PDA

View Full Version : The Footy Show 26/3

LostDoggy
26-03-2009, 10:47 AM
After waiting for 2 seasons and 18,000 people later I got tickets in the audience for the footy show :D

Great night if you have never been, ive been 3 times now and plenty of fun.

Lack of Bulldogs supporters last night - My mate & I were the ones cheering when they reviewed our team towards the end of the show. Sat right in the middle with our bulldogs geurnseys on & I yelled out 'Onya Dale' when he tipped us..quite surprised most the panel think Freo will win..hopefully we show them otherwise :)

Highlights were Sam dancing to the supergroup..he is an awful dancer but so funny at the same time & When he did the 'Albatross' joke, absolutely cracked me up. Also during the interview with Duck, Sam would write down questions and JB would be crossing off the ones he cant ask. Did a quick Q&A after the show but not many questions asked the best being 'When is hutchy getting in the Gym' which got a laugh.

Overall a really good night, put your name down on the website and you might be able to go in two years :rolleyes: - and has anyone else gone to a live taping aswell?

bornadog
26-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I barely watch the show these days, but wouldn't mind seeing it live.

craigsahibee
27-03-2009, 10:03 AM
I went to the Round 1 show in 2006 as a winner of tickets on Triple M. Sat next to a couple of feral Richmond supporters in the front row who won tickets also. These two ferals went on all night about how they were going to do us over the following night in the season opener. I'm sure we all remember that outcome.

Sat directly behind Chopper Read that night who was on the guest tables on the floor. Even from behind I could feel his eyes watching my every move. Scary man. After a while my mate and I became a bit more courageous and started up with the Neville Bartos jokes and doing our "Chopper Read Weatherman" impersonations.

Turns out that the ferals next to us were family friends of the Bartos' and they didn't much care for Chopper. Priceless.

Axe Man
27-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I remember them announcing on the show a few years ago that they were releasing tickets and to put your name down on the website. I did and have never heard a thing. I guess it's not surprising but at least they could have sent an email saying sorry you missed out, better luck next time.

Scraggers
27-03-2009, 07:29 PM
I have been an avid watch of The Footy Show since its inception having only missed three episodes ... One for my son's birth ... one for my son's funeral ... one for my daughter's birth.

I rang them (unfortunately I only got to speak with the receptionist) earlier this year stating this fact, and that for the first time in 15 years, I was coming over to Melbourne to watch the footy live in Melbourne in late June; I then proceeded to ask if there was a chance that I could get tickets to the show ... the response on the other end of the phone was akin to me killing her cat and using it to polish my boots.

The conversation went something like this ...

'This show is book out 2 years in advance you know !' ... Well no, I didn't know, I've never had reason to ring up and ask for tickets before ... 'We are not even putting names on a waiting list it is booked so far in advance' ... Well is there someone at the show I could speak with to state my case ... 'No !' ... Can you give me a name of someone, so that I could write them a letter stating my case ... 'No !' ... I realise that I will probably get the same response from them, but I would like to try, can you please give me a name, anyone who has something to do with the show ... please ? 'No !'

The receptionist then proceeded to hang up on me ... I'm not giving up just yet though ... I'm going to keep trying

bornadog
27-03-2009, 07:53 PM
I have been an avid watch of The Footy Show since its inception having only missed three episodes ... One for my son's birth ... one for my son's funeral ... one for my daughter's birth.

I rang them (unfortunately I only got to speak with the receptionist) earlier this year stating this fact, and that for the first time in 15 years, I was coming over to Melbourne to watch the footy live in Melbourne in late June; I then proceeded to ask if there was a chance that I could get tickets to the show ... the response on the other end of the phone was akin to me killing her cat and using it to polish my boots.

The conversation went something like this ...

'This show is book out 2 years in advance you know !' ... Well no, I didn't know, I've never had reason to ring up and ask for tickets before ... 'We are not even putting names on a waiting list it is booked so far in advance' ... Well is there someone at the show I could speak with to state my case ... 'No !' ... Can you give me a name of someone, so that I could write them a letter stating my case ... 'No !' ... I realise that I will probably get the same response from them, but I would like to try, can you please give me a name, anyone who has something to do with the show ... please ? 'No !'

The receptionist then proceeded to hang up on me ... I'm not giving up just yet though ... I'm going to keep trying

Write to one of the hosts. I am sure you can get an email from somewhere and plead your case. I would even write to SEN

wb_age
27-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Write to one of the hosts. I am sure you can get an email from somewhere and plead your case. I would even write to SEN
Write to both Sam and Shane's mail bag. Somehow attempt to make it comical, at the very least it will get a mention.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Lol! Just tune into Triple M they give em away..

Someone called me Monday by surprise..and said 'About 2 years ago and 18,000 people later your name has come up would you like to go this week?'

I been in line for that long so I can understand how they cant help you by calling and asking for tix

Scraggers
27-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Lol! Just tune into Triple M they give em away..

Someone called me Monday by surprise..and said 'About 2 years ago and 18,000 people later your name has come up would you like to go this week?'

I been in line for that long so I can understand how they cant help you by calling and asking for tix

Unfortunately we don't get Triple M in Perth ... maybe over the inter-web, but that's it

Thanks for all the suggestions ... I'll give 'em a go

LostDoggy
28-03-2009, 12:47 AM
I went to the Round 1 show in 2006 as a winner of tickets on Triple M. Sat next to a couple of feral Richmond supporters in the front row who won tickets also. These two ferals went on all night about how they were going to do us over the following night in the season opener. I'm sure we all remember that outcome.

Sat directly behind Chopper Read that night who was on the guest tables on the floor. Even from behind I could feel his eyes watching my every move. Scary man. After a while my mate and I became a bit more courageous and started up with the Neville Bartos jokes and doing our "Chopper Read Weatherman" impersonations.

Turns out that the ferals next to us were family friends of the Bartos' and they didn't much care for Chopper. Priceless.

bartos and chopper are good friends and they actually did a show on the pub scene a few years back.

bartos in the movie was actually someone else but they used bartos name cause he and chopper are mates and there could be no legal ramifications.

either you or them are telling lies

Remi Moses
28-03-2009, 03:50 AM
TThe Footy show is as stale as a loaf of bread sitting in the cupboard for 6 weeks

craigsahibee
28-03-2009, 02:06 PM
bartos and chopper are good friends and they actually did a show on the pub scene a few years back.

bartos in the movie was actually someone else but they used bartos name cause he and chopper are mates and there could be no legal ramifications.

either you or them are telling lies

Nice provocative debut post.

Welcome to WOOF