PDA

View Full Version : 09 best and fairest

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 12:42 AM
who will win our best and fairest this year

who will be our biggest improver

and finally who will be our most important player they guide us to our 2 premiersip

Cyberdoggie
16-04-2009, 10:50 AM
My money is on Lake at the moment,

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 11:39 AM
I think Lake will win it, in outstanding form

Higgins is the obvious one for most improved, but Josh Hill and DFA are also playing great footy imo

As for most important player. Let shope Griff does what we all know he can, and also hope Conney comes back from this current knee problem fit and fireing !!

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Lake and griff early favourites for B&F and Higgins, Addison or Josh for most improved.

Most important Morris/Lake/Gilbee/Johnson... sorry I could keep going here...

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Lake our most important, without him i dont think we will win the flag.

B&F i think Boyd may take it this year as he is super consitent

Higgins most improved

and wood will be best first year player

comrade
16-04-2009, 12:09 PM

Might be difficult, this being his second year.

Cordy for best first year player for mine, with Roughy a chance.

soupman
16-04-2009, 12:58 PM
who will win our best and fairest this year

who will be our biggest improver

and finally who will be our most important player they guide us to our 2 premiersip

Firstly can you try and write proper sentences, so that we can read and understand them. The second half to the bottom sentence is atrocious, and many of your other posts are very similiar.

As for the questions:

At the moment Lake would be winning, but I think it will end up with a top 5 of Lake, Cross, Higgins, Griffen and Boyd, with Johnson, Gilbee, Hudson, Akermanis, Morris, Cooney and Shaggy making up the next few (I may as well have put down the entire side).

Our biggest improver so far is clearly Higgins. He's gone from being a useful forward to a possesion machine in our midfield that kicks goals. If he can keep that form up he's clearly our most improved, and could give the B & F a run (or even the Brownlow leaderboard). The other one I'm going to throw out there is Dylan Addison. He's gone from being a tough nut with average disposal to regularly getting a fair bit of the footy, and using it well. Very important part of our team. You could also make a case for Josh Hill, who has arguably been our most damaging forward to date.

Our most important? Well we need a lot to go right, and I'm doubtful one player is going to be the difference. The good thing about our side is that most players are fairly replaceable, the drop in quality from them to their replacement wouldn't be considerable. Looking at the guys who sat out on the weekend you wouldn't think Harbrow, Callan, Everitt, Murphy, Welsh or even Reid, Wood, O'Keefe or possibly Grant by the end of the season would hurt us that much should they come in for anyone except the stars: Griffen, Cooney and Lake.

Even Tommygun could conceivably be covered, but honestly if we are going to go all the way all but one of these players needs to be playing well in the seniors: Lake, Cooney, Griffen, Murphy, Johnson, Williams, Morris, Gilbee, Boyd, Cross, Hahn and Hudson, with any non-performers atleast covered by a similiar player playing to their expected standard of footy.

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Griffen best and fairest with Lake a close second.
Addison biggest improver.
I really think Hudson is our most important player, I dont know if a Minson/Skipper/Roughead combination would be as consistent or good enough to take on the better sides. It would rob us of Minson playing forward, and Hudson's 2nd and 3rd efforts are a real factor in our midfield performance.

IMO, lets go easy on spelling mistakes, sentence structure and incorrect spelling of players names etc. Each of us have differnet upbringings, levels of education, cultural backgrounds etc, lets show a little empathy. Judged by responses, we obviously can all understand the questions that were asked. If you want new members to continue posting, turn a blind eye.

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 05:01 PM
I really think Hudson is our most important player, I dont know if a Minson/Skipper/Roughead combination would be as consistent or good enough to take on the better sides. It would rob us of Minson playing forward, and Hudson's 2nd and 3rd efforts are a real factor in our midfield performance.

IMO, lets go easy on spelling mistakes, sentence structure and incorrect spelling of players names etc. Each of us have differnet upbringings, levels of education, cultural backgrounds etc, lets show a little empathy. Judged by responses, we obviously can all understand the questions that were asked. If you want new members to continue posting, turn a blind eye.

I agree, as I posted on the "Newbies" thread, I just want this forum to have intelligent posts where we all respect one another. I left another football forum because of smart and/or rude posts there I don't believe are necessary. We can all make mistakes in one form or another - let's be gentle and respectful with one another - after all, aren't we all on the same side? :)
So, to the question -

Best and Fairest - Griffin
Most Improved - Addison
Most Important Player - A fit and confident Tommy Williams

azabob
16-04-2009, 06:39 PM

Well said stevw9. I agree 100%. I have been wanting to say something along the same lines for sometime now, but haven't been able to find the right words.

The Coon Dog
16-04-2009, 06:45 PM
I left Big Footy to get away from all that!

The odd spelling error is not a problem, like wise sentence structure, but just plain laziness is. It's not that hard to start a sentence or a players name with a capital letter & it's not SMS here where people type 2 instead of to.

Some things are easy to turn a blind eye to, but if people are only going to post because they can get away with being lazy they'll soon find themselves on my iggy list.

Endeth the rant. ;)

hujsh
16-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Lake our most important, without him i dont think we will win the flag.

B&F i think Boyd may take it this year as he is super consitent

Higgins most improved

There's a certain man from the Western half of the country who believes we can't win with Lake as our FB IIRC

AndrewP6
16-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Speaking as a teacher, I just thought I'd put my two cents worth in on the issue of posts having perfect spelling/punctuation/grammar. Normally it's a pet hate, but here I don't think it should be the main issue. So long as we can read it, cut some slack. As another post said, we're on the same side! That said, I'm on Facebook, and hate people posting messages with "interesting" spelling (especially when I know they can spell!)

At this early stage, I'll say Lake for B&F (with Higgins a smoky), and Higgins for Most Improved...

Most important player for mine will be Griffen. Hopefully a breakout year for him.