WESTERN BULLDOGS v CARLTON

Western Bulldogs

B: Dylan Addison, Brian Lake, Tom Williams
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Dale Morris, Ryan Hargrave
C: Josh Hill, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jarrad Grant, Will Minson, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Shaun Higgins
I/C (from): Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Jarrod Harbrow, Guy O’Keefe, Liam Picken, Stephen Tiller, Callan Ward

In: Everitt, Grant, Murphy, O’Keefe
Out: Jason Akermanis (suspended)

New: Jarrad Grant (Dandenong U18), Guy O’Keefe (Geelong U18)

Carlton

B: Bret Thornton, Michael Jamison, Andrew Carrazzo
HB: Chris Johnson, Jarrad Waite, Paul Bower
C: Nick Stevens, Marc Murphy, Heath Scotland
HF: Jordan Russell, Simon Wiggins, Kade Simpson
F: Cameron Cloke, Brendan Fevola, Eddie Betts
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Chris Judd, Bryce Gibbs
I/C (from): Dennis Armfield, Steven Browne, Richard Hadley, Ryan Houlihan, Sam Jacobs, Aaron Joseph, Setanta O’hAilpin

In: Browne, Carrazzo, Jamison, O’hAilpin, Scotland
Out: Shaun Grigg (ankle), Mitch Robinson

G-Mo77
23-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Good to see Grant in the starting 18.

I think this will be our finalised bench too.

Guy O’Keefe, Liam Picken, Stephen Tiller, Callan Ward

The Adelaide Connection
23-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Eagleton, Picken, Tiller and Ward all played last week will any of these make way as one of the three that needs to be taken off the extended bench?

As I mentioned in the O'Keefe thread, would think Eagleton would be desperately unlucky if he was to make way if you consider all four games this year.

soupman
23-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Great to see Grant in the side.

Bench: Eagleton, Harbrow, Picken, Everitt

Ward rested, Tiller doesn't have an obvious matchup and O'Keefe unlucky.

Harbrow as an option for Betts and to give us some zip up forward in the absence of Akermanis, Eagleton because as Ad Connection said he's been good overall this year. Picken for a tagging role in the middle. Everitt to give more run off half-back and to make sure he stays involved with the senior side.

LostDoggy
23-04-2009, 06:11 PM
I hope Grant's debut will be as good as Dale Morris's (against Adelaide, great win), Dylan Addison (another game against Adelaide, awesome finish and win) and Liam Picken (shut down Boomer Harvey). Now I REALLY can't wait for this game!!!

Rocket Science
23-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Assuming Murph actually plays, I'm guessing Harbrow, O'Keefe, and one of Everitt or Ward miss out.

comrade
23-04-2009, 06:14 PM
That forward line looks 100% better with two genuine lead up forwards included.

bornadog
23-04-2009, 06:15 PM
That forward line looks 100% better with two genuine lead up forwards included.

We just need Minson to make his presence felt and I would be happy with that forward line.

Dazza
23-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Uhhh why does this game have to be played on a sunday again... Can't wait for this game.

bornadog
23-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Uhhh why does this game have to be played on a sunday again... Can't wait for this game.

Should be a full stadium again and we will get $1 per patron:mad:

Mantis
23-04-2009, 06:20 PM
We just need Minson to make his presence felt and I would be happy with that forward line.

And Johnson, Hahn & Gia who have all been below par the last couple of weeks. ( though Johnson did have an excuse last week)

bornadog
23-04-2009, 06:22 PM
And Johnson, Hahn & Gia who have all been below par the last couple of weeks. ( though Johnson did have an excuse last week)

True, I should have explained, Minson as the big forward crashing packs and then giving more opportunity to the Gias and Johnstons.

The Adelaide Connection
23-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Should be a full stadium again and we will get $1 per patron:mad:

I am going to take my lunch and with the $20+ I save I am going to put it towards something at the Bulldogs shop. I am not a tight arse but it really hits home when you break it down like that and i'd rather see the club get some extra money. Bloody Etihad.

Mantis
23-04-2009, 06:26 PM
True, I should have explained, Minson as the big forward crashing packs and then giving more opportunity to the Gias and Johnstons.

I know what you meant.

We do need Minson playing that the 'big tough guy' role, but we need all our forwards to be a danger to the opposition and not just one or two of them.

wb_age
23-04-2009, 06:27 PM
I am going to take my lunch and with the $20+ I save I am going to put it towards something at the Bulldogs shop. I am not a tight arse but it really hits home when you break it down like that and i'd rather see the club get some extra money. Bloody Etihad.
$20 gets you a training jumper down at the shop atm, there'es a bargain bin with signed training tops with numbers.

Rocket Science
23-04-2009, 06:28 PM
We do need Minson playing that the 'big tough guy' role, but we need all our forwards to be a danger to the opposition and not just one or two of them.

Absolutely, our whole game plan revolves around scoring by committee, and we're that much harder to knock over when we're doing it.

bornadog
23-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Absolutely, our whole game plan revolves around scoring by committee, and we're that much harder to knock over when we're doing it.

Therefore the midfield needs to fire up and get that ball into the forward line. God we miss Cooney.

bornadog
23-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Carlton also with seven on the bench.

Dazza
23-04-2009, 06:37 PM
On that $1 a head comment. Hasn't that just recently changed? I was under the impression we made roughly $150G from that richmond game. I remember seeing an article about it and it seems we'd be having to pay the stadium against Freo and West Coast but all other games we'd be making a nice profit.

The Adelaide Connection
23-04-2009, 06:41 PM
$20 gets you a training jumper down at the shop atm, there'es a bargain bin with signed training tops with numbers.

Cheers WB age, had my sights set on some new merchandise from the online store (just an excuse to spend more really) but I might get down and check them out too when I'm over.

The Adelaide Connection
23-04-2009, 06:45 PM
On that $1 a head comment. Hasn't that just recently changed? I was under the impression we made roughly $150G from that richmond game. I remember seeing an article about it and it seems we'd be having to pay the stadium against Freo and West Coast but all other games we'd be making a nice profit.

Yeah I have read the same but not sure if that has kicked in yet or it was just proposed. Anyone know?

LostDoggy
23-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Well done Grant, awesome news.

LostDoggy
23-04-2009, 06:49 PM

Don't know if this is the best place to post this, but was working from home yesterday morning before going down to the WO to park my car and take a train into the city around the time that the Dogs were finishing up from their morning session. Anyway...

... I nearly ran Crossy over.

He just stepped off the curb without looking! Lucky thing I was just looking at the boys coming out of the club and saw him in time. Could have been my imagination, but I swear Boydy gave me a little glare. Would have been weird reading in the paper that Crossy was going to miss games due to a broken foot, or that I inadvertantly derailed our premiership tilt this year! I thought it was inappropriate to ask for an autograph after that.

Happy Days
23-04-2009, 06:51 PM

Nope.

There's a deal in place in which we get paid a flat rate of $45,000 per game at Docklands, regardless of attendance.

Sedat
23-04-2009, 07:19 PM
No Tim Callan selected, pretty surprising. Possibly means Harbrow gets a reprieve and will pick up Betts.

Good to see Grant get a call-up. His inclusion in the starting 18 suggests to me that Murph might be a late withdrawal.

Dazza
23-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I know you shouldn't take everything said in the media for granted but it seems the deal we had ended in 2008. Here's the link... http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4669

Cyberdoggie
23-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Eagleton, Picken, Tiller and Ward all played last week will any of these make way as one of the three that needs to be taken off the extended bench?

As I mentioned in the O'Keefe thread, would think Eagleton would be desperately unlucky if he was to make way if you consider all four games this year.

true but he was bloody awful last week.

I suppose if they were going to drop him to make a point then they probably would of done that already.

The Pie Man
23-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Congratulations to Grant, I genuinely believe his speed, athleticism and 'dukes' (forgive the MMM speak) can see him succeed with us.

And while I'm confident of that, there's something nagging at me...and this guy was cruelled by injury so I don't mean this in a harsh sense at all (he could've been anything)

GIVE US MORE THAN TIM WALSH.....PLEASE!!!!!

LostDoggy
23-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Fev on the Footy Show just then
"Yeah.., uh, we'll win. We''ll win."

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, make him be very, very wrong. Arrogant wanker.

AndrewP6
23-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Fev on the Footy Show just then
"Yeah.., uh, we'll win. We''ll win."

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, make him be very, very wrong. Arrogant wanker.

Not a Fev fan either, but what'd you expect him to say? "Well, I'm not sure we'll get up this week"...even Fev isn't that silly...

LostDoggy
23-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Haha of course I don't expect him to be all "yeah, we're gonna lose this one", but my god, it's just his arrogance and smugness that makes him so annoying! He couldn't even give an explanation as to we'd lose. Maybe it took too much thinking.

AndrewP6
23-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Haha of course I don't expect him to be all "yeah, we're gonna lose this one", but my god, it's just his arrogance and smugness that makes him so annoying! He couldn't even give an explanation as to we'd lose. Maybe it took too much thinking.

Yeah, that'd require thought...and speech...possibly at the same time...and he's no good at multi-tasking! Good indication of how he's viewed by people - a bloke at work is a lifelong Blues supporter, and even he describes Fev as a "f***wit"....amongst other things!:)

Mofra
24-04-2009, 11:17 AM
As per the teamsheet on the Marngrook Footy Show, I'd like to congratulate Jarrod Grang on making his debut.

AndrewP6
24-04-2009, 09:41 PM
As per the teamsheet on the Marngrook Footy Show, I'd like to congratulate Jarrod Grang on making his debut.

I heard lots of positives about that show... checked it out last season a few times... didn't think it was that good really. Hate to admit it, but I prefer Sam Newman and Co.

bornadog
24-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Final Team (we think)

WESTERN BULLDOGS v CARLTON
Western Bulldogs
B: Dylan Addison, Brian Lake, Tom Williams
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Dale Morris, Ryan Hargrave
C: Josh Hill, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jarrad Grant, Will Minson, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Shaun Higgins
I/C: Nathan Eagleton, Jarrod Harbrow, Liam Picken, Callan Ward