PDA

View Full Version : Social Club?

The Adelaide Connection
20-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Hey all I am headed over for the game on Sunday and hold a membership with social club benefits and was just looking for some more info on what exactly that involves. It mentions there is something on in the victory room at Telstra dome?

Any info would be really appreciated. There is absolutely no information on the club website.

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 12:44 AM
The Victory room is on the ground floor. It is mainly just a bar with a big screen etc.
It might be an idea if those of us from WOOF with social club memberships pop in before the game for a drink and a chat.

I usually rush out the door after the game, but I think you can go in there afterwards? Can someone confirm or deny this?

AndrewP6
21-04-2009, 12:48 AM
I took the SC upgrade last season. I like it, a comfortable environment, value for money with a good feed, proper cutlery, no half-cold overpriced crap. They have players interviewed, and a big screen of the ground. I think it's good. Never tried after a game. Not sure if it's open then.

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 12:54 AM
I took the SC upgrade last season. I like it, a comfortable environment, value for money with a good feed, proper cutlery, no half-cold overpriced crap. They have players interviewed, and a big screen of the ground. I think it's good. Never tried after a game. Not sure if it's open then.

How long before the game starts do you get there?

AndrewP6
21-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Try to get there about an hour before. Messed up last week, got there late, but yeah, usually about an hour. Nice relaxing way to start the day, before the madness begins!

aker39
21-04-2009, 10:08 AM
The Victory Room is at Aisle 14/15 on Level 1.

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 10:28 AM
It's open after the game if we have won (thus the Victory Room). After a victory a couple of players and sometimes Rocket himself swing by to talk to the members (from the stage) and answer a few questions and sign a few autographs. This normally happens 20-30 minutes after the end of the game (after the players have their post-match address from the coach and shower and change).

Sometimes Smorgo drops by as well. It's usually just your usual q + a but there are sometimes some good insights to be had re: injuries and training loads.

The Adelaide Connection
21-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks for that. I intend to get along before the game for a beer (or a water depending on how the night before goes ;)) would be keen to catch up with any other forumites that are around.

craigsahibee
21-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for that. I intend to get along before the game for a beer (or a water depending on how the night before goes ;)) would be keen to catch up with any other forumites that are around.

But let's not make it a pre-arranged type get together because I believe the last time WOOF members did that was against Carlton at home last year, and we do not need to be reminded of how that day ended.:eek:

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 04:11 PM
I think Coon Dog has a WOOF sign that he can put up so we know where to find you all - doesn't have to be pre arranged - just whoever rocks up.

The Coon Dog
21-04-2009, 04:24 PM
I think Coon Dog has a WOOF sign that he can put up so we know where to find you all - doesn't have to be pre arranged - just whoever rocks up.

I did have, but sadly I don't anymore. Also, TCP plays footy on Sunday & won't finish until about 1.45pm so I won't be there until about 1/4 time.

If we had something like a WOOF cap it may be easier to identify one another.

craigsahibee
21-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I did have, but sadly I don't anymore. Also, TCP plays footy on Sunday & won't finish until about 1.45pm so I won't be there until about 1/4 time.

Or a Ben Hudson T-Shirt ;)

comrade
21-04-2009, 05:14 PM

Or Ben Hudson Beard Appreciation T-Shirts...

EDIT: Too slow

AndrewP6
21-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Or beards... :)

craigsahibee
21-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Or beards... :)

That's where I've seen that style of beard before. It was on sale to all of the women in the stoning scene of "The Life of Brian""

bornadog
22-04-2009, 12:33 PM
That's where I've seen that style of beard before. It was on sale to all of the women in the stoning scene of "The Life of Brian""

ZNeq2Utm0nU

LostDoggy
14-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Thought Id resurrect this one because I have a general social club query.

Is anyone dropping their social club next year? If we/you had the mindset of not making Top 4/Grand Final in the ends it's a (roughly) $100 donation to the club, not something I am too bothered about.

But besides the entry to the social club pre and after the game & grand final tickets it seems non-beneficial. There was a big event last year (or early this year?) which was very open (even without social club you could have gotten in) and could have been handled a lot better.

Why isn't there more social club events on? Would be nice to do that Herald Sun Panel Night every 6 months or so (we did one a couple years ago and it was brilliant) - but I know that would be involve Herald Sun participating aswell..

KT31
14-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Thought Id resurrect this one because I have a general social club query.

Is anyone dropping their social club next year? If we/you had the mindset of not making Top 4/Grand Final in the ends it's a (roughly) $100 donation to the club, not something I am too bothered about.

But besides the entry to the social club pre and after the game & grand final tickets it seems non-beneficial. There was a big event last year (or early this year?) which was very open (even without social club you could have gotten in) and could have been handled a lot better.

Why isn't there more social club events on? Would be nice to do that Herald Sun Panel Night every 6 months or so (we did one a couple years ago and it was brilliant) - but I know that would be involve Herald Sun participating aswell..

Yeh I have thought about dropping mine as we only make it down for one game and we wont make the GF.

bornadog
14-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I will keep mine going as a donation as I doubt we will make the GF.

I agree the club needs to give more value to social club members and organise events.

Greystache
15-10-2011, 01:40 AM
I didn't have one this year so I doubt I'll get one next year. I rang up in December and asked to attach it to my AFL membership account (i also buy a gold membership each year as a donation but don't use it because my mates can't sit with me), but was told I couldn't attach it until the AFL released the memberships to the clubs in March. I then rang up in March and was told I missed the cut off and if I wanted a social club it would now be $195 instead of $100. I said no thanks.

Of course I got a call asking why I hadn't renewed my membership this year and I was one of 7000 letting the club down, just as I had 3 out of the last 5 years.

LostDoggy
15-10-2011, 03:16 PM
I didn't have one this year so I doubt I'll get one next year. I rang up in December and asked to attach it to my AFL membership account (i also buy a gold membership each year as a donation but don't use it because my mates can't sit with me), but was told I couldn't attach it until the AFL released the memberships to the clubs in March. I then rang up in March and was told I missed the cut off and if I wanted a social club it would now be $195 instead of $100. I said no thanks.

Of course I got a call asking why I hadn't renewed my membership this year and I was one of 7000 letting the club down, just as I had 3 out of the last 5 years.

Gold.

cinder
15-10-2011, 05:34 PM
The Social Club event last year was free for social club members, who could bring 1 non SC member for $60.

KT31
16-10-2011, 01:39 AM
The Social Club event last year was free for social club members, who could bring 1 non SC member for $60.

As it stands the only benifit Social club membership ever come's into fruition is if we play in a GF.

LostDoggy
16-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Smorgo announced (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/122729/default.aspx) not long ago that they had come to terms with the Maribyrnong council about the Edgewater Social venue. Once that's up and running there will hopefully be more social club events and benefits. But won't be finished till end of 2012.

KT31
06-12-2011, 01:11 AM
And for interstate Social Club member we have ???
Only value if we play in a Gf.
After a discussion on the phone with the membership department, I decided to drop the Social Club part of my family membership only to be told how disappointing and how I would be letting the club down.
I explained I lived 7 hours drive from any ground and attended, if lucky, one or two games a year (last two years once in Canberra) and our membership is a donation.(which the Lionesses is anti paying).
And was still scoffed at.
Another thing a 15 year old still at school cannot be a junior member under a family ticket, yet is still three years to young to be drafted by an AFL club ?:mad:

AndrewP6
06-12-2011, 01:25 AM
After a discussion on the phone with the membership department, I decided to drop the Social Club part of my family membership only to be told how disappointing and how I would be letting the club down.
I explained I lived 7 hours drive from any ground and attended, if lucky, one or two games a year (last two years once in Canberra) and our membership is a donation.(which the Lionesses is anti paying).
Another thing a 15 year old still at school cannot be a junior member under a family ticket, yet is still three years to young to be drafted by an AFL club ?:mad:

They really said that? That's a disgusting way to treat a Club member.

bornadog
06-12-2011, 10:19 AM

The club was in the process of bringing the membership department back to the club instead of the shared services run by the AFL. I hope this is not how they are going to treat members.

Axe Man
30-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Does anybody know what time Barry Hall is meant to be in the Social Club on Sunday? This article states it will be after his lap of honour:
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/129743/default.aspx

Since his lap of honour will be about 12:30-12:40, surely he wont go into the Victory room after that, being so close to the start of the match? I'm hoping it will be after the match. Can anybody shed any light?