Jarrod Harbrow - Max469
Lindsay Gilbee - Sockeye Salmon
Adam Cooney - Scraggers
Matthew Boyd - Bulldog Revolution
Will Minson - DazB
Tim Callan - Bulldog

GVGjr
03-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Hargrave was one of the better players for us tonight and generally used the ball well against a difficult zone to bust and provided a fair bit of run and carry and even pushed forward at times.

His stats were:
Kicks - 15
Hand Balls - 9
Marks - 7
Tackles - 5

He gave away no free kicks.

LostDoggy
03-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Stand up once again Josh Hill...

9 Kicks 4 Marks 4 Handballs 2 Tackles 3 Goals 1 Behind

Slotted through goals, presented well as always...good attacking game tonight. As Viney said after the game on SEN 'Hes a diamond in the rough'. Happy to have you in that side Joshy.

The Coon Dog
03-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Brian Lake

I didn't think Brian was too bad today. I guess after last year Morris deserved first crack on Reiwoldt, but it was apparent early on that he had Dale's measure.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing & looking back maybe Lake on Reiwoldt was the move that needed making much earlier.

Unfortunately Brian missed a relatively simple shot for goal again. It must be frustrating to get the ball forward & find a target who should convert, but unfortunately doesn't.

Max469
03-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Jarrod Harbrow.

10 Kicks

10 handball

Thought Jarrod did well. One of the few who had a go. Being short doesn't help especially against the size of St Kilda, but he can hold his head up high tonight.

lemmon
03-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Andrejs Everitt,
Fairly average tonight, was solid defensively but provided no run and didnt work hard enough to receive the ball. Was too worried about his own man and keeping his place in the team without providing anything offensively.
6 Kicks, 4 Handballs, 3 marks and 1 tackle was the end result of a fairly dissapointing game

Sedat
04-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Looking forward to Sockeye's report on Gilbee's game - might have to cut and paste the same report for a 3rd consecutive week.

LostDoggy
04-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Dale Morris

Assigned to Riewoldt and was beaten, a first for Dale. Pains me to say it but Morris was out worked, out manoeuvred and out muscled. Thankfully Riewoldt's inaccuracy kept the scoreline from being a blow out. Lake was moved onto him later in the game. I recorded Dale's pre-game interview with Gerard Healey. What a lovely young man he is, grateful for the opportunities he's been given and gracious in his praise for his team mates. I can imagine he will be bitterly disappointed with Sunday's game but really, he was just out played by a very skillful player on the day.

Stats:

Kicks - 5; Handballs - 4; Marks - 3; Tackles - 3

soupman
04-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Jarrod Harbrow.

10 Kicks

10 handball

Thought Jarrod did well. One of the few who had a go. Being short doesn't help especially against the size of St Kilda, but he can hold his head up high tonight.

I was very impressed with him. He actually beat his man, and provided good rebound from defence.

The thing is, I think we need him forward more than we need him back. If Callan can come in, I'd put Harbrow up forward and tell him to do what none of our other forwards have done. Chase. Our defensive pressure from our forward 50 is atrocious at the moment, and it needs to lift.

Tom Williams
Was a late withdrawal due to a foot related injury. Replaced by Everitt, who was ok without doing much.

Rocket Science
04-05-2009, 03:20 PM
CALLAN WARD - Round Five versus St.Kilda Saints

DID NOT PLAY.

After five senior games Callan was dropped to VFL level this week and from most accounts was amongst the Seagulls' best versus the Zebras, kicking two goals while contributing busily through the midfield.

His solid VFL outing combined with the Dogs' poor form and possible changes forecast may see Ward promoted back to the seniors more quickly than anticipated.

bornadog
04-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Bob Murphy

Showed a glimpse of his old self . His kicking wasn't as penetrating as it could be but he is coming along nicely and it won't be long when he will be having an influence on the game.

Picked up 7 kicks and 3 handballs including 6 marks and three tackles as well as 2 goal assists.

Mantis
04-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Bob Murphy

Showed a glimpse of his old self . His kicking wasn't as penetrating as it could be but he is coming along nicely and it won't be long when he will be having an influence on the game.

Picked up 7 kicks and 3 handballs including 6 marks and three tackles as well as 2 goal assists.

Has his standard play of playing on from a mark/ free kick run it's race?

Dazza
04-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Will Minson

Bar a few stuff ups had his best game for the year in my opinion. Tried hard for 4 quarters and provided some good hitouts for our midfield. Held a few strong marks and even provided some run at one point in the match. One thing that was disappointing was his silly 50m penalty he conceded early on in the match when it still seemed like it could have gone either way with a few lucky goals.

All in all solid hitout for the big fella. Now just needs to at least replicate that form every week and also improve upon it if possible.

bornadog
04-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Has his standard play of playing on from a mark/ free kick run it's race?

I don't believe it has. I didn't see him get caught too often yesterday, just needs to hit a target.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Ryan Griffen

I feel like I'm re-hashing the last 2 reports here.
Whilst Ryan's workrate is good, he was all but ineffective throughout the course of the game.

I was surprised to find Ryan had had a 23 possession game, as I didn't notice him that often. Even more surprised he had won 7 clearances and his disposal efficiency was at 83%.
On paper it looks like a decent game. but I just didn't think he had any influence whatsoever. When you stack it up against some of the Saints key performers it looks quite ordinary. Goddard for instance, had 33 possies at 95% efficiency, 6 tackles, 2 clearances, 3 running bounces and 1 goal. Now that's an influential game turning performance.

In the last quarter Ryan had 1 trade mark run from half back through the middle, only to slip when trying to change direction. Summed up both his and the teams night.

Perhaps we should be looking to move Griffen to the half back flank, and try to get his run and carry back into our team.

Stats
K: 12
HB: 11
Marks: 4
Tackles: 3
Running Bounces: 5
Disposal Efficiency: 83%
Clearances: 7

Mantis
04-05-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't believe it has. I didn't see him get caught too often yesterday, just needs to hit a target.

That's the point I am making. He plays on and then wildly boots the ball inside F50. Would much rather him go back behind the mark and hit up a lead up target, something a player of his ability should be capable of doing 8 or 9 times out of 10.

LostDoggy
04-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Ryan Griffen

I feel like I'm re-hashing the last 2 reports here.
Whilst Ryan's workrate is good, he was all but ineffective throughout the course of the game.

I was surprised to find Ryan had had a 23 possession game, as I didn't notice him that often. Even more surprised he had won 7 clearances and his disposal efficiency was at 83%.
On paper it looks like a decent game. but I just didn't think he had any influence whatsoever. When you stack it up against some of the Saints key performers it looks quite ordinary. Goddard for instance, had 33 possies at 95% efficiency, 6 tackles, 2 clearances, 3 running bounces and 1 goal. Now that's an influential game turning performance.

In the last quarter Ryan had 1 trade mark run from half back through the middle, only to slip when trying to change direction. Summed up both his and the teams night.

Perhaps we should be looking to move Griffen to the half back flank, and try to get his run and carry back into our team.

Stats
K: 12
HB: 11
Marks: 4
Tackles: 3
Running Bounces: 5
Disposal Efficiency: 83%
Clearances: 7

I have been very disappointed with Griffen so far this season. He shows glimpes but has very little impact on the game - with Cooney out he had the perfect opportunity to stand up and show that he is an elite midfielder. He hasnt.

If we leave the midfield to Boyd / Cross - they are hard workers, but they would hardly have the opposition quaking in their boots.

bornadog
04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
That's the point I am making. He plays on and then wildly boots the ball inside F50. Would much rather him go back behind the mark and hit up a lead up target, something a player of his ability should be capable of doing 8 or 9 times out of 10.

Agree, I hate the ball being bombed into the Forward line. Saints with big forwards such as Reiwoldt and Kosi don't bomb the ball. How many times did Reiwoldt lead out and get hit on the chest giving Morris no hope of spoiling.

lemmon
04-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Agree, I hate the ball being bombed into the Forward line. Saints with big forwards such as Reiwoldt and Kosi don't bomb the ball. How many times did Reiwoldt lead out and get hit on the chest giving Morris no hope of spoiling.

Thats even more evident by the amount of footy won by Dawson and Gilbert who could zone off and repel from defence.

LostDoggy
05-05-2009, 12:29 AM
CALLAN WARD - Round Five versus St.Kilda Saints

DID NOT PLAY.

After five senior games Callan was dropped to VFL level this week and from most accounts was amongst the Seagulls' best versus the Zebras, kicking two goals while contributing busily through the midfield.

His solid VFL outing combined with the Dogs' poor form and possible changes forecast may see Ward promoted back to the seniors more quickly than anticipated.

I agree 100 percent, you can elevate Sam Reid with him too!