PDA

View Full Version : News regarding Bulldogs major sponsor: Mission Foods

bulldogtragic
30-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Last night looking for a quick food idea, with minimal effort (it was my night to cook) I purchased a Mission Burrito pack, including tortia, spices and chunky salsa.

I also liked the symetry with the dogs playing. But mainly, that it was quick and easy.

Got to say the flavours and spices were far better than the current mexican food dominating brand who package their products in a yellow box. I was always going to buy them as a gesture in support for their support to the club, but their food and spices is bloody good.

$6 gets you 10 tortias, a massive amount of spices (probably double of the competition) and a heap of salsa. Add some chicken, lettuce and hallipienos and sour cream and you're there. And a carona.

If you haven't tried their product I recommend giving it a go, they are priced well and the food is so much better than we have currently had to choose from. It's a win-win as essentially a percentage of every sale goes back to the club while you eat some decent food.

If anyone has tried their other offerings, please post.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Name dropper

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Haha.. "News"?

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 02:36 PM
I bought some of their flat/pita breads the other week and was suitably impressed.

Raw Toast
30-03-2009, 04:01 PM
We enjoyed their tacos the other night :)

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 06:49 PM
I've having them tonight, Multigrain Tortillas with a our own fajita recipe.

hujsh
30-03-2009, 06:53 PM
The burritos wouldn't separate when we bought them but they were nice.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 07:04 PM
The burritos wouldn't separate when we bought them but they were nice.

Put them on a hot pan or sandwich press. Not sure if the microwave works as well.
We had the same issue as there were no proper instructions on full fajita kits but there are on the tortilla packs.

Mofra
30-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Stupid Newmarket Safeway doesn't have the packs, but they are now stocking teh flatbreads.

Mission seem to be much higher quality than their competitors so I will definately stick with them. Best Mexican flatbreads on the market, I haven't had any sticking problems at all and there's a slight amount of ballooning in parts when flash-heated on a super hot frypan/wok which is always good.

Go_Dogs
30-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I've been searching, and having a mate who reps at supermarkets looking for the products. I emailed Mission last week, and received information regarding which stores had a full range of products. Have yet to try them out, but it's on the radar for the next week or two.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 08:29 PM
The flatbreads are available in the fresh bread section.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I know that my old work (a mexican restaraunt) now uses Mission products.
I haven't tried any as of yet, but definately on the to do list.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Had the burritos tonight for celebration with lots of avacado, very good indeed, very different flavour to the other brand, probably more authentic. Yum!

Cyberdoggie
31-03-2009, 09:42 AM
I've also seen some mission lebanese bread around and I believe there may even be corn chips?

I regularly scoff down the tortillias. They are pretty good.

I think Mission foods would be the first Western Bulldogs major sponsor that i have consumed or purchased.

Can't remember buying any East West Jeans, didn't get any ICI insurance, Orica Energy, no Vodafone's, and I didn't get a car with LeasePlan.

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 09:55 AM
I've also seen some mission lebanese bread around and I believe there may even be corn chips?

I think Mission foods would be the first Western Bulldogs major sponsor that i have consumed or purchased.

Can't remember buying any East West Jeans, didn't get any ICI insurance, Orica Energy, no Vodafone's, and I didn't get a car with LeasePlan.

ICI were a chemical company.
I saw you in acid wash strech Faberge from Eastcoast jeans.

Sockeye Salmon
31-03-2009, 10:14 AM

I painted an entire house using Dulux paints.

strebla
31-03-2009, 10:14 AM
ICI were a chemical company.
I saw you in acid wash strech Faberge from Eastcoast jeans.

I used to wear the Eastcoast zipper jeans and I got a Vodaphone mobile (and disconnected it when they left). My local coles has just started stocking mission products so will pick some up this week.

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 12:26 PM
I went to a Peter Jackson to get a suit when it was advertised that there was a 15% off for WB members, and the old guy/manager at the store was uber-dodgy.. kept trying to upsell rubbish, there were no pricetags on their merchandise so he was just throwing me quotes from his @r$e, and then wouldn't honour the 15%discount, claiming it was 15 DOLLARS off even though I showed him the ad, which is quite different when you're potentially paying thousands for a suit. Walked out of the store without getting anything.. put me off the brand entirely.

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 04:09 PM
I just ate my first mission product- a chicken tortilla, mmm yum!

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 08:35 PM
I just ate my first mission product- a chicken tortilla, mmm yum!

Did it give you wind?:o

Remi Moses
31-03-2009, 09:29 PM
We had a Pyrox heater as a kid,27 years later still going. Had the Eastcoast sweat top [in bulldog colors] Purchased Mission Burritto's a few times. Family suitably impressed much thicker than old el paso.

The Pie Man
31-03-2009, 11:18 PM
I've having them tonight, Multigrain Tortillas with a our own fajita recipe.

I scored the multigrain gear a few weeks ago myself, not bad.

Have seen Mission boxes behind the counter @ Salsas Mexican Grill in Northlands while wating for my meal recently

The Pie Man
31-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I went to a Peter Jackson to get a suit when it was advertised that there was a 15% off for WB members, and the old guy/manager at the store was uber-dodgy.. kept trying to upsell rubbish, there were no pricetags on their merchandise so he was just throwing me quotes from his @r$e, and then wouldn't honour the 15%discount, claiming it was 15 DOLLARS off even though I showed him the ad, which is quite different when you're potentially paying thousands for a suit. Walked out of the store without getting anything.. put me off the brand entirely.

I feel compelled to share my bad news story from Peter Jackson as well - this was about 6 years ago and I'm still adamant I'm never buying a thing from them.

Was looking for a new suit at the time, and saw a rack that said 'From $300' which I started browsing through...store guy comes to me asking 'so is $300 your price range?' 'Oh if I found a nice suit my size for the price yeah sure' I reply

Still can't believe what came out of his mouth next....'Well maybe you should go accross the road to Casual Guy if that's what you're looking to spend'

Never, never ever again will I walk into Peter Jackson store - I hope these two negative word of mouth stories (now communicated to a much wider audience than before which makes me laugh) can sway as many people away as possible

LostDoggy
01-04-2009, 02:57 PM
We had a Pyrox heater as a kid,27 years later still going. Had the Eastcoast sweat top [in bulldog colors] Purchased Mission Burritto's a few times. Family suitably impressed much thicker than old el paso.

I concur.....the mutligrain tortillas are great. Seeing as my Mrs is a bit of a health nut, its sometimes difficult to get that sort of stuff

We make fajitas, burritos etc, the mission products are very good...!!

Rocket Science
01-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I feel compelled to share my bad news story from Peter Jackson as well - this was about 6 years ago and I'm still adamant I'm never buying a thing from them.

Was looking for a new suit at the time, and saw a rack that said 'From $300' which I started browsing through...store guy comes to me asking 'so is $300 your price range?' 'Oh if I found a nice suit my size for the price yeah sure' I reply

Still can't believe what came out of his mouth next....'Well maybe you should go accross the road to Casual Guy if that's what you're looking to spend'

Never, never ever again will I walk into Peter Jackson store - I hope these two negative word of mouth stories (now communicated to a much wider audience than before which makes me laugh) can sway as many people away as possible

Whilst hardly the pinnacle of customer service, assuming you didn't head over to Casual Guy to spite them the moron unwittingly did you a favour...Peter Jackson suits are the definition of crap. Look crap, feel crap, are crap.

There's a few things in life one shouldn't do on the cheap...suits are one of them, unless you're a student or a real estate agent.

LostDoggy
02-04-2009, 10:04 AM

I'm sorry but that has made my morning :D

bornadog
03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Saw a guy tonight at the supermarket checking out the burritos from that other brand, I almost went up to try and sell him MISSION, but stopped myself:D

soupman
04-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Speaking of sponsors products I served Matthew Boyd tonight at Coles and he bought at least 6 bottles of Powerade. Just thought I'd throw that useless bit of info in there:D

Bulldog4life
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Whilst hardly the pinnacle of customer service, assuming you didn't head over to Casual Guy to spite them the moron unwittingly did you a favour...Peter Jackson suits are the definition of crap. Look crap, feel crap, are crap.

There's a few things in life one shouldn't do on the cheap...suits are one of them, unless you're a student or a real estate agent.

:D I love it.

Bulldog4life
04-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Speaking of sponsors products I served Matthew Boyd tonight at Coles and he bought at least 6 bottles of Powerade. Just thought I'd throw that useless bit of info in there:D

What suburb? I think he lives in Mulgrave.

The Pie Man
04-04-2009, 02:48 PM

Agreed (and the agent call is pretty funny)

I've stayed local (in Reservoir) and ran with Stafford Ellinson wool blend suits, reasonably standard fare, gets the job done.

mighty_west
04-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Just bought the zesty garlic herb Mission wraps, good size and thick, so they dont rip apart when rolling.....

Cooked up some chicken breast which i cut up first, some lettuce, grated carrot, tomato, with BBQ sauce on the chicken......mmmmmmmmmm YUMMO!!

soupman
04-04-2009, 05:54 PM
What suburb? I think he lives in Mulgrave.

Yeah. Spot on.