PDA

View Full Version : Game Day - Bulldogs vs Tigers

GVGjr
13-04-2009, 08:21 AM
This is the discussion thread for this afternoons clash of the day against the Tigers. Last year we had we pinched an exciting draw and I'm expecting them to give us tough contest as the desperate Terry Wallace badly needs a win.

My predictions are the Dogs by 2 points, Giansiracusa BOG and Akermanis for the first goal.

The Underdog
13-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Dogs by 9 points.
Boyd BOG
Gilbee first goal

GVGjr
13-04-2009, 08:41 AM
I wonder if there will be a late change for us. Nothing concrete but I have a feeling that Tiller will play.

Bulldog Revolution
13-04-2009, 08:48 AM
I wonder if there will be a late change for us. Nothing concrete but I have a feeling that Tiller will play.

I think so too

Will it be Ward or Picken out of the team?

Dogs by 21 points

BOG R Griffen

Bumper Bulldogs
13-04-2009, 09:04 AM

Hope not as all our boys will be in for a big game today, Dogs by 57 points, Griff BOG & Hill first goal.

Enjoy the day boys!!!

The Pie Man
13-04-2009, 09:24 AM
I've got a bad feeling about today - though I have renewed faith in the Dogs reminiscent of the late 90's.

Dogs by 7 points after an early scare, Boyd BOG & Johnson first goal for us.

Max469
13-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Dogs by 20 pts

Gia - 1st Goal

Higgins - BOG

The Coon Dog
13-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Dogs to flog an insipid Richmond by 78 points with Mitch Hahn to kick the first goal & Gia to dominate.

bulldog
13-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Dogs by 29 points
Griff to explode
Johnno 6 goals and first for the game
I think Tiller may play he was the only emerg training on Saturday have a feeling Cal might Miss

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 09:59 AM
dogs by 48
Higgo First goal.
Minson BOG...

Dazza
13-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Dogs by 24 points.

Few more members signing up.

comrade
13-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I think bringing Tiller in would be a good move - he can take Morton or Schultz, which allows Shaggy to play on someone smaller. Stevie T also loves to run and carry from the backline and can move forward if need be. Yep, I hope he's in.

Ward or Harbrow to miss.

Dogs by 31 points.
Higgins 1st goal.
Griffen BOG

G-Mo77
13-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Dogs by 17 Points
Gilbee first goal
Griffen BOG

Just about to go get some things for lunch I'm not going to put my body through stomaching land fill this week. Can't wait for this one. What kind of crowd is expected?

Mantis
13-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Dogs by 34.

Griffen BOG

Looking forward to watching the team in action. Hopefully we can get off to a quick start so the self doubts creep in for Richmond.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Dogs by 12pts
Johnno first goal
Crossy bog

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Dogs by 9
Griffin best on ground and also first goal kicker.

BulldogBelle
13-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Dogs by 28 points.
First goal to Johnson.
BOG - Daniel Cross

ledge
13-04-2009, 11:27 AM
I picked Gia to kick our first goal last week and he missed an open goal dammit , one last chance this week!

angelopetraglia
13-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Dogs by 43.
Aker to slot the 1st from an impossible angle.
BOG Lake (hopefully Rocket doesn't need to give him a bake today!).

Bulldog4life
13-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Doggies by 30 points in a physical match. Gia BOG & Mitch Hahn to kick first goal.

firstdogonthemoon
13-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Dogs by 54 - first goal to missy - BOG Hahn

Go_Dogs
13-04-2009, 11:43 AM
First game I'll get to enjoy on TV this year, hoping for a good performance.

I think GVGjr could be right, and we may bring in one tall. We look a little unbalanced, although perhaps we have some tired players and will need the extra run of another small.

Dogs by 6 goals, Williams a BOG performance on Richo and first goal to Cooney.

westdog54
13-04-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm going to be conservative.

Dogs to win by 67 points, Hahn to kick the first, Griffen, Cooney, Gilbee and Higgins to kick 12 between them and Gilbee to be BOG.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Close until halftime.

Then, Dogs kick 7 goals in the third quarter and 8 in last to win by 102 points and jump to the top of the table and, in an ironic twist of fate, end Terry Wallace's coaching career.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 12:13 PM
dogs by about 5 goals

mitch for first goal

the famous number 7 for BOG

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Danger game! Dogs by 7pts.

bornadog
13-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Dogs by 45 points

BOG - Gia

First goal - Hahn

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Dogs by 50+ points. First goal to Gia. Lantern - I really like your scenario.

Mantis
13-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Danger game! Dogs by 7pts.

It seems like you say that every 2nd week.

BTW each and every game is a danger game if you don't turn up to play.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Dogs by 50+ points. First goal to Gia. Lantern - I really like your scenario.

;) fingers crossed...

G-Mo77
13-04-2009, 12:42 PM
OK I'm off guys, hopefully we'll be singing the song approx. 4.40 tonight.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I am not feeling confident - but will be very happy to be proven wrong!

Dogs by 5 points
First Goal to Minson
BOG - Brad Johnson

Happy Days
13-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Dogs by 40
Hahn 1st goal,
Boyd BOG

Scorlibo
13-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Dogs by 23
First goal to Cooney
Cooney BOG.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-04-2009, 03:33 PM
WTF is going on. This is a pathetic start. Skills are horrendous.
Eade is going to go NUTS at quarter time.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow, horrible game so far. I've put it on mute, too.

Go_Dogs
13-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Yes, don't look switched on at all. Some terrible execution and decision making. Not enough people running and the forward set up looked all but non-existent initially.

Going to need to play a lot better than that to win this one.

Dry Rot
13-04-2009, 03:55 PM
So who was reported?

Dry Rot
13-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Pretty ordinary game to watch so far.

Some of the young guys have done well: Higgins, Picken, Hill and Ward IMO.

bornadog
13-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Much better quarter, could have had another two on the board with Aker running into an open goal and Griffen missing an easy set shot.

Go_Dogs
13-04-2009, 05:11 PM
So who was reported?

Picken. Nothing in it. Deledio should get reported for his actions too imo.

Dry Rot
13-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Picken. Nothing in it. Deledio should get reported for his actions too imo.

Thanks. He and Addison are a nasty little pair. :)

Go_Dogs
13-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks. He and Addison are a nasty little pair. :)

Addison was great today. Really attacks the ball and puts his head over it. His disposal and decision making were also very good. Going to be a pretty handy player.

Overall it was a pretty impressive 3 Qtr performance. Everyone did some good things at times, but no one really stands out as a dominating player.

Minson was good as was Hudson.

Cross and Boyd their usual selves.

Griffen and Higgins did pretty well, both using their explosive pace and disposal well.

Akermanis is just a smart player. Runs to good spots, chooses the good options.

Hill did some nice things today - but still at times need to lift his intensity w/o the ball.

Lake did very well - hope the knock he copped isn't too serious.

Tiller was handy, Johnson went alright.

On to a pretty tough month now with a game against the Eagles out west, Carlton, Saints and Adelaide away too. If we win 3 of those 4 we're positioning ourselves very well for the second half of the season.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-04-2009, 06:44 PM
I thought it was overall and ordinary performance skillwise for the majority of the game.
Lowlights included:
* No goals in the opering quarter 0.6.
* Sloppy kicking highlighted by at least 4 out of bounds on the full when not under pressure. Some of the cuplrits who made some awful errors by foot were Griffen, Hargrave, Tiller and Cooney.
* Some poor decisions off the half back area, often just bombing it to 2 or 3 on one contests, instead of trying to maintain possession and run through the zone.

I thought Griffen, Cooney, Boyd and Cross were wasteful often with their disposals.

The only highpoint and saving grace with us today was our workrate, contested ball work, pressure skills and Richmond's even worse disposal.

In addition Aker's goalkicking, Addisons toughness, Higgins smart play, Lake's dominance down back plus Hill's silky skills and Minson's good ruckwork were big reasons why we were able to get what proved ultimately to be a game winning break during the 3rd quarter.

Kudo's also to young Picken for taking another scalp in Deledio to follow on from that of Harvey's last week.

Glad that we kept working hard and eventually were able to apply scoreboard pressure, which saw Ricmond wilt further, but overall not happy with the way we played.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Just got home after the game.

Was dying for us to kick another one to push the margin past 50, because I think that would have sealed it for Wallet's career. As it is, he'll be hanging on by the skin of his teeth, and will definitely be gone if they lose to the Dees next week. The Dogs played like crap for long periods of the game, yet won by 8 goals.

Anyone remember the start of the year when they were supposed to EASILY make the 8 and push for the 4, along with Carlton? I love it, absolutely love it.

Suffer in your jocks, Tiger scum.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Bit of an ordinary performance but good signs that a number of players were down and we still came away with a pretty healthy win.

Cooney and Griffen were terrible today. Disposal was bad. Cross/Boyd hardly better for the most part. Hahn and Minson were very disappointing at times too.

Hill was best on ground for mine. He was fantastic in the air, on the ground and applying pressure - his best game for the club IMHO.

Addison was right up there too. His attack on the ball first class. Pressured the opposition non-stop both on the ground and in the air. Took a great, strong grab and his disposal was exceptional. Close to our best.

Aker was dynamic too. He's such a clever player and rarely makes a mistake. Very clean and precise. Turned it on for a few minutes and blew Richmond away.

Although it wasn't a polished performance, can't help but walka way encouraged. Still a LOT of improvement to come.

ledge
13-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Akerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr time!
2 minutes game over gotta love that man!

Hasnt Hill gone up a few cogs, this guy is freak material, tackling is coming into his trade and it looks soooo good.

Addison a forward target? How much can this kid give?
Did we have a player calling for the ball over the boundary line today?

As a friend of mine msgd me after the game with... if we played our normal game we would have won by 100,(blues supporter) my answer? just cruising, dont good teams do that, play not up to standard and still win.

A highlight was watching Browny at full back watch the ball go straight over his head for a goal and the head drop... mmm i bet a wrong decision a few years ago went through his head at that time.

Born & Bred
13-04-2009, 07:33 PM
What a ripping bloke Nathan Brown is. Was the first to leave the field after the final siren and 3 bulldogs players had to go and make an effort to shake his hand. It was very apparent today that it is all about Nathan Brown and Nathan Brown only. Didn't the same Nathan Brown win 2 All Australian jumpers and play over 100 games for the red, white and blue? Karma is a a lovely thing.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 07:40 PM
What a ripping bloke Nathan Brown is. Was the first to leave the field after the final siren and 3 bulldogs players had to go and make an effort to shake his hand. It was very apparent today that it is all about Nathan Brown and Nathan Brown only. Didn't the same Nathan Brown win 2 All Australian jumpers and play over 100 games for the red, white and blue? Karma is a a lovely thing.

He isn't stupid, he had to go design another t-shirt immediately.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Slow start and riddled with errors. How many out on the full?! However, still got a comfortable win. Even afer that ridiculous first quarter, I didn't feel worried. This team does know how to win, a welcome change to only a few years back.

I had to turn off the radio on the way home (3AW). Talk back was full of upset Richmond supporters with the commentators banging on about how it isn't Wallace's fault he inherited a poor list, he can only work with what he's got etc. Rubbish. He has assembled that list during his tenure and coming from a similar ladder position to the Doggies and Hawthorn.

Dogs have got off to a lovely start to the season and bugger all was said about that aspect.

cinder
13-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Nathan Brown sucks. I have no sympathy for him. If he had have shown any loyalty, say that which the likes of Chris Grant showed, then he'd be with the Dogs enjoying our current success.

Happy to have another win despite the shaky start!

bornadog
13-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Lowlights included:
* No goals in the opering quarter 0.6.

16 goals to five after quarter time erased the first quarter from my memory.

but overall not happy with the way we played.

I am happy we won by 47 points after both teams employed the rolling zone and made it difficult to punch through the defences.

Dazza
13-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Highlights.....

HILL!!! Fantastic game I thought. Everything he touched turned to gold. Must of set up at least 6 goals I reckon (slightly intoxicated)

Aker - Turns it on for 3 minutes and game over

Addison!! Love the attack on the ball as always but really used it well and provided some run.

Gilbee and Higgins were classy.

Lowlights....

Thought Cooney was a bit selfish in front of goal from about 50 out more than once. Particuarly that first quarter gimme goal if he passed it to Griffen.

Far too many out of bounds on the full around the half back area.

Tamblings game. Gotta feel sorry for that guy when opposition supporters want the ball in his hands.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Tamblings game. Gotta feel sorry for that guy when opposition supporters want the ball in his hands.
His and Kings.
Some here wanted us to tag King!

Apparently Tambling had little sleep due to a new child. The Tigers fans were scathing of him today.
Still I didn't think much of Ray at pick 4 in a year of a poor draft but it doesn't compare to Tambling at 4 in a draft where Fanklin and Williams went later.

G-Mo77
13-04-2009, 08:45 PM
I was absoloutly wrapped with the amount of pressure we applied it caused countless Richmond TO's and they really didn't know what to do when they got the ball. Our tackling was ferocious!!! :eek: But even thought Richmond turned the ball over at will I felt we really didn't put enough on the scoreboard for all that hard work, seemed to waste the ball at times around the field and at goal. I little pety maybe but I think those areas needed to be worked on. Playing a better side those TO's wont come as often and need to capitalize on them more.

G-Mo77
13-04-2009, 08:49 PM
His and Kings.
Some here wanted us to tag King!

Apparently Tambling had little sleep due to a new child. The Tigers fans were scathing of him today.
Still I didn't think much of Ray at pick 4 in a year of a poor draft but it doesn't compare to Tambling at 4 in a draft where Fanklin and Williams went later.

Can someone tell me why King is even playing? His play today alone resulted in many goals for us. I wonder if he'll poll a vote in our vote count at the end of the year for this game.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Anyone agree that it was one of Eagleton's better games?

He made some silly errors, but did a lot of 1% things i thought.

dog town
13-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Can someone tell me why King is even playing? His play today alone resulted in many goals for us. I wonder if he'll poll a vote in our vote count at the end of the year for this game. Richmond have 2 players in the side willing to take a risk today. One was Rance and the other was King. The guy probably isn't up to it but thats why he gets a game. He attempts to take the game on which is what they need. If he played in a team where they were more of a link up handballing side he might even be able to hide his deficiencies because the bloke just cannot kick. Him and Tambling seem to have copped most of the flack and rightly so because they were terrible but I would be more concerned about a guy like Deledio. This guy is the future and he looked like he gave up the second Picken came to him.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 09:42 PM
After hearing Nathan Brown today got 25 posessions the comment by Drew Morphett on the ABC today was 'not sure where'.

They have a number of blokes that can't kick, King is one of the worst.

AndrewP6
13-04-2009, 09:46 PM
I hope the boys sort a few things out this week, some of that game wasn't flash at all. If we'd played 4 quarters, we'd have won by 100!

Aker for P.M !!! when the game was there to be won, he put it beyond doubt. That's what real champions do. He's such a smart player. I felt in that awful first quarter that Welsh might've given us something... hope he's back soon. Tiller did better in 2nd half, but I reckon he could make way.

I reckon Cooney is at about 80% fitness/health. Did a few handy things, but definitely out of sorts. Hope it's only fitness. Griff was down, but still love watching him in action. At times tries to hard to beat his man, doesn't always pull it off. Higgins is a gun - potentially the next Johnno for us ? (the small forward who can kick a bag), and Addison's work ethic is terrific. Josh Hill is exciting, a bit too laid-back at times, but the guy is talented - can take a great grab too.

Will and Huddo were really good I thought - Will with the efforts to make a contest, and Huddo's well-known 2nd efforts.

All in all - good to get that kind of win when we gave them a head start, and with several key players down. Have to love a Tiger thrashing! As for Wallet and Browny, the money-hungry traitors, as the great EJ once said "We stuck it right up 'em"

lemmon
13-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Skills were pretty bad from both sides but I was really impressed with
Hill- Electric, going to be a very good player
Picken- Fantastic to have a nuggety little, pain in the ass tagger who will scrag for every contest in the side. Fast becoming one of my favourites
Higgins-Clean and found a heap of it
Eagleton- Chasing, tackling and harrasing. The competition for spots in the side has really put a rocket up him IMO
Addison- Tough and so good above his head
Aker- He may have lost a yard of pace and his kicking lacks the penetration it once had but he has the best footy brain Ive seen, knows exactly where to go to make himself dangerous
Cross and Boyd- Worked hard and did what was expected
Lake- Probably our best played on Richo and beat him comprehesively
Morris- Regular Morris performance and managed to sneak forward and kick a goal

One the flip side I thought Griffen was a bit quiet and Cooney didnt look fit, he didnt have his normal zip today and looked to lack a yard of his pace when breaking away from packs. I would give him a rest this week and wouldnt take him to Perth. Williams needs more football, is still incredibly raw but the upside is massive.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I hope the boys sort a few things out this week, some of that game wasn't flash at all. If we'd played 4 quarters, we'd have won by 100!

Aker for P.M !!! when the game was there to be won, he put it beyond doubt. That's what real champions do. He's such a smart player. I felt in that awful first quarter that Welsh might've given us something... hope he's back soon. Tiller did better in 2nd half, but I reckon he could make way.

I reckon Cooney is at about 80% fitness/health. Did a few handy things, but definitely out of sorts. Hope it's only fitness. Griff was down, but still love watching him in action. At times tries to hard to beat his man, doesn't always pull it off. Higgins is a gun - potentially the next Johnno for us ? (the small forward who can kick a bag), and Addison's work ethic is terrific. Josh Hill is exciting, a bit too laid-back at times, but the guy is talented - can take a great grab too.

Will and Huddo were really good I thought - Will with the efforts to make a contest, and Huddo's well-known 2nd efforts.

All in all - good to get that kind of win when we gave them a head start, and with several key players down. Have to love a Tiger thrashing! As for Wallet and Browny, the money-hungry traitors, as the great EJ once said "We stuck it right up 'em"

Would have to agree, it was so pleasing to win against these guys! It was an awful start - first quarter was really horrible to watch - all those points, and to think we kicked 25 -7 in WA first game :confused: I kinda take heart that even though at times we didn't play well, sloppy field kicking as well as in front on goal, we were able to put the foot down and show our class. Thought Eagleton was terrific, and I love the way Addison and Higgins go about their footy. Thought Mitch Hahn was quiet, as was Johnno and Cooney, but again, isn't it still a good sign that we can take a 48 point win when these guys are having a quiet one? Loved the points that Brownie kicked - every Bulldog supporter around where I sit gave him hell - what a weak effort to leave the ground so quickly after the game. I'm a happy camper, as the remainder of the game kinda pushed that ugly first quarter to the background.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Skills were pretty bad from both sides but I was really impressed with
Hill- Electric, going to be a very good player
Picken- Fantastic to have a nuggety little, pain in the ass tagger who will scrag for every contest in the side. Fast becoming one of my favourites
Higgins-Clean and found a heap of it
Eagleton- Chasing, tackling and harrasing. The competition for spots in the side has really put a rocket up him IMO
Addison- Tough and so good above his head
Aker- He may have lost a yard of pace and his kicking lacks the penetration it once had but he has the best footy brain Ive seen, knows exactly where to go to make himself dangerousCross and Boyd- Worked hard and did what was expected
Lake- Probably our best played on Richo and beat him comprehesively
Morris- Regular Morris performance and managed to sneak forward and kick a goal

One the flip side I thought Griffen was a bit quiet and Cooney didnt look fit, he didnt have his normal zip today and looked to lack a yard of his pace when breaking away from packs. I would give him a rest this week and wouldnt take him to Perth. Williams needs more football, is still incredibly raw but the upside is massive.

What about that Aker mark in the last quarter - with him running with his back to the ball! Then tops it off with a great goal - :D

strebla
13-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Young Hill just made my day I think in the end he was a little too unselfish around goal. Adison and Higgins were nearly as good aker was just able to grab the game by the throat and choke every bit of life out of the tigers. All in all a great team effort after the first quarter full of guts and run

comrade
13-04-2009, 10:46 PM
How good is it to have Hill, Higgins and Addison in the best handful?

bulldogtragic
13-04-2009, 10:47 PM
How good is it to have Hill, Higgins and Addison in the best handful?
And i'm hanging out to see reid in there too!

Sedat
13-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Was good to see the Tigers live up to Teflon's pre-match promise to really attack the game hard today and take the Bulldogs on head-to-head :rolleyes:

Richmond are wasting their time on implementing a horrendous to watch midfield cluster if their useless players can't hit the side of a barn door under any sore of pressure.

dog town
13-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Pretty good win considering how much was riding on it for the tigers.

I think we got it a little bit wrong early. Both teams were dropping numbers back a long way behind the ball in a virtual old school flood. Richmonds foot skills are suspect when they are put under pressure but by sitting back a little bit we were giving them time to set up and bring the ball forward. After quarter time we played a bit more like our normal set up by pressing up the ground and they started coughing the ball up. It also meant they couldn't get there own numbers back because a lot of our forward 50 entries were straight off turnovers.

Our pressure and second effort chasing was very good. Every single player was working hard to close space and put pressure on the Richmond ball carrier which was very good to see. We look fitter and I think that is showing up in some of our defensive stuff.

Our slick use of handball has been something I have noticed so far this year. I think we look really sharp with it at the moment. It is going to come in handy because its the best way to break down some of the midfield zones that have been employed.

Hudson- Really liked his game. Only a dozen touches but all of them contested and his influence was so much more than that. Just competes all day and some of his tap work is underrated.

Minson- Very good when he was in the ruck today. Was able to put the ball in the path of our midfielders pretty well. Competed well up forward but could easily have kicked a bag today. He had 5 or 6 chances to mark inside 50 today and they were all pretty gettable. I just dont think he really wants it when its in the air. He does not attack it like he thinks he will mark it.

Hill- Very important to our set up at the moment. Obviously he does a lot of special things but because he is such a good contested mark he also gives us another deep option to look for.

Gilbee- Got a free ride off Wallace which is surprising. Made them pay with a 28 touc game.

Aker- When he lost his form last year we started to struggle. He is really important to us up forward. Makes some other guys look pretty good at times.

Griffen- Still needs to get more handball receives and uncontested marks but I was impressed with the way he stayed involved in the contest today. Tackled all day and chased, spoiled, competed all day.

Cooney- Not sure what everyone is so worried about. I thought he just took another step in his rehab today and his numbers support that. Yeah he made a few errors but he generally does and he will be better for the run. I was really happy with his endeavour and clean hands in tight.

Higgins- Improved fitness is helping him stay involved in the contest longer which means he can get a few extra touches. I watched him follow up effort after effort today until the ball was out of his area and thats the difference at the moment. Was the best player on the ground to half time.

Picken- Another good job tagging an outside player. I think they are the type of players he will get. Will probably get Kerr next week who is more of an inside player. The eagles are playing him behind the ball at stoppages at the moment so he is playing more of an outside role.

Sedat
13-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Our pressure and second effort chasing was very good. Every single player was working hard to close space and put pressure on the Richmond ball carrier which was very good to see. We look fitter and I think that is showing up in some of our defensive stuff.
Good observation DT. I thought our work when we didn't have the ball was first-rate after qtr time. Really hunted their ball carriers and forced the turnovers time and again. By contrast, we were quite sloppy and careless on frequent occasions when we were actually in possession.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 11:26 PM
It wasn't the easiest game to watch, riddled with mistakes from both sides, and the first quarter was painful to watch. Cooney just doesn't look right, he was limping and just seemed to have no interest in the game.

Loved Hill's work - he was great down back or in the foward line - in my opinion our best player. Higgins just oozes class, loved his first goal - nice set shot. Aker (aka cool hand luke) we have to keep seeking him out in the foward line - he can deliver.

We are 3-0 which was better than my predictions for this time, and we should account for West Coast, although they will be fired up after getting a hiding from the Saints (is it me or are we constantly coping some very pissed off teams):eek: Hopefully we will have tidied up some of our skills ready for Carlton.

We managed to beat the Tige's by a greater margin than what Geelong did last week - so I take something out of that.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 10:45 AM
It wasn't the easiest game to watch, riddled with mistakes from both sides, and the first quarter was painful to watch. Cooney just doesn't look right, he was limping and just seemed to have no interest in the game.

Loved Hill's work - he was great down back or in the foward line - in my opinion our best player. Higgins just oozes class, loved his first goal - nice set shot. Aker (aka cool hand luke) we have to keep seeking him out in the foward line - he can deliver.

We are 3-0 which was better than my predictions for this time, and we should account for West Coast, although they will be fired up after getting a hiding from the Saints (is it me or are we constantly coping some very pissed off teams):eek: Hopefully we will have tidied up some of our skills ready for Carlton.

We managed to beat the Tige's by a greater margin than what Geelong did last week - so I take something out of that.

I see he is going back under the knife - hopefully we can keep on winning games without a strong contribution from him.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Good win and I expected a margin of that kind (predicted 45 pts), but our skills were down this week and hopefully that was just a wee blip on that front - because other sides would have punished us. Nothing more pleasing than seeing a dejected Brown and Wallace at various intervals during the game. I hope they both crash and burn, even though they more or less already have.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 01:36 PM
The Good:

Undefeated in 2009.

Shutting up some Feral Richmond Supporters.

Josh Hill, fast becoming my second fave player, behind Dale Morris.

Aker!!!!!!!!

Slim Pickens adding another scalp. restricted Deledio to 16 possies. And if he doesn't get suspended - maybe Daniel Kerr?

Despite some key players being down on performance, to still beat a team by 47 points, shows the dogs don't have to rely on one or two players.

Brian Lake was awesome

Tom Williams not getting injured, keep it going Tommy!

Shaun Higgens - does the No 7 proud.

A Gilbee Special : )

The Bad:
The first Quarter - :mad:

Sloppy turnovers and poor decision making.

The UGLY:

Griffen's two step attempt at a set shot, even I could have kicked that!!!!

Far too many out of bounds.

Liam Picken getting reported.

The news that Cooney will be having knee surgery :mad:

The dillema:
Who replaces Cooney? Should Aker be rested? If Picken gets suspended, who goes on Kerr?

The West Coast: Bring 'em on!!!!

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 01:55 PM
One or two things disappointed me today.

During the first quarter in particular, our inability to handle their zone caused too many turnovers. We have had the entire pre-season to practise how we handle this but a lack of patience led us to kick to no-one and turn the ball over.

Later in the game we were woefully caught on the rebound reminding me of the Rhode days when everyone drifted forward allowing a long opposition kick to find us out badly.

We got away with it today due to the poor quality of the opposition. We will not be so lucky against the better sides.

The forward line misses the leading Murphy badly. Hahn in the CHF position is a problem because he has a wide turning circle and is suspect overhead in a contest.

We should all pray for a quick Murphy return before we play the good sides

AndrewP6
15-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Just had to post this...

Watching the 4th quarter of the game on Foxtel replay, we got a close-up of Richo after he kicked his goal. He took a drink, and to no-one in particular, clearly said (well, I lip-read!) "F****g s**t football" ..... maybe he's not as dumb as I thought....looked close to tears at times too

wb_age
15-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Just had to post this...

Watching the 4th quarter of the game on Foxtel replay, we got a close-up of Richo after he kicked his goal. He took a drink, and to no-one in particular, clearly said (well, I lip-read!) "F****g s**t football" ..... maybe he's not as dumb as I thought....looked close to tears at times too
Yeah I saw it to, he then went on to add some more elaborate verbs.
Poor bloke, loyalty is one thing, what is doing is something else.

SLAP - Higgins jumping in without hesitation for young Picken after Deledio had a go at him. If you watch it closely i'm quite sure Higgins managed to throw in a nice fist to Deledio which resulted in his blood rule.

Neither a slap nor sledge, but when Lake was outmarked by Morton in the third, i found it funny that he went on to throw his opponents mouthgard 20m way.
The umpire saw this and then had a little chat with him, funny guy!

AndrewP6
15-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah I saw it to, he then went on to add some more elaborate verbs.
Did he? I missed that
Poor bloke, loyalty is one thing, what is doing is something else.

SLAP - Higgins jumping in without hesitation for young Picken after Deledio had a go at him. If you watch it closely i'm quite sure Higgins managed to throw in a nice fist to Deledio which resulted in his blood rule.
Good form Higgins!
Neither a slap nor sledge, but when Lake was outmarked by Morton in the third, i found it funny that he went on to throw his opponents mouthgard 20m way.
The umpire saw this and then had a little chat with him, funny guy!

I saw him knock it out in the contest, didn't realise he threw it....great stuff from Lake...

Rocket Science
16-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Those of you who caught the Foxtel replay might also have noticed Browny's love affair with himself on the scoreboard.

I know this might be reasonably commonplace with some players these days but if you follow the footage immediately after he kicks his 3rd quarter goal, he's absolutely fixated on the scoreboard as he slowly saunters back into position, checking himself out for a good 15-20 seconds. Then he feigns losing interest, turning his back to the scoreboard before craning his neck around and taking another guilty peek, clearly beginning to feel sheepish causing him to momentarily lower the eyes to crowd level, but then going back for another good 10 second gander, then actually begins to preen his hair, then a token glance upfield toward the centre square before yet another beady-eyed peek at the scoreboard to check the hair from a different angle. The bloke did everything but blow himself a kiss.

The whole love-struck dalliance lasted a good minute or two and it's footage I assume free-to-air viewers wouldn't have seen as CH7 would have cut to an ad-break during this time, while Foxtel simply runs the vision regardless of where the camera's focused, sans commentary.

You'd think the novelty might have worn off after 12 years of AFL experience, but nope.

wb_age
16-04-2009, 01:10 AM
I saw him knock it out in the contest, didn't realise he threw it....great stuff from Lake...
Yeah, i saw it on gameday but unfortunately it wasn't showed on TV.

Funny man is our Lake.

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Those of you who caught the Foxtel replay might also have noticed Browny's love affair with himself on the scoreboard ...

Yep, noticed it when I was watching the replay last night. Weird. More enjoyable, was watching him when he kicked those points.