PDA

View Full Version : Hotties & Notties w/ Rocco Jones: Round 4 edition

Rocco Jones
19-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the new and improved Hotties & Notties w/ Rocco Jones

Let me start with a re-cap of my formula:
- Most important factor: Last game they have played.
- Next most important factor: Last couple of games before that
- Next, next most important factor: Season in general
- Probably the most important factor when I come to think about it: Random rubbish that comes to mind the night I do it.
- Also, pretty important: Quality of YouTube videos the club puts out.

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070816/070816_efron_vemd_6p.widec.jpg

HOT

St.Kilda
4-0 and a percentage a touch over 200 means even Grant Thomas has to say something nice about Ross Lyon’s Saints. They have made both WA sides look like the Washington Generals, outscoring them by a combined total of 30 goals over the last 2 games. Montagna, Dal Santo and Goddard keep on tearing it up and Roo is back on track. They really seem to have a great balance between attack and defence. They also arguably have the best home ground advantage going around, which helps when they get to play there every week.

Gary Ablett Jnr (and Geelong)
A lazy 46 touches, 3 goals and 4 scoring assists for GBJ against the Crows to celebrate his 150th. Thanks for the 394 SuperCoach points skip. His teammates go alright as well, I cannot believe Joel Selwood is only 20 years old.

Port Adelaide
After two decent home ground performances and one horrible away one, the Hawks away was a huge test for Power and they passed with flying colours. Tredrea and Chad Cornes are back. Boak, Salopek and Pearce don’t get nearly as much hype as some starlet midfield fleets but they sure are impressive. Teal is the new navy blue.

--------------Hot/Not Equator---------------------------- (not drawn to scale)--------------------

Hawthorn
1-3 and the premiership hangover is officially on. Injuries have already hurt the Hawks and it looks like it will be the type of season where they lose a couple when they manage to get a couple back. Their defence looks very weak without Croad and Gilham and the loss of Guerra will hurt their drive.

Fremantle
0-4 and a percentage of 56. Their midfield and running depth is pathetic. Palmer has far too much responsibility and his disposal is being sadly exposed. The side’s disposal and lack of leg speed is glaring. They are chock full of list cloggers like Josh Head and Gilmore and just aren’t getting enough out of Sandilands and McPharlin. DHS should take Pav away from Freo. A very long season ahead and the sad thing is, they will probably waste their early pick. Oh, and their coach is Mark Harvey.

Richmond
Where do I start? Losing to Melbourne is like being dumped by the ugliest girl at school. They constantly turn it over in the wrong places and it’s hard to see how that will improve with the list being infested with poor disposers of the ball. On the flipside, I hear Nathan Brown's T-Shirt company is doing well.

NOT

http://www.realfooty.com.au/ffximage/2008/04/06/collWallace_gallery__299x400.jpg

BulldogBelle
19-04-2009, 09:34 PM
"Excellent work Rocco" you can add that onto the list of your quotes. :)

Gablett had an awesome game & wont forget his 150th in a hurry - he and Richo are my favourite non Bulldogs to watch play.

That pic of Wallet looks like he is praying for a win. Much as he annoys me, I actually felt sorry for him today.

firstdogonthemoon
19-04-2009, 10:47 PM
After Ben Hudson's beard, this is my favourite footy meme of the year so far.

The Pie Man
19-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Can't fault this weeks edition.

Nice ;)

Sedat
19-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Geelong had 40 inside 50's for 21 goals. Amazing efficiency. Adelaide actually played very well for large parts of the game and still lost by 8 goals on their own patch. Geelong has an amazing capability to score heavily in a short space of time.

LostDoggy
20-04-2009, 12:24 AM
I like your use of the comparison of losing to Melbourne to being dumped by the ugliest girl in school. It makes you glad Richmond isnt your friend.

Scraggers
20-04-2009, 12:28 AM
The worst thing is, I am actually starting to look forward to the Hottie and Nottie list each week.

Another intriguing effort Rocco :)

ledge
20-04-2009, 11:10 AM
How close were we into getting into the "notties"?
And as for the umpires, they must be close, its just getting more and more unworkable every week.
Love the work Rocco.

hujsh
20-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Carlton must be close.
Fev's kicking as well

Go_Dogs
20-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Good work again this week Rocco - enjoyable read.

bornadog
20-04-2009, 06:06 PM
All I can say is

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/24805BPThe-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excell.jpg

Remi Moses
20-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Anybody who feels one iota of sympathy for Wallace should be sentenced to a public stoning:rolleyes:

BornInDroopSt'54
20-04-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm a fan.
Your are my number one journalist, and I'm sad to say, my number one comedian. Funny is sad.
Like when the elephant sat on the man.

Rocco Jones
20-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Thank you all for the kind words, although I think it is mostly due to the picture of Zac Efron.

BulldogBelle
20-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Bulldogs Unleashed (18 Viewing)
WOOF welcomes - Mission Foods as the Bulldogs naming rights sponsor.
Today 08:38 PM
[total posts] 2,454

Last two numbers are hot

Scraggers
21-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Today 08:38 PM
[total posts] 2,454

Last two numbers are hot

Huh ?

hujsh
21-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Huh ?

The 54

Scraggers
21-04-2009, 02:26 PM
The 54

got the 54 part ... can you explain the rest ?

alwaysadog
21-04-2009, 02:42 PM
How close were we into getting into the "notties"?
And as for the umpires, they must be close, its just getting more and more unworkable every week.
Love the work Rocco.

We must have missed by the smallest margin.

Great work Rocco.

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Thank you all for the kind words, although I think it is mostly due to the picture of Zac Efron.

That's Zac Efron? I thought it was Nathan Brown.

hujsh
21-04-2009, 03:10 PM
got the 54 part ... can you explain the rest ?

That's just the unleashed intro, to show where he got the number

[total posts] 2,454

Should be threads i presume