PDA

View Full Version : Green week

LostDoggy
07-04-2009, 11:03 PM
The AFL has got Women's Round, Heritage Round, Rivalry Round, Barry Round etc.

How long until they do what the NBA is doing this week, Green Week? Carbon neutral games, free tix if you take public transport, free parking for a full car, players planting trees, installing more bike racks at grounds etc etc

I reckon it is a certainty next year. Maybe the Dogs should get on board.

Tugun Goalsneak
07-04-2009, 11:32 PM
How aboput we all bury a Greenie to make the week worthwhile?
I would like to personally bury Peter Garrett up to his armpits in good old Western oval mud.
No place in footy for greenies, umpires are bad enough......Then again, maybe we could have Umpires week, and bury a few of those b*&^%**ds tooYeah, greenies and umpires - too many of both, I reckon.

firstdogonthemoon
07-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Brave Alan! To be commended for starting a thread that although worthy, will get you abused. Unless you are a troll, which you clearly are not.

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea and suspect it is inevitable, as is the destruction of the planet through climate change. I just hope we can win a flag first.

The AFL has got Women's Round, Heritage Round, Rivalry Round, Barry Round etc.

How long until they do what the NBA is doing this week, Green Week? Carbon neutral games, free tix if you take public transport, free parking for a full car, players planting trees, installing more bike racks at grounds etc etc

I reckon it is a certainty next year. Maybe the Dogs should get on board.

Tugun Goalsneak
08-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Yeah, sorry Alan. No abuse intended. It's just that I reckon that umpires are the real cause of global warming, and we should take definite steps to eliminate a few. Less umpires means less bad decisions, which means in turn less overheating by football fans.
Drop it back to 2 umpires and the earths temperature would drop by at least 2 degrees.
Stand by my comments about Peter Garrett though. Bury him.

LostDoggy
08-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Cheers Alan- wholeheartedly agree. I reckon the doggies should totally jump on this one and show how our club is genuinely a community club with concerns that transcend footy.
On a lighter note, how about an earth hour during one of our night matches where the lights are turned out- that way Tugun ( "I dunno what I'm drinkin but I should add more soda") Goalsneak could truly rant about the umpires being blind.....

aker39
08-04-2009, 10:13 AM
It's just that I reckon that umpires are the real cause of global warming, and we should take definite steps to eliminate a few. Less umpires means less bad decisions.

Less umpires, means less games of football being played.

LostDoggy
08-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah, sorry Alan. No abuse intended. It's just that I reckon that umpires are the real cause of global warming, and we should take definite steps to eliminate a few. Less umpires means less bad decisions, which means in turn less overheating by football fans.
Drop it back to 2 umpires and the earths temperature would drop by at least 2 degrees.
Stand by my comments about Peter Garrett though. Bury him.

Presumably you're talking about FOOTBALL umpires here as opposed to the suave, erstwhile brethren of the cricket umpiring fraternity

ledge
08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
How aboput we all bury a Greenie to make the week worthwhile?
I would like to personally bury Peter Garrett up to his armpits in good old Western oval mud.
No place in footy for greenies, umpires are bad enough......Then again, maybe we could have Umpires week, and bury a few of those b*&^%**ds tooYeah, greenies and umpires - too many of both, I reckon.

Can we add the bank bosses who dont pass on interest rate cuts to the people?

ledge
08-04-2009, 11:08 AM
What about bury Ian Collins day, all the clubs would back that!

craigsahibee
08-04-2009, 11:11 AM

Particularly while he is still breathing

Mofra
08-04-2009, 11:17 AM
If we make it a "bring your own shovels" event and plant a tree on him, the event could presumably become carbon neutral & thus coincide perfectly with Green week.

The umpires can all wear their green gear to support the cause. We could have the club mascots walking around with the Wilderness Society koalas haranging the public for donations too, almost like some bad acid trip with the Brisbane Bears back in the competition for a week.

I would also like to make the round "Carlton Neutral" as well as Carbon Neutral. Make them play a top side like Geelong at Skilled Stadium, or us at the dome with the players that really fit under the salary cap. Judd is Visy's 'green' ambassitor anyway so should be out soliciting donations with the mascots.

One question - can the dome roof support solar panels?

Sockeye Salmon
08-04-2009, 07:45 PM

With Bob Brown underneath him

LostDoggy
09-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Can you even see mud at the WO these days?

Carlton Neutral! Like it.

I was quite serious, but anyway I see the AFL is a step ahead. Looking in the Sunday Age pre-season guide last night I saw that Round 20 is Green Round. Beat me to it.

Our game is up in Brisbane. I propose we organise a bicycle convoy, led by those hippies Tugun and Sockeye Salmon.

What are the odds on Aker going the green hair?

The Coon Dog
09-04-2009, 09:43 AM
What are the odds on Aker going the green hair?

More likely green boots.

TCP has a pair, makes him easy to spot 3 suburbs away.

http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2151/9/71/1402503335/n1402503335_30050173_2037.jpg

hujsh
09-04-2009, 01:28 PM
More likely green boots.

TCP has a pair, makes him easy to spot 3 suburbs away.

http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2151/9/71/1402503335/n1402503335_30050173_2037.jpg

He'd want to play well with boots like that.

LostDoggy
09-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Interesting thread..

I think the AFL will only get more greener from here..

I work for a company that is in partnership with the AFL to reduce their carbon emissions (obvious who that is) and I cant see that going anywhere anytime soon with higher carbon emission reduction targets every year

AFL to backflip out of this wouldn't give a good name.. so expect those things mentioned in the first post to happen at some stage (free pub transport, free parking for full car etc). If you wanna help yourself, the energy company that im speaking about has a contract offer where they contribute a % to your AFL club (excluding a few that cant participate) that % or $ amount goes specifically to the club you choose which goes toward reducing the clubs emissions (eg. for flying interstate)

/end sales talk ;)