PDA

View Full Version : Where was Mission yesterday?

LostDoggy
06-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Anyone notice after every goal the 'Leaseplan' ad came up instead of the Mission one.
Someone needs their backside kicked.

aker39
06-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Anyone notice after every goal the 'Leaseplan' ad came up instead of the Mission one.
Someone needs their backside kicked.

Not at all Ernie.

The MCC sell the advertising on the scoreboard.

Lease Plan advertise there for all games. Just a coincidence.

bulldogtragic
06-04-2009, 10:16 AM
That said, it wouldn't hurt having 'free' Mission BBQs/vendors give out hot samples of the great tasting mission food around the outside of the ground with massive signs that say a part of every sale goes back to the dogs (in fine print through the sponsorship arrangement).

Could increase sales, and if our club can show massive sales from its members/supporters we may be able to extend the relationship.

craigsahibee
06-04-2009, 11:15 AM
That said, it wouldn't hurt having 'free' Mission BBQs/vendors give out hot samples of the great tasting mission food around the outside of the ground with massive signs that say a part of every sale goes back to the dogs (in fine print through the sponsorship arrangement).

Could increase sales, and if our club can show massive sales from its members/supporters we may be able to extend the relationship.

Try getting that past Spotless and Darth Collins at Etihad.

Cyberdoggie
06-04-2009, 11:31 AM

HeHe, true,

They really need some decent food though.

How much better would it be if you could get your hands on a nice tortilla, or some nachos.

I'm so over a pie, chips, chicken strips, hot dog and burger.

This year I am attempting to discover the joys of bringing your own food into the ground. Mostly to save on cash but also for the other reasons.

I still haven't worked out the best way to take in hot food but i've got the cold food covered. Yesterday i had sushi, beer mix nuts, lollies and drink from cheap sweet shop, fruit from local street grocer, sandwiches (home made with ingredients from local russian deli) and other nibblies. We also obtained some free samplers from the ice tea people out the front of the mcg.

craigsahibee
06-04-2009, 12:12 PM
I still haven't worked out the best way to take in hot food but i've got the cold food covered. Yesterday i had sushi, beer mix nuts, lollies and drink from cheap sweet shop, fruit from local street grocer, sandwiches (home made with ingredients from local russian deli) and other nibblies. We also obtained some free samplers from the ice tea people out the front of the mcg.[/

Was that for the whole battalion or just your platoon. ;)

Now where was that thread regarding quoting other people's posts

G-Mo77
06-04-2009, 12:13 PM

Tell me about it. My wife and I went outside at halftime and picked up what was called a Chicken Souvalaki. It was one of the most disgusting things I have eaten in my life. I felt like refunding at the nearest toilet.

I usually bring my own food, a couple of rolls, a small snack and a bottle of water. Unfortunatly I was pretty sick yesterday slept in and didn't get around to preparing it. :mad:

Sgt Slaughter
06-04-2009, 01:34 PM
HeHe, true,

How much better would it be if you could get your hands on a nice tortilla, or some nachos.

This year I am attempting to discover the joys of bringing your own food into the ground. Mostly to save on cash but also for the other reasons.

I still haven't worked out the best way to take in hot food but i've got the cold food covered. Yesterday i had sushi, beer mix nuts, lollies and drink from cheap sweet shop, fruit from local street grocer, sandwiches (home made with ingredients from local russian deli) and other nibblies. We also obtained some free samplers from the ice tea people out the front of the mcg.

Indeed... I made a vow yesterday, with my dad as witness, that I would never be buying food or drink at the MCG ever again. EVER.

I spent nearly $80 bucks on weak-as-piss beer at the cricket earlier this year, ended up with a slight headache and probably would have been under .05, but it was yesterday that tipped me over the edge.

I was seated in the Northern Stand, next to the MCC and had decided earlier in the day I'd go get a pie at half time. I realise this isn't the best time to get food, but I left a little before the siren went. What I hadn't counted on was the majority of food outlets being closed and there already being a healthy queue at the closest food stall which was actually open (located halfway to the Southern Stand). So I waited most of the halftime break in the queue and when I finally get to the front, no pies... and no pies for at least 15 minutes.

Well, I cracked the shits, but wasn't going to leave empty handed so grabbed a couple of buckets of chips at nearly 5 bucks a pop, which led me to wonder what sort of margin Spotless are making on this food, I came to the conclusion that it's probably around 500% (slight exaggeration) (I also got charged 50 cents each for those little sauce packets!!!) and then stormed back to my seat.

Now I'm not a tightarse by any stretch of the imagination, but those prices are a little rich and I can only imagine that the profits from this food is going into some already wealthy company/person's pockets. I have to say that doesn't sit well with me. If they can prove that the money we are spending is getting pumped back into the games' development along with worthy charities, and then make this transparent for all to see, I will happily spend a small fortune on a hot dog/pie/chips. Until that time though, they're getting nothing from me.

Cheers
Sarge

AndrewP6
06-04-2009, 02:23 PM
HeHe, true,

Only started regularly attending games in 2007, after many years of supporting from a distance... always loved the "hot pie" at the footy as a kid...or a "hot dog".... yet nowadays you struggle for one of those... "half-warm pie" just doesn't have the same ring to it... I have sampled chips, chicken strips, and the same goes... and the absurd prices for below-par products is something the caterers, the MCC, Etihad Stadium and the AFL ought to be ashamed of... The only decent feed at Telstra Dome (I hate the other name!) is in the Victory Room (i'm a social club member) but not everyone can have access to this...

yesterday I took my own - a ham/cheese roll, fruit, and coffee in a thermos... and I bet it cost a whole lot less than the rubbish they serve up... so that's my recommendation... vote by not buying that cold, overpriced crap...

Sockeye Salmon
06-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Indeed... I made a vow yesterday, with my dad as witness, that I would never be buying food or drink at the MCG ever again. EVER.

I spent nearly $80 bucks on weak-as-piss beer at the cricket earlier this year, ended up with a slight headache and probably would have been under .05, but it was yesterday that tipped me over the edge.

I was seated in the Northern Stand, next to the MCC and had decided earlier in the day I'd go get a pie at half time. I realise this isn't the best time to get food, but I left a little before the siren went. What I hadn't counted on was the majority of food outlets being closed and there already being a healthy queue at the closest food stall which was actually open (located halfway to the Southern Stand). So I waited most of the halftime break in the queue and when I finally get to the front, no pies... and no pies for at least 15 minutes.

Well, I cracked the shits, but wasn't going to leave empty handed so grabbed a couple of buckets of chips at nearly 5 bucks a pop, which led me to wonder what sort of margin Spotless are making on this food, I came to the conclusion that it's probably around 500% (slight exaggeration) (I also got charged 50 cents each for those little sauce packets!!!) and then stormed back to my seat.

Now I'm not a tightarse by any stretch of the imagination, but those prices are a little rich and I can only imagine that the profits from this food is going into some already wealthy company/person's pockets. I have to say that doesn't sit well with me. If they can prove that the money we are spending is getting pumped back into the games' development along with worthy charities, and then make this transparent for all to see, I will happily spend a small fortune on a hot dog/pie/chips. Until that time though, they're getting nothing from me.

Cheers
Sarge

No, not an exaggeration at all.

I would be surprised if they were at anything less than about 80% GP.

mighty_west
06-04-2009, 02:35 PM

Cheers
Sarge

I just don't understand how more people either don't eat up big beforehand or just take their own in, thats what i usually do, had two rolls before leaving home, and one in the car after the game, it's not being tight, it's being smart, i might buy a water or something, but thats it.

bulldogtragic
06-04-2009, 02:37 PM
The MCG do well.

Screw the AFL clubs and then screw the fans that pay to come in. And all they can do in return is install drink driving hot spots in the urinals.

How about some bloody decent facilities and services communsurate to the cost. Or carparking attendnants who do their job (out of 15,000 cars i somehow got sent to far north/east corner and because there were no police on poijt on the way out it took me 63 minutes to get out.

I hate the MCG and dockalnds is't much better - cold food as a guarantee and they have been ripping off the Melbourne based clubs. It's time to start seriously thinking about another alternative, which is interesting considering they killed all the local grounds which is what made the game great in the first place.

So much for growth for the sake of growth and only have two Melbourne venues. The AFL created a duopoly from power broking origins and wonder why they are getting screwed. Build one of the original grounds back to 30,000 capacity which is near public transport and lets get on with it.

strebla
06-04-2009, 02:52 PM
HeHe, true,

my wife takes hot dogs in a thermos puts them into the water halfway through the second quarter and all 4 of us are fed for 10 bucks .I am not a tightarse either but I refuse to be robbed with my permission

mighty_west
06-04-2009, 03:26 PM
my wife takes hot dogs in a thermos puts them into the water halfway through the second quarter and all 4 of us are fed for 10 bucks .I am not a tightarse either but I refuse to be robbed with my permission

You watch, next they'll ban thermos because they may be seen as a dangerous object!

:rolleyes:

firstdogonthemoon
06-04-2009, 03:42 PM
HeHe, true,

You mean your charming girlfriend had all that stuff and you just ate it.

always right
06-04-2009, 03:56 PM

Now that's a first...sitting contently in my seat and next thing you know, some bird starts pulling hot dogs out of the thermos. Just doesn't seem right.

Cyberdoggie
06-04-2009, 04:50 PM
You mean your charming girlfriend had all that stuff and you just ate it.

.......Possibly.

Actually it was my idea to get the beer nuts and lollies.

I believe next monday she may be cooking up a feast as she will be a carnivore again.
If i can work out a way to keep hot food "hot" into the ground, then she might cook up a Curry or a Lamprie. :)

Cyberdoggie
06-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Now that's a first...sitting contently in my seat and next thing you know, some bird starts pulling hot dogs out of the thermos. Just doesn't seem right.

I'm sure i sat behind you at a game last year.
It might of been the Hawthorn final, behind the goals punt rd end ground level?

I remember looking on with jealousy as the dogs were removed from the thermos into a nice crusty roll.

ledge
06-04-2009, 04:58 PM

Thats very common , i started seeing it about 6 years ago.

craigsahibee
06-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Thats very common , i started seeing it about 6 years ago.

I first saw it at the Geelong Rd end of Whitten Oval early to mid 90's and thought what a brilliant idea. Certainly looked more appetising than the "Super Dog's" that used to be available. You know the ones that had 4.5 inches of franfurt overhanging each end of the bun. They weren't really that Super.

mighty_west
06-04-2009, 05:25 PM

I have also seen it happening for years.

hujsh
06-04-2009, 07:28 PM
(I also got charged 50 cents each for those little sauce packets!!!) and then stormed back to my seat.

Is that new? If not then i stole about $2.50 from the MCG at last years prelim.

AndrewP6
06-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Is that new? If not then i stole about $2.50 from the MCG at last years prelim.

:):):):) Hilarious.... good form!

The Underdog
06-04-2009, 11:04 PM

It's actually Delaware North at ES and Spotless at the G. Not being anal, just want everyone to hate the right companies. They're all thieves. Epicure are rubbish too if you want to spread some catering hate around.
I bought 2 bourbon's at the G yesterday = $18

AndrewP6
07-04-2009, 12:12 AM
It's actually Delaware North at ES and Spotless at the G. Not being anal, just want everyone to hate the right companies. They're all thieves. Epicure are rubbish too if you want to spread some catering hate around.
I bought 2 bourbon's at the G yesterday = $18

Good to know... any idea of catering at Rod Laver Arena? Went there last month for Eric Clapton gig....incredible, by the way!.... paid $9 for a scotch and coke. In a glass they claimed...actually poured from a can, into a cup... should've got sloshed at home beforehand!

aker39
07-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Good to know... any idea of catering at Rod Laver Arena?

Delaware North

AndrewP6
07-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Delaware North

The mongrels...bring your own food people!:)

alwaysadog
08-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Yesterday i had sushi, beer mix nuts, lollies and drink from cheap sweet shop, fruit from local street grocer, sandwiches (home made with ingredients from local russian deli) and other nibblies.

Where's the Russian Deli?

1eyedog
08-04-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't mind the fish and chips at the Dome, not too overpriced and at least edible.

1eyedog
08-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Where's the Russian Deli?

I know of two good ones on Bridge Road, my Uncle runs one, Augustus Kurganovs, there is also a good one on Chapel street at the market and another at Preston market.

AndrewP6
08-04-2009, 09:51 PM
I don't mind the fish and chips at the Dome, not too overpriced and at least edible.

Had it once...think it was prepared the day before...

WHile i'm on the topic... at the Eric Clapton gig I mentioned in another post, not only did i pay $9 for a drink, but $6.60 for a pizza... tasted about as good as the box it came in...

Sorry for that rant...

strebla
10-04-2009, 03:56 PM
There is a very good reason why I no linger drink at the football I had a beer at the sound relief concert and it tasted like four x absolute crap don't know what i paid but if it isn't in a can or stubbie I don't want it .

Sedat
14-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Mission Foods was nowhere to be seen at our home game at the MCG, and it was again nowhere to be seen at the ColloDome yesterday. Are both instances at the two different ground out of our control, or is this an internal screw-up?

Annoying to see the former sponsor's name up in lights whenever a goal was scored yesterday.

hujsh
14-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Mission Foods was nowhere to be seen at our home game at the MCG, and it was again nowhere to be seen at the ColloDome yesterday. Are both instances at the two different ground out of our control, or is this an internal screw-up?

Annoying to see the former sponsor's name up in lights whenever a goal was scored yesterday.

There was plenty of Mission ads at the Dome yesterday and TBH i didn't notice Leaseplan once.

Sedat
14-04-2009, 02:29 PM
There was plenty of Mission ads at the Dome yesterday and TBH i didn't notice Leaseplan once.
Sorry should have clarified - I was specifically referring to the ads immediately after a goal was scored, and it was LeasePlan all the way again this week.

Go_Dogs
14-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Sorry should have clarified - I was specifically referring to the ads immediately after a goal was scored, and it was LeasePlan all the way again this week.

My understanding is that LeasePlan provide sponsorship to ES, therefore the ads always run - nothing to do with us.

bulldogtragic
14-04-2009, 03:35 PM
My understanding is that LeasePlan provide sponsorship to ES, therefore the ads always run - nothing to do with us.
I get dragged to a lot of Hawks games, and yes Leaseplan are the ''goal" sponsor on the scoreboard. Unfortunate for us they were our former sponsor, but it may as well be ICI.

AndrewP6
15-04-2009, 12:19 AM

Noticed it a bit at the G, but didn't bother me that much. Understand it's a ground sponsorship...

Sedat
04-05-2009, 07:09 PM
BUMP

If it was a ground sponsorship issue, interesting that the Mission logo came up whenever we scored a goal yesterday. Does that mean that Mission have suddenly become the ground sponsor for the Dome? Doubt it.

AndrewP6
04-05-2009, 07:26 PM
BUMP

If it was a ground sponsorship issue, interesting that the Mission logo came up whenever we scored a goal yesterday. Does that mean that Mission have suddenly become the ground sponsor for the Dome? Doubt it.

Sorry but I really don't care that much...

Sedat
04-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Sorry but I really don't care that much...
No need to apologise, but if you're not interested then don't post in the thread. IMO Ernie raised an interesting point in the first place - if this was an oversight by the club, then it is amateur hour stuff. Not the best way to start off the relationship with your brand new sponsor who is throwing 1.5 mil a season into our coffers. I think we can safely establish that Lease Plan is not the ground sponsor of the MCG or Etihad, and it was an internal error from the Bulldogs that caused the old sponsor to be heavily advertised after each goal was scored, for 3 home matches in a row no less. Not good enough to be honest, and there was no reason not to have rectified this after the North home game.