PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Service Appreciation Game

GVGjr
27-03-2009, 08:00 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/GVGjr/ESAGLogo-2.jpg

Victorian State Emergency Services to be recognised

The AFL, together with the Western Bulldogs & North Melbourne Football Clubs will recognise members of the Victorian State Emergency Services at their Round Two match on Sunday April 5 at the MCG.

All volunteers involved in the recent Victorian Bushfire disaster will also be invited to the match.

Western Bulldogs President David Smorgon said the match is an opportunity for the football community to thank those that risked their own lives helping those in need.

“On behalf of the Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne Football Clubs, we would like to extend an invitation to emergency services personnel and their families to join us at the inaugural Emergency Services Appreciation game,” Mr Smorgon said.

All Emergency Services personnel will be able to collect up to four tickets by showing their identification at marquees that will be outside the MCG.

Victorian Minister for Police and Emergency Services, Bob Cameron, said he encouraged those who were involved in the Black Saturday fires to enjoy a day at the football with their family and friends.

“It’s another way we can show our appreciation to our men and women volunteers who have given so much of themselves.

'Football is a great way to relax and take time out and I thank the AFL for giving our volunteers this well earned opportunity" he said.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/GVGjr/ESAGIMG_2790-1.jpg

GVGjr
27-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I know we have even played our first game yet but what a tremendous acknowledgment by the AFL and the Bulldogs and Kangaroos for the terrific job the Emergency Services did.

Mantis
27-03-2009, 08:18 PM
I know we have even played our first game yet but what a tremendous acknowledgment by the AFL and the Bulldogs and Kangaroos for the terrific job the Emergency Services did.

And do.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Good cause but lets concentrate on footy

LostDoggy
28-03-2009, 09:35 AM
A fantastic occasion and an important game under the spotlight. This should be huge game for the club against a side that has had our measure for a while now.

The Coon Dog
28-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Here here!

WRFL start their junior's that day (silly really as they then have the following week off for Easter) so TCP will be playing at 12.30pm, makes it tough to get to the G after that. Just have to get used to missing the first term.

BulldogBelle
28-03-2009, 09:06 PM
A fantastic occasion and an important game under the spotlight. This should be huge game for the club against a side that has had our measure for a while now.

Great to see our SES folk honoured by this Appreciation Game. On the game front, I so want to get over the North hoodoo - I should check to see whether they have any milestone games slated for next week. :eek:

LostDoggy
29-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Now for the big test against a side that has owned us for a few seasons.

The Coon Dog
29-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Be great if we could really get a decent crowd along, not only to support the Doggies, but to show support for ordinary folk who are prepared to give up their time & try to save lives & property in their local communities.

I guess it's easy to forget about the role these volunteers play until there is a crisis & they're called out.

Hopefully we can turn it on for them next week.

BulldogBelle
29-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Now for the big test against a side that has owned us for a few seasons.

Yes, well at least our boys will go in with full confidence after giving Freo the heave-ho this round. Will be good to get North's measure this week. :)

Dry Rot
30-03-2009, 09:15 AM
A nice gesture by both clubs.

I wonder if the thieves at the Dome would have permitted this?

bornadog
30-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Great to honour those volunteers who gave up their time and risked their lives for others.

What sort of crowd do you think we will get?

Raw Toast
30-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Great gesture, and impressive of the club to have organised this, along with the preseason bushfire charity game v the dogs. Hopefully we smash the roos to round the day out.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Great to honour those volunteers who gave up their time and risked their lives for others.

What sort of crowd do you think we will get?

Would be great to get at least 50,000 there, but 40,000 is probably a more realistic figure.

GVGjr
30-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Would be great to get at least 50,000 there, but 40,000 is probably a more realistic figure.

I hope the 40,000 figure is on the low side by a fair bit, just about every Victorian member should be there and a lot of people wait until the first home game to buy their memberships.

Given the exciting win and the honour of being a part of the Emergency Service Appreciation Game I think we should draw a good sized crowd.

bornadog
31-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Apparently 30,000 free tickets to the emergency workers is being given out. i wonder how many will take it up as a lot of those guys are from country areas.

lemmon
31-03-2009, 04:13 PM
What about perhaps turning this into a annual fixture, fairly good revenue raiser and promotes a good cause.

Go_Dogs
31-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Nice gesture for sure. Enjoy attending your first official game of the season, those able to attend.

comrade
31-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Nice gesture for sure. Enjoy attending your first official game of the season, those able to attend.

I'm excited.

GVGjr
31-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Apparently 30,000 free tickets to the emergency workers is being given out. i wonder how many will take it up as a lot of those guys are from country areas.

This could be a very big day. I have a car pass for the game but I might take the train instead.

Mantis
31-03-2009, 09:11 PM

I wont be there either G#16..... And I was even offered a spot in a corporate box.:(

aker39
01-04-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm also missing the game, not to happy about it.

bornadog
01-04-2009, 11:06 AM
This could be a very big day. I have a car pass for the game but I might take the train instead.

Can't wait to see my first official game of 2009

LostDoggy
01-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm going too, i'm so excited!!

hujsh
01-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Here here!

WRFL start their junior's that day (silly really as they then have the following week off for Easter) so TCP will be playing at 12.30pm, makes it tough to get to the G after that. Just have to get used to missing the first term.

That's what we had to deal with last year. The fact the Dogs play on Sunday so often begins to hurt.