Grant
Murphy

Out

Aker
Tiller

Mofra
24-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Just beat me.

Wonder if Murphy will play forward or back on the weekend?

G-Mo77
24-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Tiller? Very unlucky!

Rocco Jones
24-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Tiller? Very unlucky!

Match ups.

G-Mo77
24-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Match ups.

Yeah looks that way. Harbrow stayed in, he'll probably have to do some checking on Betts.

Happy Days
24-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Stevie T was named at FF last week.

Not neccesarily saying he spent the game there, but more that him as a tall defender is not a vital as one would think.

Sockeye Salmon
24-04-2009, 06:03 PM
If Lake takes Fev and Williams takes Kruezer, who takes Cloke? Morris would seem a waste.

This tells me that Morris will take Fevola and Lake will either play on Cloke or hang loose (same thing, really).

Mofra
24-04-2009, 06:08 PM
If Lake takes Fev and Williams takes Kruezer, who takes Cloke? Morris would seem a waste.

Murphy? Addison might be a chance, hard at the contest & can run off. I'd hope Hargrave isn't playing out of his weight division again.

I'm not sure if Cloke & Kreuzer will spend too much time in the Calrton forwardline together, but Waite might.

Mantis
24-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Murphy? Addison might be a chance, hard at the contest & can run off. I'd hope Hargrave isn't playing out of his weight division again.

I'm not sure if Cloke & Kreuzer will spend too much time in the Calrton forwardline together, but Waite might.

Is it ok for Addison to fight out of his weight division, but not Hargrave?

I don't think we want any of our defenders giving away height & weight.

bulldogtragic
24-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Play Murphy, Johnson, Grant and Minson down forward and see what the Carlton backline is made of.

Grant could get a fourth grade tall - Could give him a great opportunity to kick a few.

Sockeye Salmon
24-04-2009, 06:14 PM

Didn't think of Waite.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Hahn is very lucky to be playing.

Few others are probably a little, too.

The forward line of Minson, Johnson, Hahn and Gia need to put in a much better performance than they have for the early part of this year.

Rocco Jones
24-04-2009, 06:17 PM

This tells me that Morris will take Fevola and Lake will either play on Cloke or hang loose (same thing, really).

As I said in the other thread, I would love Carlton to play 3 talls. If anyone is close to being as viable an option as Lake on a dangerous forward, I would free up Lake. Fev is more explosive/lead type than power forward, which suits Morris. Lake on Cloke would be a dream match up.

The Underdog
24-04-2009, 06:20 PM

One of Kreuzer or Cloke will be in the ruck most of the time. I can't see too often when they'll go that tall leaving only Setanta who can play in the ruck (and that's a pretty poor 3rd option plus he may be needed down back). Leaves Morris and Shaggy to take Wiggins and Betts between them.

LostDoggy
24-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Who are the ins and outs for carlton?

Mantis
24-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Didn't think of Waite.

Who takes him? It looks as thought there is no match-up in defence for him so he will probably play a floating role.

Mantis
24-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Who are the ins and outs for carlton?

Carlton
B: Bret Thornton, Michael Jamison, Andrew Carrazzo
HB: Chris Johnson, Jarrad Waite, Paul Bower
C: Nick Stevens, Marc Murphy, Heath Scotland
HF: Jordan Russell, Simon Wiggins, Kade Simpson
F: Cameron Cloke, Brendan Fevola, Eddie Betts
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Chris Judd, Bryce Gibbs
I/C: Dennis Armfield, Ryan Houlihan, Aaron Joseph, Setanta O’hAilpin,
Emg: Steven Browne, Richard Hadley, Joe Anderson

In: Carrazzo, Jamison, O’hAilpin, Scotland
Out: Shaun Grigg (ankle), Sam Jacobs (thigh), Mitch Robinson, Richard Hadley,

The Underdog
24-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Who takes him? It looks as thought there is no match-up in defence for him so he will probably play a floating role.

He's pretty settled at CHB and hasn't really performed down forward as well as he has there. I think he'll probably keep his position and pick up Murphy and try to play his usual role.

LostDoggy
24-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Is O'Halpin there to give them a kick start? He is a dud, but I bet he plays well against us.
I thought Hadley was suppose to be a star

bulldogtragic
24-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Is O'Halpin there to give them a kick start? He is a dud, but I bet he plays well against us.
I thought Hadley was suppose to be a star
Hadley is in the Fab 4. Dont you know nuthin? :)

LostDoggy
24-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Looking at the Carlton line up, we should beat them. So many overated players there.

LostDoggy
24-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I rate Jordan Russell and think he could do some damage on Sunday. Hard working, strong bodied and dangerous over head.

BulldogBelle
24-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Looking at the Carlton line up, we should beat them. So many overated players there.

Agree, we are also a much more senior and seasoned team that them

If there is one thing that brings me joy, its beating that arrogant mob

hujsh
24-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Hadley is in the Fab 4. Dont you know nuthin? :)

Judd, Murph, Gibbs and Stevens IIRC

bulldogtragic
24-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Judd, Murph, Gibbs and Stevens IIRC
Some had Hadley taking the number 4 spot, obviously because he and Stevens are soooo good....

LostDoggy
24-04-2009, 08:03 PM
The Carlton selectors are clowns.
First they don't play Scotland for 2 rounds and clearly needed him after the first and now they drop Hadley?

LostDoggy
24-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Aw c'mon Eagleton is still playing!!!!! Inconceivable!!!;)

Desipura
25-04-2009, 10:51 AM
I rate Jordan Russell and think he could do some damage on Sunday. Hard working, strong bodied and dangerous over head.

Jordan Russell is a soft unaccountable footballer who is built like tarzan but plays like Jane. There would be 12 other players I would be more worried about

Cyberdoggie
25-04-2009, 11:59 AM

Morris or Williams should definately get Fev.

Lake struggles with Fev and his leading out.

If Fev gets a dozen shots on goal then we won't win, it will mean that our midfield are getting smashed.

Cyberdoggie
25-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Aw c'mon Eagleton is still playing!!!!! Inconceivable!!!;)

HeHe, i feel the same.

I still think there will be a late change though, perhaps Murphy won't come up, and Johnny O'Keefe might get his first game.

Happy Days
25-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Jordan Russell is a soft unaccountable footballer who is built like tarzan but plays like Jane. There would be 12 other players I would be more worried about

Isn't he part of the "re-invented in a run-with role" club?

Sockeye Salmon
25-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Isn't he part of the "re-invented in a run-with role" club?

No. He's in the "I'm a hack who can't kick" club.

Mofra
25-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Is it ok for Addison to fight out of his weight division, but not Hargrave?

I don't think we want any of our defenders giving away height & weight.
Try to think about it a little.

If Carlton stack their forward line with talls one of our defenders will be fighting outside of their weight division regardless.

I'd rather it be Addison who is the toughest guy we have (pound for pound).

Happy Days
25-04-2009, 02:06 PM
No. He's in the "I'm a hack who can't kick" club.

I think those two clubs are one and the same.

The Underdog
25-04-2009, 02:13 PM

I'm sick of this constant vilification of Jane's footballing abilities. While not the most talented player she gave her all every time she stepped out not like the vastly overrated Tarzan who played well early on in his career then slacked off living off of the reputation he'd built.
As for Jordan Russell he's a reasonable footballer with poor foot skills.

Mantis
25-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Try to think about it a little.

If Carlton stack their forward line with talls one of our defenders will be fighting outside of their weight division regardless.

I'd rather it be Addison who is the toughest guy we have (pound for pound).

If they stack their forwardline Morris should play on Fevola (probably should anyway) which would allow Lake & Williams to pick up Cloke and Waite.

Mofra
25-04-2009, 02:24 PM
If they stack their forwardline Morris should play on Fevola (probably should anyway) which would allow Lake & Williams to pick up Cloke and Waite.
Hopefully that's what they do, but they do have Kreuzer who can go forward & is mobile whilst Jacobs stays in the ruck.
They may try to stretch us, and if they do I'd be tempted to put the height mis-match at Cloke's feet as he appears to be the least dangerous out of Fev, Kreuzer, Waite and himself.

Mantis
25-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Hopefully that's what they do, but they do have Kreuzer who can go forward & is mobile whilst Jacobs stays in the ruck.
They may try to stretch us, and if they do I'd be tempted to put the height mis-match at Cloke's feet as he appears to be the least dangerous out of Fev, Kreuzer, Waite and himself.

Jacobs isn't playing, out with a thigh injury.

Mofra
25-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Jacobs isn't playing, out with a thigh injury.
Good, helps us. Hopefully we can monstor Kreuzer at the bounce to negate his run around the ground.

hujsh
25-04-2009, 03:58 PM

If Kreuzer and Cloke are forward who rucks? Is O'Halpin their backup?

Rance Fan
25-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Ive heard from a source that Hahn is out. Not sure if its cos of form or injury. I think he has been carrying an injury, hence why he hasnt been playing at his best.
If my infos true Murph and Grant will need to fire 1st up.

Happy Days
25-04-2009, 05:44 PM
If Kreuzer and Cloke are forward who rucks? Is O'Halpin their backup?

They both wouldn't be forward at the same time.

hujsh
25-04-2009, 06:06 PM
They both wouldn't be forward at the same time.

I guess they'll struggle to stretch us then.

BulldogBelle
25-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Ive heard from a source that Hahn is out. Not sure if its cos of form or injury. I think he has been carrying an injury, hence why he hasnt been playing at his best.
If my infos true Murph and Grant will need to fire 1st up.

If thats correct then Mr O'Keefee may make his debut

Forward for a forward

MrMahatma
26-04-2009, 04:23 AM
If thats correct then Mr O'Keefee may make his debut

Forward for a forward
Welsh definitely no chance?

dogman
26-04-2009, 10:21 AM
If Hahn doesn't play then they would have Grant and Murphy up forward so they will bring in Everitt or Tiller to play in defence.