PDA

View Full Version : Supercoach Does It Again

LostDoggy
26-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Remember last year when no-one could get on SuperCoach and change their teams at the last minute because of the rush to finalise teams once team lists were published?

You would think that Herald Sun learns from that experience and orders increased server capacity (you can outsource this after all) for the first day of the season ie. today.

Nope. It's nigh impossible to get on, as I'm sure you would all have discovered.

Hacks, one and all.

Mantis
26-03-2009, 06:10 PM
AFL dreamteam is exactly the same.

Giving me the shits!!!

edit: Supercoach site worked like a dream just then...guess I was lucky.

Sedat
26-03-2009, 06:47 PM
If the less-than-useless official AFL website is any indication, I'm not surprised that the AFL-sanctioned Dream Team website is also a steaming turd that falls to pieces at the slightest increase in usage.

Happy Days
26-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Absolutely useless.

Its taking forever to load just so I can get rid of one bloke, something that will take 5 seconds.

Go_Dogs
26-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah, pain in the ass. My team was pretty settled, but there are a couple of changes I would like to be able to make.

The Coon Dog
26-03-2009, 08:11 PM
There's 31 mins before the first bounce & how do you like this message from Super Coach?

The database is currently down for maintenance. Please try again in an hour. We apologise for the inconvenience. :rolleyes:

GVGjr
26-03-2009, 08:16 PM
It's a poor effort isn't it? I thought I would have plenty of time to get home and nominate the emergencies etc but it's useless.

It's worse on AFL.com.au

Go_Dogs
26-03-2009, 08:18 PM
It's a poor effort isn't it? I thought I would have plenty of time to get home and nominate the emergencies etc but it's useless.

It's worse on AFL.com.au

At least most will be in the same boat.

I know a few friends who are going to be much worse off than me, so I'm not too mad. :D

Mofra
26-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Supercoach (my preferred game) working much better than DT.

LostDoggy
26-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Ridiculous -- couldn't nominate a captain or emergencies.

The thing is, Herald Sun put $55,000 up for this (and $1000 weekly prize), and the results are absolutely compromised by their crap hardware -- it's not at all a fair playing field. If someone finishes second by 2 or 3 or 10 points and can point to the start of round 1 where they couldn't nominate a captain, they would be entitled to take Herald Sun to court. (I only finished around 150 points behind the eventual overall winner last year, so that's certainly a factor).

I know I'm being dramatic and was never aiming to win the thing, but my point is, don't put a cash prize up if you can't back it up. It's just rubbish.

GVGjr
26-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Supercoach (my preferred game) working much better than DT.

I just logged in for a check and it seems to have cleared my team.

LostDoggy
26-03-2009, 09:06 PM
It cleared all my emergencies and my nominated captain (Ablett) and vice-captain (Bartel). I'm spewing.. I put players in the starting 22 that may not be named in the final squad, with emergencies to back them up. Now I'll lose up to three players scores, AND not have a double score with no captain.

I spent quite a bit of time this week working on the team because I thought I may have a shot at some of the weekly prizes (came pretty close a couple of times last year - missed one weekly prize by 40 points when J.Hill scored 12 points), but just wasted my bloody time!

Haha well.

Mantis
26-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Ridiculous -- couldn't nominate a captain or emergencies.

The thing is, Herald Sun put $55,000 up for this (and $1000 weekly prize), and the results are absolutely compromised by their crap hardware -- it's not at all a fair playing field. If someone finishes second by 2 or 3 or 10 points and can point to the start of round 1 where they couldn't nominate a captain, they would be entitled to take Herald Sun to court. (I only finished around 150 points behind the eventual overall winner last year, so that's certainly a factor).

I know I'm being dramatic and was never aiming to win the thing, but my point is, don't put a cash prize up if you can't back it up. It's just rubbish.

Hearing this sort of stuff on the other site too.

The Underdog
27-03-2009, 12:10 AM
It's rubbish to have the season start on a Thursday night, so that 14 squads aren't announced until 90 minutes before the first game lockout yet the sites go tits up for that whole time, so you can't make any changes. I couldn't get onto either site from 6pm until game start. Hopefully my emergencies do alright.

Scorlibo
27-03-2009, 01:15 PM
AArrghhhh. I was going to check the teams before finalising my team. Now I'm stuck with an injured Rob Murphy and then on the bench Broughton, Beams and Currie who are all not playing.:mad:

GVGjr
27-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Not sure what I can do now. The whole team was wiped as I was nominating the emergencies and changing one player.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Lol @ Dreamteam. It's run on Bigpond, the same as the AFL website and most other club website i think. it crashed 5 times yesterday for me, and that was hours b4 the rush would have happened. Rubbish server.

G-Mo77
27-03-2009, 02:56 PM
I managaed to get some late changes done around 4pm - 6pm. The unfortunate thing was that I only made a bout 4 - 5 changes in both SC and DT and it took me 2 hours to do it. Frustrating day!

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Not sure what I can do now. The whole team was wiped as I was nominating the emergencies and changing one player.

The competitions dont actually start till round 3-5 or something I believe? So just make your team again and get it ready for when you play off in the league

wimberga
27-03-2009, 03:07 PM
had one friend who went in to after editing his team, was shocked to find he had 3 Tyrone Vickery's in his squad, none of which he was allowed to trade out!

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Good thread.

M.R.M and I were trying to sort out emergencies last night from around 530pm onwards, no chance. In the odd moments that I did get on, I somehow made Raines my captain instead of Judd because the graphics weren't loading properly and I wasn't sure what I was doing.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 03:56 PM
The competitions dont actually start till round 3-5 or something I believe? So just make your team again and get it ready for when you play off in the league

That's not true.

The private competitions (you know the ones we're playing against each other for nothing more than bragging rights) start in Round 4.

The real competition ($1000 each week and $55,000 overall) started yesterday. And your team is locked for the season except for the trades.

The Underdog
27-03-2009, 04:05 PM
That's not true.

The private competitions (you know the ones we're playing against each other for nothing more than bragging rights) start in Round 4.

The real competition ($1000 each week and $55,000 overall) started yesterday. And your team is locked for the season except for the trades.

That's what I'm pissed off about. There are a couple of fringe players I was tossing up between and selection last night was going to determine who I picked finally. Of course I couldn't get on to change them so now I have to hold onto them. Fortunately I got emergencies in earlier in the day so at least now I'm covered for Scott Thompson not getting picked. Just hope all my other mids play.

Scorlibo
27-03-2009, 05:49 PM
I managaed to get some late changes done around 4pm - 6pm. The unfortunate thing was that I only made a bout 4 - 5 changes in both SC and DT and it took me 2 hours to do it. Frustrating day!

Well I guess you have a headstart on me this year then ;)

LostDoggy
29-03-2009, 12:03 AM
I am so annoyed.

Jared Petrenko scored 65 and Shoenmakers, who was in my first team, scored 0. Petrenko was one of my emergencies but all my emergencies were unselected for some reason.

Also, G. Ablett was my captain but was unselected as captain... -- he's scored 160+.

That's 220+ points lost. If I finish behind the weekly winner by less than that I will be very, VERY annoyed.

LostDoggy
29-03-2009, 04:57 PM
One of my friends had Ryder twice in his backline, Houli in the ruck and he had no one in his midfield and it said he only needed one more player. Pretty screwed up.

Scorlibo
29-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Well I got stuck with Rob Murphy instead of Skipworth. That's 110 points goneski right there.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I learnt my lesson from last year. Get It Done Before The Last Day!!!, only way to guarantee.

I doubt that they would increase capacity for one day. Kind like sms'ing on a public holiday, near on impossible, but the system is adequate for the rest of the year.

As the players do just learn to work with the system, happy super coaching. :)

strebla
31-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Good to see I am not on my pat malone in DT and SC but I am still pissed off!!!