PDA

View Full Version : I'm the first, so...

Mofra
03-01-2007, 08:08 PM
No posts on this forum yet?

In ths absences of anything new or insightful to say (actually, not a great first post after all) has anyone seen either a strange place for a Bulldogs sticker/logo etc or what is the wierdest situation you've seen someone wearing Bulldogs merchandise?

If I remember correctly, there was a thread about Wheels on Degrassi Junior High wearing a Bulldogs jumper a while back...

GVGjr
03-01-2007, 08:53 PM

In ths absences of anything new or insightful to say (actually, not a great first post after all) has anyone seen either a strange place for a Bulldogs sticker/logo etc or what is the wierdest situation you've seen someone wearing Bulldogs merchandise?

If I remember correctly, there was a thread about Wheels on Degrassi Junior High wearing a Bulldogs jumper a while back...

Hi Mofra,

We are setting up a number of things behind the scenes at the moment and we are really looking forward to kicking things off with a small group next week.

I will send you a PM.

LostDoggy
06-01-2007, 07:15 PM
The site looks good

The Coon Dog
06-01-2007, 07:56 PM

A friend of mine sent me a pic a while back of a vendor in Rio wearing a bulldogs cap.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8677/dsc01986ae5.jpg

LostDoggy
06-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Funny how when you are traveling you see other Bulldog supporters where you would least expect them. I bumped into one in Vancouver and then later in New Orleans later on the same trip. The guy in Vancouver visited Australia as a student for 12 months and decided to stick with the Doggies. The lady in New Orleans was given the cap by an Australian.

bornadog
09-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I was living in Singapore many years ago and we were in a department store in the Indian quarter. My wife was looking through a jumble of clothes and she came across a Footscray beany. We couldn't believe it, and no wonder no one bought it as there are no cold winters in Singapore.

BulldogBelle
09-01-2007, 07:09 PM
On one of my trips to Italy I gave my Bulldog cap to a little boy - so hopefully the little boy still has it - I thought that it was my way to promote the Bulldogs Internationally.

LostDoggy
10-01-2007, 11:48 AM
My other half is heading off to Cuba in a few weeks - he has already asked me for any 'spare' Bulldogs caps. I trust he will be spreading the word to our comrades ...

Twodogs
10-01-2007, 01:31 PM
My dad went to Canada last year to catch up with a branch of the family he'd contacted over the 'net. He was walking through a farm settlement in British Columbia in his Bulldog cap when a bloke starts yelling "Doug Hawkins, Doug Hawkins". This guy had spent a couple of years living in Melbourne in the '80s and had fallen in love with AFL in general and the way Doug played in particular.

Dad spent the day getting rat arsed with his new friend.

BulldogBelle
10-01-2007, 09:37 PM
My other half is heading off to Cuba in a few weeks - he has already asked me for any 'spare' Bulldogs caps. I trust he will be spreading the word to our comrades ...

Perhaps hand over to him your prized badges, earrings and scarf....that will spread the word.

LostDoggy
11-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Perhaps hand over to him your prized badges, earrings and scarf....that will spread the word.

Absolutely NOT! Though maybe my Matthew Boyd badge, seeing I will be getting a new one with his Number 5 on it (they do have their numbers on the badges don't they :confused: )

LostDoggy
11-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Slightly off the topic but would it be a good idea to get some Bulldog gear sent off to Darwin as a way of promoting the club more in that city? I know I was in the Bulldog Shop before Xmas and there was some great bargins that could be sent to supporters there.

I wouldn't mind chipping in $200 and getting 20 Bulldog Territory caps send up there to would be supporters if the club thought it would make a difference promoting the club image/brand in the region.
I think the Bulldog Territory caps would be well received by potential members.

Dry Rot
15-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey, I just saw the comet!

Twodogs
16-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Hey, I just saw the comet!

It was pretty cloudy here last night. No comets here.

Dry Rot
16-01-2007, 10:49 AM
It's not that amazing. Looks like a bright star but you can see its trail with binoculars.

Twodogs
16-01-2007, 01:22 PM
It's not that amazing. Looks like a bright star but you can see its trail with binoculars.

Binoculars and me arent the best of friends at the moment.

Stupid cheap Forges crap.