PDA

View Full Version : Social Club Upgrade

The Coon Dog
15-04-2009, 08:36 AM
For those looking to upgrade their existing membership to Social Club can do so, but the price increases after May 1st.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/scan0001.jpg

Rocket Science
15-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Is there a valid explanation for the price increase?

LostDoggy
15-04-2009, 09:18 AM

To Motivate people to get off their behind and take action early.

The Coon Dog
15-04-2009, 09:31 AM

Some people will hang back & wait until they see how we are travelling. I suppose its an incentive for those getting in early. I don't have any problems with it.

Rocket Science
15-04-2009, 05:52 PM
It's obvious why they're doing it...I still don't think it qualifies as an adequate excuse for gouging your supporters.

$95 up to $145 is some bloody increase too.

In principle I think it's lousy.

Remi Moses
15-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Careful CD you might jinx them!:p

LostDoggy
15-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Last year I signed up with my 11 Silver Adult Membership..and then about round 17-18 I upgraded to social club but I thought why not just do it this year regardless. Confident we will make the finals so it comes in handy, worse comes to worse it's a ticket to the doggies footy show and a donation..why not.

Sockeye Salmon
15-04-2009, 06:49 PM
It's obvious why they're doing it...I still don't think it qualifies as an adequate excuse for gouging your supporters.

$95 up to $145 is some bloody increase too.

In principle I think it's lousy.

Perfectly valid in my book.

Some of us buy our social club memberships every year regardless.

Others use it purely as a way of getting grand final tickets should we make it. If this is your intention, that's fine, but if you want to wait to see how we're going first, you'll pay a premium.

hujsh
15-04-2009, 06:59 PM
So this is the price to pay on top of the membership? $85 seems a bit much for an add on

GVGjr
15-04-2009, 07:02 PM
They do this the wrong way around. They should say the price is $140 but there is a $50 discount if you sign up before a certain date.

I can understand why people would be upset by it because it is a sharp increase but for years the club has preached about the advantages of signing up early and yet so many still prefer to wait until the season unfolds before committing.

mighty_west
15-04-2009, 07:05 PM
They do this the wrong way around. They should say the price is $140 but there is a $50 discount if you sign up before a certain date.

I can understand why people would be upset by it because it is a sharp increase but for years the club has preached about the advantages of signing up early and yet so many still prefer to wait until the season unfolds before committing.

And the same people cry each year when they sign up late, and their membership isn't ready for round one.

Go figure!

mighty_west
15-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Perfectly valid in my book.

Some of us buy our social club memberships every year regardless.

Others use it purely as a way of getting grand final tickets should we make it. If this is your intention, that's fine, but if you want to wait to see how we're going first, you'll pay a premium.

Agree 100%, i am also a SC member reagardless.

To me, it's like some people want their cake and eat it too.

G-Mo77
15-04-2009, 07:16 PM
To me, it's like some people want their cake and eat it too.

But why should I buy a SC Membership if I am never able to attend any Social Functions?

I went for the 18 gamer this year instead of SC because it makes more sense for me to buy that and attend away games rather than throwing my money away on something I don't need and I think it was cheaper than buying a SC 11 gamer.

I assume that I will have to upgrade this year to have access to GF tickets should they make it which I'll do in the next few days.

mighty_west
15-04-2009, 07:34 PM
But why should I buy a SC Membership if I am never able to attend any Social Functions?

I went for the 18 gamer this year instead of SC because it makes more sense for me to buy that and attend away games rather than throwing my money away on something I don't need and I think it was cheaper than buying a SC 11 gamer.

I assume that I will have to upgrade this year to have access to GF tickets should they make it which I'll do in the next few days.

Why would you? To have a guranteed GF ticket?

I can never attend the functions as well i live too far away, i just see the extra money going towards the club.

strebla
15-04-2009, 08:02 PM
As a single man I was always a social club member but with the wife and 2 boys I just can't afford to pay for us all to be social club members.Having said that I believe it should be SC renewal should get a discount and new members pay the premium.That way loyalty is rewarded and everyone has a good reason to auto renew.

firstdogonthemoon
15-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Social Club? Phooey. As far as I am concerned it is just an insurance policy that if (when) we make the grand final, I am guaranteed a ticket.

It is the best kind of insurance though, you only get a benefit if something good happens.

The Coon Dog
15-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Social Club? Phooey. As far as I am concerned it is just an insurance policy that if (when) we make the grand final, I am guaranteed a ticket.

It is the best kind of insurance though, you only get a benefit if something good happens.

Spot on FDOTM. I hope you claim this year.

aker39
15-04-2009, 09:22 PM

That is exactly how I sold it to my family. We have 12 memberships, and I convinced them all to be social club members by telling them to think of it as an insurance policy. They have all said they would pay up to $1000 to get a ticket to the GF, so why not give the money to the club.

In regards to the price increase. If you pay by 31st May there is no price increase. Simple as that. If you want to wait and see if we will be playing finals then, then you'll pay extra.

If it's a budget thing, then take it out at the start of the year and spread the payment over 12 months.

Our club has the cheapest membership category that guarantees you a GF ticket. At most other clubs it would cost you over $500 to guarantee yourself a GF ticket.

AndrewP6
15-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Upgraded last year to guarantee a GF seat if it happened..sadly didn't but anyway.. I most probably won't get to Social functions, as I live on the other side of town, but I am happy to contribute to the club in this way.... oh, and I love having lunch in the Victory Room prior to the game!...

azabob
15-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Upgraded last year to guarantee a GF seat if it happened..sadly didn't but anyway.. I most probably won't get to Social functions, as I live on the other side of town, but I am happy to contribute to the club in this way.... oh, and I love having lunch in the Victory Room prior to the game!...

What are the meals like?

AndrewP6
15-04-2009, 11:34 PM
[/B]

What are the meals like?

The times I've eaten there, they've been great. I've had butter chicken, fish and chips, curry.... You pay extra, but I reckon it's worth it (about $12) when you consider if you buy the rubbish at the food counters, you end up paying about ten bucks for badly cooked, half-cold rubbish. In the Victory Room, you get a good feed, proper cutlery (can't believe I just said that!) and seating in a comfy room. They often have players interviewed, and have a big screen of the ground on. I think it's good value!