PDA

View Full Version : Wallace?

LostDoggy
30-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Anyone else read that Wallace, who signed a 5 year deal when he joined the Tiges, and talked up the Tigers chances and how he needed 5 years to build the team into a premiership contender.
Well Wallace has now moved that time frame out another 5 years?This effectively spells the death of his original 5 year plan and buys him another 5 years.
I also listened to Eade the other day who said some of the players were a little surprised to read how he and Clayton assembled such a good list.Was this the same list that he couldn't take any further?

alwaysadog
31-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Anyone else read that Wallace, who signed a 5 year deal when he joined the Tiges, and talked up the Tigers chances and how he needed 5 years to build the team into a premiership contender.
Well Wallace has now moved that time frame out another 5 years?This effectively spells the death of his original 5 year plan and buys him another 5 years.
I also listened to Eade the other day who said some of the players were a little surprised to read how he and Clayton assembled such a good list.Was this the same list that he couldn't take any further?

He can't let go and uses us to take the focus off the team he is coaching. I've got no energy left to waste on an ex coach who constantly wants to rewrite history and at the same time to write himself into our expected future successes. Next the sun will be needing to ask his permission to rise in the morning. We've got over him it's time he moved on too.

Say goodbye to Wallywood.

BulldogBelle
31-03-2007, 01:53 PM
He can't let go and uses us to take the focus off the team he is coaching.

Seems that way, I can just imagine what he will write when we win a Premiership, It will probably be a 4 page article in the Sun, telling the readers how he figured in it all. :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
31-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Just when thoughts of Wallace as our ex-coach begin to recede in my mind - he goes and mentions his connection with or his opinion of the Bulldogs. That's what I find really irritating now. Is there another coach in the league that bangs on about their past club like Wallace does?

BulldogBelle
31-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Is there another coach in the league that bangs on about their past club like Wallace does? Not that I am aware of or can remember.

bornadog
31-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Yes Eade said that several senior players were not happy with Wallaces comments. They said to Eade he has a cheek to try and claim our success due to him, yet he didn't have the vision to stay on and develop the team. No time for Wallet I am afraid.

alwaysadog
31-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Is there another coach in the league that bangs on about their past club like Wallace does?

Depends what you mean. The one I think of who outdoes Wallywood, now works in the print and elcetronic media. He is always going on about how he coached champion players etc. What he fails to admit is they went no where when he did. Yes, you've got it. Come on down, Robert Walls.

GVGjr
31-03-2007, 06:54 PM
David Rodan just had a big game for Port. I wonder if Wally will credit himself for challenging him to lift his performance.

alwaysadog
31-03-2007, 07:16 PM
David Rodan just had a big game for Port. I wonder if Wally will credit himself for challenging him to lift his performance.

Why not? He's about to cure the sick in his spare time.

BulldogBelle
31-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes Eade said that several senior players were not happy with Wallaces comments. They said to Eade he has a cheek to try and claim our success due to him, yet he didn't have the vision to stay on and develop the team. No time for Wallet I am afraid.

Yes the players were not to happy about that article, I can't imagine how hurt they all were when Wallet decided to walk and throw that parting shot " I just can't take this team any further" definite kick in the guts, the players deserve to now dish it back to him.

Bulldog Revolution
01-04-2007, 10:22 PM
He can't let go and uses us to take the focus off the team he is coaching. I've got no energy left to waste on an ex coach who constantly wants to rewrite history and at the same time to write himself into our expected future successes. Next the sun will be needing to ask his permission to rise in the morning. We've got over him it's time he moved on too.

Say goodbye to Wallywood.

Absolutely on the money

I noticed he released details of a 2010-11 plan for Richmond to win the flag the day after he branded us on the verge.

Whilst I have commented on this I do look forward to the time when Bulldog forums contain nothing on him or his mate. Hopefully this will be my last post ever on Wallace, some things need to be moved past.

Mofra
01-04-2007, 10:35 PM
2010-11. Bollocks.

He's trying to get his own contract extended, nothing more. Name one other coach who would finish ninth and then not make a clear goal to get some finals action the next year? Finish just one spot higher? Is he going to deliberately tank this year for another couple of spots? Trade some dud to the Roos for high picks (they are the only ones silly enought o take these trades).

alwaysadog
02-04-2007, 07:02 AM
2010-11. Bollocks.

He's trying to get his own contract extended, nothing more. Name one other coach who would finish ninth and then not make a clear goal to get some finals action the next year? Finish just one spot higher? Is he going to deliberately tank this year for another couple of spots? Trade some dud to the Roos for high picks (they are the only ones silly enought o take these trades).

Or does he hear footsteps of theapproaching queue for his job, as he sees no liklihood that his team will get better. Or perhaps he is preparing for a rerun of I can't take this list any further. Terry you made your bed, with might I add, very expensive bed linen, you've now got to lie in it.

As T S Elliot said "what might have been is but dust on a rosebowl".

Don't ring us, we'll ring you.

Twodogs
02-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Or does he hear footsteps of theapproaching queue for his job, as he sees no liklihood that his team will get better. Or perhaps he is preparing for a rerun of I can't take this list any further. Terry you made your bed, with might I add, very expensive bed linen, you've now got to lie in it.

As T S Elliot said "what might have been is but dust on a rosebowl".

Don't ring us, we'll ring you.

Recruiting blokes like Paddy Bowden from other clubs, to sit on your list for a couple of years until the fans sit up and say "Hang on, this bloke is taking us nowhere", is a classic Wallace tactic.

Eade learned a lot from his time, and ultimate failure, at Sydney. Wallace is just reclaiming the same mistakes he made with us.

Dry Rot
02-04-2007, 10:08 AM
After yesterday, Tigers fans are getting restless and angry. watch out Terry!

Go_Dogs
02-04-2007, 10:39 AM
How did Polak go DR?

Dry Rot
02-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Read some posts on BF that he did OK - kept Whitnall to 4 possessions apparently.

bornadog
02-04-2007, 12:57 PM

What do you mean, he coached us brillantly against Geelong:D

alwaysadog
02-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Recruiting blokes like Paddy Bowden from other clubs, to sit on your list for a couple of years until the fans sit up and say "Hang on, this bloke is taking us nowhere", is a classic Wallace tactic.

Eade learned a lot from his time, and ultimate failure, at Sydney. Wallace is just reclaiming the same mistakes he made with us.

...and envious of our success :eek:

The Coon Dog
03-04-2007, 08:25 AM

They're born that way.