PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Eade on footy classified

strebla
13-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Rodney eade will be on footy classified starting now !!

AndrewP6
14-04-2009, 12:13 AM
God I'm bad with TV today....bloody well missed that too!

Happy Days
14-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Wow...finally they find someone who feels something else other than complete contempt for Hutchy/Carro/Grant.

wb_age
14-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Anything noteworthy discussed? I missed it :mad:

NoseBleed
14-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Was on for about 11 minutes.

Unhappy with uncharacteristic skill errors, but pleased that we hung in there.

1s't quarter loss put down to being second to the ball, but at 1/4 time felt that we should have kicked 2 or 3 of the shots at goal, so no need to panic

Was quizzed by Grant Thomas if he waited too long to implement a leadership program. Pointed out that they had an in house program before Leading Teams. Interesting to hear that the prior sub group had spent too long looking up to the prior leaders. "Very hierarchical " with 5 or six players that had played 250+ "then a recruiting gap back to Murph that they traded picks..." Pointed out the big gap in leaders at the time.

As the Icons of the club have retired, Leading Teams have worked hand in glove to draw out the new generation of leaders.

Caro took it all back to Richmond. Them turning the ball over was what we we're looking for.

Caro suggested Wayne Campbell was drawn back to Richmond with the lure of being a SC. RE rejected that, said he obviously wanted to go back to Richmond, thanked him for his good work, then suggested he needs more development.

Gary pointed out Ackers good work. RE suggested that Ackers been told that were looking for him not to dominant, but to play a team role, and use his age, expetience, clean hands and be unselfish. Thought his unselfishness was rewarded today.

Question from GT about what was more important "Tactics or attitude". Intent was the answer. Interesting follow on about how "Turning up to play" is important, and our bigger body size leads to hardness at the ball. Singled out Addison, Picken and Ward.

Talked about his "animation" in the box. Suggested he likes to be free to go wild in the box so he doesn't carry it onto talking to the players.

Then some crap about the AFLCA.

Interesting talk about the week he coached in the finals. Suspect he'll never take an injured played into a final again.

Apparently we still don't have a power forward. We're still asking Will to compete. Mid fields ok, Forward lines ok, defensive pressure needs to improve, we can take contested ball to another level. Looking forward seeing to Everitt, Williams, Higgins improve.

Nice work by a pro.

Cheers,

Nosebleed.

wb_age
14-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Cheers NB!

Sedat
14-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Grant Thomas was the only panellist to bother asking something remotely insightful in relation to our improvement on-field and the potential correlation between that and our improved leadership across the board - also liked his question about tactics vs attitude. Caro's questions relating to the Clarkson outburst in the AFLCA meeting, not to mention her puzzling assertions that Wayne Campbell is potentially next in line to coach Richmond, had absolutely nothing to do with Eade nor the Bulldogs, and served only to plug a couple of her recently penned articles. The questions were rightly given scant regard by Eade. Take Grant Thomas' questions out of the equation and the interview was a complete waste of time for Rocket and the Bulldogs.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Grant Thomas was the only panellist to bother asking something remotely insightful in relation to our improvement on-field and the potential correlation between that and our improved leadership across the board - also liked his question about tactics vs attitude. Caro's questions relating to the Clarkson outburst in the AFLCA meeting, not to mention her puzzling assertions that Wayne Campbell is potentially next in line to coach Richmond, had absolutely nothing to do with Eade nor the Bulldogs, and served only to plug a couple of her recently penned articles. The questions were rightly given scant regard by Eade. Take Grant Thomas' questions out of the equation and the interview was a complete waste of time for Rocket and the Bulldogs.

Not to mention Caro having the nerve to ask what Rocket thought was the problem with Richmond....:eek:

Rocco Jones
14-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Caro's questions relating to the Clarkson outburst in the AFLCA meeting, not to mention her puzzling assertions that Wayne Campbell is potentially next in line to coach Richmond, had absolutely nothing to do with Eade nor the Bulldogs, and served only to plug a couple of her recently penned articles.

Caro has a mancrush on Wayne Campbell. I remember him being on Talking Footy when she was a panelist. She couldn't stop gushing over this ability to both play footy and construct a sentence. It was very awkward.

comrade
14-04-2009, 11:27 AM
When Rocket was quizzed about the lack of tall forward, is there any reason he didn't say something along the lines of, “well we don’t currently have one ready to go but we’ve got a couple of likely types in Grant and Cordy developing nicely at Williamstown and we hope to see them making an impact in the next few years”, rather than just “we don’t have one”? Is he just being pragmatic and doesn’t want to put pressure on the young blokes, ala Tom Williams?

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Caro has a mancrush on Wayne Campbell. I remember him being on Talking Footy when she was a panelist. She couldn't stop gushing over this ability to both play footy and construct a sentence. It was very awkward.

It's a mancrush only if it's from another man.

Since Caro is a woman, it's just a regular, old-fashioned crush. You know, like the ones girl students have on their dreamy science teachers.

Or are you saying something about Caro's gender? That's very un-PC, especially after what happened on the footy show last year...

Sedat
14-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Was unrelated to the Rocket interview, but Caro's assertion last night that Richmond would have beaten Geelong last week if Cotchin was in the side was rightfully given the dismissive treatment by Thomas, who stated that Geelong would have simply raised their level accordingly as good sides would do. Righto Caro, so a 5 gamer would have made all the difference against a hardened, vastly experienced team that has lost 3 games in 50 and were playing on their own dung-hill :rolleyes:

I can't imagine the pressure that will be on Cotchin when he starts to string some games together at Punt Rd.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Caro really gets blinded by her love for Richmond doesn't she. She seems to be a bit kinder towards us this year - even picked us to finish second.

The Underdog
14-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Was unrelated to the Rocket interview, but Caro's assertion last night that Richmond would have beaten Geelong last week if Cotchin was in the side was rightfully given the dismissive treatment by Thomas, who stated that Geelong would have simply raised their level accordingly as good sides would do. Righto Caro, so a 5 gamer would have made all the difference against a hardened, vastly experienced team that has lost 3 games in 50 and were playing on their own dung-hill :rolleyes:

I can't imagine the pressure that will be on Cotchin when he starts to string some games together at Punt Rd.

I think she was actually putting forward a theory that supposedly came from within Tigerland. Not sure if that was just a cover though.

AndrewP6
15-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Can't stand Caroline Wilson. Love seeing/hearing her being shot down...just irritates me with her "This must be true because my sources said so" attitude..

azabob
15-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Can't stand Caroline Wilson. Love seeing/hearing her being shot down...just irritates me with her "This must be true because my sources said so" attitude..

Don't all Jurno's say the same thing about their source though?

AndrewP6
15-04-2009, 10:41 PM
[/B]

Don't all Jurno's say the same thing about their source though?

Yeah they do, but she just has a smug quality about her that gets on my nerves. :)

LostDoggy
17-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah they do, but she just has a smug quality about her that gets on my nerves. :)

I think that's just her face. She can't help it.

AndrewP6
17-04-2009, 08:53 PM
I think that's just her face. She can't help it.

There are plenty of others around with good faces for radio... just not a fan of hers.

Remi Moses
18-04-2009, 02:58 AM

My sentiments also. WTF has Captain lagger and rabblemond got to do with us!
Never thought I would say this but Thomas is the onle one with any credibility on that panel. Hutchison and Wilson and their phoney catfights drive me to distraction.

alwaysadog
18-04-2009, 10:45 PM
The quality of footy journalism sometimes plumbs the depths of stupidity but Caro's refusal to put her professional responsibilities before her personal preferences is even worse; she is not reporting on what is actually going on. In stead she is providing insights into the state of her mind... and it's not a pretty sight either.

It's about time someone told her there were 16 clubs in the league not just the one she supports... and which happens to be the worst performed club over the last 20 years.

They would probably be better off if she left them alone for a while to regroup and think things through calmly without the extra pressure she places on them.

I know it won't happen, but with friends like that.

LostDoggy
19-04-2009, 12:02 AM
There are plenty of others around with good faces for radio... just not a fan of hers.

Haha -- I was agreeing with you. She does look smug as.

Who else isn't a pretty sight in your book?

alwaysadog
19-04-2009, 01:43 PM
She can't help it.

That's her explanation for everything