PDA

View Full Version : Eade on the couch

ledge
06-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Apparently Eade will be on the couch tonight for anyone who has foxtel. 8.30.
Will post anything i see of interest for those who dont or cant see it.

Happy Days
06-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Apparently Eade will be on the couch tonight for anyone who has foxtel. 8.30.
Will post anything i see of interest for those who dont or cant see it.

Sorry but nothing gets in the way of Desperate Housewives :)

ledge
06-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Not much of note, except to say that Healy tried to make something out of Eade not being signed up yet.
Eade pointed out he had already decided on who would play on Richo, mentioning Lake if he plays up Forward.
Aker doesnt necessarily need a rest but will be managed and have different roles to play.
Said the boys, especially Boyd loves Picken.
Hates the rule Addison was involved with.
Williams puts too much weight on himself to do special things, wants him to keep it simple as he has the first 2 games.
Cooney was a bit flat yesterday, wouldnt say he was injured, did admit to the hip knock.
My opinion he is injured but keeping it quiet, thats just from me watching the limp he had near the end of game, could be wrong.
Overall he looked quite relaxed and content with where we are and his coaching team.

The Coon Dog
06-04-2009, 10:30 PM
By the time I finish reading my hieroglyphic scribble others would have given you the basics.

Rocket was asked right off the bat why he hadn't signed a new contract. He responded with a straight bat; not a priority at this stage, it will look after itself & the focus is on field. When Gerard Healey asked if any clubs had induced Rocket not to re-sign he laughed & said yes 3!

When asked who would play on Richo, Rocket said if he went forward then it would be Brian Lake, but if Richo went up the ground then there would be a variety of players, including Tom Williams who would have the aerobic capacity to run with him but queried whether he'd have the football smarts.

Spoke about Tom Williams who I reckon Mike Sheahan really loves. Rocket said he has a really good awareness of the game & the athleticism of Kouta, perhaps has a high expectation & they are working at getting him to concentrate on the simple things, which he has done so far this season.

James Hird said that he heard Smorgo talk about a tall forward on the radio tonight & queried whether we had one. Rocket said the talls were developing including Grant, Roughead & Cordy & that development could take 2-3 years.

Mentioned that Aker had a poor patch last season after the mid season break but started & finished the season well. Will never dominate games as he used to, but if he keeps doing what he's doing & others worry about Griffen, Cooney & Higgins Aker will get off the chain.

They said Rocket appeared more relaxed in the coaches box than his days in Sydney. He replied that we were lucky the cameras weren't on him on Sunday! He did say that he has alot of faith in the staff in the coaches box & they are responsible for many of the match day decisions.

Had a 'discussion' with Lindsay Gilbee after the game about his kick across the ground late on that led to a turnover & North goal He confirmed Lindsay wasn't real happy about what was said, but felt Lindsay should have gone long & direct.

Coons is still building up his match fitness & they are progressively giving him more game time. Felt he worked hard in round 1 but might have dropped off this week.

Confirmed that he's against the new rushed behind rule. He felt Dylan Addison should not have slowed down as that's when you give a signal to the umpire. Felt Dylan should have ran in, picked it up, run along the goal line & allow contact to take him over. Had to disguise it too.

Told Liam Picken on Wednesday that he was in. Picken then spoke with Paul Williams & Aker who have played on Harvey before & picked their brains. Didn't sleep well on Saturday night. Rocket said his work rate is terrific.

Rocket felt the umpire was too precious in awarding a 50 metre penalty against Johnno. Johhno pointed to his eyes & said the defender didn't have eyes for the ball. The umpire thought Johnno had a crack at him about the decision. Rocket said a) the umpire misunderstood Johnno & b) Johnno wasn't demonstrative hence his call about the umpire being too precious.

Hird asked if the Grand Final was a realistic target & were they looking at that. Rocket said that they weren't looking that far ahead, more working in smaller blocks, aim is get to the 8, hopefully get in the top 4.

Improvement will come from younger players such as Williams, Higgins, Harbrow, Everitt, Ward etc...

Throughandthrough
06-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys for the reports, much appreciated (as allways)

BornInDroopSt'54
07-04-2009, 01:51 PM
The comments on Williams very interesting. I'd heard two years ago that he is Koutaesque at training, but coming from Rocket's mouth it means more. He obviously has another level or two if he can stay on the park for a few seasons.

wb_age
07-04-2009, 03:02 PM
By the time I finish reading my hieroglyphic scribble others would have given you the basics.

Rocket was asked right off the bat why he hadn't signed a new contract. He responded with a straight bat; not a priority at this stage, it will look after itself & the focus is on field. When Gerard Healey asked if any clubs had induced Rocket not to re-sign he laughed & said yes 3!

When asked who would play on Richo, Rocket said if he went forward then it would be Brian Lake, but if Richo went up the ground then there would be a variety of players, including Tom Williams who would have the aerobic capacity to run with him but queried whether he'd have the football smarts.

Spoke about Tom Williams who I reckon Mike Sheahan really loves. Rocket said he has a really good awareness of the game & the athleticism of Kouta, perhaps has a high expectation & they are working at getting him to concentrate on the simple things, which he has done so far this season.

James Hird said that he heard Smorgo talk about a tall forward on the radio tonight & queried whether we had one. Rocket said the talls were developing including Grant, Roughead & Cordy & that development could take 2-3 years.

Mentioned that Aker had a poor patch last season after the mid season break but started & finished the season well. Will never dominate games as he used to, but if he keeps doing what he's doing & others worry about Griffen, Cooney & Higgins Aker will get off the chain.

They said Rocket appeared more relaxed in the coaches box than his days in Sydney. He replied that we were lucky the cameras weren't on him on Sunday! He did say that he has alot of faith in the staff in the coaches box & they are responsible for many of the match day decisions.

Had a 'discussion' with Lindsay Gilbee after the game about his kick across the ground late on that led to a turnover & North goal He confirmed Lindsay wasn't real happy about what was said, but felt Lindsay should have gone long & direct.

Coons is still building up his match fitness & they are progressively giving him more game time. Felt he worked hard in round 1 but might have dropped off this week.

Confirmed that he's against the new rushed behind rule. He felt Dylan Addison should not have slowed down as that's when you give a signal to the umpire. Felt Dylan should have ran in, picked it up, run along the goal line & allow contact to take him over. Had to disguise it too.

Told Liam Picken on Wednesday that he was in. Picken then spoke with Paul Williams & Aker who have played on Harvey before & picked their brains. Didn't sleep well on Saturday night. Rocket said his work rate is terrific.

Rocket felt the umpire was too precious in awarding a 50 metre penalty against Johnno. Johhno pointed to his eyes & said the defender didn't have eyes for the ball. The umpire thought Johnno had a crack at him about the decision. Rocket said a) the umpire misunderstood Johnno & b) Johnno wasn't demonstrative hence his call about the umpire being too precious.

Hird asked if the Grand Final was a realistic target & were they looking at that. Rocket said that they weren't looking that far ahead, more working in smaller blocks, aim is get to the 8, hopefully get in the top 4.

Improvement will come from younger players such as Williams, Higgins, Harbrow, Everitt, Ward etc...
Unbelievable, this is like an exact transcript of what was discussed on the show. All you guys who don't have access to foxtel should be thanking this man, terrific job.

ledge
07-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Thats because TCD tapes it then watches it 1 million times and writes it down word for word!

dogman
07-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I was dissapointed when Eade said that, players like Everitt, Grant or Williams are not yet capable to play as key forwards. Even though is probably true, I didn't want to here him say that.

LostDoggy
07-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Typical James Hird question frustrated me from that interview..

Questioning how Rocket felt when Gilbee turned over the ball in the last qtr..
The conditions were dreadful..The kick could have been marked on a dry day..and Gilbee turns the ball over how often? Once a year? Such a stupid question about someone who is the best kick in the competition according to plenty of football personalities..

Gotta stop watching this show..2nd week in a row hes had a go at the negative aspect when talking about us. Theres a time and place to talk about those things but not after you have a 10 goal win in perth and not after your 2nd win in a row against a "bogey" club.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Typical James Hird question frustrated me from that interview..

Questioning how Rocket felt when Gilbee turned over the ball in the last qtr..
The conditions were dreadful..The kick could have been marked on a dry day..and Gilbee turns the ball over how often? Once a year? Such a stupid question about someone who is the best kick in the competition according to plenty of football personalities..

Gotta stop watching this show..2nd week in a row hes had a go at the negative aspect when talking about us. Theres a time and place to talk about those things but not after you have a 10 goal win in perth and not after your 2nd win in a row against a "bogey" club.

I didn't think Hird was negative. Rocket himself even said he spoke to Lindsay about that choice of kick, so it was an appropriate question.
Hird also said "you are in fantastic form at the moment."

The Coon Dog
07-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I was dissapointed when Eade said that, players like Everitt, Grant or Williams are not yet capable to play as key forwards. Even though is probably true, I didn't want to here him say that.

Rocket is perceived by some to tell porkies, but I've found him to be refreshingly honest. What difference does it make whether he states his views? None I would have thought.

The Pie Man
11-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Rocket is perceived by some to tell porkies, but I've found him to be refreshingly honest. What difference does it make whether he states his views? None I would have thought.

Did you detect a bit of annoyance in Rocket at the question Healy opened with?

I get annoyed that Healy doesn't seem to want to let things like that go. Rocket looked a bit p_ssed off but then moved on extremely quickly....maybe I'm misreading it. Quality gag on how many clubs have been in touch with him (and what an effing stupid question really)