Jarrod Harbrow - Max469
Lindsay Gilbee - Sockeye Salmon
Adam Cooney - Scraggers
Matthew Boyd - Bulldog Revolution
Will Minson - DazB
Tim Callan - Bulldog

Scraggers
26-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Adam Cooney looked good sitting in the coaches box ... he would have looked better out on the ground ...

Hopefully next week

LostDoggy
26-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Hold your head up high Josh Hill

Another great performance from him..this kid keeps on going and going even when we we're out of it, very happy with how he handles himself. Made a particular mistake in the 3rd qtr? today..but followed it up with a very hard tackle instead of doing nothing

soupman
26-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Tommygun

Don't know his stats, but had a very average game. Was playing on Waite, and had an atrocious second quarter where he left his opponent 50m clear in the goalsquare and showed a complete lack of awareness by getting run down from behind amongst other things.

He followed Waite forward in the third term, but was soon switched with Lake. It was then at the last bit of the third quarter where he provided some run and rebound for his only good patch, before struggling in the fourth as well.

wb_age
26-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Shaun Higgins

Received virtually no support today.

However he can hold his head up high, along with Josh Hill were the only one's who had a real dip.

bornadog
26-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Bob Murphy

I actually missed the game today due to attending daughters sports event in Warrnambool, only to find it cancelled so listed on the radio on the way back. (last clash with footy for the year wooohoooo)

Murphy had 8 kicks 5 handballs and two goal assists, which is about what I would expected him to have given he was coming back from injury. I think he will start to show us something from next week.

The Coon Dog
26-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Brian Lake

Missed the first quarter & a half as TCP played footy & his game finished at 1.55pm. Listened to the radio as I a) drove in & b) thawed out somewhat.

I gather Brain Leak (than Mr. Cometti) was opposed to Cameron Cloke? At one stage I saw him up against Jared Waite.

All in all, not a great one from Briza. Went forward & took 2 terrific contested marks (hope Will watched & took notes), the first about 25 metres out on an angle whivh he missed, but it was the second one which had Rocket doing handstands & cartwheels in the coaches box.

26 points down, approaching 3/4 time & Brian takes a mark about 12 metres out directly in front. Now, we all know Rocket (& the rest of us) cringe when Brian kicks off one step; well he tried the handball equivalent by trying to handball to an unguarded Gia in the goalsquare, but stuffed the handball up & Carlton took it the length of the field, fortunately they only scored a point.

A huge momentum shift. I had the binoculars on Rocket as he approached the players at 3/4 time. No guesses for who he made a beeline to.

Rocket Science
27-04-2009, 03:27 AM
CALLAN WARD - Round Five vs Carlton Blues

For comparative purposes 2009 weekly averages (excluding the current round) are , while season totals are in [B][bolded brackets].

Match Statistics:
- 8 Disposals [14] involving 3 kicks [7], 5 handballs [7], with 63% effectiveness [55%], ranked 17th amongst the chosen 22.
- 4 Contested possessions [6]
- 0 Marks [2]
- 5 Tackles [2]
- 1 Clearance [2]
- 3 Inside-50's [3]
- 0 Rebound-50's [1]
- 0 goals [2], 0 goal assists [1]
- 2 frees for [8], 0 frees against [2]

Match Review:
Ward did bugger all versus Carlton...but he's young, he'll learn, 200 gamer, yadda yadda.

Was a non-factor in the broader contest, while upholding his trend of gathering progressively fewer disposals for the 5th consecutive week.

While he may not be alone, both his personal form and his spot in the 22 are likely to face serious scrutiny this week with the side in desperate need of more substantial contributions from its members.

Bulldog Revolution
27-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Matt Boyd

26 touches, 14 kicks, 12 handballs

One of the few who can hold there head high. Kicked two nice goals, one on the run, one set shot. Spent a lot of time matched up on Judd and did a pretty good job.

Sockeye Salmon
27-04-2009, 01:04 PM
This is what I wrote last week about Lindsay

Lindsay Gilbee

Was crap.

Probably the worst game Lindsay has played since Eade arrived. It didn't seem to matter where he went either, forward, back whatever, he still couldn't find it.

This week was worse.

bornadog
27-04-2009, 02:06 PM
This is what I wrote last week about Lindsay

This week was worse.

Was tagged heavily and didnot like it.

LostDoggy
27-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Dale Morris

Was on Fevola all day who kicked 3 (I think he missed one set shot as well). Another tough day for Morris with little help from the middle field. Did his job as usual and didn't drop his head.

Stats:

Kicks - 1; Handballs - 5; Marks - 2; Tackles - 1

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Ryan Griffen.

I haven't seen this weeks game, only heard it on radio, so I can't really give much comment except to say that by the sound of it, Griff like the majority of our players this week had very little influence.

Given how much drive Carlton had from their defense and midfield, Griff's 20 odd possessions were of little influence.

Apart from one goal, it was a dismal day for Ryan and the 3rd week in a row he has had little impact on the game.

Not good enough in my opinion for one of the most naturally gifted players in the team. Hopefully with Coons coming back shortly he will have some support and hopefully provide more than what he's showing currently.

His trademark run and bounce has been missing and him recapturing this next week is vital for our chances of scoring what would be an upset win against a rampaging St Kilda.

Does anyone who was at the game or has watched the replay know which Carlscum player was nominally on Griffen during the game? Was he being heavily guarded?

BornInDroopSt'54
27-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Brad Johnson
In the first quater, I worried that the game had passed him by and he looked like an old man. However he lifted when playing upfield and was a good linking player, able to find space regularly. He somehow finished with four goals, two in junk time.
He obviously lifted like a good captain, to try and lift his team in a crisis, but ultimately he was impotent.