the uniform I thought it looked excessively big but I thought it was because of the contrasting color.

I'm tipping it won't be Chesty

bornadog
24-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Well at least the AFL paid for the replacements.

bornadog
24-03-2009, 09:20 AM

On the Bulldogs website, seems to be a range of sponsors, maybe one is a replacement?

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/sponsors/tabid/8858/default.aspx

GVGjr
24-03-2009, 09:36 AM
On the Bulldogs website, seems to be a range of sponsors, maybe one is a replacement?

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/sponsors/tabid/8858/default.aspx

Last year we had two premier sponsors so I think we still might be missing one.

LostDoggy
24-03-2009, 11:07 AM
This edict comes as no surprise whatsoever.

Like their money - hate their logo

BulldogBelle
24-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Wonder who dobbed us in?Our friends over at Richmond don't mind butting their nose in where it isn't wanted.

Yep, same goes with our friends over at St Kilda.

The Coon Dog
25-03-2009, 06:44 AM
Wonder who dobbed us in?

Melbourne.

Rocket Science
25-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Dees eh? Weren't they one of the mobs eventually jilted by Mission in favour of us?

mighty_west
25-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I also thought the logo looked rathger large on the jumper when i first saw it displayed, makes the AFL look a bit silly ticking it off in the first place.

Either way, an extra news report giving both club & sponsor that little bit of extra publicity, plus could we actually sell off all those jumpers and keep the profit even though the AFL is taking the bill for the new ones to be made up? bit cheeky, but you know........