PDA

View Full Version : Footy TV Shows

The Coon Dog
30-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Looking forward to watching On The Couch tonight. For me it's been compulsory viewing for a number of years. From memory James Hird is on this season as Robert Walls has gone to Channel 10.

I never really watch Footy Confidential on Channel 9 which is on at 10.40pm tonight. I do think Grant Thomas being on instead of Glenn Archer will improve things. Don't like Thomas' anti Bulldog bias but he has a different slant on the game that I don't mind too much.

Anyone know when the one is on Channel 10 or it's HD?

azabob
30-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Looking forward to watching On The Couch tonight. For me it's been compulsory viewing for a number of years. From memory James Hird is on this season as Robert Walls has gone to Channel 10.

I never really watch Footy Confidential on Channel 9 which is on at 10.40pm tonight. I do think Grant Thomas being on instead of Glenn Archer will improve things. Don't like Thomas' anti Bulldog bias but he has a different slant on the game that I don't mind too much.

Anyone know when the one is on Channel 10 or it's HD?

The Channel ten HD is on 7.30 Monday nights.

I like offsiders on channel two on sunday morning (also covers other sports).

Mofra
30-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Is there a better footy show than "Maaaaaa' a' aaarn-grook" ??

Less slick than most but no stupid agendas being pushed, no Sam Newman to ruin the show, and well before my bedtime.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow theres an abundance of footy shows now

But why have 3 on a Monday night?

Makes no sense...they are all seperate times so theres no ratings battle.

Would be good if they had em Monday-Thursday..at least then we'd have a show that immediately talks about Tribunal results etc..or even 2 Monday 1 Wednesday. I Miss Clinton Grybas on White Line Fever :|

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Always have enjoyed watching On The Couch, will be watching again tonight.

The Coon Dog
30-03-2009, 08:14 PM
The Channel ten HD is on 7.30 Monday nights.

Thank you.

strebla
31-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Thank you.

I only have Foxtel digital am i able to get ten hd on foxtel ??

aker39
31-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Not being a foxtel subscriber, I'm very happy that there is a football show on free to air TV at a reasonable time.

I watched One Week At A Time last night on one HD and thought it was very good for a first up effort.

Also watched Footy Classified and Grant Thomas was complimentary of the bulldogs.

The Coon Dog
31-03-2009, 11:12 AM
I watched One Week At A Time last night on one HD and thought it was very good for a first up effort.

I watched that too & was really impressed by Tom Harley. He's extremely articulate & obviously knows his stuff. I thought it ran better than On The Couch to be honest.

aker39
31-03-2009, 11:18 AM
I watched that too & was really impressed by Tom Harley. He's extremely articulate & obviously knows his stuff. I thought it ran better than On The Couch to be honest.

Don't know about On The Couch as I have never watched it, but I also was very impressed with Tom Harley.

Before I Die
31-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Not being a foxtel subscriber, I'm very happy that there is a football show on free to air TV at a reasonable time.

Also watched Footy Classified and Grant Thomas was complimentary of the bulldogs.

I watched One Week At a Time and was only out of the room for about 1 minute during the whole show. However, I didn't hear any discussion of the Dogs or our game on the weekend. Did they discuss it at all?

The Coon Dog
31-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I watched One Week At a Time and was only out of the room for about 1 minute during the whole show. However, I didn't hear any discussion of the Dogs or our game on the weekend. Did they discuss it at all?

No, they didn't, that was about the only down side last night.

craigsahibee
31-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Always have enjoyed watching On The Couch, will be watching again tonight.

I can't stand Gerard Healy so until he is removed from the couch I will not be on it.

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 11:00 PM
What time, channel and day is One Week at a Time on?

Mantis
31-03-2009, 11:03 PM
What time, channel and day is One Week at a Time on?

Monday night at 7.30pm, One (Ch 10's HD sports station)

Not sure if it's repeated at other times.

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Monday night at 7.30pm, One (Ch 10's HD sports station)

Not sure if it's repeated at other times.

Thanks - we probably don't get it being country TV..:(

bornadog
01-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Best Footy show has got to be Before the Game on Channel 10, Saturday at 6.30pm, great humour and very enjoyable.

Rocket Science
01-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks - we probably don't get it being country TV..:(

Right you are...regional Victoria has to wait until June-ish to access the new channel according to CH10.

I can already picture the missus' response: "What?, ANOTHER show about football?"