PDA

View Full Version : In's and Out's: Rd 2: North Melbourne

bulldogtragic
30-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Greet team performance this week.

Not sure who will be sore and heavy in the legs, but perhaps we should bring in a running player, perhaps Harbrow, maybe Aker or similar should be rested.

Tim Callan could be a good inclusion, but is very difficult to leave anyone out.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 10:13 AM
There are question marks on Callan's fitness.
I know Eade wanted to make changes after the Perth trips but its only round 2.
Maybe its a good thing having the Perth trip early in the season as we aren't as fatigued?

Mantis
30-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Match-up's will be crucial for this week. Eade when interviewed before the Freo game explained that it was thought Freo would play 4 tall forwards for parts of the game thus we played an extra tall defender or two.

North will rotate Smith, Hale, Petrie & McIntosh through the forwardline so we need to have the players to pick them up.

We also need a small agile defender on Campbell, if fit Callan fits that requirement.

The recovery for the older players will be interesting, but I think game time was well managed so it shouldn't really be an issue.

In: Callan
Out: Tiller or Everitt (either would be stiff)

aker39
30-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Is Murphy a chance to play this week.

The fact that he flew to Perth means he must have been close to playing.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 10:53 AM
There are question marks on Callan's fitness.
I know Eade wanted to make changes after the Perth trips but its only round 2.
Maybe its a good thing having the Perth trip early in the season as we aren't as fatigued?

Good point actually, ES. We've been listening to Rocket's line about a tough first 5 weeks, but it's probably best getting it out of the way early (less fatigue like you say) and with our run home pretty much all at the Docklands, there's the opportunity to really build some serious momentum coming into finals.

Ozza
30-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Anyone missing out would be stiff. But I agree we probably need Callan in to play on Campbell. And Murph will play.

In: Callan, Murphy
Out: Maybe Tiller, Eagleton.

I will say in defence of Tiller (who I generally haven't rated whatsoever in the past) he was ok yesterday and did his job. A few blunders and did get a few goals kicked on him (2 in a minute by Johnson) but overall he certainly showed improvement - and had a good first half.

Eagleton wasn't bad - but I think he is the obvious one to go for Murphy. Geez we laughed at our place after we'd predicted he would tune in and kick some late goals when the game was over - and there he was bobbing up for 2 late goals. It was such an enjoyable game to sit back - eat some pizzas, plenty of beers and watch it rain goals.

bulldogtragic
30-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Murhpy is no chance.

always right
30-03-2009, 11:15 AM
No changes this week. Callan perhaps a chance to replace Everitt in order to match up against North's small forwards (Thomas and Campbell) but may not be necessary. Expect Shaggy to take Campbell and perhaps Addison on Thomas.

Sockeye Salmon
30-03-2009, 11:46 AM
No changes this week. Callan perhaps a chance to replace Everitt in order to match up against North's small forwards (Thomas and Campbell) but may not be necessary. Expect Shaggy to take Campbell and perhaps Addison on Thomas.

Addison won't play on Thomas.

If fit, Callan is a certainty.

bornadog
30-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Addison won't play on Thomas.

If fit, Callan is a certainty.

I thought Callan had an injury in the practise match, maybe not a serious one.

As Mantis says, it will depend on the match ups and how players pulled up after the trip. If all pulled up ok, I don't believe we should make any changes. Murphy is a few weeks off at this stage.

Sedat
30-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Very concerned with Thomas and Campbell this week if Callan doesn't come up - Morris and Hargy could take both but Morris will be required on one of the taller forwards. And Harvey had a quiet one yesterday so is due to tear us a customary new one.

North have made some subtle but interesting changes to their set-up between seasons. Looks like Macintosh is pressing forward more, they have brought in some hard bodies like Firrito into the midfield, relying on the likes of Scott Thompson and Hansen to hold their own down back - they have also adopted copious amounts from the Hawthorn zone playbook if yesterday's game was any indication.

Will be a fascinating tactical contest this week.

azabob
30-03-2009, 01:04 PM
North are too tall for us to drop either Tiller or Everitt. I think maybe Ward will be the unlucky one to go if Tim Callen is fit.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Very concerned with Thomas and Campbell this week if Callan doesn't come up - Morris and Hargy could take both but Morris will be required on one of the taller forwards. And Harvey had a quiet one yesterday so is due to tear us a customary new one.

North have made some subtle but interesting changes to their set-up between seasons. Looks like Macintosh is pressing forward more, they have brought in some hard bodies like Firrito into the midfield, relying on the likes of Scott Thompson and Hansen to hold their own down back - they have also adopted copious amounts from the Hawthorn zone playbook if yesterday's game was any indication.

Will be a fascinating tactical contest this week.

DFA to sit on Harvey's face.

BulldogBelle
30-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Out: Ward, Everitt

Against some of North's small forwards we will need Tim Callan back, with Shaggy to take another one ie Campbell....Ward didnt do anything wrong, just unluckly

If Murhpy is fit (he did fly over to Perth so I'm assuming the club gave him a chance) then I think he should be placed back into the line up at the expense of Everitt (with Tiller staying by the skin of his teeth)

bornadog
30-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Out: Ward, Everitt

Against some of North's small forwards we will need Tim Callan back, with Shaggy to take another one ie Campbell....Ward didnt do anything wrong, just unluckly

If Murhpy is fit (he did fly over to Perth so I'm assuming the club gave him a chance) then I think he should be placed back into the line up at the expense of Everitt (with Tiller staying by the skin of his teeth)

Unknown about Murphy as in todays paper, Eade has said he will be rested for another three weeks.

mighty_west
30-03-2009, 02:24 PM
If fit, Timmy Callan to come in for Everitt, Ward shouldn't be dropped, his second half was very good, hope he keeps up that momentum, Murph simply is not ready.

Thats the only change i would make.