PDA

View Full Version : Johno's incident

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Can someone explain what happened with him and 2 other Richmond players in front of our cheer squad?
I was sitting on the other side and couldn't see what was happening

Dry Rot
13-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Dunno what started it, but Johnno had no help from his team mates.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Dunno what started it, but Johnno had no help from his team mates.

I wonder if it was a ploy? He had two Richmond players by the guernsey for quite some time whilst the game was in play, meaning some Dog's player didn't have an opponent:D

Sockeye Salmon
13-04-2009, 07:05 PM
What made me laugh is how quickly the Richmond blokes lost interest when Ben Hudson arrived.

MrMahatma
13-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Was very 'un-johno' He got up and went straight for the guy.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Don't know what happened, but looks like something was said to Johnno to make him go off his nut. Would be something pretty nasty too for Johnno to get riled up -- which would be in character for the black and yellow scum. Just look at the scoreboard -- you don't even deserve to be on the same park as Johnno.

And no one needed to go help Johnno out because we were winning by 8 goals, and one of Johnno is enough to take on ten of them, much less two little gits who had the misfortune of being drafted to an entire career of never playing finals. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys.

Poetic justice when they go up the other end, hit a post, and then the ball comes back down and Hilly finishes them off with another goal.

ps. got into trouble with my missus for calling them little $hits.

LostDoggy
13-04-2009, 07:11 PM
I saw bits n pieces...Johnno got swung pretty hard towards the fence

Huddo eventually flew the flag and came in a seperated them

Bumper Bulldogs
13-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Not far from us, I thought Johnno was trying to stop the bloke ontop getting up and running off, Then the ball cleared and the other bloke came over. Johnno could have left it alone but kept holding the jumpers. Huddo looked over and thought it was finished, turned away, then turned back and thought he should stroll over, Yes they didn't want to take both on (Must be the facial Hair)

The concern for me was looked like Johnno twisted his elbow/Shoulder.

strebla
13-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I thought it was a finger just to the left of me what pissed me off was that the bald headed umpire totally ignored what was going on.I really got stuck in when the two timid tigers turned tail when the big bloke turned up weak as p#ss

G-Mo77
13-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Just a little wrestle to liven things up a bit. :)

AndrewP6
13-04-2009, 10:00 PM
It was below me. i was up on level 3, under the screen. Great to see Johnno going at the two mongrels, wonder if he was smiling the whole time? He of course had the last laugh. Shame those weak as p*** Tiger cubs didn't show that much fight all over the ground. Equally amusing was their retreat when Huddo arrived. WEAK!

Someone told me they were saying on radio that one of them had been in Johnno's ear throughout the game. Must've been bad to get him riled!

azabob
13-04-2009, 11:08 PM
It was below me. i was up on level 3, under the screen. Great to see Johnno going at the two mongrels, wonder if he was smiling the whole time? He of course had the last laugh. Shame those weak as p*** Tiger cubs didn't show that much fight all over the ground. Equally amusing was their retreat when Huddo arrived. WEAK!

Someone told me they were saying on radio that one of them had been in Johnno's ear throughout the game. Must've been bad to get him riled!

In the second quarter Johnson got a free kick for in the back on the wing on the boundary and it was McGuane who gave it away, landed on his back whilst Johnson was on the ground. Then before Johnson got up McGuane lent over and said something to him, I would think something like "get up you stager". What I found interesting was Johnson did not retaliate verbally or physically.
And the two that were wrestling Johnson in the last quarter were McGuane and Moore.

Desipura
14-04-2009, 09:45 AM
What made me laugh is how quickly the Richmond blokes lost interest when Ben Hudson arrived.
Hardly, as Dermie said yesterday, an AFL ground is one of the safest places to be now with all the cameras in place. Its not as if you can throw punches.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 10:47 AM
I wonder if it was a ploy? He had two Richmond players by the guernsey for quite some time whilst the game was in play, meaning some Dog's player didn't have an opponent:D

Exactly what i said at the time.

Yeah it was pretty funny how it all stopped when Benny Huddo came over, but would have ben nice had some other boys came over as well, but then again it wouldnt have been worth the fines they may have copped.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 11:17 AM
The woman sitting behind me was so upset about it, she kept saying that Johno was too old for this - I reckon he was enjoying it a bit;)

Go_Dogs
14-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Exactly what i said at the time.

Yeah it was pretty funny how it all stopped when Benny Huddo came over, but would have ben nice had some other boys came over as well, but then again it wouldnt have been worth the fines they may have copped.

Ditto. Take one of our players away from the contest and two of theirs. Perfect.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 04:29 PM
From TV , Johnno was laughing towards the end of the stoush - he had hold of 2 Tigers players (and i use the term 'players' very loosely) and there was absolutely nothing in it. It tied up the 2 tigers for a while and Johnno was loving it.

AndrewP6
14-04-2009, 06:16 PM
In today's Age, there was a pic of the incident, and I'm sure Johnno has the trademark smile on his face. I knew he had to be smiling!

bornadog
14-04-2009, 11:48 PM
I watched the reply tonight and slowed it down during the incident. As Johnno was falling as was the Richmond player, the Richmond player wacked Johnno on the head as he brought his arm down during the fall. Johnno was not impressed to say the least.