PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a happy camper today

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Hurt my ankle last Wednesday & have been resting since, have to keep my leg elevated. Was hoping it might be a little bit better & i could of gone to the game, but not the case.

Absolutely shattered i won't be able to go today, and we will probably put on a clinic.

GVGjr
05-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Hurt my ankle last Wednesday & have been resting since, have to keep my leg elevated. Was hoping it might be a little bit better & i could of gone to the game, but not the case.

Absolutely shattered i won't be able to go today, and we will probably put on a clinic.

All the best and a win today will be a great tonic for you. :)

mjp
05-04-2009, 11:12 AM

You need to read Fever Pitch. There is a description of a similar incident and how it was handled...

Crutches + piggy backs + lots of pain killers will see you through.

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 12:59 PM
You need to read Fever Pitch. There is a description of a similar incident and how it was handled...

I have thought of that myself :D

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Rushed to hospital 3am Saturday morning..got some gastoritis problem..spent all day in bed when I got home yesterday morning but I don't wanna miss this big clash..just got to gate 1 and rain drops falling on my phone

Gunna be a long day hopefully we come out with the 4 pts!

(hope they do it for ya jh)

ledge
05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Rushed to hospital 3am Saturday morning..got some gastoritis problem..spent all day in bed when I got home yesterday morning but I don't wanna miss this big clash..just got to gate 1 and rain drops falling on my phone

Gunna be a long day hopefully we come out with the 4 pts!

(hope they do it for ya jh)

Its going around, i was all set to go but cant get 5 mtrs away from a toilet at the minute so im going to miss it, damn bug!

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 06:33 PM
I am now a happy camper, go dogs :D

Bulldog Revolution
05-04-2009, 07:04 PM

I actually read it the week before the preliminary final last year - an absolute classic that captured the obsession many of us feel following the dogs

mjp
05-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah - Hornby is a very good writer. Pity about the Red Sox makeover (and the casting) when Hollywood got hold of it.

Throughandthrough
05-04-2009, 08:15 PM
game wasn't even on bloody tv in Adelaide!

Foxtel game : Port v Weagles

Channel 7 game: Port v Weagles

Hi-lighs on later tonight on Fox.

Shambles.

mjp
05-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Same thing in Perth T&T...have to wait until 8pm for it to be on.

The Dogs/North game was the channel 7 game today, however because of the ridiculous rule that allows channel 7 to show the local sides regardless of their allocated game....This happens 4 or 5 times each year and it is perpetually disappointing.

ledge
05-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Had it in Melb with a 1 hr delay, bloody ads drive ya nuts,

strebla
05-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Glad I am not the only one that missed out today can't wait untill monday week

Bumper Bulldogs
05-04-2009, 10:27 PM
I to missed the game after driving in. My wife was working so I packed up the kids and in we go, Toorak Rd and the daughter is sick, turn around get to Springvale Rd, Yes again.

Well after getting her home and into bed the footy starts, Yes true to form Off we go again. couldn't care less as the boys had been fantastic all day.

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Was keeping my own problems to myself, but now, but can't help but boast how lucky I am with the Bulldog matches on TV.

Had a sudden deteriation in health over last few weeks which meant I couldn't have seen the Freo game live if it was played Melb - lucky I have Foxtel - got to see a fantastic game.

Unfortunately yesterday, tests revealed I need operation - I'll deal with that - that's not the point of this thread.

The good news was that I received a few units of blood (had been eyeing of necks of family & friends), regained sufficient strength that with due care and planning, got to see today's hard fought win.

Better still, with Easter next weekend, I can't be operated on until just after Easter; I should get to go next Monday's match. And with the WCE match in on TV the following weekend, one way or another, I'll get to see our 4th win while recovering, and hopefully our 5th match live.

With better planning by the doctors, I might have missed some of these games.

In short, with the help of TV, I to, am a very happy camper.

LostDoggy
05-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Heal quickley guys, you will need to be healthy come September (I hope):)

Scraggers
06-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Time for my sob story (with due regard for those actually not well or looking after those that aren't well)

This weekend was the finals for bowls ... Our team finished second on the ladder by 1 point ... just missing instant promotion and a shot at the pennant, instead, we hosted the finals and played off for the other promotional spot ...

To cut a long story short, we played bowls from 9am yesterday morning until 5:30pm (Perth time) today ... we won all our games and earned promotion to the next division ... I'm crissed as a picket as I type this (thank goodness for spell check), I haven't seen the Dogs game (great result), and I"m gunna have one hell of a hangover tomorrow ... bring on the panadol ;)

Scraggers
06-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Time for my sob story (with due regard for those actually not well or looking after those that aren't well)

This weekend was the finals for bowls ... Our team finished second on the ladder by 1 point ... just missing instant promotion and a shot at the pennant, instead, we hosted the finals and played off for the other promotional spot ...

To cut a long story short, we played bowls from 9am yesterday morning until 5:30pm (Perth time) today ... we won all our games and earned promotion to the next division ... I'm crissed as a picket as I type this (thank goodness for spell check), I haven't seen the Dogs game (great result), and I"m gunna have one hell of a hangover tomorrow ... bring on the panadol ;)

One should not be allowed to use the computer when one is under the weather ... sorry all :o

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I didn't get to go either, my politics class went on a trip to Canberra on Wednesday and only got back yesterday at 6pmish. I managed (with great skill) to not hear any of the scores from people that I saw and didn't leave the study until the news was over. So at about 7 I sat and watched it and was a bit sad to have missed it, but very glad that we finally got a win over them.
I hope everyone who's unwell get's better.

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 12:59 PM

Well done on the promotion.

I went to support our second side in the grand final yesterday because, as per T&T, there was no coverage of the Dogs game on free to air or fox. Had to follow the scores via Pocket News on mobile

Second side got up on the last bowl of the day with a wick - it doesn't get any better than that. :D

Scraggers
06-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Well done on the promotion.

I went to support our second side in the grand final yesterday because, as per T&T, there was no coverage of the Dogs game on free to air or fox. Had to follow the scores via Pocket News on mobile

Second side got up on the last bowl of the day with a wick - it doesn't get any better than that. :D

Wicks don't count in a final do they ??;)

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Wicks don't count in a final do they ??;)

Too right they do, especially when you are four down before it comes in as shot.

If the skipper hadn't weighed in at 100+ kg they would have carried him off