26-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Western Bulldogs

B: Dylan Addison, Brian Lake, Stephen Tiller
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Dale Morris, Ryan Hargrave
C: Daniel Cross, Ryan Griffen, Josh Hill
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Shaun Higgins, Will Minson, Jason Akermanis
Foll: Ben Hudson, Matthew Boyd, Adam Cooney
I/C (from): Tim Callan, Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Jarrod Harbrow, Daniel Giansiracusa, Callan Ward, Tom Williams

bornadog
26-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Murphy named?

Rocket Science
26-03-2009, 06:21 PM
And Freo's for what it's worth:

B: Roger Hayden, Michael Johnson, Luke McPharlin
HB: Josh Head, Antoni Grover, Steven Dodd
C: Rhys Palmer, Paul Hasleby, Garrick Ibbotson
HF: Paul Duffield, Chris Tarrant, Byron Schammer
F: Brett Peake, Ryan Murphy, Matthew Pavlich
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, Ryan Crowley, David Mundy
I/C (from): Marcus Drum, Scott Thornton, Nick Suban, Kepler Bradley, Stephen Hill, Daniel Gilmore, Andrew Browne

Harvey's also admitted the pre-season experiment with Tarrant/Grover is over and they'll likely revert to their traditional roles, as the side suggests.

comrade
26-03-2009, 06:24 PM
From the above, this is how my team would look.

HF: Jarrod Harbrow, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
I/C (from): Tom Williams, Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Callan Ward

No Murphy or Callan - that squad looks fairly strong. A few underdone but I still think we should get over the line.

VeeGee
26-03-2009, 06:36 PM
From the above, this is how my team would look.

HF: Jarrod Harbrow, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
I/C (from): Tom Williams, Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Callan Ward

No Murphy or Callan - that squad looks fairly strong. A few underdone but I still think we should get over the line.

no gia? harsh :)

bornadog
26-03-2009, 06:38 PM

Gia will play and according to Ox on SEN, so will Williams

comrade
26-03-2009, 06:48 PM

My bad - Gia in, Ward out.

Go_Dogs
26-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Looks like a very well balanced side. Wonder which three will drop out. Any ideas who is making the flight over?

Happy Days
26-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Looks like a very well balanced side. Wonder which three will drop out. Any ideas who is making the flight over?

Seeing as Williams is playing, I would think they would be Eagle, Ward and, depending on how Timmy's going, either him or Everitt.

Mantis
26-03-2009, 07:29 PM
At a guess I would think Murphy, Callan & Ward won't play, but who knows.

Would be a shock if Williams plays seeing as though all talk was that he was being aimed at rd 2, but I guess he might as well play with us rather than Williamstown.

LostDoggy
26-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah i was surprised they bothered naming him Rocket said 'Tom hasnt been ready for round 1 hes not playing' etc..

Id assume if hes playing they'll rest Callan after his peanut incident..

So I think its Williams Gia Ward Everitt

Born & Bred
26-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Loving the depth our team is getting.

That's what good teams have.

The Underdog
27-03-2009, 12:26 AM
If we don't destroy them in the midfield, something's wrong. We really look a lot stronger. They've got some really good players and one superstar but we should do this comfortably if our head's are right.

Mantis
27-03-2009, 09:05 AM
If we don't destroy them in the midfield, something's wrong. We really look a lot stronger. They've got some really good players and one superstar but we should do this comfortably if our head's are right.

They've got a couple of very good players.

Agree that if we come to play we should have no problems with this Fremantle line-up.

Cyberdoggie
27-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I doubt murphy will play,

Cooney surprises me as well. The game against Melbourne he was quite under done, and didn't look like he could stretch out to run. I couldn't see him playing at subiaco unless perhaps he plays in a forward role?

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Adam Cooney would be a gun loose man across half-back, I reckon. Would give the team some serious rebound. Would also free Gilbee to roam up the ground a bit.

I'm only suggesting this if Coons is not 100%, not robbing the goose etc etc.

Swoop
27-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I found this statement very interesting in the bulldogs newsletter...

The Bulldogs are confident Brownlow Medalist Adam Cooney will be fit to face Fremantle in Sunday's round One clash. Western Bulldogs Senior Coach, Rodney Eade has ruled out any of the Club's young guns making their senior debuts this weekend but said second-year player Callan Ward would line up.

Assuming Ward makes the bench and Schwarz is correct in saying both Gia & Williams will take up the 2 other spots on the bench it would appear the final spot will be fought out of Harbrow, Callan & Eagleton and it will be interesting to see who misses out.

The Underdog
27-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I found this statement very interesting in the bulldogs newsletter...

The Bulldogs are confident Brownlow Medalist Adam Cooney will be fit to face Fremantle in Sunday's round One clash. Western Bulldogs Senior Coach, Rodney Eade has ruled out any of the Club's young guns making their senior debuts this weekend but said second-year player Callan Ward would line up.

Assuming Ward makes the bench and Schwarz is correct in saying both Gia & Williams will take up the 2 other spots on the bench it would appear the final spot will be fought out of Harbrow, Callan & Eagleton and it will be interesting to see who misses out.

Mantis' dream might come true. A 22 without Eagle

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 06:28 PM

I bet who ever misses this week is in next week.
Heard we always play North after coming back from WA and seem flat.

Axe Man
27-03-2009, 06:53 PM
From the AFL Site:

Western Bulldogs
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
I/C: Callan Ward, Daniel Giansiracusa, Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt
Emg: Jarrod Harbrow, Tom Williams, Tim Callan

GVGjr
27-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Are you wondering if one of them will take his spot or which one will take his spot? The information we have would say that he is definitely not playing.

Sockeye Salmon
27-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Are you wondering if one of them will take his spot or which one will take his spot? The information we have would say that he is definitely not playing.

My mail is that it's no secret and he will play with Willi tomorrow.

Bulldog4life
27-03-2009, 09:13 PM

Strange why they would even name Murph if he is playing the day before in another State like you said SS.

Mantis
27-03-2009, 09:14 PM

Express post?

GVGjr
27-03-2009, 09:28 PM

I'm going to the game so it will be interesting to see who is replacing Murphy.

Bumper Bulldogs
28-03-2009, 09:34 AM
A little surprised as I've been told that Murf is showing signs of "OP" and would be rested.

GVGjr
28-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Yes, it would be highly unlikely to see him travel to Fremantle this week. I'll send you a text if I see him at the Williamstown game today ;)

GVGjr
28-03-2009, 09:59 AM
A little surprised as I've been told that Murf is showing signs of "OP" and would be rested.

Good source there BB? It's supposed to be a knee so I don't think the OP is likely.

dog town
28-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Reasonable sign for our depth when our 3 emergencies are players I would consider to be in our best 22.

LostDoggy
28-03-2009, 10:36 AM
We have played it very safe and there is no real surprises. It's a shame that it's unlikely we will have Murphy and of course missing Welsh isn't great for the forward line.

Desipura
28-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Good source there BB? It's supposed to be a knee so I don't think the OP is likely.
Tim Watson mentioned it on SEN that he may have OP

LostDoggy
28-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Great looking side and some depth too. I love the half forward and forward line

Murphy surely wont play though?

My tip, Mitch to flatten someone, dogs by 12

Mantis
28-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Tim Watson mentioned it on SEN that he may have OP

Not sure where he is getting his mail from, but I have heard from a reliable source that his only cause of concern is his knee. The op he had was pretty invasive and the recovery period to return to 100% can be fairly long.

bornadog
28-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Text from GVGjr, Callan and Harbrow are playing for Willy today. No sign of Williams, so must be in Perth.

Bumper Bulldogs
28-03-2009, 04:41 PM

Yes well it's round one a the rumors are thick and fast, Was told 25 minutes ago that Welsh will miss 1-6 weeks. Not to sure about that one but hope it's wrong.

Mofra
28-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Text from GVGjr, Callan and Harbrow are playing for Willy today. No sign of Williams, so must be in Perth.
If Williams plays, that'd mean Cooney might spend the whole game as a permanent forward so our loss of Murphy & Welsh is mitigated somewhat. Coons is a very smart forwardline player.

LostDoggy
28-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Yes well it's round one a the rumors are thick and fast, Was told 25 minutes ago that Welsh will miss 1-6 weeks. Not to sure about that one but hope it's wrong.

Welsh played for Willi seniors today and looked OK.