PDA

View Full Version : A Welcome Addition to the Bulldogs Family

LostDoggy
29-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Wed 29 April, 2009

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/bulldogs_docs/Butch2%20246x316.JPG

Some of you may have already met the newest mascot to join the Western Bulldogs family at the Western Bulldogs Community Festival and Family Day or spotted him at home games, but we think it’s about time he had an official welcome.....

Introducing ‘Butch’, our real dog mascot, now making regular appearances at home games and other special events.

Butch is a very unique British Bulldog and has been raised and trained especially to deal with the large crowd of fans which surround him at home games. Among one of the clubs youngest fans, 1 year old Butch is a big hit with the crowd and is thriving on the attention he receives as team mascot.

He is always ready to have a photo or two with a Bulldogs fan, so keep an eye out for Butch at home games and special events throughout 2009. And please join him in cheering on the team.

BUTCHY!!! :D

Rocco Jones
29-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I am far too pleased with this news item.

R.I.P. Scragger.

I remember seeing a version of Scragger at the Western Oval one day as an 8 year-old. I was helping to lift the banner and he was there. His breathing sounded like a lawnmower and my suggestions that he needed to go to the vet were ignored.

I believe he died during our proposed merger with Fitzroy. Even though he could have still continued to be the mascot, he was a Footscray Bulldog not a wanabe bohemian Bulldog.

easybeat
29-04-2009, 09:46 PM
This is totally awesome!
Welcome Butch.

AndrewP6
29-04-2009, 11:35 PM

R.I.P. Scragger.

I remember seeing a version of Scragger at the Western Oval one day as an 8 year-old. I was helping to lift the banner and he was there. His breathing sounded like a lawnmower and my suggestions that he needed to go to the vet were ignored.

I believe he died during our proposed merger with Fitzroy. Even though he could have still continued to be the mascot, he was a Footscray Bulldog not a wanabe bohemian Bulldog.

SCRAGGER! I remember him well. As a kid I had a Bulldogs yearbook which had pics of some players (Jim Edmond and Dougie) with him... loved him...

LostDoggy
29-04-2009, 11:48 PM
I miss Scragger :(

LostDoggy
30-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Awwww, its so cute. Haha appropriate name.

Desipura
30-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Have you got a poopa scoopa for Butch? Otherwise I can see Collo charging you $50,000 for number ones and $100,000 for number two's. Got to protect that asset which is Etihad!

Sockeye Salmon
30-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Have you got a poopa scoopa for Butch? Otherwise I can see Collo charging you $50,000 for number ones and $100,000 for number two's. Got to protect that asset which is Etihad!

Take him down to Port Melbourne just to piss off the ferals.

Scraggers
30-04-2009, 01:35 PM

R.I.P. Scragger.

I'm not dead yet :)

SCRAGGER! I remember him well. As a kid I had a Bulldogs yearbook which had pics of some players (Jim Edmond and Dougie) with him... loved him...

I'm still here :)

I miss Scragger :(

I'm not gone ... I've just been really busy with work ... geez I never knew I had so many admirers :D

Desipura
30-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Take him down to Port Melbourne just to piss off the ferals.
or on them!

LostDoggy
30-04-2009, 02:32 PM
I was watching him before the game on Sunday, standing on his back legs getting lots of pats from people over the fence. Lovely animal.

Cyberdoggie
30-04-2009, 03:16 PM
or on them!

GO BOROUGH! :rolleyes: