PDA

View Full Version : Scott West - Lap Of Honour?

LostDoggy
09-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Its happening..got this from the bulldogs newsletter email.

Round 3
Western Bulldogs V Richmond
Date: Monday 13th April 2009
Time: 2.10pm (EST)
Venue: Docklands

Tribute to Club great Scott West

This week the Western Bulldogs pay tribute to former Club Champion Scott West after his retirement in September last year.

West played 324 games for the club after debuting in 1993. Winning 7 Club Best and Fairest awards, he will be remembered for his hardness, his courage and as a true legend of the game.

As part of the leadership group at the club, West became an inspiration to the younger players and always passed on as much knowledge as he could. He personally selected Shaun Higgins to wear his no. 7 guernsey after his retirement a privilege he gladly accepted.

Scott West will be honoured in a lap around the ground before the game this week

Good to see..didn't think they would do it because of joining Melbourne but well deserved :)

LostDoggy
09-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I love Westy. A lap of honour is well deserved.

LostDoggy
09-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Glad to hear that. Should be a good sized crowd too.

The Bulldogs Bite
09-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Deserves it.

Really could've had two Brownlow medals to his name.

AndrewP6
09-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Great to hear that's happening...looking forward to the game.

BulldogBelle
09-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Great to hear that's happening...looking forward to the game.

Yes, same here - he deserves it. Heard Smorgo chatting away on the radio I think it was on 3AW before the game last week, anyone else hear it? He mentioned that Scotty misses the Bulldogs and looks forward to returning home at some point. He would be terrific guiding & nuturing our younger pups.

LostDoggy
09-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Scotty misses the Bulldogs and looks forward to returning home at some point. He would be terrific guiding & nuturing our younger pups.

Also fantastic to hear- hope its sometime soon!

angelopetraglia
09-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Fantastic news about West.

What about C. Grant? We never got to farewell the champ.

lemmon
09-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Cant wait, will be fantastic. Still, it wouldve been nice to get the opportunity to do this with Grant.

LostDoggy
10-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Great to hear, it was all so sudden his departure. I wonder if he would ever be interested in coaching.

bulldog
10-04-2009, 08:03 AM
great news i love WESTY

Dazza
10-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Think he is already coaching Melbournes midfield. Seems they've improved a fair bit as well.

LostDoggy
10-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Think he is already coaching Melbournes midfield. Seems they've improved a fair bit as well.

I hope that we get back Monty and West on to the coaching team at Whitten Oval, good for them to experience other clubs first.

LostDoggy
10-04-2009, 02:21 PM
This is a very appropriate move by the club - Westy gave the club all he had and the very least we can do is to show him our appreciation of that.

7 best and fairests. Has anyone won more at the FFC/WBFC? Has anyone won any more at other clubs?? It is a hell of a record...

LostDoggy
10-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Dear David, Cam & Rocket,

On the off chance that one of you guys may read this, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your decision to give our champion of the game a proper send off. Scott West stood for everything this club holds true on the footy field and it's a great mark of respect that you honor him in this way.

Having said that...

It would be the wish of all bulldog members that we also have the chance to say farewell to the greatest player ever to wear the tri color, Chris Grant.

If there is any way possible that we can get Granty to sit along side his great mate it would bring this Bulldog tragic to tears!

Cheers

hujsh
10-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Dear David, Cam & Rocket,

On the off chance that one of you guys may read this, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your decision to give our champion of the game a proper send off. Scott West stood for everything this club holds true on the footy field and it's a great mark of respect that you honor him in this way.

Having said that...

It would be the wish of all bulldog members that we also have the chance to say farewell to the greatest player ever to wear the tri color, Chris Grant.

If there is any way possible that we can get Granty to sit along side his great mate it would bring this Bulldog tragic to tears!

Cheers

I don't think Grant would want to TBH.

Does anyone remember what he's up to now?

Happy Days
10-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't think Grant would want to TBH.

Does anyone remember what he's up to now?

Last I heard he kicked a bag for Daylesford.

strebla
10-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Good to see this happening I too would like to thank the Turtle but alas i don't think personal accolades are his thing .I hope I can make it in time as I am going to the footy after work

Sockeye Salmon
10-04-2009, 04:00 PM
This is a very appropriate move by the club - Westy gave the club all he had and the very least we can do is to show him our appreciation of that.

7 best and fairests. Has anyone won more at the FFC/WBFC? Has anyone won any more at other clubs?? It is a hell of a record...

West holds the record at WB/FFC.

Kevin Murray won 9 at Fitzroy and Bobby Skilton 9 at South, I think.

Leigh Matthews (8) was up there as well.

Bulldog Revolution
10-04-2009, 08:20 PM
I hope he speaks to the team before the game and we smash the Tigers

AndrewP6
10-04-2009, 08:24 PM
I hope he speaks to the team before the game and we smash the Tigers

Very hopeful on the last bit...:)

LostDoggy
10-04-2009, 08:33 PM
A true Champion and much deserved. It would be great to see Westy coach the club in the future, having said that there is no room for sentiment in todays football. If is coaching career reflects his playing career then he will be a great success.

LostDoggy
10-04-2009, 10:22 PM

What a record, and what a player - I totally agree with everyone's posts - Westy gave his heart and soul to the red, white and blue and I for one was very sad the way he went out. I actually wrote a letter to the club at the time, to voice my feelings, and received a good reply. I still think they could have waited for him to make his decision before delisting him:confused: It will be fantastic to be able to farewell him in the manner he deserves.