PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical team structure in 2011

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 02:33 PM
What will the team look like in 2011 (with exception to drafted/rookie players)

I have listed current player age, age in 2011, who will be retired/traded/delisted????

Player Name / Age in 2009 / Age in 2011

Addison 21, 24
Bouman 20, 23
Boyd 27, 30
Callan 25, 28
Cooney 24, 27
Cordy 19, 22
Cross 26, 29
Everitt 20, 23
Giansiracusa 27, 30
Gilbee 28, 31
Grant 20, 23
Griffen 23, 26
Harbrow 21, 24
Hargrave 28, 31
Higgins 21, 24
Hill 20, 23
Jones 18, 21
Lake 27, 30
Lynch 21, 24
Minson 24, 27
Morris 27, 30
Murphy 27, 30
O'Keefe 20, 23
O'Shea 20, 23
Picken 23, 26
Reid 20, 23
Roughead 19, 22
Stack 21, 24
Tiller 22, 25
Ward 19, 22
Williams 23, 26
Wood 20, 23

Traded/Delisted
Skipper 26, 29
Wight 24, 27

Retired
Akermanis 32, 35
Eagleton 31, 34
Hahn 28, 31
Hudson 30, 33
Johnson 33, 36
Welsh 31, 34

What does your best 22 plus emergencies look like?

For me:

O'Keefe Cordy Murphy
Harbrow Grant Giansiracusa
Ward Cross Higgins
Addison Everitt Gilbee
Morris Williams Lake

Roughead Cooney Griffen

Int: Reid, Hargrave, Minson, Hill,

Emergencies: Jones, Wood, Callan

To back up your team, what is the most crucial position that needs to be addressed within the draft for the next 3 years.
For me it's small crumbing forwards to be at the feet of Grant/Cordy.

bulldogtragic
21-04-2009, 02:41 PM
I love your enthusiasm.

But so much changes. GC17 could take one or two of those. LTI and a career ruined like Judas - he's 31 but people are ready to end his careet. We have young Libba and Wallis who look likely, we have a conga line of rookies in and out. We have enevitable trades like McMahon and Ray who if we did this two years ago would have featured.

I'm just confident enough to say we have a strong list now and that will develop and change for the better.

We need another ruck unless Shaw steps up. With Skip and Wight going a spot is free. Wallis and Libba if taken will add depth to the mids. With big talls down forward, perhaps another crumbing forward depending on Lynch. O'Shea i don't think will make the grade and Boumann still has questions so another tall back. And we have NSW rookies in Ogle and Jones to add to mids if they are any good, we have Fijians who will never be able to leave the country now.

So in order - Ruck, Crumbing forward, Tall Back - The rest will take care of itself.

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 05:52 PM
looking at that list our backline will almost all be over 30. I doubt the club would allow that happen. So I would say we would try and find Lake or Morris's replacement before then so they can develop while Lake+Morris etc. are still there. I didn't realise Tiller was so young. Lets hope he keeps developing.

Mofra
21-04-2009, 06:03 PM
You left out Pavlich ;)

Sockeye Salmon
21-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Cordy won't play FB

Why is everyone 3 years older in 2 years time?

AndrewP6
21-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Cordy won't play FB

Good question

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Cordy won't play FB

Because GC17 screws with the laws of the universe. An object travelling close to the speed of light increases proportionally in mass and inversely in time...

Isn't that what Einstein called them? "Special Laws". Can't think of a more apt description of the advantages given to GC17...

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't understand this thread.

You can't pick a team for 2011, when you haven't included upcoming draft picks.

azabob
21-04-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't understand this thread.

You can't pick a team for 2011, when you haven't included upcoming draft picks.

Whats not to understand? Your reviewing our current list and trying to identify what type of players we should draft in the up coming drafts.

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Whats not to understand? Your reviewing our current list and trying to identify what type of players we should draft in the up coming drafts.

Sorry misread the post :p

Dazza
21-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Tiller would be in my backline for sure.

hujsh
21-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Cordy won't play FB

You think he would have a backline of O'Keefe, Cordy, Murphy, Harbrow, Grant and Giansiracusa and a forward line of Addison, Everitt, Gilbee, Morris, Williams and Lake?

Give him some credit;)

Sockeye Salmon
21-04-2009, 10:21 PM
You think he would have a backline of O'Keefe, Cordy, Murphy, Harbrow, Grant and Giansiracusa and a forward line of Addison, Everitt, Gilbee, Morris, Williams and Lake?

Give him some credit;)

I'll cut The Adelaide Connection and Griffen16 some slack because they're foreigners, otherwise write the bloody teams the right way around.

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Do you reckon Minson would still be at the club as a 27 year old with Roughead + Cordy in the same team. If he was I'd be expecting him to be the #1 ruckman.

boydogs
21-04-2009, 11:18 PM
B: Morris Lake Hargrave
HB: Everitt Williams Gilbee
C: Griffen Cross Giansiracusa
HF: Higgins Grant Murphy
F: O'Keefe Cordy Hill

Fol: Roughead, Cooney, Boyd
Int: Picken, Addison, Minson, Tiller
Emergencies: Boumann, Wood, Callan

I have found a spot for Tiller, Boyd and Picken in the current side that should still be around at the expense of Ward, Harbrow and Reid

Drafts and trades to target replacing 30+ year olds Murphy, Boyd, Gia, Hargrave, Morris, Lake, Gilbee (good luck!) but pretty happy with the structure

LostDoggy
21-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Because GC17 screws with the laws of the universe. An object travelling close to the speed of light increases proportionally in mass and inversely in time...

Isn't that what Einstein called them? "Special Laws". Can't think of a more apt description of the advantages given to GC17...

I like the way you think! But even Einstein would have difficulty resolving the equations around the GC17 concessions.

I have found a spot for Tiller, Boyd and Picken in the current side that should still be around at the expense of Ward, Harbrow and Reid

Drafts and trades to target replacing 30+ year olds Murphy, Boyd, Gia, Hargrave, Morris, Lake, Gilbee (good luck!) but pretty happy with the structure

This works for me bar the omission of Ward, I think he will have a lot to offer in the years to come.

LostDoggy
22-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Cordy won't play FB

What a di*khead , apologies I started at 2012 and changed it to 2011 hence the two/three year stuff up..., but you all get the gist.

Sockeye, I chose to kick with the wind in the first quarter :) In future threads I'll ensure that team are listed in the appropriate direction.

bornadog
22-04-2009, 12:22 PM

I think Ward is going to be a gun, he is a tough nut that doesn't mind going in hard as well as taking them on. In a couple of years time he will have some valuable experience and really show us what he is made of.

I think the backline is too old and may be a Boumann will be a fullback? Tiller will devlop into a better backman and may cement a regular spot in the next couple of years.

Scorlibo
22-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Back - Morris - Lake - Addison

H Back - Everitt - Williams - Gilbee

Centre - Ward - Cross - Higgins

H For - Hill - Murphy - O'Keefe

For - Giansiracusa - Grant - Cordy

Foll - Hudson - Cooney - Griffen

Inter - Hargrave - Boyd - Minson - Reid

Emerg - Callan - Tiller - Roughead

Bookmark it. :)