PDA

View Full Version : Adding insult to injury

NoseBleed
27-04-2009, 11:22 AM
The Nosebleed family come from a full spectrum of economic backgrounds. For us, following the Dogs is an old fashioned family affair. On any given week, three generations of us will fill at least a dozen, and as many as 25 seats. Not all of us can afford reserved seats, so we choose to sit as a family in the rarified air up high, rather than be scattered around the stadium. We arrive early, and grab the best seats we can in the general members area.
At Docklands, we can be found on level three, in between Aisles 15 and 16.

This week, 15 of us were there. 15 loyal Western Bulldogs Members. A mix of ordinary gameday members and Social club members, one family, loyal and true to the dogs.

Our loyalty was repaid with this.
Not only do we not make any money from a home game, but the opposition members get exclusive access to the best of the general admission seats. There's even a staff member guarding them.

We ended up 20 rows back.

I'm bloody livid. What an insult.

NB

easybeat
27-04-2009, 11:49 AM
That's a bloody outrtage!!
It makes me sick that the bigger, more financial get better treatment than us.

bornadog
27-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Send an email to the club and ask why?

The Underdog
27-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I saw this too. How many clubs have away seat reserved members?

There was nowhere in that place where you weren't surrounded by supporters of "the scum". They're like rodents, breeding at the rate of knots.

Prince Imperial
27-04-2009, 02:46 PM
I noticed the first few rows on that side were half full and guessed it had been reserved for Carlton members. The same thing happens for Collingwood members at our home games. As long as our club is getting the reserved seat fee which is payable to the home team, I don't have a problem with it. If we're not and the money is going to Carlton, then it is a disgrace and another indication of how we get dudded under the AFL user agreement with the stadium.

Remi Moses
27-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Vermin of the highest order. I was late yesterday had to visit Honest Dick at Raheen.:rolleyes:Busy boy Judday footy with the blue scum by day driving the visy truck by night,we all know who runs that sty of a ground.

Dazza
27-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I managed to get a seat in that area. Wasn't the best fun sitting amongst opposition fans.

LostDoggy
27-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I feel for you Nosebleed.

My family have silver level reserved seating on Level 1, aisle 19 on the half forward flank near the doggies tunnel, surrounded we thought by good and loyal bulldog supporters, with an eye on the footy and on having a good time with people of their own type.

Then along comes a drop kick from Carlton - a single who has bought a reserved seat for the game in the midst of the doggies supporters. Loud mouthed, offensive, bully, enough to make the young kids around feel very uncomfortable - no longer their safe haven and a distraction for all the doggies supporters wanting to watch the games.

He reminded me of the knobs that used to occupy the terraces down at Moorabbin, the only place that I have previously had a physical confrontation while watching the footy.

Enough pressure from the regulars had him not return after half time, which was a relief, but certainly poor form from the stadium or the Doggies, not sure which, to allow the sale of this seat amongst the Bulldogs supporters.

aker39
27-04-2009, 04:37 PM
I actually left 5 minutes in to the 2nd half yesterday.

I was sitting amongst the most arrogant supporters I have ever come across.

As I was with my son, I held my tongue, but when they kicked the 1st two goals of the third quarter, I lost it. It was either say something and regret it or shut up and leave.

I took the 2nd option. I have never left early in a game before, but I just couldn't take it any longer. The whole way home I was regretting leaving, that I had let those scum get to me enough that I was missing a game that I love.

One more reason for me to hate this club.

LostDoggy
27-04-2009, 05:18 PM
I have resrved seats on level 2, aisle 34. It was mostly Bulldog supporters there. I had a group of Carlton supporters behind me, they weren't bad at all. Most of the time they were just talking about their Super Coach teams. I don't think you can generalise for a whole supporter base, sure there will be idiot fans at every club.

LostDoggy
27-04-2009, 07:54 PM
We it in Aisle 32, and had loud mouthed Carlton supporter upsetting a few of us. He was plain clothed until they started winning, when someone queryed who he barracked for he tore open his shirt to show his Carlton guernsey underneath - complete with Hyundai sponsorship logo:rolleyes: It was then pointed out to him that if he was a supporter why did he have such an out of date guernsey. After awhile security came and removed him - this has happened at every Carlton game for me - even when I sat in the cheer squad:eek:

LostDoggy
27-04-2009, 08:28 PM
We it in Aisle 32, and had loud mouthed Carlton supporter upsetting a few of us. He was plain clothed until they started winning, when someone queryed who he barracked for he tore open his shirt to show his Carlton guernsey underneath - complete with Hyundai sponsorship logo:rolleyes: It was then pointed out to him that if he was a supporter why did he have such an out of date guernsey. After awhile security came and removed him - this has happened at every Carlton game for me - even when I sat in the cheer squad:eek:

Ah yes, my reserved seat is in aisle 33 and saw like everyone else up looking around at what was going on. What i heard was he was going to hit an elderly person before his mate just took him up the stairs and away or something? Was more exciting to watch than the footy..Haven't had a trouble maker in that area before (that i can remember in recent years)

LostDoggy
27-04-2009, 09:08 PM
St Kilda were also doing the 'reserved for Saints supporters' sign at the Saints V Freo game (and that was a game to tell your kids about!). It looked homemade to me. If they are going to do this then all saints (Carlton etc) supporters should have to sit there and leave the rest of the ground in peace.

aker39
28-04-2009, 08:53 AM
St Kilda were also doing the 'reserved for Saints supporters' sign at the Saints V Freo game (and that was a game to tell your kids about!). It looked homemade to me. If they are going to do this then all saints (Carlton etc) supporters should have to sit there and leave the rest of the ground in peace.

The difference is that it was a St Kilda home game, they can do what they want.

This was a bulldog home game, Carlton supporters should have no privledges.

Cyberdoggie
28-04-2009, 02:08 PM
So has anyone found out why from the club yet?

LostDoggy
28-04-2009, 08:19 PM
The difference is that it was a St Kilda home game, they can do what they want.

This was a bulldog home game, Carlton supporters should have no privledges.

Is that right? You can fence off any part of level 3 if its your home game? Interesting.

LostDoggy
28-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah they had our normal seats too, aisle 11...had to sit in like aisle 19 which was rubbish really.

NoseBleed
29-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Reply to an email pretty much as per my first post...

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your email.

We are also extremely disappointed in what happened on Sunday and have asked for an explanation from the stadium in regards to this.

The first we found out about the situation was after the gates opened and our members were being denied access to these seats.

We find this totally unacceptable as the home club.

As part of the explanation we have asked for any remaining home games where this occurs for the club to be notified so we can inform our members accordingly.

We hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

Western Bulldogs
Tel: 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47)
Fax: 03 9680 6103
Web: www.westernbulldogs.com.au

aker39
29-04-2009, 05:01 PM
As part of the explanation we have asked for any remaining home games where this occurs for the club to be notified so we can inform our members accordingly

How about, make sure it doesn't happen again. It is a bulldog home game FFS.

Away members should have no rights.

bornadog
29-04-2009, 05:14 PM
As part of the explanation we have asked for any remaining home games where this occurs for the club to be notified so we can inform our members accordingly

How about, make sure it doesn't happen again. It is a bulldog home game FFS.

Away members should have no rights.

The treatment by the stadiums of the club is appalling and disgusting. No doubt Collo involved in this. Smorgon needs to follow this up personally.

The Coon Dog
29-04-2009, 05:21 PM
An absolute bloody disgrace! That's what it is. Everything that evil bastard gets his filthy fingers on is dead set tainted!

bornadog
29-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Last year we averaged 34500 per game there and this year to date its about 40,000 plus, same as what I would expect Sunday and we are treated as rubbish.

aker39
29-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Last year we averaged 34500 per game there and this year to date its about 40,000 plus, same as what I would expect Sunday and we are treated as rubbish.

We have averaged 45,000 this year. And if this weeks game had have been scheduled at fan friendly time, we would get 45,000 again.

LostDoggy
29-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I upgraded my membership to reserved seats this year, after sitti up on the third level for the Carlton game last year. I couldn't put myself through that again.