PDA

View Full Version : Hotties & Notties w/ Rocco Jones: Round 3 edition

Rocco Jones
14-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Welcome to 3rd installment of Hotties & Notties. Posters in the previous threads have asked about why I have picked certain sides as hot and not so here is the formula I use to pick out my hotties and notties
- Most important factor: Last game they have played.
- Next most important factor: Last couple of games before that
- Next, next most important factor: Season in general
- Probably the most important factor when I come to think about it: Random rubbish that comes to mind the night I do it.
- Also, pretty important: Quality of YouTube videos the club puts out.

HOT

St.Kilda
Their defensive pressure has been great this year but the most promising thing has been their improvement in attack. Dal Santo and Kosi are back and Montagna is turning into the gun explosive midfielder they need. Freo at home next up, that percentage might just get healthier.

Essendon
Congratulations to the inaugural nottie to hottie. Lloyd made a few critics look silly with 5 goals. They seem to rate beating Carlton on par with winning 10 premierships in a row these days, so good on them.

Western Bulldogs
Isn't it great to put in a relatively poor performance and still win by 8 goals? Beating the Tiges is always fun and watching Wallace front up On The Couch was the icing on the cake.

--------------Hot/Not Equator---------------------------- (not drawn to scale)--------------------

Fremantle
The modern game places an enormous value on pace and disposal and Freo are sadly lacking in both areas. Who in their midfield warrants close checking? Pav reminds of the underachievers from the Clerks movies. I am enjoying Cameron Noakes' Freo love though.

Richmond
We were below our best today and still beat them by 8 goals. Can anyone in their side outside of Newman kick a football? Jake King pretty much sums them up at the moment.

North Melbourne
Chookgate and a 9 goal loss get them the gong this week. Theye explosiveness of Wells and Harvey is vital to North but both have struggled massively. On that video, what I found most offensive was how unfunny it was. Don't quit your day job North Melbourne, what that is.

NOT

bulldogtragic
14-04-2009, 03:47 PM
I can't beleive 'the fab four' which are yet to collectively achieve anything fell of the hot list.

Saints doggies in a few weeks looms large to determine who is really a hottie.

Rocco Jones
14-04-2009, 04:01 PM
I can't beleive 'the fab four' which are yet to collectively achieve anything fell of the hot list.

Saints doggies in a few weeks looms large to determine who is really a hottie.

Richmond vs Melbourne this week does the opposite.

bulldogtragic
14-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Richmond vs Melbourne this week does the opposite.
Could it be the innaugural Rocco Jones 'Nottie' Cup?

Rocco Jones
14-04-2009, 04:25 PM

Sounds like another good reason to tank.

Bulldog Revolution
14-04-2009, 05:28 PM

Neither will have to try too hard

If the Tiges cant get the chocolates against the Dees then I'd look to get out of the G early as their fans start tearing it down

Of the Fab four - Judd was close to BOG and Murphy was very good. I dont think they deserve to be notties, but its a ridiculous nickname when they include Stevens.

Remi Moses
14-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Come on Demons!Just heard the worst excuse for a player being positively putrid. Tambling's wife just had a baby 3 days ago, what a load of dogs bollox.:rolleyes:

aker39
14-04-2009, 05:47 PM
If the Tiges cant get the chocolates against the Dees then I'd look to get out of the G early as their fans start tearing it down

Don't worry about the G. I think there supporters will be heading straight over to Punt Road.

Bring on the chicken $hit.

LostDoggy
14-04-2009, 05:56 PM

Looks like a matter of whom can out-tank who?

comrade
14-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Bring on the chicken $hit.

No need to bring Little Boris into it. :)

Sockeye Salmon
14-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Come on Demons!Just heard the worst excuse for a player being positively putrid. Tambling's wife just had a baby 3 days ago, what a load of dogs bollox.:rolleyes:

Cooney spent the entire night before a game at the hospital bedside of his sick daughter and came out and got BOG!

Rocco Jones
15-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Cooney spent the entire night before a game at the hospital bedside of his sick daughter and came out and got BOG!

Yeah I remember Wyndy spending a night before a game at the hospital and coming out to smash Corey McKernan.

alwaysadog
15-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Essendon
They seem to rate beating Carlton on par with winning 10 premierships in a row these days, so good on them.

Exactly! The son of my partner, unfortunately an unreconstructed Essendon supporter who unlike his mother has yet to see the light, says Knighter can coach the Dons forever as long as they keep beating Carlton; ignore all the other results for the year, they pale into insignificance.

Rocco Jones
15-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Exactly! The son of my partner, unfortunately an unreconstructed Essendon supporter who unlike his mother has yet to see the light, says Knighter can coach the Dons forever as long as they keep beating Carlton; ignore all the other results for the year, they pale into insignificance.

Gary O'Donnell was rather excited!

azabob
15-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Rocco, No Will Minson in the hotties?? :D

Mantis
15-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Don't think our win over a hapless Richmond justifies our position in the 'Hotties' section. Personally I thought Brisbane's win over Sydney was more deserving of accolades than it has received. Brisbane hadn't beaten Sydney for 3 or 4 years and did so in conditions (wet & slippery) that probably suit the hard-nosed Swans a bit more.

When you factor in your factor's Sydney had just come off a big win over the Hawks which makes Brisbane's win even more credible.

Rocco Jones
15-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Don't think our win over a hapless Richmond justifies our position in the 'Hotties' section. Personally I thought Brisbane's win over Sydney was more deserving of accolades than it has received. Brisbane hadn't beaten Sydney for 3 or 4 years and did so in conditions (wet & slippery) that probably suit the hard-nosed Swans a bit more.

When you factor in your factor's Sydney had just come off a big win over the Hawks which makes Brisbane's win even more credible.

Someone obviously didn't read the formula for my selections! I didn't just factor in this round. Brisbane lost last week and just got over the Eagles at home in round 1. Also, I barrack for the Bulldogs and they are the best and everyone else is a stupidface!

Rocco Jones
15-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Rocco, No Will Minson in the hotties?? :D

Oh I am going to be known as a Will Minson hater now! I love William, I love his ironic articulate off-field/brut on field thing, it's glorious! I just think we should consider resting him with the short turnaround and trip to WA (I maybe should have gone the 'we should rest him cause he is so valuable angle').

hujsh
15-04-2009, 09:25 PM

That may be when Freo play Melbourne (R20 i think)

ledge
15-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Someone obviously didn't read the formula for my selections! I didn't just factor in this round. Brisbane lost last week and just got over the Eagles at home in round 1. Also, I barrack for the Bulldogs and they are the best and everyone else is a stupidface!

Can we put this in the quotes of 2009?

Rocco Jones
16-04-2009, 12:15 AM
That may be when Freo play Melbourne (R20 i think)

Freo and Richmond are more nottie than Melbourne. Even though I didn't mention it in my formula, I factor in expectations of the team prior to the season commencing (deluded or otherwise).

Rocco Jones
16-04-2009, 12:16 AM
[/B]

Can we put this in the quotes of 2009?

You have my blessing.