PDA

View Full Version : Hotties & Notties w/ Rocco Jones: Round V edition

Rocco Jones
26-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Yes, I use Roman numerals now and once again, it's not just about this week's games.

This week's edition was very difficult due to Freo and Richmond abandoning their roots for the sake of four points, it reminded me of the movie ''The Gods Must Be Crazy". Thankfully, the Saints and the team Gary Ablett Jnr plays for stayed true.

http://www.reelfilm.com/images/gods1.jpg
A scene from "The Gods Must Be Crazy". This picture symbolises my surprise at Richmond and Freo both winning in Round 5.

http://www.scootercommunity.com.au/blogs/my_life_as_a_scooter/mg.jpg
A nice picture of Megan Gale. I saw her in the Captain's Bar after the game. While she isn't as pretty as Jennifer Hawkins, she is probably a bit better than the average patron. Andy was also there, but Hamish wasn't. Very odd.

HOT

St.Kilda
5-0 and a percentage of 211.8 means they are hotter than Zac Efron if he lived on the sun. These guys truly have the balance between attack and defence down pat at the moment. Whether it’s in wet conditions at Football Park or under the roof at Docklands (yeah that’s right, I am not calling them by their sponsor’s names, take that whitey!) the Saints are looking the real deal.

Gary Ablett Jnr (and Geelong)
Compared to last week, little Gazza was a little down with only 42 touches and 2 goals (one absolute gem) but i will forgive the boy and keep him in the hotties list. I really felt for the Lions today. A cold, rainy day at Kardina Park against the Cats, would any of you though any less of them if they called a forfeit, packed their bags and got the first flight back to Bris Vegas?

Carlton
I know a few hate it when I put them in the hotties list and will say hurtful things like "if you love them so much, why don't you marry them?" but that's silly and I thought they were very impressive today. Judd was down and Fev wasn’t great but Kreuzer, Murphy, Gibbs and Simpson all stepped up to the plate. Kicking 21 goals with only 3 coming from Fev is massive for a side that has been overly reliant on his contribution. It’s a super even comp outside the Cats and the Saints at the moment and a top four finish is there for the taking.

--------------Hot/Not Equator---------------------------- (not drawn to scale)--------------------

Collingwood
How, oh how, did they lose that game? You let the ANZACs and their spirit down Collingwood, shame on you!

Western Bulldogs
Two losses in a row and we are back in the pack. Our 3 wins have come against bottom 5 teams and we have an enormous test against the Saints next week. As obvious as it sounds, our forward line structure is a massive worry and we will always struggle against quality sides that don’t let our midfield walk it inside 50. It wasn’t all bad, Megan Gale sat near our table in the bar after the game.

North Melbourne
There’s no better way of making the notties list than losing to the Tiggers. Losing Boomer to a long term injury is obviously going to hurt big time. The footy they played in their two wins this year was not very impressive and they have put in two shockers over the last three weeks.

NOT

http://www.themercury.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2008/12/03/joffa-story.jpg

The Coon Dog
26-04-2009, 11:36 PM
The weather was not hot today either.

bulldogtragic
26-04-2009, 11:36 PM
"Rocco Jones has created the best ever thread"

bulldogtragic
26-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Just for having a sense of humour????

Gives false hope to every man in the universe.

boydogs
26-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Maybe its my bitterness talking with the Dogs being below the Hot/Not Equator, but I feel the need to correct you - V is 5 in roman numerals, X is 10

bulldogtragic
26-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Maybe its my bitterness talking with the Dogs being below the Hot/Not Equator, but I feel the need to correct you - V is 5 in roman numerals, X is 10
I shall let Rocco correct you.

Sedat
26-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Western Bulldogs[/COLOR]
Two losses in a row and we are back in the pack. Our 3 wins have come against bottom 5 teams and we have an enormous test against the Saints next week. As obvious as it sounds, our forward line structure is a massive worry and we will always struggle against quality sides that don’t let our midfield walk it inside 50
Our forward line has been dysfunctional for the best part of the season - Hahn and Minson are slowly but surely playing themselves into Williamstown calculations.

Rocco Jones
26-04-2009, 11:50 PM

Oh how silly am I? I was thinking don't write X, it's V like Rocky V, the one where Rocky had a protege called Tommy Gunn, then his protege got all arrogant and very rude and disrespectful to Rocky and it ended with Rocky having a street fight against Tommy. The worst of all the Rocky movies.

Please change my title moderators.

Rocco Jones
26-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Our forward line has been dysfunctional for the best part of the season - Hahn and Minson are slowly but surely playing themselves into Williamstown calculations.

Agreed, but I could hardly say that when we were hotties.

BulldogBelle
26-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Oh how silly am I? I was thinking don't write X, it's V like Rocky V, the one where Rocky had a protege called Tommy Gunn, then his protege got all arrogant and very rude and disrespectful to Rocky and it ended with Rocky having a street fight against Tommy. The worst of all the Rocky movies.

Please change my title moderators.

Don't worry, I have changed it on the thread title from an "X" to a "V". :)

Rocco Jones
26-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Don't worry, I have changed it on the thread title from an "X" to a "V". :)

Oh, you are very lovely. If there was a hotties & notties list of moderators, you would be right at the top of the hotties. I won't even say where TwoDogs would be.

Scraggers
27-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Oh, you are very lovely. If there was a hotties & notties list of moderators, you would be right at the top of the hotties. I won't even say where TwoDogs would be.

Flattery will get you everywhere Rocco

Pembleton
27-04-2009, 02:58 AM
Rocky IV is by far the worst of all the Rockys, and is possibly the worst of all the pieces of crap that make up Sly's acting career (Judge Dredd the exception obviously). For being so out of touch in the world of ranking Rocky movies, Rocco should add himself to the Notties list.

Bulldog Revolution
27-04-2009, 08:33 AM
I would have been inclined to have the Swans in there before Collingwood

Other than that a good summary of the round

Rocco Jones
27-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Rocky IV is by far the worst of all the Rockys, and is possibly the worst of all the pieces of crap that make up Sly's acting career (Judge Dredd the exception obviously). For being so out of touch in the world of ranking Rocky movies, Rocco should add himself to the Notties list.

I think you appreciated the geopolitical nature of Rocky IV.

Fair enough on Rocky's part to prove to the Russians that communism is bad via a boxing match.

Rocco Jones
27-04-2009, 11:29 AM
I would have been inclined to have the Swans in there before Collingwood

Other than that a good summary of the round

Yeah I was thinking the Swans but just missed out for a few reasons:
- Traveled to Subi
- I watched more of the Collingwood game
- I dislike Collingwood more than Sydney
- I forgot about Sydney when I did the list

Rocco Jones
27-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Oh, I added to my original post. I really wanted to add the picture when I heard Freo and Tigers both won but forgot to. I have a cold atm.

Bulldog Revolution
27-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Yeah I was thinking the Swans but just missed out for a few reasons:
- Traveled to Subi
- I watched more of the Collingwood game
- I dislike Collingwood more than Sydney
- I forgot about Sydney when I did the list

Fair call,

Malthouse definitely deserved to be part of the list with that rubbish he was sprouting out of the game - so it either had to be Collingwood or Mick on the list

firstdogonthemoon
27-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh I'm confused. I don't know whether to read Hotties and Notties here or OVER THERE in the OTHER PLACE. Some people are trying to have their cake and eat it too and I don't know if I like it. Floozy.

Very funny this week regardless. Did you really sit next to Megan Gale? Oh crap! I sat next to a carlton supporter and then went home after getting stuck on the train.

That will teach me.

Rocco Jones
27-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh I'm confused. I don't know whether to read Hotties and Notties here or OVER THERE in the OTHER PLACE. Some people are trying to have their cake and eat it too and I don't know if I like it. Floozy.

Very funny this week regardless. Did you really sit next to Megan Gale? Oh crap! I sat next to a carlton supporter and then went home after getting stuck on the train.

That will teach me.

I am just trying to spread the word, WOOF is still Mecca. You definitely should read and reply to it here.

Megan Gale was sitting on the table right near us. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to be into the funny guy type.

Mofra
27-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Megan Gale was sitting on the table right near us. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to be into the funny guy type.
I heard Andy can't draw. At least, he can't draw animals. Maybe she's into guys who like to draw animals. Cartoon animals.

I've been busy converting two women away from Carlton (one to the Dogs). What have the rest of you slackers been doing?

The Underdog
27-04-2009, 02:42 PM
I am just trying to spread the word, WOOF is still Mecca. You definitely should read and reply to it here.

That's why she's with that Andy guy then...Boom boom..

*Punchline brought to you by The Underdog, undermining subtlety since 1975

GVGjr
27-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Rocco, I would have included David Zaharakis efforts as one one of the hotties this week.
How many youngsters get to play for the club they supported as a kid and actually kick the winning goal?

Rocco Jones
27-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Rocco, I would have included David Zaharakis efforts as one one of the hotties this week.
How many youngsters get to play for the club they supported as a kid and actually kick the winning goal?

Yes I would have included him as well but only the 16 AFL clubs and Gary Ablett Jnr are eligible. Maybe I will look at changing the formula I use but it is an exhausting and long process.

Curly5
27-04-2009, 09:12 PM

It worked for me ( the first part, not Megan Gale). :o I read it "over there" and came straight "over here". And went through the site and read the previous Hotties/Notties threads. You're on a winner here, Rocco.

Sorry I replied "over there", should I delete it?

Curly5
27-04-2009, 09:14 PM

And how difficult, yet satisfying, is it to yell "Za - ha - rakis!"

craigsahibee
27-04-2009, 09:14 PM
More Megan please.

Rocco Jones
27-04-2009, 09:37 PM
The all time post record for Hotties & Notties w/ Rocco Jones!

I would like to thank all the little people who have made it all work. I remember way back when I started this crazy little segment. Who would have known it could have generated almost 30 replies!

I want to thank my mum and dad, my partner, my friends and as an agnostic, potentially thank God.

Celebrate good times!

http://pumapac.org/wp-content/themes/thesis/rotator/fireworks.jpg

comrade
27-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I heard Andy can't draw. At least, he can't draw animals. Maybe she's into guys who like to draw animals. Cartoon animals.

I've been busy converting two women away from Carlton (one to the Dogs). What have the rest of you slackers been doing?

I bought a green Ben Hudson shirt.

azabob
28-04-2009, 01:47 PM

I think it was also his first goal in AFL?