PDA

View Full Version : Saints v WCE

Dry Rot
11-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Didn't see it - were the Saints that good or WCE really poor?

Hope Saints smashed them for us next week.

GVGjr
11-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Didn't see it - were the Saints that good or WCE really poor?

Hope Saints smashed them for us next week.

The Saints were switched on against a very poor opposition. The Eagles have a couple of extra days to regroup before our game as well.

Bulldog Revolution
11-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Its generally better not to get teams who are coming off hidings. Worsfold did not look happy after the game and I suspect he'll read them the riot act over the week

Sockeye Salmon
12-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Its generally better not to get teams who are coming off hidings. Worsfold did not look happy after the game and I suspect he'll read them the riot act over the week

Don't agree at all.

Play them when their confidence is shot and they're more concerned with keeping their spot in the team. They start to be more worried about looking good themselves rather than do the team things.

ledge
12-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Wish we had Quinton Lynch at CHF he is one big man who can kick huge goals!

The Bulldogs Bite
12-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Wish we had Quinton Lynch at CHF he is one big man who can kick huge goals!

For all his size he doesn't do enough.

He's struggled since the era of Kerr/Judd/Cousins which basically tells you a bit about the player.

He can kick it a long way though.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Don't agree at all.

Play them when their confidence is shot and they're more concerned with keeping their spot in the team. They start to be more worried about looking good themselves rather than do the team things.

Kinda about weathering the storm.

If we walk into half time even, it's a win for us. Their first half/quarter is likely going to be their best after a thumping the week prior. Hold them off for that and we should be really able to put them under pressure afterwards. Then - their confidence comes into play.

ledge
12-04-2009, 12:48 AM
For all his size he doesn't do enough.

He's struggled since the era of Kerr/Judd/Cousins which basically tells you a bit about the player.

He can kick it a long way though.

Yes because West Coast no longer have those players, but we have the players to bring Lynch into the game and keep him in the forward line, Woosher played him all over the place today!

GVGjr
12-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Kosi has been in great form. Injury free he is a very good player.

Happy Days
12-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Kosi has been in great form. Injury free he is a very good player.

I'm inclined to disagree with this.

For one, is he capable of being injury-free?

And secondly, when has he ever proven this at the level over a consistent period. I can only recall a 3-or-so-game period in '06 (maybe '05), during his turn as captain, where he was able to string more than one really good game together. It was mentioned in the broadcast today that he'd never kicked more than 5 goals in a game, highlighting his inability to truly dominate a contest.

He's shown glimpses, but I still hold my doubts.

GVGjr
12-04-2009, 01:22 AM

And secondly, when has he ever proven this at the level over a consistent period. I can only recall a 3-or-so-game period in '06 (maybe '05), during his turn as captain, where he was able to string more than one really good game together. It was mentioned in the broadcast today that he'd never kicked more than 5 goals in a game, highlighting his inability to truly dominate a contest.

Saints are performing very well so far this season and at the same time Kosi has strung 3 good games together.
You might be right but his best is very good and if he gets a run of games he will make a big difference for the Saints.

lemmon
12-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Interesting that Kosi and Dal Santo have been two of the Saints best players during the first three rounds after being mooted as trade bait at the end of last year.

LostDoggy
12-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Interesting that Kosi and Dal Santo have been two of the Saints best players during the first three rounds after being mooted as trade bait at the end of last year.

You beat me to it! Another couple of players mooted as trade bait were McIntosh and Lovett and they seem to be tearing it up this year. Must be a good motivation tool

Mofra
12-04-2009, 10:11 AM

Kosi is miles ahead of any KPP forward we have on our list. He is miles ahead of anyone (bar Chris Grant) we have produced over the last two decades - and he's not even the no 1 forward in his team. I'd love to have him at the Kennel.

ledge
12-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Well Kosi wont be stringing 4 good games together after punching a player in the head!

LostDoggy
12-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Well Kosi wont be stringing 4 good games together after punching a player in the head!

And there goes the 3 Brownlow votes too!

AndrewP6
12-04-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm not yet that excited about the Saints... they've let their supporters down plenty of times recently (I'm not one of them!)... They've had some good wins but no quality opponents.

Kosi I reckon will be remembered as a "coodabeen" anything... but has he delivered all that much, apart from some good form in 3 games? To say he's miles ahead of anyone we've produced bar Granty - I hope you mean any KPP...

And what's up with slapping his team mates the face??? That bloke will take an eye out before the Saints win a Premiership! His peripheral vision is said to be poor, but that's ridiculous! :)

Happy Days
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Kosi is miles ahead of any KPP forward we have on our list. He is miles ahead of anyone (bar Chris Grant) we have produced over the last two decades

That's not saying a whole lot.

Stevo
12-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm not yet that excited about the Saints... they've let their supporters down plenty of times recently (I'm not one of them!)... They've had some good wins but no quality opponents.

Kosi I reckon will be remembered as a "coodabeen" anything... but has he delivered all that much, apart from some good form in 3 games? To say he's miles ahead of anyone we've produced bar Granty - I hope you mean any KPP...

And what's up with slapping his team mates the face??? That bloke will take an eye out before the Saints win a Premiership! His peripheral vision is said to be poor, but that's ridiculous! :)
I tend to agree but if I was a Saints supporter the early signs would fill me with confidence. And they haven't had the level of output from Saint Nick yet.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Early days yes, but I think the Saints are looking pretty good. I believe the team has finally started to gel with their new coach. I never under estimated the impact Grant Thomas' leaving had on their group psyche. He appeared to behave like a father figure to them and they were gutted when he was forced out. Many of the players almost seemed to be sulking about his departure for a while. even through last year. Now they seem to have shaken that off and are playing with intent and listening to their coach.

Kosi is looking dangerous. Whether he can sustain that for a full season is the question. They have some pretty handy players on their list.