PDA

View Full Version : Player Managers - Round #4

GVGjr
19-04-2009, 08:13 PM
So far we have the following people writing their reports this week and this could be an interesting one.

Ryan Hargrave - GVGjr
Ryan Griffen - YHF
Daniel Giansiracusa - Griffen#16
Easton Wood - Comrade
Tom Williams - Soupaman
Brian Lake - The Coon Dog
Daniel Cross - BulldogBelle
Robert Murphy - Bornadog
Ben Hudson - Mantis
Brad Johnson - BornInDroopSt'54
Jason Akermanis - hujsh
Shaun Higgins - WB Age
Dylan Addison - bulldogsman
Josh Hill - Alexxx
Mitch Hahn - EJ Smith
Dale Morris - MsBulldog
Andrejs Everitt - lemmon
Callan Ward - Rocket Science
Stephen Tiller - Alan Shorty
Jarrod Harbrow - Max469
Lindsay Gilbee - Sockeye Salmon
Adam Cooney - Scraggers
Matthew Boyd - Bulldog Revolution
Will Minson - DazB
Tim Callan - Bulldog

wb_age
19-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Shaun Higgins

20 odd touches, 4 goals.

Really was the our only shining light today, he stood up but the rest didn't seem to follow.
Solid effort.

GVGjr
19-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Shaun Higgins

20 odd touches, 4 goals.

Really was the our only shining light today, he stood up but the rest didn't seem to follow.
Solid effort.

Couldn't fault his effort today. He has gone from strength to strength this year.

The Coon Dog
19-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Brian Lake

Played in defence for most of the day. From what I could tell he was opposed to Quentin Lynch who kicked 3 on Brian. Brian went into the forward line in the last quarter & kicked a goal & a point.

Not one of his best displays, particularly when he failed to guard the mark (more intent on watching the fight develop upfield) & allowed a simple WC pass into the forward 50.

Having said all that, he wasn't the worst today, not by along way.

GVGjr
19-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Ryan Hargrave

Was one of the better contributors today and was trying to create some play with his run and carry. Stats wise he had 19 kicks, 6 handballs and 5 marks.

Scraggers
20-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Adam Cooney

Certainly wasn't our worst today and he didn't step foot on the ground ... could be playing next week

wb_age
20-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Adam Cooney

Certainly wasn't our worst today and he didn't step foot on the ground ... could be playing next week
You mustn't have watched Lou's handball this morning, got beaten by Roughy and didn't manage a single 10 pointer! :D

Scraggers
20-04-2009, 12:40 AM
You mustn't have watched Lou's handball this morning, got beaten by Roughy and didn't manage a single 10 pointer! :D

still better disposal than a few I saw today ;)

Bulldog Revolution
20-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Matt Boyd

Team high 30 possies
16 kicks 14 handballs
2 Goals
7 clearances
3 inside 50s
8 contested possies

I only saw the 2nd half on the box and Boyd did a lot of good things, but I dont know how much he responsibility he had directly for shutting down Kerr, as Kerr got a lot of it and was pretty damaging.

It is clear in the early part of the season that Boyd has elevated his game and his hands have been terrific

Sockeye Salmon
20-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Lindsay Gilbee

Was crap.

Probably the worst game Lindsay has played since Eade arrived. It didn't seem to matter where he went either, forward, back whatever, he still couldn't find it.

bornadog
20-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Lindsay Gilbee

Was crap.

Probably the worst game Lindsay has played since Eade arrived. It didn't seem to matter where he went either, forward, back whatever, he still couldn't find it.

That was one of our problems on the day and we had no drive out of defence.

hujsh
20-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Akermanis

Had 26 possies. Not quite with the same amount of influence as he would have liked IMO. Would give him a break this week with O'Keefe a good replacement for him. Though I'm hesitant in dropping someone with his footskills when Murph and Coon are out and Gilbee hasn't been as great a kick this year.

(AFL did it for us)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Griffen

Griffen like our midfield was not effective today. Kicked one very clever snap whilst being tackled which highlights his strength and poise, but other than a couple of other tackle breaking runs, it was not a good day for Griff.

Whilst he still gathered 24 touches, his disposal effectiveness at 71% was below that of the team's overall rate of 78%, and his lack of run ( a usual feature of his game) was highlighted by only 2 running bounces.
In fact his lack of run was symptomatic of our midfield in general during the game with our total being 14 (compared to West Coasts 21) running bounces.

Like his compatriots he needs to find his form quickly against a fast running Carlton.

Stats

K: 14
H/b: 10
Contested Possies: 10
Marks: 1
Goals: 1
Tackles: 1

Rocket Science
20-04-2009, 08:45 PM
CALLAN WARD - Round Four vs West Coast Eagles

*With four games under the belt Ward's weekly 2009 averages are disclosed in [red brackets], while in other categories season totals are in [bolded brackets].

Match Statistics:
- 12 Disposals [14] involving 6 kicks [7], 6 handballs [7], with 50% effectiveness [55%], ranked last amongst the chosen 22 for the 2nd time this season.
- 6 Contested possessions [6]
- 4 Marks [2], 1 contested
- 2 Tackles [2]
- 0 Clearances [2]
- 2 Inside-50's [3]
- 1 Rebound-50 [1]
- 1 goal [2], 0 goal assists [1]
- 0 frees for [6], 0 frees against [2]

Match Review:
In keeping with his use thus far this season, Ward played limited minutes off the bench in a midfield role and registered another largely uneventful outing, collecting the 4th fewest possessions amongst the chosen 22, and seeing his personal possession count slowly dwindle for the 4th week in succession, however he bobbed up for his second major of the season.

Despite his eagerness for contested ball, of some concern is Ward's disposal effectiveness which has ranked in the bottom quarter of the team for the fourth successive round (worst on the team on two occasions), and is likely to keep his minutes played to a relative minimum until this improves.

Depending on team form and with the likes of Reid, O'Keefe and Wood demonstrating solid VFL form as potential competitors for his position, it'll be interesting to see how long Ward can retain his senior spot before a stint at Williamstown is deemed necessary.

BornInDroopSt'54
20-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Brad Johnson
This manager missed the game, the local pub at Frankston no longer has Foxtel. I've read a lot of posts about the game and all the media reports.. bugger all about Johnno.. Which indicates that Johnno was conspicuous by his absence, which is disappointing seeing as the captain should go down with the ship, Johnno, you would hope, would draw on his skills and experience and rally the troops with some inspirational play.
I've gotta say that there is a lot of bitterness in the posts I've read in this forum about the game.
This bitterness is not reflected in the media's assessment of the game..Neither The Age or The Sun report that our team was negligent or deplorable,,, their reports are more along the lines of 'its understandable because of the two trips to WA, the demands of modern football etc. There is a thread on this forum that seems to want to use Eagleton as the scapegoat.

LostDoggy
20-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Tiller

His highlights were all hair-related. Some interesting blonde streaks not seen since early this century . Perhaps a sign of increased confidence.

Other than that, I thought he wasn't the worst and thought he might have been thrown forward at some point (and if he was, I was at the bar when that happened).

The Coon Dog
20-04-2009, 09:50 PM
This manager missed the game, the local pub at Frankston no longer has Foxtel.

There is a thread on this forum that seems to want to use Eagleton as the scapegoat.

Its nothing to do with Eagleton being a scapegoat. If you had of seen the game then might agree with those who thought his performance was poor!

LostDoggy
20-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Matt Boyd

Team high 30 possies
16 kicks 14 handballs
2 Goals
7 clearances
3 inside 50s
8 contested possies

I only saw the 2nd half on the box and Boyd did a lot of good things, but I dont know how much he responsibility he had directly for shutting down Kerr, as Kerr got a lot of it and was pretty damaging.

It is clear in the early part of the season that Boyd has elevated his game and his hands have been terrific

The only shining light besides Higgo for me.

Mantis
20-04-2009, 09:54 PM
I've gotta say that there is a lot of bitterness in the posts I've read in this forum about the game.
This bitterness is not reflected in the media's assessment of the game..Neither The Age or The Sun report that our team was negligent or deplorable,,, their reports are more along the lines of 'its understandable because of the two trips to WA, the demands of modern football etc. There is a thread on this forum that seems to want to use Eagleton as the scapegoat.

Blah Blah Blah.....

The Age & Herald Sun journalists do not have a vested interest in the Bulldogs games whereas posters on this forum do.

LostDoggy
20-04-2009, 10:06 PM
I agree with the journos in so far as it wasn't a bad loss at all. It is tough to win over there and we fought it out well. Losing no sleep over that loss whatsoever.

I like the Eagle but he is a bit like Graeme Hick - goes beautifully on a flat track when the spinners are on (Freo for eg). He's not to blame though.

Stevo
20-04-2009, 10:14 PM

I don't want to take this off track any further but you have got this right. Interesting that they guy that selects him is bullet proof by nearly all the same people that criticise and place the target right on Eagle.

LostDoggy
22-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Dale Morris

Thank goodness our settled back line turned up to play on Sunday, as they certainly had their work cut out for them the way the ball kept coming at them all afternoon. I only watched until half time (by choice) so can't say too much about Dale's performance except that he always put in his best effort. Always. The scoreline would have been uglier without Morris' and the other defenders' work ethic.

Stats:

Kicks - 10; Handballs - 10; Marks - 7; Tackles - 2

LostDoggy
22-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Sorry im late

Josh Hill
14 Possies (8 Kicks 6 Handballs)
3 Marks
1 Goal
1 Tackle

Josh played a decent game I thought...presented well as usual, I found he tried his best when the ball came down and he was one on one, I believe in one situation the boundary line beat him but also went up in a marking contest in the same quarter. Defenitely not our worst on ground, unless someone else thought so? I missed the 3rd quarter and bits of the second..

lemmon
22-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Everitt played well for Willi at CHB and is pushing hard for a spot.