PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Flogged - Cousins Does Hammy

bulldogtragic
26-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Life just gives you morsels of sheer erotic joy sometimes.

Sockeye Salmon
26-03-2009, 11:02 PM

What sort of a ****wit is Wallace?

One of the only truely talented guys you've got, who's got hammy's ready to twang at any time, who has been out of the game for the best part of 2 years, who's had an interupted pre-season, who has already had soreness before 3/4 time, in a game your down by 10+ goals early in the last...

...why the **** do you send him back out?

LostDoggy
26-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Completely agree, but sadly someone had to win this game and it was Carlton. You know when its a lose-lose situation whoever wins?
Still, the fact that it was Richmond who got flogged and COUSINS who did his hammy, wellllll, it's not so bad after all.

firstdogonthemoon
26-03-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't mind the tiges getting flogged, but that's a bit harsh on the hamstring. I feel for the bloke, he clearly wanted it and worked hard to get it. Oh well. It is a beautiful game.

BulldogBelle
26-03-2009, 11:07 PM

Think a lot of Bulldogs supporters get a case of schadenfreude on nights like tonight :)

Mantis
26-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Coach gone by rd 5?

Great to see there fans leaving the ground at the start of the last qtr, only had 6 months to wait and they can't even last a full game.

LostDoggy
26-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I don't mind the tiges getting flogged, but that's a bit harsh on the hamstring. I feel for the bloke, he clearly wanted it and worked hard to get it. Oh well. It is a beautiful game.

I didin't mean it as in "YESSSS, COUSINS DID HIS HAMMY!", I mean it more as it was Cousins who the Richmond fans and supporters wanted to save them so badly, and like Sockeye said, Wallace sent him back out and then it all came crashing down (even more so). I didn't mean it as a personal attack on Cousins (or consider it fantastic he's injured), it was just the disappointment it all causes for Richmond.

BulldogBelle
26-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Loved that game.

Those tiger fans were getting very cocky. This has certainly knocked them down.

9th spot looking good - maybe.

No pressure Wallace, no pressure:D

wb_age
26-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Re: Pathetic excuse for a football team
_______
|. . . |
|. .. .O
|. . .-|-
|. . . ^
|

News Flash!! - Terry Wallace hung, everyone Celebrates.
HA! says it all

LostDoggy
26-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Never sad to see richmond crushed but not too happy to see carlton looking strong tonight and finally having sme options up forward...

The Bulldogs Bite
26-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Never sad to see richmond crushed but not too happy to see carlton looking strong tonight and finally having sme options up forward...

It's not like they had much competition.

A guy playing his first game kicked 3 and Betts 5.

Says it all.

always right
27-03-2009, 12:16 AM
One of those bitter sweet matches. Hated seeing those Carlton wankers get the points butl loved seeing Richmond get flogged.....but felt sorry for Cousins. Even he didn't deserve that outcome late in the game.

They get one aging supstar with serious doubts on his ability to reach previous heights, and all of a sudden Tiger supporters had their team jumping from ninth to top four. It was always going to end in tears.

A club bereft of leaders, a coach bereft of a gameplan, and a team bereft of footskills....they have the trifecta.

The Underdog
27-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Richmond with a record number of memberships...to be ripped up and sent back to the club.
Seriously, they've got the Cats next week. It will be our duty to destroy them in round 3. We simply must.
Terry is on a countdown as of....now.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 01:02 AM
I hate Carlton, and I feel for the really genuine, faithful Tiger fans. But god it was awful - I was really looking forward to watching a good game tonight as well.:o

The player I feel the most for is Richo, he gives his absolute heart and soul for that useless club - imagine if he was at our club - we would have a couple of premierships under our belt by now.

I felt a bit sorry for Cousins, by my young bloke has never forgiven him tearing us a new one in his comeback game in 2007 - he was a cocky little bugger then - how the mighty have fallen.

KT31
27-03-2009, 01:06 AM
So much for the so called experts predicting a top eight finish.
The one finish will be Wallace by round eight.

KT31
27-03-2009, 01:53 AM
What sort of a ****wit is Wallace?

Honestly this must be rhetorical.
Smith on Robram and lets not tag Jarmine in the last quarter stupid.
Spewed when Grinter broke his jaw and now wish he had done a better job.

G-Mo77
27-03-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm still laughing about the loss.

I haven't seen it yet, had to work, was there the typical feral Richmond supporters waiting for their team to walk off the ground? Any spitters? :D

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3927/3459965.jpg

Remi Moses
27-03-2009, 06:59 AM
What about tripe Wallace went on pre-match on Radio[every station]:ee''I wish our better players were younger ,but that's the list I was given''. Well bugger me he's only been coaching them for 5 bloody years,but it's still Frawley's fault:

BTW our ex-coach might need some longer time in his solarium this week as he turned pale last night.:D:D. I thought he might do a bit of coaching amongst his media commitments.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Try getting a delivery of chicken sh.t for your garden this morning.

No hope.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Ahh this makes so many people feel good.

Those Richmond supporters hanging their finals hopes on one man

Its a little cycle; No Cousins = No Finals = No Wallace

Sedat
27-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Desperate coaches who will do anything to cling onto their jobs tend to make stupid, short term decisions - Exhibit A: Peter Rohde trade week 2003. Exhibit B: Suntan Terry making the 11th hour decision to draft a ready-made player on the wrong side of 30 with a poor recent history with soft tissue injuries, and then proceeding to flog him in his first game with the club.

Not surprising there was an absence of Caroline Wilson penned articles in the big paper this morning.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Try getting a delivery of chicken sh.t for your garden this morning.

No hope.

:D Too true.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Well if you were Wallace, you would have to play him. Its his last roll of the dice. 'If I'm going down then you are coming with me'
Wallace knows he is fighting for survival, he ain't looking to far into the future.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 11:13 AM
And Carlton fans calling up SEN this morning suggesting they were favourites for the premiership, and their first year players are geniuses etc etc. You beat Richmond, you dumb@$$es. It would be like Essendon supporters crowing because they flogged Melbourne.

Last time Richmond were flogged in Rd 1, it was by the tune of 115 points or so to the Dogs, and we barely made the eight that year.

Nothing I saw last night told me anything new, or said top 8 for either team. Carlton are way too light on in so many departments -- Sam Jacobs in the ruck tells me all I need to know about their bona fides.

Sockeye Salmon
27-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Last time Richmond were flogged in Rd 1, it was by the tune of 115 points or so to the Dogs, and we barely made the eight that year.

Didn't Geelong smash them as well? I remember Wallace saying something like 'we may as well have spent all pre-season in the pub'

What's the world record for memberships cut in half and returned to a club?

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 12:53 PM
What's the world record for memberships cut in half and returned to a club?

Parked our car in Punt Road last night
We had two (2) Tiger's season tickets sitting on the dashboard.
Some bastard broke into the car and LEFT TWO MORE! :D

Sockeye Salmon
27-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Parked our car in Punt Road last night
We had two (2) Tiger's season tickets sitting on the dashboard.
Some bastard broke into the car and LEFT TWO MORE! :D

I was speaking to mjp this morning.

He told me of a famous story from the Chicago Bulls pre-Jordon (when they were crap).

The administration offices got broken into after another heavy defeat. Nothing was taken but the police found 2 membership tickets sitting on the CEO's desk.

Why tear up your tickets when you can return them personally? Some things are just too important to wait until Monday morning.

Go_Dogs
27-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Always great to see Richmond lose, but it's offset by the fact those cheating, arrogant Carlton guys got a win.

Pretty disappointing for Cousins.

How good is Mitch Robinson going? Just to toot my own horn a little, from the phantom draft we conducted. And my other man Schoenmakers is debuting this week too. Maybe I can start recruiting for Richmond, they need all the help they can get. Haha :D

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Can someone give me their honest thoughts on Richardsons' football ability and impact on a game?

I've given my thoughts b4 on him (not here but to friends and on other forums).

Lets just say my footballing opinion of him ranks equal to that of Nicholas Cages' acting ability.

bulldogtragic
27-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Can someone give me their honest thoughts on Richardsons' football ability and impact on a game?

Lets just say my footballing opinion of him ranks equal to that of Nicholas Cages' acting ability.
Ok.

Decent player who is past his prime, who has more hype than runs on the board. But still on any given day could tear a team to shreads. But i don't expect him to do that more than a couple of times this year. Seems like a decent kind of guy, but never took the next step to 'dominate' the competition. Perhaps if he hadn't done the knee it might have been different.

But on your equation, i think it is Nick Cage in 'The Rock'. Solid name and reputation, but got out shone as an action hero by a 63 year old scottish man.

The Coon Dog
27-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't mind Richo.

Tries his best & often hampered with poor delivery by team mates with worse kicking skills than he. Shame he sometimes undoes his good work with elementary misses.

Honestly, I couldn't be critical of Richo, gives his all for his club & as a supporter that's all you can ask for.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 02:57 PM
I'd have Richo even at his age at the bulldogs this season.

ledge
27-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Wallace doesnt teach his forwards to tackle, his game plan is back yourselves, thats ok if you have the ball and know how to get it, but for first game of the year there was no hunger.
4 years and no improvement.
Wasnt the reason Wallace took Richmond because he said the list was more advanced than Hawthorns?
March we know doesnt like him, i give it 3 rounds maximum.

aker39
27-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Cousins has done his hamstring in 6 of his last 12 games of footy.

Jordan McMahon still can't hit a target 20 metres away. (I tried ringing SEN last night to rub it in to Richmond supporters that they are paying $350,000 a year for this bloke.)

Nathan Brown had his best pre season in years, gets to play in front of a big crowd (as per his wish when he left the dogs) and plays like a someone who's happy to rest on his 1/2 a million dollars a year.

Terry Wallace is one week closer to getting the sack.

Good night all round!!!

bornadog
27-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Richmond round 1 under Terry:

2005 - loss to Geelong 62 points

2006 - Loss to Bulldogs 115 points

2007 - Loss to carlton - 17 points

2008 - Won against Carlton 30 points

2009 - Loss to carlton - 83 points

great record:D

Sockeye Salmon
27-03-2009, 04:01 PM

We would have won last years premiership with him.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Said it many times -- Richo is at the wrong club. If he's at a club that doesn't rely on him to kick their winning score he would be gold. Dogs would have won a couple already.. others can kick the goals, just need him to straighten up the spine.

Should have left Richmond a long time ago.. sitting next to a Richmond fan now and even he agrees that he should have gone for his own sake. Would have had a lot more personal success.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Should have left Richmond a long time ago.. sitting next to a Richmond fan now and even he agrees that he should have gone for his own sake. Would have had a lot more personal success.

Was thinking that last night. Half the grimaces on his face must also be due to the fact he knows this. Wonder what Tigers would have got for him 4 or 5 years back when he was much younger and would have benefited from having better players around him. Not the rubbish that are the Yellow and Crap.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Desperate coaches who will do anything to cling onto their jobs tend to make stupid, short term decisions - Exhibit A: Peter Rohde trade week 2003. Exhibit B: Suntan Terry making the 11th hour decision to draft a ready-made player on the wrong side of 30 with a poor recent history with soft tissue injuries, and then proceeding to flog him in his first game with the club.

Not surprising there was an absence of Caroline Wilson penned articles in the big paper this morning.

What are the tatslotto numbers for tonight, mate?

You called it early!

Watching Richmond suffer is almost as good as us winning (well, nowhere near as good, damn good, none the less) Knowing that Wallace and Brown will never see a premiership fills me with such a comfortable warmth.

Watching those two old Richmond blokes sitting in their seats 45 minutes after the game weighing up a few things summed it all up/....!

Gold!

Dancin' Douggy
27-03-2009, 04:28 PM
ho ho he he he haa haa haaa. WOO HOO HEE HEE HAA HAA HAAA OOHHHH MAN!!!!
WOO HOO HAHA HA
hmmmm. (cough) PHEW! oh well, back to work..............

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 04:51 PM
The comments on today's Richmond Board are brilliant

Here's my favourite offering the writer's opinion of Mc Mahon

"....He is about as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition."

Top that:D

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Geezus they were bad...even the mostly reliable N.Brown turned it over alot last night....Wallet to go before round five, one K. Sheedy ready to step into the role....:eek:

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 05:03 PM
"I went to Richmond to play finals football"

Get yourself an MCC membership then Brown.

vho
27-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcUXnHyOEU
:D

Bulldog Revolution
27-03-2009, 05:34 PM
All of this means nothing if we dont beat them in R3

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah I haven't bagged Richmond (yet) because I know we still haven't played yet and anything can happen. And we're last to play so if we did get smashed it'd be the freshest thing on peoples minds.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh, we're not going to get smashed! For heaven's sakes.

A tight loss, maybe, 1 - 3 goals, but I'm calling it a 30+ point win to the Dogs after a close first half.

lemmon
27-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Ha ha ha, enjoy McMahon and Brown. I dont think Brown was sighted after half time and McMahons footskills are pathetic.

Scraggers
27-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcUXnHyOEU
:D

Very funny !!!

Desipura
28-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I was lucky enough to sit in the MCC members last night at the Gee vs Haw game. I saw a guy with a doggies cap and I yelled out "go doggies", he replied I am actually a Richmond supporter but was too ashamed to wear the cap. GOLD!

LostDoggy
28-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Was a great night, topped off by Cousins.

The Coon Dog
28-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Was a great night, topped off by Cousins.

Your wish came true too. ;)

LostDoggy
28-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Your wish came true too. ;)

I honestly couldn't believe it, and had a chuckle to myself.

It's great to see Wallace struggling at Richmond, since he left us to go to Sydney & that little deal fell through.

Brown going there to play finals, what a laugh.

And McMahon, i don't really have anything against him.

The Coon Dog
28-03-2009, 01:37 PM
And McMahon, i don't really have anything against him.

Except that he plays for Richmond! :D

LostDoggy
28-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Except that he plays for Richmond! :D

Yeah that's true :D

1eyedog
28-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Good player, tried to be everywhere on Thursday night and slipped into the spaces down back well I thought. Tried very hard as he always does and was one of the Tigers better players I thought. The Lord of War was a great movie, well acted and exciting, just like Richo sometimes.....

Remi Moses
28-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Notice that they are turning on Judas Brown as well. Comments on his big bucks and lack of intensity and effort. As for Mcmahon gone backwards from a good 2006,i'm still having nightmares of his effort on Lappin in the Carlton game2007. Dog [pardon the woeful pun] chasing it's own tail.

1eyedog
28-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Yeah I haven't bagged Richmond (yet) because I know we still haven't played yet and anything can happen. And we're last to play so if we did get smashed it'd be the freshest thing on peoples minds.

That's ok I'll do it for you. Richmond suck, have done since 1980 and Terry Wallace is over-rated. Wallace went to a club with no heart and that's the only reason why he got so much out of us, heart. Unlike many of the posters here on WOOF I feel not the slightest bit of remorse for B. Cousins.

alwaysadog
30-03-2009, 10:35 PM

She, as in the cat's mother, no comment, oh dear, and after she said we were desperate for a sponsor but implied the tigres were well run. If Cousins recruitment wasn't a desperation ploy, then I don't know what is.

Caro won't be silent for long, she will be seething and someone will soon get sprayed with her venom.

alwaysadog
30-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Said it many times -- Richo is at the wrong club. If he's at a club that doesn't rely on him to kick their winning score he would be gold. Dogs would have won a couple already.. others can kick the goals, just need him to straighten up the spine.

OK I'll be the dumb ass, I've heard of straightening up an attack that wastes too many opportunities by mucking about in pockets, but that's never been our problem and exactly what straightening up does a side that kicked 25 goals need?

Mantis
30-03-2009, 10:49 PM
OK I'll be the dumb ass, I've heard of straightening up an attack that wastes too many opportunities by mucking about in pockets, but that's never been our problem and exactly what straightening up does a side that kicked 25 goals need?

And how many goals do we normally kick against the better teams in the competition?

We kicked a combined total of 18 goals against Geelong & Hawthorn in our finals games last year. A good key forward would have no doubt helped us in these 2 games.

lemmon
30-03-2009, 11:00 PM
And how many goals do we normally kick against the better teams in the competition?

We kicked a combined total of 18 goals against Geelong & Hawthorn in our finals games last year. A good key forward would have no doubt helped us in these 2 games.

Richos a champion but ideally I would prefer a differant type of key forward. His role is played by the likes of Murph, Hahn and Johno where as I think we are more in need for a guy who can split packs like a Roughead or Jonothan Brown. I see Richo as a more hit up/leading forward.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm of the opposite view, a tall that moves from hb to ff suit our game plan.

alwaysadog
30-03-2009, 11:46 PM

In one post you are straightening up our spine, now a good key forward would help. Is this one and the same thing?

Sockeye Salmon
31-03-2009, 01:52 AM

We could have kicked a few more if

a) our midfield actually got hold of the thing and kicked it forward of the centre v Hawthorn (John Coleman wouldn't have got a kick at FF for us that night) and

b) we might not be having this conversation if Eagleton, Minson x 2, Hahn and Boyd hadn't all missed very kickable goals v Geelong.

Mantis
31-03-2009, 08:48 AM
We could have kicked a few more if

a) our midfield actually got hold of the thing and kicked it forward of the centre v Hawthorn (John Coleman wouldn't have got a kick at FF for us that night) and

b) we might not be having this conversation if Eagleton, Minson x 2, Hahn and Boyd hadn't all missed very kickable goals v Geelong.

You're plrobably right, but over the years we have seemed to struggle against the better teams with our 'small' forwardline. Probably all it means is that when you play the really good teams, teams that are better than you, you normally lose as a result of kicking less goals than opposition. Probably wouldn't matter who was down there..... All makes sense now.

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Richos a champion but ideally I would prefer a differant type of key forward. His role is played by the likes of Murph, Hahn and Johno where as I think we are more in need for a guy who can split packs like a Roughead or Jonothan Brown. I see Richo as a more hit up/leading forward.

Richo doesn't split packs? What game have I been watching all this time? And here I was thinking he was one of the best pack marks in the history of the game...

azabob
31-03-2009, 01:14 PM

Disagree, Richardson could play from the goal square quite easily. Richmond use him in that lead up role because they dont have any other forward to perform that role.

lemmon
31-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Richo doesn't split packs? What game have I been watching all this time? And here I was thinking he was one of the best pack marks in the history of the game...

Differant types of forwards, IMO someone like a Brown would be more capable of standing in the square and muscling his opponent out of the way where a Richo is more dangerous on the lead. Id prefer a Brown or Bradshaw in the forward line as IMO we lack the get out bomb it long option where as we have the leading forwards covered.

lemmon
31-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Disagree, Richardson could play from the goal square quite easily. Richmond use him in that lead up role because they dont have any other forward to perform that role.

Jack Riewoldt, Pettifer when he's down there.

bulldogsman
31-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Differant types of forwards, IMO someone like a Brown would be more capable of standing in the square and muscling his opponent out of the way where a Richo is more dangerous on the lead. Id prefer a Brown or Bradshaw in the forward line as IMO we lack the get out bomb it long option where as we have the leading forwards covered.

Have you seen the several games where Richo was out muscling Brian Harris and even kicked 10 goals on him? Richo is one of the best contested marks i've seen

Mantis
31-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Have you seen the several games where Richo was out muscling Brian Harris and even kicked 10 goals on him? Richo is one of the best contested marks i've seen

Didn't happen.

Brian was out suspended and we were forced to play Scott Bassett on Richo who was slotting them through from everywhere.

I saw Brian on the way out that after day, being slightly intoxicated I gave him a spray that his stupid suspension cost us a win that day.... It probably did.

Sockeye Salmon
31-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Didn't happen.

Brian was out suspended and we were forced to play Scott Bassett on Richo who was slotting them through from everywhere.

I saw Brian on the way out that after day, being slightly intoxicated I gave him a spray that his stupid suspension cost us a win that day.... It probably did.

Shaggy and Ben Harrison spent time on Richo that day as well.

Richo has kicked bags on 6 on Lake in the past.

bulldogsman
31-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Didn't happen.

Apologies, but i have seen him out muscle Lake on a number of occasions

Dancin' Douggy
31-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Apologies, but i have seen him out muscle Lake on a number of occasions

EVERY FULL FORWARD HAS MUSCLED OUT EVERY FULL BACK ON A "NUMBER OF OCCASIONS".

LostDoggy
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
EVERY FULL FORWARD HAS MUSCLED OUT EVERY FULL BACK ON A "NUMBER OF OCCASIONS".

Very existentialist. Philosophical tautology that calls into question the non-linear nature of truth and the word 'every'.

Notice the passion evident in the consistent capitalisation, the stern quotation marks around an offending phrase, the rhymmic and rhythmic motif, the elegent brevity. While not strictly accurate from a rational standpoint, it is not possible to debate this without expanding the discourse to include the meaning of 'meaning'.

Genius. Accidental art. The more I read it the more I actually really, really like it.

Early nomination for Post of the Year.

bulldogtragic
02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Very existentialist. Philosophical tautology that calls into question the non-linear nature of truth and the word 'every'.

Notice the passion evident in the consistent capitalisation, the stern quotation marks around an offending phrase, the rhymmic and rhythmic motif, the elegent brevity. While not strictly accurate from a rational standpoint, it is not possible to debate this without expanding the discourse to include the meaning of 'meaning'.

Genius. Accidental art. The more I read it the more I actually really, really like it.

Early nomination for Post of the Year.
:) Add it to the quote of the year thread... :)

hujsh
04-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Those who really enjoyed their match last week might not be liking this one as much

LostDoggy
04-04-2009, 05:35 PM
What does it say about Geelong though?

aker39
04-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Those who really enjoyed their match last week might not be liking this one as much

I disagree.

An honourable loss. The perfect result leading up to our game next week.

bulldogtragic
04-04-2009, 06:02 PM
A loss is a loss, lets wait for Wallet to cinvince us it's really a win...

immortalmike
04-04-2009, 06:08 PM
What does it say about Geelong though?

I think it tells us more about Richmond. It shows that they are still the same side that gets flogged one week then comes out firing the next and despite the planets aligning (Ottens going down, a tired looking Geelong) for them still comes up short and loses. Same old Richmond.
I just hope it's not same Bulldogs tomorrow.:(

LostDoggy
04-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I spoke to an idiot Richmond supporter/trainer this week, who is convinced they lost to Carlton cos 3 of their best midfielders are out. Those 3 are:
Coughlan - who has hardly played a game in 3 years
Kane Johnson - '2 time premeirship player' but is well past his best.
Cotchin - 2nd year player that has probably only played 10 games max.

LostDoggy
04-04-2009, 07:05 PM
On today's game I only saw the first half, but I thought Geelong flattered Richmond.
The tiges got a number of soft frees, Geelong missed easy chances again and Ottens injury may have changed the game.
I'm not convinced about Geelong this season, they played poorly today.

bornadog
04-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I watched the second half today.

Richmond had a great third quarter and really had Geelong on toast. There were some real dubious 50 metre penalties paid to Geelong so Richmond should have been further ahead. Geelong won because they took control of the game in the last quarter and slowed the game down and only moved forward inch by inch, kicking the ball to each other until they got a break through the zone. Richmond lack any strength and were out bustled by Geelong. They don't really have any KPP's other than Richo, who by the way was sensational.

Mofra
05-04-2009, 12:06 AM
I spoke to an idiot Richmond supporter/trainer this week, who is convinced they lost to Carlton cos 3 of their best midfielders are out. Those 3 are:
Coughlan - who has hardly played a game in 3 years
Kane Johnson - '2 time premeirship player' but is well past his best.
Cotchin - 2nd year player that has probably only played 10 games max.
He must be an idiot.

Coughlan will never be the same player, although probably was their no 1 midfielder when he went down

Johnson is gone.

Cotchin will be a gun, but we wouldn't use an injury to Ward to excuse a loss, which is similar.

Brown, Delideo, King, Tuck; some reasonable midfield names there aren't causing their sheisshaus disposal off the HB line to let other teams in.

Mofra
05-04-2009, 12:07 AM
They don't really have any KPP's other than Richo, who by the way was sensational.
How did Riewoldt go? I though he looked pretty good last week, can certainly find the ball.
I rate Morton too but he isn't a KPP anymore than Murphy is for us.

hujsh
05-04-2009, 01:08 AM
I disagree.

An honourable loss. The perfect result leading up to our game next week.

They were winning at the time i wrote it.

False hope is pretty funny though.

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 11:18 AM
I watched the whole game. Geelong just weren't fired up at all, very lack lustre. During the third quarter, when Richmond made head way, Geelong barely participated. They came out in the last quarter and did what they had to do get the four points. Strange game. Some of the decisions against Richmond were pretty harsh but to their credit they didn't let it bother them. They just weren't good enough to win, even against an extremely flat Geelong side.

bornadog
05-04-2009, 11:38 AM
How did Riewoldt go? I though he looked pretty good last week, can certainly find the ball.
I rate Morton too but he isn't a KPP anymore than Murphy is for us.

In and out of the game, did some nice things. Needs to be more consistent.

Dry Rot
06-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I watched the whole game. Geelong just weren't fired up at all, very lack lustre. During the third quarter, when Richmond made head way, Geelong barely participated. They came out in the last quarter and did what they had to do get the four points. Strange game. Some of the decisions against Richmond were pretty harsh but to their credit they didn't let it bother them. They just weren't good enough to win, even against an extremely flat Geelong side.

So everyone is pretty confident this week that we'll win easily, or do some like me remember they gave us a good run for our money last year?

The Coon Dog
06-04-2009, 09:45 PM
So everyone is pretty confident this week that we'll win easily, or do some like me remember they gave us a good run for our money last year?

DR, is it ok if we hold off on this until I post the preview (WED) of the Richmond game? I've completed it, but seeing as we play Monday, might need something to talk about mid week.

hujsh
19-04-2009, 05:19 PM
64 Richmond
90 Melbourne
4th quarter

Carn the Dees.

LostDoggy
19-04-2009, 05:39 PM
5 minutes to go dees by 19, bye Terry...

ledge
19-04-2009, 09:09 PM
So what day this week does Wallace pack his bags?

AndrewP6
19-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Amidst all the doom and gloom... the Tigers get done!!! There is some good news today! My tip is Plough to fall on his sword... but not before fixing his hair.

ledge
19-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Amidst all the doom and gloom... the Tigers get done!!! There is some good news today! My tip is Plough to fall on his sword... but not before fixing his hair.

And the Solarium?

LostDoggy
19-04-2009, 09:29 PM
And the Solarium?

Dammit, you beat me to it with that line!

BulldogBelle
19-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah, Wallet the snake oil salesman to loose a bit of hair between tonight and Tuesday

But who to replace him...Campbell/Chocco?

Dogs 24/7
19-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah, Wallet the snake oil salesman to loose a bit of hair between tonight and Tuesday

He doesn't deserve to be changed so early in the season but wouldn't one of the concerns for us be that someone like Leon Cameron might be asked to interview for the job?

ledge
19-04-2009, 10:59 PM
He doesn't deserve to be changed so early in the season but wouldn't one of the concerns for us be that someone like Leon Cameron might be asked to interview for the job?

We are safe they wont consider him because he has a football brain for a start.

AndrewP6
19-04-2009, 11:03 PM
And the Solarium?

He may well retire to the Solarium.... a forlorn figure, left to shrivel up into something resembling a prune...his last words being "This was the list I inherited"....

AndrewP6
19-04-2009, 11:05 PM

I'd like it to be Choco, but he's been overlooked for so long... Campbell I think will get it...

LostDoggy
19-04-2009, 11:28 PM
So what day this week does Wallace pack his bags?

Monday.

Scraggers
21-04-2009, 01:58 AM
A good read ... :)

Game's up as wily fox backs into a corner (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25362204-19742,00.html)

Trevor Grant | April 21, 2009 12:00am

THE fox in Terry Wallace has always kept him well ahead of the chasing pack. From the moment he was told he was too slow to play in the centre at Hawthorn in the 1980s, he got crafty and took charge of his destiny.

After an unhappy 11-game stopover at Richmond, he resurrected his playing career at the Bulldogs, winning the best-and-fairest twice.

Then, after retiring in 1991 and becoming an assistant coach at the Bulldogs, he positioned himself perfectly to take over the senior role from Alan Joyce in 1996.

If you believed Joyce at the time, Wallace did more than position himself.

Indeed, you can bet that Joyce, so disillusioned with footy that he went off to run a corner store in Broome, will appreciate the irony of calls for Wallace's head after four games, given Wallace replaced him mid-season.

Wallace was able to dodge any mess and emerged with a reputation as a coaching revolutionary.

He promoted the club and himself brilliantly, breaking a century of tradition by allowing cameras into the inner sanctum and giving interviews 30 minutes before games.

His counterparts blanched, and occasionally sniggered, but he was clever enough to be successful while eschewing so many conventional theories.

Then one day he decided he'd had enough of the Bulldogs. It seems Sydney came calling via his back door in 2002, and he was happy to talk turkey.

He went so suddenly he barely had time to say goodbye, not that most of his aggrieved players were inclined to do so.

His reason, or excuse, depending on your view, was that he felt the Dogs could not give him the resources to make a go of it any more.

Word soon leaked he'd signed with Sydney but, eventually, was stood up - not without financial compensation, according to sources - when Paul Roos' popularity forced the Swans to break team rules and do a U-turn.

Again it was a messy business that might have stained Wallace's reputation, and left him out in the cold.

True to form, he not only emerged unchallenged and unscathed, but with a dream coaching appointment - a five-year contract and carte blanche to resurrect a struggling club with money and perceived potential.

All the way along he had done things on his terms, and Richmond was the perfect vehicle for someone as self-assured as Wallace.

The Tigers have been so battered for so long that they have lost touch with reality. Instead they fantasise about success. (The Ben Cousins signing is the latest example.)

It has made them gullible and weak. It follows they have no strength of purpose in important places such as the boardroom.

While they gave Wallace a free hand on a hope and a prayer, Hawthorn was smart enough to construct a template for the long term and get a coach who would fit in with it.

It's based on the principle that the club is forever, a coach for a few years.

Hawthorn kept control of its destiny. Richmond handed its club to a man who has a history of controlling his own destiny.

Finally, though, the game is up. Wallace is cornered and not even the fox within appears able to find a way out this time.

Before I Die
21-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)