PDA

View Full Version : Andrejs Everitt

Remi Moses
02-05-2009, 02:17 AM
First to admit I'm starting to wonder where he's at,better option than Tiller better kick to boot but can't get a gig.Should be pushing stronger for a recall,maybe a tad harsh but has been disappointing after a promising first year. Your thoughts

FrediKanoute
02-05-2009, 02:46 AM
First to admit I'm starting to wonder where he's at,better option than Tiller better kick to boot but can't get a gig.Should be pushing stronger for a recall,maybe a tad harsh but has been disappointing after a promising first year. Your thoughts

Funny I was just thinking this last night that after a great first year, he has seemed to stall a little. Could some of the Willi watchers shed some light on where the kid is at?

comrade
02-05-2009, 09:10 AM
He's added more muscle and more grunt to his game - doesn't get knocked around anymore. His defensive game has improved but he still continues to break the lines.

Obviously he's close to a recall as he's been named on an extended bench a few times this year - I think he could even sneak into the lineup this week.

Stevo
02-05-2009, 10:27 AM

He's been a little disappointing but it's harder for him to command a game at the moment.
What I have noticed is that he isn't as clean with his skills as I first thought he would be.

bulldogtragic
02-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Tiller has had a few more years in the system, and there is a lot more competition. Tiller has been ok so far this year and i would like Andreas back, but having lots of tall backman is a good thing. From reading the VFL pages, he shouldn't be far off.

Mofra
02-05-2009, 02:50 PM
First to admit I'm starting to wonder where he's at,better option than Tiller better kick to boot but can't get a gig.
Arguably. His disposal is generally better, but Tiller plays tighter as a backman, is tougher over the ball and seems to go into a pack a little harder, showing slightly more intensity. That's my take on why he plays more than Everitt anyway.

Everitt is still a work in progress too, whilst Tiller is probably closer to his ideal playing weight. Will be interesting to see how they compare in a year or two.

bornadog
02-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Not playing at Willy today???

LostDoggy
11-05-2009, 12:33 AM
I'd much rather see Everitt playing than Tiller. I think Everitt has more of an upside

Cyberdoggie
11-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Arguably. His disposal is generally better, but Tiller plays tighter as a backman, is tougher over the ball and seems to go into a pack a little harder, showing slightly more intensity. That's my take on why he plays more than Everitt anyway.

Everitt is still a work in progress too, whilst Tiller is probably closer to his ideal playing weight. Will be interesting to see how they compare in a year or two.

Everitt looks like he needs a few consecutive games in a winning side to help bring out his confidence. I also believe he should be released more into possibly a wing position much like Josh Hill has played occasionally. Everitt needs to run and carry more and use his long kicking skills. I'm not convinced in his defensive ability.

Mind you he was much better than Tom Williams was against Walker. Although very surprising that Tom got moved after 1 quarter, where as Morris who copped an absolute bath on Riewoldt the previous week was on him for 3 before being moved.

Happy Days
11-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I'd much rather see Everitt playing Tiller I think Everitt has more of an upside

Depends what they play each other in.

Ozza
11-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Thought Everitt was good again this week. Williams got touched up by 'Taylor Walker' (apparently he has to be called by his full name every time he goes near it - Dwayne Russell) - but Everitt was good on him and was pretty steady in defence.

soupman
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Mind you he was much better than Tom Williams was against Walker. Although very surprising that Tom got moved after 1 quarter, where as Morris who copped an absolute bath on Riewoldt the previous week was on him for 3 before being moved.

That would be because Morris was doing everything right, the delivery to Riewoldt was perfect. Nobody could have stopped most of those passes.

Tommygun however continually let Taylor Walker get a break on him, and kept losing him everytime Adelaide made an entry into f50 in the first quarter.

boydogs
11-05-2009, 08:09 PM
That would be because Morris was doing everything right, the delivery to Riewoldt was perfect. Nobody could have stopped most of those passes.

Tommygun however continually let Taylor Walker get a break on him, and kept losing him everytime Adelaide made an entry into f50 in the first quarter.

I thought Lake should have gone onto Riewoldt last week early on, he has the closing speed and slightly more height and reach to get a spoil in on those perfect passes. Morris had done well on Riewoldt before, but probably not with the same delivery and only because Lake was busy with Gehrig.

Williams on Walker was strange, the defense looked confused in the first half, Adelaide definitely took advantage of the mismatch. Thought Morris would be moved on to him and think he may have been for a short period, but good to see Everitt was the one to quieten him down a bit

Having Lake, Williams, Morris, Hargrave and Everitt/Tiller all in the backline may be a bit tall - need to find alternate roles for some of these guys when our opponent has a smaller forward line. Tiller and Lake could go forward, Hargrave and Everitt wing

LostDoggy
11-05-2009, 08:18 PM
I think Everitt is more suited to the wing

Born & Bred
11-05-2009, 10:47 PM
The Bulldogs need to keep putting games into Everitt. As long as he is not left in deep defence it is all good. The boy can play and unfortunately Tiller is a professional tackler only. Tiller's decision making isn't good, just like his handballing and kicking. In addition, Everitt's good friend has had a taste at the senior level and hope like all Bulldog supporters that Grant plays more senior football in the coming years when his body develops.

Cyberdoggie
11-05-2009, 10:58 PM
I think Everitt is more suited to the wing

I agree, he needs to be set free for a while, given more opportunites to run and carry.

comrade
11-05-2009, 11:41 PM
I agree, he needs to be set free for a while, given more opportunites to run and carry.

Yep, get him off the leash and move him up the ground. I'd like to see him play as a loose man at some stage, as his ability to hit long targets is very good and will only get better.

lemmon
12-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Yep, get him off the leash and move him up the ground. I'd like to see him play as a loose man at some stage, as his ability to hit long targets is very good and will only get better.

Watching his juniour footy tape on Youtube thats where he seems to be at his best. He doesnt have to worry about a direct opponent and can use his run and dash. Not to mention hes a good reader of the ball and is courageous in the air.

LostDoggy
12-05-2009, 01:13 AM
I can't recall seeing as much talent in a Bulldogs tall player since....hmm. I know I'm probably along in that thought but the kid oozes something special. Will only get better and better, already has enough football nouse and that's one thing you can't train.

LostDog
01-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Hmmmm I have my doubts about him and J Grant, were'nt they supposed to be pushing each other at the stingrays ??

chef
01-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Good last quarter from Everitt, hopefully he can play all game next week up forward.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-08-2009, 06:52 PM
I thought Everitt was average today.

He did show some good signs with a couple of spoils etc. but he made a few basic mistakes too. Hopefully he can string together a couple of games though so we can firmly establish whether or not he can feature in this side for the Finals.

LostDoggy
01-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Sockeye, myself and few others discussed this today. He just lacks the intensity required.

Topdog
01-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Sockeye, myself and few others discussed this today. He just lacks the intensity required.

Was thinking the same in the first half. Thought he had a really good last qtr though and upped his intensity. If he is picked next week he needs to show that for more than a qtr.

GVGjr
01-08-2009, 07:30 PM
That miss from an easy set shot was a shame. He doesn't work as hard as he should either.

LostDoggy
01-08-2009, 07:31 PM
The signs for him at this level are there, work rate is well down.

G-Mo77
01-08-2009, 07:35 PM
All those negatives I think will work out though. He needs to get a little more confidence and all those negatives hopefully become positives.

AndrewP6
01-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Didn't see anything from him to write home about today...disappointing.

hujsh
01-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Didn't look too bad up forward.

Down back i though Tom Williams showed more attacking potential then Everitt which shouldn't happen

DOG GOD
01-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Didn't see anything from him to write home about today...disappointing.

Totally agree.

Dancin' Douggy
01-08-2009, 08:13 PM
He's just one of those incredibly frustrating talents.
He's a perfect physical specimen. Great height and weight.
Strong overhead with an absolutely sublime and powerful kicking technique. He's got it all.
If Everitt doesn't make it you can't blame the recruiting staff.
He is top shelf raw material. It will be he himself that decides whether he becomes a serious professional athlete or a discard.
I have faith in his natural talent but he needs a huge kick in the arse.

bulldogtragic
01-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I think he needs more exposure at AFL level. Tom Williams get that luxury and has benefitted, i'd like to see Andreajs given a few games and time to find his position at AFL level. I thought he was OK today, without doing anything spectacular and I think he has a way to go before being picked in the 22 week in and out. I think he would benefit from a good run at AFL level and I think he can make it, it's just a matter of time.

Mofra
01-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Really needs to play angry. Just seems a bit passive at times, and I'm still not a fan of his bodywork. His spoiling when there is no body contact prior to the drop of the ball is quite ok.

It's a shame, as he has all the tools. A 193cm player who looks broad across the shoulders really should be throwing his weight around a bit more.

comrade
01-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Really needs to play angry. Just seems a bit passive at times, and I'm still not a fan of his bodywork. His spoiling when there is no body contact prior to the drop of the ball is quite ok.

It's a shame, as he has all the tools. A 193cm player who looks broad across the shoulders really should be throwing his weight around a bit more.

His body work and intensity needs to improve, but why is he being forced to play a key defensive role when he's clearly not suited to it.

Like Josh Hill at the other end, he looked so much more effective when played up the ground where he was able to run and use his foot skills. We should be using him in a way that takes advantage of his strengths - playing him as a third tall is doing the exact opposite.

alwaysadog
01-08-2009, 09:13 PM
His body work and intensity needs to improve, but why is he being forced to play a key defensive role when he's clearly not suited to it.

Like Josh Hill at the other end, he looked so much more effective when played up the ground where he was able to run and use his foot skills. We should be using him in a way that takes advantage of his strengths - playing him as a third tall is doing the exact opposite.

He just has to play where and as the team needs him. When he has made a spot his own others will have to fill the gaps, but till then that's what he has to do.

LostDoggy
01-08-2009, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=hujsh;101296]Didn't look too bad up forward.

Agree, I just didn't like him down back today - he plays too loose and lacks intensity. He looked better (perhaps more comfortable) up forward, but I don't think he's up to a KP just yet. As others have said, he has all the goods, but it is up to him just where he takes his career. :confused:

hujsh
01-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Might be an idea to continue to give Everitt stints in the KP forward role to teach him what's required at that position. Even if it is against sides like Freo when the game is won.

The Pie Man
02-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Might be an idea to continue to give Everitt stints in the KP forward role to teach him what's required at that position. Even if it is against sides like Freo when the game is won.

I'll quote mjp from the Ryan Griffen thread

"There are two reasons for moving a player:

1/.As part of a development plan.
2/.In a desperate search for 'something' - basically when you have either a team need (due to form or injury) or a talented player who you cannot quite decide what to do with."

Reviewing that criteria for Everitt in the forward 50....tick, tick

Rocco Jones
02-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Everitt really doesn't suit the 3rd defensive tall role. I struggle to understand why Eade is so persistent with it. It's reminiscent of Rohde playing Shaggy on taller opponents. Just because a player is tall/short doesn't mean they are/aren't a KP player.

boydogs
02-08-2009, 07:20 PM
For mine Everitt and Hill are similar players - no good body on body, but good run & carry and foot skills. Classic wingman qualities which is where I would like to see both. HFF/HBF secondary options but not KP's

bornadog
03-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Can't remember which quarter it was , but Everitt was on the wing by himself and made a half hearted call for Cross to kick it to him. Cross obviously didn't see him and kicked to a contest.

Fo mine, he should have demanded the ball , instead he was very laid back. He needs to really demand the ball, but it seems he lacks confidence.

bulldogtragic
03-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Can't remember which quarter it was , but Everitt was on the wing by himself and made a half hearted call for Cross to kick it to him. Cross obviously didn't see him and kicked to a contest.

Fo mine, he should have demanded the ball , instead he was very laid back. He needs to really demand the ball, but it seems he lacks confidence.
I think we would have a different player if he was given automatic selection like Williams. Everitt is obviously laking AFL gametime this year and last week it showed. Everitt needs continuous games knowing that he wont always get everything right but that he will keep improving. We accept that from Tommy and we need to give games to other young players. And with Tommy, Lake, Morris, Hargy, Gilbee, Harbrow (DFA, Callan, Tiller, Bou next year) - Everitt is superfluous to needs and should be played anywhere from wing to FP and given AFL gametime to hone those skills.

AndrewP6
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
And with Tommy, Lake, Morris, Hargy, Gilbee, Harbrow (DFA, Callan, Tiller, Bou next year) - Everitt is superfluous to needs and should be played anywhere from wing to FP and given AFL gametime to hone those skills.

That might be his whole problem. We don't really NEED him in the side.

bulldogtragic
03-08-2009, 07:41 PM
That might be his whole problem. We don't really NEED him in the side.
If one is to accept that position, then one could think it is a case of playing him (forward) or trading him. As he needs to be played in these other position to see is he has what it takes to succeed there at AFL level, or trade him to a team that NEEDS a tall defender. There is no point keeping him if he is going to be a depth/top up player. I don't advocate trading at this point in time, but if it is to be the case that we do not need him and can cover the positions that he can play with ease, then perhaps others are right, trade him whilst he still has value. As there is no point keeping a player with declining value, ala Farren Ray. I think 'play him', but if he is not going to recieve a run up the ground wing, HFF, FP etc, then serious questions need to be asked if his market value is still around first round draft pick. Lower than that value we should still persist with him.

Mofra
03-08-2009, 08:21 PM
With compromised drafts coming up, players will attract less value than normal. Realistically we'd get very little for Everitt if we traded him.

Mantis
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
With compromised drafts coming up, players will attract less value than normal. Realistically we'd get very little for Everitt if we traded him.

What do you think he would be worth on the open market?

Desipura
04-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Nothing more than a 3rd rounder.

chef
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Maybe a straight swap for Hall which would save us having to get him in the PSD. Or package up with our first round pick for a play at Bradshaw.

Desipura
04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Maybe a straight swap for Hall which would save us having to get him in the PSD. Or package up with our first round pick for a play at Bradshaw.
I would not swap him for Hall, that could really bite us in the bum. Everitt could play for another 10 years whereas it is a safe bet that Hall will play for only 1 year. We would not do a straight swap when we potentially could get Hall for our last pick.
I dont know how much time Bradshaw has in the game. Getting a hammy at this time of his career is not a good sign.

Mantis
04-08-2009, 09:53 AM

Thank christ you have no pull at trade time (or at least I hope you don't)

How could you fathom swapping a 20 year old who could develop into a very handy player for either of 2 old guys who come with package and may only play for 1 year?

Everitt + our first rd pick for Bradshaw - You are on drugs!!!!

Dancin' Douggy
04-08-2009, 09:58 AM

YOUCH! That's insane.

Bulldog Joe
04-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Everitt seems to not fit the expected criteria.
Positives
He is tall and he can take a mark. He looks good when he is clear with the ball. His kicking looks to be reliable and he can cover 50 metres.

Negatives
Easily beaten one on one and lacks intensity in the contest. Has shown no appetite for the hard yards and his tackling seems insipid.

While he moves ok, he does not seem to have the run and pace to be a regular ball carrier and seems more suited to the Ryan Hargrave type position. He lacks the hardness that Hargrave brings. Maybe he can make it forward, but I would like to see him taking some real contested pressure marks before I had confidence in him there.

Although this is his 3rd season he has been restricted as he was injured pre 2008 and then suffered glandular fever pre 2009. Obviously needs to develop strength, confidence and a touch of mongrel or he will not make it.

chef
04-08-2009, 10:31 AM
I would not swap him for Hall, that could really bite us in the bum. Everitt could play for another 10 years whereas it is a safe bet that Hall will play for only 1 year. We would not do a straight swap when we potentially could get Hall for our last pick.
I dont know how much time Bradshaw has in the game. Getting a hammy at this time of his career is not a good sign.

I'm of the opinion that this lists time is now. If we don't make something happen come trade time to get a key forward or two then we are are not going to win the flag in the near future.

14 memebers of our squad(best 22 ATM) will be 28 and over next year(Johnson, Akermanis, Eagleton, Welsh, Hudson, Hahn, Gilbee, Hargrave, Lake, Giasiracusa, Murphy, Boyd, Morris and Cross) with probably 2 or 3 of those names disappearing next year we have a 2-4 year window to win a flag if we have a key forward.

Are any of our pups certainties to make this position their own in the next season or Two?

Roughead would be perfect and he still hasn't signed with the Hawks but they would want the earth for him.

chef
04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Thank Christ you have no pull at trade time (or at least I hope you don't)

How could you fathom swapping a 20 year old who could develop into a very handy player for either of 2 old guys who come with package and may only play for 1 year?

Everitt + our first rd pick for Bradshaw - You are on drugs!!!!

If that's what it costs to get it done. I obviously rate Bradshaw a little higher than you.

Desipura
04-08-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm of the opinion that this lists time is now. If we don't make something happen come trade time to get a key forward or two then we are are not going to win the flag in the near future.

14 memebers of our squad(best 22 ATM) will be 28 and over next year(Johnson, Akermanis, Eagleton, Welsh, Hudson, Hahn, Gilbee, Hargrave, Lake, Giasiracusa, Murphy, Boyd, Morris and Cross) with probably 2 or 3 of those names disappearing next year we have a 2-4 year window to win a flag if we have a key forward.

Are any of our pups certainties to make this position their own in the next season or Two?

Roughead would be perfect and he still hasn't signed with the Hawks but they would want the earth for him.
So you are saying our list is not getting any younger yet you want Hall, sounds to me you are hedging your bets each way!

chef
04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
So you are saying our list is not getting any younger yet you want Hall, sounds to me you are hedging your bets each way!

No, i think we have a 2-4 year window to win the flag and our only missing ingredient is a tall key forward. I would rather pay over the odds for a decent one then do what we usually do and get a cheap one who's crap.

Mofra
04-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Probably equivalent to a Sam Power or slightly less, taking into account the compromised draft and the fact that we'd probably try to trade him to teams lacking tall defenders

Mantis
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
[/B]

If that's what it costs to get it done. I obviously rate Bradshaw a little higher than you.

I rate Bradshaw as well, but looking at the cold hard facts you really couldn't contemplate making this trade.

Daniel Bradshaw - He will be 31 at the start of next year, so he would have 1 maybe 2 years left. In 2009 he has played 16 games for a return of 40 goals - In my mind that return is only fair although he has spent a bit of time in defence.

Everitt - He will be 21 at the start of next year and could probably spend another 10 yeras in the game and play another 200 games.

If we choose correctly with our first round pick we should get another 200 game player.

So we wont to give up a about 400 games for maybe 40 for a guy who is getting on in years, has some injury concerns and may or may not be the answer to our problems.

If you were throwing up the same deal for Brown or Pavlich I might agree, but definitely not for Bradshaw.

Mofra
04-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Daniel Bradshaw - He will be 31 at the start of next year, so he would have 1 maybe 2 years left. In 2009 he has played 16 games for a return of 40 goals - In my mind that return is only fair although he has spent a bit of time in defence.
If Minson played as a permanent forward we'd probably get more than 16 games & 40 goals out of him. He's kicked 13 goals in 17 games as a resting ruckman whilst he also rests on the bench at times.
Will be interesting to see if he spends more time forward if Roughead plays senior football next year.

chef
04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I rate Bradshaw as well, but looking at the cold hard facts you really couldn't contemplate making this trade.

Everitt - He will be 21 at the start of next year and could probably spend another 10 years in the game and play another 200 games.

If we choose correctly with our first round pick we should get another 200 game player.

So we wont to give up a about 400 games for maybe 40 for a guy who is getting on in years, has some injury concerns and may or may not be the answer to our problems.

If you were throwing up the same deal for Brown or Pavlich I might agree, but definitely not for Bradshaw.

If Bradshaw was playing FF to our midfield i would expect a return of between 60-80 goals.

I'm not that confident about Everitts ability, where do you see him fitting into our structure?

If you were Brisbane or Fremantle and i offered you pick 13-17 and Everitt for either Brown or Pavlich how would you react?

chef
04-08-2009, 11:32 AM
If Minson played as a permanent forward we'd probably get more than 16 games & 40 goals out of him. He's kicked 13 goals in 17 games as a resting ruck man whilst he also rests on the bench at times.
Will be interesting to see if he spends more time forward if Roughead plays senior football next year.

If we are going to do this wouldn't Skipper have been played in the ruck by now this year?

Mantis
04-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Probably equivalent to a Sam Power or slightly less, taking into account the compromised draft and the fact that we'd probably try to trade him to teams lacking tall defenders

At that price I would rather give Andrejs another pre-season (hopefully un-interrupted this time) and see how he goes.

If Minson played as a permanent forward we'd probably get more than 16 games & 40 goals out of him. He's kicked 13 goals in 17 games as a resting ruckman whilst he also rests on the bench at times.

Agree with that.

I'm not that confident about Everitts ability, where do you see him fitting into our structure?

Not sure yet, I would like to see how his fitness improves or body shape changes over the next couple of years before we pigeon hole him into a specific role. Look at present there is no doubt he isn't coming on the way we would have hoped, but I still see enough to perservere with.

If we can give Skipper & Wight 6 or 7 years ( It may even be more :eek:) on our list I am sure we can give Andrejs a few more.

If you were Brisbane or Fremantle and i offered you pick 13-17 and Everitt for either Brown or Pavlich how would you react?

I would tell you to get stuffed. :D

chef
04-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I would tell you to get stuffed. :D

That would be my response too.:p

Desipura
04-08-2009, 12:08 PM
No, i think we have a 2-4 year window to win the flag and our only missing ingredient is a tall key forward. I would rather pay over the odds for a decent one then do what we usually do and get a cheap one who's crap.
And what if we do not win one in 2-4 years after obtaining Bradshaw for a first round pick and Everitt?
We would have given up a first round (potential 200 gamer) and Everitt for a 1-2 year player.
You need to continually inject youth into your list. Hall would enable us to get that power forward whilst still keeping our 1st round pick which we will be like 'gold' this year given the GC concessions in 2010.

The gain is not great enough in picking up a Bradshaw and foregoing a 1st round ahead of a Hall.
Pavlich is another story but will cost significantly more as we know.

chef
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
And what if we do not win one in 2-4 years after obtaining Bradshaw for a first round pick and Everitt?
We would have given up a first round (potential 200 gamer) and Everitt for a 1-2 year player.
You need to continually inject youth into your list. Hall would enable us to get that power forward whilst still keeping our 1st round pick which we will be like 'gold' this year given the GC concessions in 2010.

The gain is not great enough in picking up a Bradshaw and foregoing a 1st round ahead of a Hall.
Pavlich is another story but will cost significantly more as we know.

Are we a better chance for the flag next year with a Hall or Bradshaw playing FF rather than going another season with the current set up?

Mantis
04-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Are we a better chance for the flag next year with a Hall or Bradshaw playing FF rather than going another season with the current set up?

Yes we are, but the price you are willing to pay for Bradshaw is absurd.

If we get either very cheaply it is worth persuing, but otherwise we stick with what we have got and continue to develop these players.

Desipura
04-08-2009, 12:32 PM

If we get either very cheaply it is worth persuing, but otherwise we stick with what we have got and continue to develop these players.
Amen to that!

Topdog
04-08-2009, 12:35 PM

Not with Bradshaw IMO.

strebla
04-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Hall to me seems a monty he will cost bugger all and would add significantly to our foeward structure. Bradshaw as good as he is not the answer as he would play a simmilar way to BJ and i would take BJ first every time

chef
04-08-2009, 12:39 PM

What do you think he is worth?

Mantis
04-08-2009, 12:44 PM
What do you think he is worth?

At his age I would pay the absolute minimum - either a swap for someone like Skipper or Wight or at most a late 3rd or 4th rd pick. (Neither of these would get the deal done)

Desipura
04-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Chef, I do not think you are taking into account that 1st round draft picks are worth a little bit more this year given I repeat the GC concessions in 2010.
Clubs will not be willing to trade their 1st picks this year unless it involved the likes of a Pavlich.
Bradshaw for our 2nd round I would think would probably get the deal done and an exchange of their 3rd round for our 4th round.

chef
04-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Chef, I do not think you are taking into account that 1st round draft picks are worth a little bit more this year given I repeat the GC concessions in 2010.
Clubs will not be willing to trade their 1st picks this year unless it involved the likes of a Pavlich.
Bradshaw for our 2nd round I would think would probably get the deal done and an exchange of their 3rd round for our 4th round.

Yeah i have, this years draft is going to be very shallow. They have raised the age limit and GC have already signed a fair few 17 year old kids. So a pick in the 13-17 area isn't what it would be in years past. Plus if predictions are correct we could have two first round quality kids joining our club the year after(Wallis and Liberatore).

Desipura
04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah i have, this years draft is going to be very shallow. They have raised the age limit and GC have already signed a fair few 17 year old kids. So a pick in the 13-17 area isn't what it would be in years past. Plus if predictions are correct we could have two first round quality kids joining our club the year after(Wallis and Liberatore).
It may or may not be shallow. Either way every more reason that you keep your 1st round pick I would have thought.
That would mean a 2nd/3rd round pick will be like having a pick late in the draft. The likelihood of getting a quality player is not great.
Thanks, you have reassured me that we must not trade our 1st pick unless he is a Pavlich! ;)

Mofra
04-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I'd think Brisbane would want more for Bradshaw. He's excellent forward or back and probably has 2 years left in him.
I also doubt we'd trade much for for him given the draft pick squeze is starting.

Given he was out of contract at the same time as Aker at Brisbane was and we didn't chase him I can;t see us going for him now, as much as I rate him highly.

Rocket Science
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Despite his struggles I also feel Everitt's upside is worth persisting with at this stage...but musing further:

Everitt + Grant + Dogs' 1st round selection in 2009
for
Pavlich + Dockers' 2nd round selection in 2009

I'm guessing that'd get Fremantle's attention.

Is it an overpayment though?

Alternately, would they wear one of Stack or Hill in Grant's place?

chef
04-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Pavlich is to the Dockers what Grant was to us. He ain't going anywhere. And even if we did get him Eade would play him in the middle(where he's at his best) rather than up forward.

Mantis
04-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Could we even afford Pavlich?

We already look to have some struggles with our salary cap given the issues with the 'brain fade' so I can't see how we could chase a player who would be in the top 5 most well paid players in the comp. I know he would like some success, but surely he wouldn't take a massive pay cut to achieve it or maybe he would?

Dazza
04-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Ok so I watched the replay of last weeks game today. Not sure about Everitt. I used to think he'd play well on the wing but I'm even unsure of that now. Eagleton played a hell of alot better than him and people are calling for his head. One thing is for sure is that Everitt is not a backman and never will be. Needs to attack the ball far better than he currently is.

Tony Shaw was raving on about his good work in the last quarter but honestly even that 'good work' wasn't even that good. It was a tap on to a player and then a contest in the air which allowed stack to mark it. He butchered the ball far too many times for those two instances of play to matter.

Not sure what to do with him other than let him develop his game at VFL level for the rest of the year and pray that he gets a good preseason into him and lifts his intensity.

Rocket Science
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Could we even afford Pavlich?

Perfectly good question. As for resolving it, it'd depend on the various contract situations of players who'd potentially factor into a decision to get Pavlich, of which others here might be better apprised.

I'm not even aware of Pavlich's contract status. If he's inked beyond this year, asking him to take a pay cut is a moot point, at least until his current deal expires, while our salary cap issues are more immediate.

Purely guesswork...

If Pavlich earns somewhere in the $500-600k per year range:

- Eagleton's salary off the books at year's end would save somewhere in the $300k mark.
- If despatched to Freo, Grant and Everitt might save something in the $150-$200k mark.
- You'd have a long hard talk with Akermanis about his ambitions for next year in light of his prospective new team-mate. Perhaps he'd be interested in a $100-150k pay cut for a year in an effort to 'create some history' in his swan song season. Alternately, if he elects to join media street, there's another $300-400k off the books.
- Eliminating Scott Welsh's salary would deduct another $150-200k off the books.

If anyone has a more accurate idea of the figures being thrown around, feel free to weigh in.

Sockeye Salmon
04-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Everitt for Mitch Thorp

Both highly rated in their draft, both underperformed to date, both fill needs at their clubs.

Then draft/trade Marcus Drum with pick 50.

PS. What's with the Pavlich fantasy?

Desipura
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Everitt for Mitch Thorp

Both highly rated in their draft, both underperformed to date, both fill needs at their clubs.

Then draft/trade Marcus Drum with pick 50.

He can play, end of story!

Rocket Science
04-08-2009, 04:35 PM

For all the conjecture about our premiership window, I'd suggest it most realistically falls with our crop of '99 draftees. Recruiting Pavlich would bolster an already accomplished group with a sorely needed key component, and an elite one at that, who'd contribute 5 years of quality service.

If he remains at Fremantle, he'll be fortunate to experience anything more than token finals footy before he retires, let alone win a flag. I'm sure he's comfortably ensconced over there, but you wonder at what point loyalty surrenders to ambition.

It's bloody far-fetched, but surely if Judd can swap guernseys, anyone can swap guernseys.

Sockeye Salmon
04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Assuming we could offer up enough for a trade that Freo would accept - which we can't - how do you propose that we find room in the salary cap for the $1mil per year he would cost?

I suppose we could always trade Lake, Cooney and Higgins.

bulldogtragic
04-08-2009, 06:37 PM
We can't afford Pav, but rumour has it Sandilands want out of Freo (Mike Sheehan and Caro). IF true (big IF) I'd say trade our first rounder for him and then let Roughy and Ayce play a few seasons as forwards before getting full games in the ruck. That gives us more flexibility I think and would strengthen our chances for next year imo.

I wouldn't be against Everitt for Thorpe, if the coaches wanted to move that way towards another tall forward if they like Thorpe and think Bou offers a credible long term option with Tiller.

Then we have a good spread of tall forwards in Grant, Roughy, Cordy and Thorpe next year, which is a good spread of which some should come off with Hall taking the brunt and gorilla full back. And pups like Stack and Reid pressing for senior spots and Wood and Ock looking to break into the team too.

For me:

1st rounder - Sandilands
Everitt - Thorpe
(Trade of low picks) Skipper - Hall

Out: Skipper, Wight, Everitt, O'Shea, Eagleton, Welsh, Lynch
In: Sandilands, Thorpe, Hall, 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, 5th rounder, 6th rounder

If we could pull that off with two father sons next year who are different types of mids, then i'd be very happy with the list management with Aker and Huddo going in 2010 and Johno soon after.

Thorpe and Hall are realistic trades, but whether Freo would accept a mid teen pick for Sandilands and if we had the $350,000 a season to pay him would be a hurdle. But if our first pick could get the job done, perhaps I might tap Aker on the shoulder?

bulldogsman
04-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I doubt we could afford Sandilands either and a 1st rounder for Sandilands is nowhere near enough.

Mantis
04-08-2009, 07:18 PM
We can't afford Pav, but rumour has it Sandilands want out of Freo (Mike Sheehan and Caro). IF true (big IF) I'd say trade our first rounder for him and then let Roughy and Ayce play a few seasons as forwards before getting full games in the ruck. That gives us more flexibility I think and would strengthen our chances for next year imo.

I wouldn't be against Everitt for Thorpe, if the coaches wanted to move that way towards another tall forward if they like Thorpe and think Bou offers a credible long term option with Tiller.

Then we have a good spread of tall forwards in Grant, Roughy, Cordy and Thorpe next year, which is a good spread of which some should come off with Hall taking the brunt and gorilla full back. And pups like Stack and Reid pressing for senior spots and Wood and Ock looking to break into the team too.

For me:

1st rounder - Sandilands
Everitt - Thorpe
(Trade of low picks) Skipper - Hall

Out: Skipper, Wight, Everitt, O'Shea, Eagleton, Welsh, Lynch
In: Sandilands, Thorpe, Hall, 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, 5th rounder, 6th rounder

If we could pull that off with two father sons next year who are different types of mids, then i'd be very happy with the list management with Aker and Huddo going in 2010 and Johno soon after.

Thorpe and Hall are realistic trades, but whether Freo would accept a mid teen pick for Sandilands and if we had the $350,000 a season to pay him would be a hurdle. But if our first pick could get the job done, perhaps I might tap Aker on the shoulder?

You are off your head.

In recent years there have been between 8 & 12 trades in total and we have only been bit part players so why would we do 3 trades this year? I can't see any of what you have suggested happening during trade week.

azabob
04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
You are off your head.

In recent years there have been between 8 & 12 trades in total and we have only been bit part players so why would we do 3 trades this year? I can't see any of what you have suggested happening during trade week.

Mantis, more and more trades will happen maybe not this year but in the future considering GC17 and west sydney will pretty much own the draft.

Mantis
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Mantis, more and more trades will happen maybe not this year but in the future considering GC17 and west sydney will pretty much own the draft.

I stand by the first statement. ;)

azabob
04-08-2009, 07:32 PM
I stand by the first statement. ;)

Fair enough! lol

LostDoggy
04-08-2009, 07:37 PM
I know he is only playing school footy at the moment, but how far off is Liam Jones: at 195cm and 86kg this year, could a pre-season put 5 to 8 kg on him

mighty_west
04-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't get why people want Mitch Thorp, he wouldn't be a short term answer such as Hall would be, he would be just another tall developing alongside Cordy & co, plus he's very injury prone, something Everitt has not been [touch wood].

I see Everitt taking over Shaggy's role in a few years time.

Mofra
04-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I see Everitt taking over Shaggy's role in a few years time.
I don't. Shaggy started as a skinny, slow thinking backman with reasonable (not brilliant) kicking skills who got by on toughness and bastardry alone, often fighting outside of his weight division.

Shaggy and Everitt are about as polar opposites as you can get.

Scorlibo
04-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Shaggy and Everitt are about as polar opposites as you can get.

That's far from true, both of them are good kicks, are agile, can play on talls but play best on medium sized players, have a natural rebounding game.

I agree with mighty_west that if Everitt was to take the role of any senior player down the track, it would be Hargrave.

Dazza
04-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I think Tiller would take Hargraves role.

bulldogtragic
04-08-2009, 09:47 PM
You are off your head.

Yeah all very true. But hey, one's gotta day-dream, it would be nice even if it is unrealistic. Although a trade for Hall would be on the cards if we decide to take him. I read somewhere that Sandilands is still under contract so i don't know where the journo's are getting their info... but when does that stop reporting a 'story'.

Sockeye Salmon
04-08-2009, 10:23 PM
If we are going to throw away our first rounder and pay a heap of cash, another ruck is a long way from being my first priority.

Trading is the work of the devil.

bulldogtragic
04-08-2009, 10:26 PM
If we are going to throw away our first rounder and pay a heap of cash, another ruck is a long way from being my first priority.

Assuming you thought the window was open and you wanted to trade in some class and experience and top-up for a genuine crack at a premiership - What/who would you look at?

Sockeye Salmon
04-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Assuming you thought the window was open and you wanted to trade in some class and experience and top-up for a genuine crack at a premiership - What/who would you look at?

To answer your question, Aaron Davey

Mofra
04-08-2009, 10:34 PM
That's far from true, both of them are good kicks, are agile, can play on talls but play best on medium sized players, have a natural rebounding game.

I agree with mighty_west that if Everitt was to take the role of any senior player down the track, it would be Hargrave.
They have completely different approaches to the game - Hargrave is hard at it, enjoys the body on body contact, has enough mongrel in him to upset the opposition; lack thereof is exactly the reason Eade is unhappy with Everitt.

The rebounding and disposal is something Hargrave learnt over time, not his primary modus operandi. Again, completely different to Everitt.

If anyone is going to "take over" from Shaggy, it's Tiller. Similar size & hardness at the contest.

bulldogtragic
04-08-2009, 10:37 PM

To answer your question, Aaron Davey
Now that's one heck of a thought i hadn't even considered. I like where you are coming from though.

Scorlibo
05-08-2009, 05:25 PM
They have completely different approaches to the game - Hargrave is hard at it, enjoys the body on body contact, has enough mongrel in him to upset the opposition; lack thereof is exactly the reason Eade is unhappy with Everitt.

The rebounding and disposal is something Hargrave learnt over time, not his primary modus operandi. Again, completely different to Everitt.

If anyone is going to "take over" from Shaggy, it's Tiller. Similar size & hardness at the contest.

Shaggy goes when he needs to go, but he isn't 'hard at it', rather he's good at using his time with the ball and evading others. I don't know where you picked up the opinion that he's 'hard at it'. Whether Shaggy learnt something over time or not is irrelevant, now he's very similar to Everitt from a rebounding point of view.

I doubt Tiller will ever be a regular senior player, more of a depth type, whereas Everitt has the capacity to be the very good rebounding defender much like Hargrave currently is.

Mofra
05-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Shaggy goes when he needs to go, but he isn't 'hard at it', rather he's good at using his time with the ball and evading others. I don't know where you picked up the opinion that he's 'hard at it'. Whether Shaggy learnt something over time or not is irrelevant, now he's very similar to Everitt from a rebounding point of view.
Disagree - Shaggy has a streak of natural bastardry in him that Everitt is sorely lacking.

Mantis
05-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Disagree - Shaggy has a streak of natural bastardry in him that Everitt is sorely lacking.

Heath Black learnt that the hard way.

azabob
05-08-2009, 06:21 PM

Trading doesnt work.
Only Sydney have mastered the sucessful trade.

mighty_west
05-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Trading doesnt work.
Only Sydney have mastered the sucessful trade.

Port traded for quite a few players, were up for some time and got a Premiership, Geelong traded for a ruckman in Ottens, it also payed off, plus like you mentioned the Swannies.

azabob
05-08-2009, 07:22 PM

I doubt Tiller will ever be a regular senior player, more of a depth type, whereas Everitt has the capacity to be the very good rebounding defender much like Hargrave currently is.

I think he's hard at the man especially when throwing a right / left hook in an all in against St.Kilda at Waverly one day.

Scorlibo
05-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I think he's hard at the man especially when throwing a right / left hook in an all in against St.Kilda at Waverly one day.

And wasn't his excuse, "I thought he was going to hit me, so I thought I'd get one in first", hilarious!

Dancin' Douggy
05-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Assuming we could offer up enough for a trade that Freo would accept - which we can't - how do you propose that we find room in the salary cap for the $1mil per year he would cost?

I suppose we could always trade Lake, Cooney and Higgins.

How can anyone find room in the salary cap for a competitive team?
You either pay lots of guys basically an even share, or you pay your champions more and have a few foot soldiers getting peanuts.
How can Fremantle afford Pavlich? Because the rest of their list is woeful.
So Champions end up getting overpaid in underachieving clubs,
or get paid less than their "market value" to experience team success.
Like basically the entire Geelong team.

OR.............They become ambassadors for VISY.

azabob
05-08-2009, 08:50 PM
And wasn't his excuse, "I thought he was going to hit me, so I thought I'd get one in first", hilarious!

Yep it was

Mofra
05-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Heath Black learnt that the hard way.
My step-dad knew Heath growing up. I don't know about on field, but by all accounts off field all he wanted to do was fight. He'd deliberately bait kids 2-3 years older at school to cause a scrap. Tends to make better senior footballers (of course, not great citizens).

In any case, I hope that edge can be taught because Everitt could be quite a player if he learnt to be more fo a prick on field.

bornadog
05-08-2009, 11:55 PM
My step-dad knew Heath growing up. I don't know about on field, but by all accounts off field all he wanted to do was fight. He'd deliberately bait kids 2-3 years older at school to cause a scrap. Tends to make better senior footballers (of course, not great citizens).

In any case, I hope that edge can be taught because Everitt could be quite a player if he learnt to be more fo a prick on field.

as I said, needs lessons from his Brother.

Mofra
06-08-2009, 11:26 AM
as I said, needs lessons from his Brother.
Either that or some Clockwork Orange type treatment.

comrade
06-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Either that or some Clockwork Orange type treatment.

Real horror show, brother.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Peoples thoughts on today's game?

comrade
08-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Peoples thoughts on today's game?

Average, to say the least.

He was played as a key/third tall this week, rather than up the ground and it didn't work.

Drop Eagleton, play Everitt on the wing or up forward and see how he goes.

bulldogtragic
08-08-2009, 09:39 PM
He came to club and was rumoured to kick with surgical precision like Gilbee. Haven't seen anything like that in two games. He lacks any intensity whatso ever. He seems to not follow apparent gameplan rules like, stupid quick kicks to release pressure that go to opposition players in uncontested situations and stop and prop instead of playing on. Twice today if he lifted his eyes he could have moved the ball, but instead held the ball and allowed the zone/flood to get into place. Had several/many absolute shank turnovers too. Truth be told, he was a liability today.

I've always liked the kid, but the talking over the past few weeks about trading him might be worth actually considering. Something just doesn't seem right.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 10:16 PM
What a major disappointment the boy has been - showed so much promise in his first year, and looked so good. Since the injuries, he hasn't been the same. Perhaps he is still struggling to get over them?

All I know is, he's gotta do a LOT better with the talent he has at his disposal. He needs to have a good hard look at himself and say, "When I look back at my AFL experience in x years, will I be content with what I achieved, or will I have regrets?"

No retreat, no surrender!! :o

Throughandthrough
08-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I doubt you'll find more then one or two other posts by me anywhere on this web site bagging one of our players.

But Everitt shits me off.

Jasper
08-08-2009, 10:25 PM
I like the look of that Mitch Brown and it makes you ask the question did we pick the wrong guy?

Happy Days
08-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I like the look of that Mitch Brown and it makes you ask the question did we pick the wrong guy?

Looking back at that draft, Riewoldt, Brown, Tippet, Krakouer and Hampson are all making us look very foolish for picking Dre at the minute. Hopefully he can turn it around.

The Coon Dog
08-08-2009, 11:03 PM

I'm sure every club in every draft could be guilty of that. You only have to look at players like Brian Lake & even our rookie elevations to see that. We're all wiser with the benefit of hindsight.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm sure every club in every draft could be guilty of that. You only have to look at players like Brian Lake & even our rookie elevations to see that. We're all wiser with the benefit of hindsight.

Yep that's right. So often critics look at all the superior players picked after a selection and ignore all the inferior players picked prior or just after. Everyone's a great talent scout with the benefit of hindsight.

KT31
09-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Yep that's right. So often critics look at all the superior players picked after a selection and ignore all the inferior players picked prior or just after. Everyone's a great talent scout with the benefit of hindsight.

Clayton would still pick a smokie.:)

GVGjr
09-08-2009, 08:15 AM

TCD has mentioned hindsight which is a good point but the one question I have about the Everitt selection was if the recruiters thought he was going to be a KPP or tallish flanker? I think they knew he might not develop into a KPP which will always have a lot of people speculating about other players like Brown.

I think the worst thing that Everitt did was to whet the appetite of so many of our supporters with his impressive first season and now because he hasn't improved that much so many people are getting frustrated with him.

His age would indicate that we need to be more patient with him but traditionally our supporters don't have a lot of patience with 193cm tall defenders who can't hold down a key position.

anfo27
09-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Looking back at that draft, Riewoldt, Brown, Tippet, Krakouer and Hampson are all making us look very foolish for picking Dre at the minute. Hopefully he can turn it around.

Thats not the only pick that makes scotty clayton look foolish. He was the head guy for recruiting for how many years?& how many tall forwards have come through the system and made it? if your trying hard to think of an answer dont bother cause it is zero. I can predict one thing GC17 will have alot of great runners but zero gun big forwards. i'm afraid i'll be looking at Franklin for the rest of his career thinking how on earth did clayton pass up the oportunity to get you. sure i love griffen and think he could turn into a gun some where down the track but no matter how great griffen turns out he aint ever going to be better than Lance Franklin.

LostDoggy
09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Thats not the only pick that makes scotty clayton look foolish. He was the head guy for recruiting for how many years?& how many tall forwards have come through the system and made it? if your trying hard to think of an answer dont bother cause it is zero. I can predict one thing GC17 will have alot of great runners but zero gun big forwards. i'm afraid i'll be looking at Franklin for the rest of his career thinking how on earth did clayton pass up the oportunity to get you. sure i love griffen and think he could turn into a gun some where down the track but no matter how great griffen turns out he aint ever going to be better than Lance Franklin.

I feel exactly the same way.

Take Griffen out and put Franklin in, and our side would be a lot different.

But like people said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

anfo27
09-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Hindsight? Franklin was always going to be gun. I remember picking up the herald-sun the year he was drafted and Franklin was on the back page and he was talked up as being a top 3 pick. So if your a recruiter and you see a guy who is 6foot6 (or however tall he is) runs like the wind, picks the ball off the ground like a rover and your club hasn't got a tall forward, it's a no brainer for mine. Scotty made a huge mistake and he has made too many for my liking. Look Scotty has made some great picks, Lake at 71 i think it was, thats one of the best ever in my book. But how can you not get a tall forward in 10 years, it's not acceptable. I just hope Grant can turn into something, it would be nice if they played him though.

Happy Days
09-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Hindsight? Franklin was always going to be gun. I remember picking up the herald-sun the year he was drafted and Franklin was on the back page and he was talked up as being a top 3 pick. So if your a recruiter and you see a guy who is 6foot6 (or however tall he is) runs like the wind, picks the ball off the ground like a rover and your club hasn't got a tall forward, it's a no brainer for mine. Scotty made a huge mistake and he has made too many for my liking. Look Scotty has made some great picks, Lake at 71 i think it was, thats one of the best ever in my book. But how can you not get a tall forward in 10 years, it's not acceptable. I just hope Grant can turn into something, it would be nice if they played him though.

There were other issues going on with Buddy. He was going to be a big risk to whoever took him.

LostDoggy
09-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Whats happened to his kicking skills? They have been average the times I have seen him

anfo27
09-08-2009, 06:23 PM
i heard about those issues to, but aker had issues and we took him on, Hall has issues and it looks like we will take him on. Sometimes you just have to back the culture at your footy club to turn these people around.

westdog54
09-08-2009, 09:09 PM

You say he was going to be a gun yet Hawthorn took Roughhead first.

There was a lot more to Franklin than his skills and ability. Hawthorn gambled big-time by picking him.

anfo27
09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
You say he was going to be a gun yet Hawthorn took Roughhead first.

There was a lot more to Franklin than his skills and ability. Hawthorn gambled big-time by picking him.

It was a calculated risk & very smart move by the hawks. The hawks knew that the tigers wanted Roughead with their 2nd pick & they thought if they beat them to the punch then the tigs would take Tambling & they knew for sure we would take Griffen and in turn get exactly what they wanted. I'm sure thats been well documented in the paper. The hawks manipulated that draft wonderfully well.

The Coon Dog
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
It was a calculated risk & very smart move by the hawks. The hawks knew that the tigers wanted Roughead with their 2nd pick & they thought if they beat them to the punch then the tigs would take Tambling & they knew for sure we would take Griffen and in turn get exactly what they wanted. I'm sure thats been well documented in the paper. The hawks manipulated that draft wonderfully well.

They also had a really good fall back situation too in the event things didn't work as they wished. That was pick 7 which they used to select Jordan Lewis. I guess if you have 3 picks in the first 7, you can afford a bit of a gamble.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 09:49 PM
He is one guy who Eade hasn't done well with (he has been great with many). Playing him as a 3rd tall for so long was/is a poor decision imo.

Mantis
09-08-2009, 09:51 PM
He is one guy who Eade hasn't done well with (he has been great with many). Playing him as a 3rd tall for so long was/is a poor decision imo.

Where else should he be playing him?

Personally I would like to see him on a wing, but he doesn't seem fit enough to be able to play that role.

The Coon Dog
09-08-2009, 09:55 PM
He is one guy who Eade hasn't done well with

O'Keefe again Rocco? ;)

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 09:59 PM
O'Keefe again Rocco? ;)

I said one! Not one of "insert collective noun here".

You're being an enabler!

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Personally I would like to see him on a wing, but he doesn't seem fit enough to be able to play that role.

Personally I didn't like him playing as a 3rd defender from the get go (admittedly there are a lot of initial calls I don't agree with and end up being proven wrong, that's why they get the big bucks and I post on the internet all day! :)).

I would like for him to play off HBF on a smaller opponent, I actually think he is more of a "small" than a "tall". Ideally I want him playing off a wing, in a role currently taken by a guy I know you're found of but as you so correctly state, he isn't fit enough. He needs to have a MASSIVE pre-season. A role up forward is another option.

Either way the 3rd tall defender thing is clearly a fail and he needs to have a different role, even if it's purely to rebuild his confidence. Surely it can't be worse! (sorry, I forgot the whole barracking for the Bulldogs bit).

anfo27
09-08-2009, 10:07 PM

I would play him at Centre half bench at Williamstown Mantis. The kid is mentally fragile and if he gets beaten he beats himself up over it. Sam Power was another who was mentally fragile and he never overcome it. You would think with all the work they do into finding out what the kids are like before they get drafted they would find that out.

The Pie Man
09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
I thought he was 'ok' yesterday - one attempted spoil in the 2nd half he really attacked, and given his alleged (and evident) laconic approach, I thought there were some signs of increased intensity - he did then kick a shanked torp OOTF not long after...

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I would play him at Centre half bench at Williamstown Mantis. The kid is mentally fragile and if he gets beaten he beats himself up over it. Sam Power was another who was mentally fragile and he never overcome it. You would think with all the work they do into finding out what the kids are like before they get drafted they would find that out.

You must be a psychologist because playing Dre on the bench at Willy sounds like the perfect way to help his mental fragility. Genius!

anfo27
09-08-2009, 10:26 PM
You must be a psychologist because playing Dre on the bench at Willy sounds like the perfect way to help his mental fragility. Genius!

This comp is cut throat Rocco, if you can't handle the heat see you later. Come on be realistic the kid has stalled for 3 years now, he doesn't deserve to be in the team.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 10:37 PM
This comp is cut throat Rocco, if you can't handle the heat see you later. Come on be realistic the kid has stalled for 3 years now, he doesn't deserve to be in the team.

How about trying him in a different role?

anfo27
09-08-2009, 10:42 PM
How about trying him in a different role?

You can't play him in a different role if he doesn't deserve his place in the team. They can do that at Willy, its not like he was breaking the door down with his performances at Willy anyway. If he wasn't a 1st round pick i doubt he would be in the side now.

Scorlibo
09-08-2009, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=Rocco Jones;103603]How about trying him in a different role?[/QU

You can't play him in a different role if he doesn't deserve his place in the team. They can do that at Willy, its not like he was breaking the door down with his performances at Willy anyway. If he wasn't a 1st round pick i doubt he would be in the side now.

He's 20 years old ffs, how can he have stalled for 3 years? He's only been at the club for 2 and a half!

anfo27
09-08-2009, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=anfo27;103608]

He's 20 years old ffs, how can he have stalled for 3 years? He's only been at the club for 2 and a half!

well it doesn't matter if its 2 or 3 thats not the point. The point is he should'nt be in the team & his 2 games back have not changed my mind one bit. When Wirrapanda went up forward in the last quarter and everitt went to him you can't tell me your heart wasn't in your mouth. He was 5m in front of Wirra and let him get in front of him and mark the ball, Wirra then passed the ball to Embley GOAL eagles in front. Then he gets tackled instead of locking it in he gets it out goes to an eagles player who kicks it to Le Crae GOAL, WE LOSE.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=anfo27;103608]

His first year was very promising. He was then moved to a 3rd tall defender role and since then he has gone backwards.

bulldogtragic
09-08-2009, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=Scorlibo;103615]

His first year was very promising. He was then moved to a 3rd tall defender role and since then he has gone backwards.
Exactly, one of those Eade decisions that he knows is right. PLay Eagle, don't play Ocka, play Dre in a position that isn't working. If he is still with us next year, we have to examine more positions.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Exactly, one of those Eade decisions that he knows is right. PLay Eagle, don't play Ocka, play Dre in a position that isn't working. If he is still with us next year, we have to examine more positions.

I am not trying to beat on Eade here. He has worked wonders with the likes of Cross, Boyd, Shaggy, Gilbee, Harbrow and Picken. I think Eade is actually great at making an initial prognosis on players, just that he doesn't seem to like changing his mind on individual players.

bulldogtragic
09-08-2009, 11:30 PM
I am not trying to beat on Eade here. He has worked wonders with the likes of Cross, Boyd, Shaggy, Gilbee, Harbrow and Picken. I think Eade is actually great at making an initial prognosis on players, just that he doesn't seem to like changing his mind on individual players.
I'm with you, and i want Eade re-signed ASAP. It's not beating on Eade, but questioning the method in which some selections and on-field position selections are made and why there is some resistance to changing same. Some 'failings' are obvious (to some of us) in that they are not as succesful as other clear wins Eade has had, and he has had many. Of the three examples i sighted, i'm not sure there would be many on this forum that haven't questioned at least one of them. Nothing wrong with respectfully asking 'why' like we are doing, but it's another thing as some do, and have done tonight, to shoot off half cocked...

Rocket Science
10-08-2009, 03:37 AM
Anyone aware of what position(s) Everitt primarily played prior to his draft year?...Was he employed as a key position type, or a run-and-carry type at TAC level?

While his height beckons 'key position', especially on a team devoid of serviceable talls, you wonder if his mindset and development might be revived by being 'released' in a role where the job description necessitates more run and licence to freewheel with a little less man-on man responsibility, such as the wing presently occupied by #10.

There's stifled creativity there...on top of an impressive athletic package seemingly made for the modern game. It'll be a major blow if we can't turn him into a regular senior player over the next 12-24 months.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Well done Andrejs.

Take note Rocket: Everitt on the wing. Everitt in the forward line. It WORKS!

Quite pleased with Everitt's performance today. He cannot be dropped on form, unfortunately will he be dropped due to the inclusion of Griffin & Hudson if both are fit to return?

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Well done Andrejs.

I don't think the field position position had anything to do with it. Its more to do with Everitt's application and desire to be part of the finals.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Best I've seen Everitt play for a few years - great to see him get a chance, and then make the most of his chance.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Well done Andrejs.

Quite pleased with Everitt's performance today. He cannot be dropped on form, unfortunately will he be dropped due to the inclusion of Griffin & Hudson if both are fit to return?

Have to agree. Plays alot better when given some space to run in! Good effort this arvo

alwaysadog
30-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Some players respond better to responsibility... and given a more important space to fill he did much better.

I don't think it was the position as much as he became central to the action at times and even shrugged off tackles.

Those who have doubts about him or what the coach is doing need to rethink because what might have seemed desperation, would have been very easy to promote Skip, turned out to have a touch of inspiration about it.

Those who have written Andrejs off need to have another think.

alwaysadog
30-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Plays alot better when given some space to run in!

FWIW his best efforts this arvo were when he had very limited space IMO, and that is the mark of a good player, anyone can do things when there's no pressure.

BulldogBelle
30-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Andrejs was fantastic tonight

He ran hard into space, and ran into the right spots
Was creative with his kicking, not to mention accurate
Held his marks
He took players on when required, and out-sprinted several smaller and more nimble opponents
He was agressive and got quite a few hard balls

I prefer him as a forward or onballer rather than a back....

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Great game i thought, really took a step forward today.

BulldogBelle
30-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Great game i thought, really took a step forward today.

Totally agree.

Played great.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Those who have written Andrejs off need to have another think.
Not sure many had written him off. Coaches and fans just want him to show more passion to play cos he has the talent.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Great to see him play with some aggression and confidence. He will make it and be an important player for us in the years to come. The question of where to play him was answered tonight - up the ground and allow him to get his hands on the ball and present as an option around the midfield / forward 50. He aint a defender...

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 10:34 PM
totally agree he looked like he had an extra spring in his step today.
He is able to use his running ability and good skills to far greater effect up the ground. Hopefully he can be a wildcard for up over coming weeks.

AndrewP6
30-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Good game from Everitt.. presented well, used his body. Showed poise for that first goal. Well done

Dazza
30-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Always thought he'd come good on a wing or half forward. I think he just lacks the mongrel for a defensive position. He has always had a good kick on him and I'd like to see him running into the f50 bombing long goals or delivering into the forward line. Seemed to do pretty well when going for contested marks too which is confusing because his spoiling attempts are often not the greatest.

Topdog
30-08-2009, 11:13 PM
His kick to Murphy in the 3rd quarter was brilliant. Had a really really good game today, wrapt for him. Good platform for next season.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Deserves to hold his spot next week hopefully hel'l be playing against the Cats

FrediKanoute
31-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Really enjoyed his game today. Like many of you have said he worked well in tight, contested well, used his pace to create space and generally used the ball fairly well. Most importantly I think was that he was involved in the game.

GVGjr
31-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Really enjoyed his game today. Like many of you have said he worked well in tight, contested well, used his pace to create space and generally used the ball fairly well. Most importantly I think was that he was involved in the game.

He didn't start off well from my perspective with a few costly skill errors but he got a lot better as the game wore on. It would be a shame if he was dropped for next week.

Bulldog Revolution
31-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Very pleased for Everitt, credit to the coaching staff for using him in this manner

Liked the way he took the game on

The Coon Dog
31-08-2009, 09:26 AM
He didn't start off well from my perspective with a few costly skill errors but he got a lot better as the game wore on. It would be a shame if he was dropped for next week.
If he retained his spot, at who's expense would it be if Griff & Huddo both returned?

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Great game from Andrejs, it's like something clicked and he realised that it was time to play.
Something definitely changed.
Maybe he just relaxed.
Or maybe it was the opposite.

GVGjr
31-08-2009, 09:56 AM
If he retained his spot, at who's expense would it be if Griff & Huddo both returned?

I think Reid might be one, but as you say, it's not an easy to find someone else to omit. Everitt seems to be the one most likely to go.
Given his encouraging form yesterday he will be unlucky but hey that's what finals football is all about.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 10:15 AM
I think Reid might be one, but as you say, it's not an easy to find someone else to omit. Everitt seems to be the one most likely to go.
Given his encouraging form yesterday he will be unlucky but hey that's what finals football is all about.

Doesn't the performance of Reid and Everitt give credence to the theory that fresh faces (if not distabilising) can bring that bit of spark and intensity to the team that may be missing if spots are TOO settled? These changes were forced by injury, but I daresay that a handful of changes throughout the year due to form would have had an equally strong impact.

Kudos to the coaching staff for keeping the faith with the likes of Hahn, Eagleton and Welsh, as they look to have repaid this faith in the last three weeks -- all three have performed at a very high level recently -- but what is to say that in those weeks that they were not contributing, a younger player may not have stepped in and provided the same spark Reid or Everitt did yesterday, while the senior players get rest and time to rediscover their form?

I remember Rocket talking about 'resting players' at the start of the year. While I don't like flirting with form, I guess we have to wait to see if those aforementioned senior blokes can run the year out in the finals, or if they run out of legs. Of course, I am hoping for the former.. and I have plenty of faith in Rocket to make the right call at the end of the day.

The Coon Dog
31-08-2009, 10:19 AM

Would the match committee consider keeping in Everitt at the expense of Welsh?

Ozza
31-08-2009, 10:21 AM

I thought Welsh was fairly good yesterday. Bit of pinch hitting up forward and was steady down back. I think its likely they'll keep him in that swing man role.

Loved Andrejs' game. He'll be stiff to miss but somebody has to.

Desipura
31-08-2009, 10:23 AM
What keeps Welsh in the side I believe is his experience as well as his ability to play as a forward as well as a loose man in defence when we are under the pump.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Ripper goal in the first and his pass to Johno to win by 24 was sublime. Looks a much more better proposition up the ground. I look forward to seeing him up the ground in 2010.

comrade
31-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Ripper goal in the first and his pass to Johno to win by 24 was sublime. Looks a much more better proposition up the ground. I look forward to seeing him up the ground in 2010.

He also threaded a lovely pass to Bobby between 2 or 3 Magpie defenders.

Mantis
31-08-2009, 11:05 AM
A much improved performance from Andrejs.

Hopefully this game will give him the belief he can compete at this level and give him some impetus for a big pre-season (which he needs).

bulldogtragic
31-08-2009, 11:06 AM
He also threaded a lovely pass to Bobby between 2 or 3 Magpie defenders.
Yep. He has height, speed, endurance, athletisicism and good disposal. If he can keep intensity on this list, then he will 'arrive' as a player. I'm glad we got to see him up the ground this year.

Bulldog Revolution
31-08-2009, 11:10 AM

I thought Welsh was pretty good yesterday

Did some work as loose man in backline, kicked a nice goal, and if my memory serves he fed the ball to Johnson for the match winning goal

The Coon Dog
31-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Did some work as loose man in backline, kicked a nice goal, and if my memory serves he fed the ball to Johnson for the match winning goal

It was Everitt.

easybeat
31-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I'd happily leave out Gia for Everitt.

dog town
31-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Everitt probably played one of his better games last year in the finals so perhaps the big stage gets that slight increase in intensity out of him.

Looked a bit bigger yesterday I thought as ridiculous as it sounds.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I'd happily leave out Gia for Everitt.

Gia did some great work in close yesterday when the ball and match was up to be won. His composure and clean hands in tight spaces is pretty elite, one-grabbing where many others would have fumbled, and got us out of a few tight spots without too much fanfare (and therefore his contribution would have been underrated, being less flashy than say an Everitt running away from two chasers, which was also great).

Mantis
31-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Everitt probably played one of his better games last year in the finals so perhaps the big stage gets that slight increase in intensity out of him.

Everitt didn't play in the finals last year, you might have him confused with Tiller.

Mofra
31-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Everitt is pretty big, he had a bit of stretch going on his Willy jumper a couple of weeks back.
It's nice to have quality players who are going to be unlucky to miss this week.

dog town
31-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Everitt didn't play in the finals last year, you might have him confused with Tiller. You are correct I was thinking of Tiller. Everitt was emergency I think. Too many happy beers for me last night. ;)

Cyberdoggie
31-08-2009, 12:59 PM
A much improved performance from Andrejs.

Hopefully this game will give him the belief he can compete at this level and give him some impetus for a big pre-season (which he needs).

He hasn't run like that for 2 years.
I don't know what's been going on but since he got the number 3 and hurt his knee he hasn't run half that fast.

Mantis
31-08-2009, 01:03 PM
He hasn't run like that for 2 years.
I don't know what's been going on but since he got the number 3 and hurt his knee he hasn't run half that fast.

Hopefully he got the message that when he runs like that he has the potential to be a very influential player.

I hope Davoren gets stuck into him over the summer and gets his fitness up to a level that will allow him to play a role on the wing.

Desipura
31-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I was impressed by Everitt's "get out of my way" approach to his game when he had the footy. He was willing to take them on by using his pace to his advantage. At one stage (just before half time) it was 3 on 1 and he took them on and unfortunately sprayed the kick. He certainly adds another dimension to our team with his height on a wing. I like that he is able to be more creative than having to worry about negating his opponent in the backline.
I think he worries too much about making mistakes in the backline and as a result does not play his natural game by backing his instincts.

aker39
31-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Ripper goal in the first.

For a player that clearly lacks confidence, I was disappointed with the lack of players that actually went to him and acknowledged the great goal.

GVGjr
31-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Any chance that Everitt could be used as a ruck rover in the future?

neodog
31-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I think he worries too much about making mistakes in the backline and as a result does not play his natural game by backing his instincts.

I totally agree with this, also the commentators did mentioned that DRE has bulked up considerably. Excellent contested mark on the wing.

more muscles = more confidence

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 02:26 PM

Could end up as a Mitch Clark/Paddy Ryder type the way things are going.

GVGjr
31-08-2009, 02:33 PM

He's a bit too short for that but his spring is very good.

The Bulldogs Bite
31-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Usually players lose weight during the football season. Everitt looks as though he's put on a few kgs. Looks in fantastic shape.

mighty_west
31-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Usually players lose weight during the football season. Everitt looks as though he's put on a few kgs. Looks in fantastic shape.

Another big pre season with lots of weights work will do wonders for him, but yes, Aker is one example of a player that seems to have dropped quite a bit of weight throughout the season, when he first came to the club he was thin, but put on weight last year, has lost it all again which is very interesting.

Sholls
31-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Yesterday proved Everitt should NEVER play down back again.He should be on a wing and push forward as a marking option.

DOG GOD
31-08-2009, 06:02 PM

Maybe he could play a Goodes / Kouta type roving role.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Yesterday proved Everitt should NEVER play down back again.

Why not?
The reason he had a better game had little to do with the position he played and a lot more to do with his application.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 07:09 PM

Unsized rucks end up injured sooner than later. Look at Goodes.

Go_Dogs
31-08-2009, 07:31 PM

I think quite a few people floated this idea in his debut season. Has all the attributes, and could eventually play anywhere.

Scorlibo
31-08-2009, 07:54 PM
I think quite a few people floated this idea in his debut season. Has all the attributes, and could eventually play anywhere.

There's no room in our midfield though.

bulldogsman
31-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I still think he will be a key position player, he's got the body for it. Hope he gets another crack this week or through the finals.

Sockeye Salmon
01-09-2009, 03:02 PM
He reminds me of Fraser Gehrig circa 1996.

Gehrig started off as a 6' 5" skinny wingman before becoming a solidly built CHB before ending up a massive brute of a FF.

mighty_west
01-09-2009, 03:15 PM

Gehrig started off as a 6' 5" skinny wingman before becoming a solidly built CHB before ending up a massive brute of a FF.

Just as long as he doesn't start using womans handbags to relieve himself!

LostDoggy
01-09-2009, 04:49 PM

We need the West Coast medicos then or send him, Grant & Cordy to Perth for the end of season.

PaddyWhack
01-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Sunday was a reminder of just what he is capable of, and his potential - hopefully it kick starts his career again, but he may very well get dropped this week as a reward!

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
We need the West Coast medicos then or send him, Grant & Cordy to Perth for the end of season.

Agreed.

We should pay West Coast to let those two do a pre-season with them. They'll come back looking like hulk.

Dry Rot
03-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Agreed.

We should pay West Coast to let those two do a pre-season with them. They'll come back looking like hulk.

And Hill. He'd end up bigger than Lake.

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 12:31 AM
I like Everitt when he runs!
He has good speed, and he's mighty athletic!
No wonder he broke so many school athletics records!
If he runs more, say the wing, i think he may well become a very important footballer!

westdog54
12-09-2009, 11:32 AM
A thought that I had last night:

Its pretty much universally agreed Welsh had his colours lowered last night.

If we're going to have a bloke switching from end to end depending on need, could 'Dre's athleticism and kicking ability mean he is better suited to this role?

bulldogtragic
12-09-2009, 12:07 PM
A thought that I had last night:

Its pretty much universally agreed Welsh had his colours lowered last night.

If we're going to have a bloke switching from end to end depending on need, could 'Dre's athleticism and kicking ability mean he is better suited to this role?
That too was my thinking last night. Dre offers more and pinch hitting in the ruck now. We could drop he and Minson forward if we needed to try something different? More strings to his bow that is for sure.

hujsh
12-09-2009, 12:55 PM
How does Everitt go at being third man up though? I've not really seen him do it, though some Willy watchers might have, but i would imagine Welsh would be more suited to that aspect of the role which could be very important against Riewoldt and Kossie.

azabob
24-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I really like Everitts game last night.

Liked his running and intensity at the contest and at the man.

Hopefully he can continue to build on his fitness and play more midfield as an outside running option.

Remi Moses
24-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Just looks more confident and agressive. Massive improvement on last season

craigsahibee
24-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Agree. I said last night that whenever the ball is in his hands I'm relaxed. He is playing like he knows he is capable of playing at this level. Maybe the external interest during trade week made him realise he is good enough.

Mofra
24-04-2010, 05:23 PM
How good was the tackle in the forward pocket? Just lifted his bloke and slammed him into the turf - signalled his intention and allowed Murph to kick the goal.

The angry pills must be working.

chef
24-04-2010, 05:23 PM

And put his body on the line when it was his turn.

westdog54
25-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Easily the most improved player on the list. The application and desire that was there in is first season has returned

w3design
25-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Improving every week. Will be one of the comps best tall runners in years to come.

strebla
25-04-2010, 09:27 PM
The second best game i have seen him play very proud of him Friday night

BulldogBelle
26-04-2010, 11:30 AM
How good was the tackle in the forward pocket? Just lifted his bloke and slammed him into the turf - signalled his intention and allowed Murph to kick the goal.

That had me smiling for a long time but I completely forgot about it till now. What an absolute ripper tackle.

EasternWest
26-04-2010, 05:17 PM
And put his body on the line when it was his turn.

This.

LostDoggy
26-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I have been impressed with his hard running this year. He is running hard from behind to provide an option, and has been doing it over and over again in games

Bumper Bulldogs
26-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Easily the most improved player on the list. The application and desire that was there in is first season has returned

I think you could be right but I like most of all is he seems to have a cool head and not panic. The skills have been good with only a few turnovers.

i hope he keeps going as he could be the one that outs Josh, once all our runners come back from injury.

LostDoggy
02-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Thought Id bring up a song I just wrote on the back of Andrejs' latest selection dropping.

You put Andrejs in, you pull Andrejs out
You put Andrejs in, and show him what its about
Play him up the wing and look how-it-turns out - Thats what the Andrejs is all about.
Woahhh, The Andrejs Everitt
Woahhh, The Andrejs Everitt - hope he doesnt get thrown-out! ;)

The Adelaide Connection
02-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I posted this in another thread but I would have liked to see him play a negating role on Harry O. as he has the run, has 6cm on him and doesn't give away too much in the weight stakes. Everitt can kick a few goals when given the chance too.

Addison is similar height wise (gives away 1cm) but is much lighter.

LostDoggy
02-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Thought Id bring up a song I just wrote on the back of Andrejs' latest selection dropping.

Play him up the wing and look how-it-turns out - Thats what the Andrejs is all about.

Nice, very nice!:D;)

Remi Moses
02-09-2010, 08:08 PM

Nice

Mantis
06-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Will it take a new coach to get the best out of Andrejs?

When Eade took over Lindsay Gilbee was just about out the door due to a lack of faith the previous coach had shown. We had all seen the glimpses of the talent he possessed, but once given an extended run he quickly developed and was an AA HB soon after.

Andrejs is an extremely talented player, but as yet our coach hasn't been able to get him to play the type of footy he wishes so will it take a change of direction to see him fulfil his potential, if at all he can?

LostDoggy
06-09-2010, 12:49 PM
I think Everitt needs to be moved on. We obviously don't know where to play him, and we would be better off getting what we can for him.