bulldogtragic
04-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Free Willy

LostDoggy
04-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Awesome news...

AndrewP6
04-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Excellent for Minno... here's to another good effort this week at Moron Park.

LostDoggy
04-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Free Willy

If only Minson could jump as high :D

The Coon Dog
04-05-2009, 08:17 PM
As Bruce would say; clever!

LostDoggy
04-05-2009, 10:12 PM

Minnow's jumping is fine, if only he could catch like a trained seal.

The Adelaide Connection
03-05-2010, 11:45 PM
I know this thread is old and about Bulldogs, but anyways...

How did the Kositchke incident (where he ran straight past the ball to nail a dogs player front on) not even get looked at? This is the second time a questionable incident has not even been assessed when it comes to Kosi (the other being the head first tackle and subsequent kicking out at a Dogs player in the NAB final).

What the hell is going on?

Especially when:

Jude Bolton, Sydney Swans, has been charged with a Level One offence for bumping or making forceful contact from front-on against Joel Patfull, Brisbane Lions, during the first quarter of the Round Six match between the Sydney Swans and the Brisbane Lions, played at the SCG on Saturday May 1, 2010.

In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record

Andrew Embley, West Coast, has been charged with a Level Three offence for bumping or making forceful contact from front-on against Rhys Palmer, Fremantle, during the first quarter of the Round Six match between West Coast and Fremantle, played at Subiaco on Sunday May 2, 2010.

In summary, his five-year good record means that he can reduce his four-game sanction to two matches, with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium contact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 400 demerit points and a four-match sanction. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 300 demerit points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 225 points and a two-match sanction.

Apologies if this belongs in the AFL section, but this was the most relevant thread I found in the search and didn't realise it was in the BU section.

LostDoggy
03-05-2010, 11:48 PM

How did the Kositchke incident (where he ran straight past the ball to nail a dogs player front on) not even get looked at? This is the second time a questionable incident has not even been assessed when it comes to Kosi (the other being the head first tackle and subsequent kicking out at a Dogs player in the NAB final).

Especially when:

Jude Bolton, Sydney Swans, has been charged with a Level One offence for bumping or making forceful contact from front-on against Joel Patfull, Brisbane Lions, during the first quarter of the Round Six match between the Sydney Swans and the Brisbane Lions, played at the SCG on Saturday May 1, 2010.

In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record

Andrew Embley, West Coast, has been charged with a Level Three offence for bumping or making forceful contact from front-on against Rhys Palmer, Fremantle, during the first quarter of the Round Six match between West Coast and Fremantle, played at Subiaco on Sunday May 2, 2010.

In summary, his five-year good record means that he can reduce his four-game sanction to two matches, with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium contact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 400 demerit points and a four-match sanction. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 300 demerit points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 225 points and a two-match sanction.

If you want my advice when it comes to the MRP dont try and work it out, it will make you lose your mind

The Adelaide Connection
04-05-2010, 12:06 AM
If you want my advice when it comes to the MRP dont try and work it out, it will make you lose your mind

Ha! Great call. :D

I could start to feel my eye twitching involuntarily, it nearly had me.

Sockeye Salmon
04-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Embley got off light. Welsh also got 4 for kneeing Xavier Ellis in the gonads.

I also thought I heard Matt Maguire got 2 for bumping Bolton as he was going for the ball. I didn't get a good look at it but it just looked to me that they were both going for it together and Bolton came off worse.

Mantis
04-05-2010, 07:15 AM

The player in question was Tom Williams and it was certainly an incident which should have come under the scrutiny of the MRP.

LostDoggy
04-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Luke Hodge didn't even get reported/cited for punching a bloke in the back of the head on the weekend, and of course, the MRP has turned a blind eye to it as well. What do you think the reaction would have been if it were Bazza instead of Hodge?

There's one rule for some players, another for others.

Doc26
04-05-2010, 11:08 AM
I also thought I heard Matt Maguire got 2 for bumping Bolton as he was going for the ball. I didn't get a good look at it but it just looked to me that they were both going for it together and Bolton came off worse.

Baffling.

From what I saw it looked like it was just a hard contest for the ball and they managed to knock each other out in the process.

Brisbane should contest it if for no other reason but to do me a favour with SC.

G-Mo77
04-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Luke Hodge didn't even get reported/cited for punching a bloke in the back of the head on the weekend, and of course, the MRP has turned a blind eye to it as well. What do you think the reaction would have been if it were Bazza instead of Hodge?

There's one rule for some players, another for others.

I thought the Hodge one was OK, the ball was in the area. In the same incident I thought Campbell Brown's was more reckless and should have been rubbed out. Unbelievable no free kick was paid at all out of that particular contest.

You're right though if that was Hall he'd be looking at a good 2 -3 weeks on the sidelines.

In regards to the Maguire one, that was rubbish!

EasternWest
04-05-2010, 01:24 PM

At the risk of getting hounded from the country, I had no problem with that. And I hate Fools Gold Kosi.

Mantis
04-05-2010, 01:34 PM
At the risk of getting hounded from the country, I had no problem with that. And I hate Fools Gold Kosi.

You mightn't have, but the MRP have set a precedent that they will not tolerate the actions of players who run past the ball to apply 'frontal contact'.

Kosi at the very least should have come under the scrutiny for this incident.

EasternWest
04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
You mightn't have, but the MRP have set a precedent that they will not tolerate the actions of players who run past the ball to apply 'frontal contact'.

Kosi at the very least should have come under the scrutiny for this incident.

Do we know they didn't look at it?

Mantis
04-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Do we know they didn't look at it?

The MRP usually list the incident's they have atleast looked at (like the Hodge/ Brown one), but I heard no mention of Kosi's hit on Williams

G-Mo77
04-05-2010, 02:08 PM
The MRP usually list the incident's they have atleast looked at (like the Hodge/ Brown one), but I heard no mention of Kosi's hit on Williams

They mentioned it on Ch 10 last night so I think they looked at it but there was no case.

The Coon Dog
04-05-2010, 11:34 PM
According to the Bombers Website (http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=7425), Andrew Welsh failed in his appeal at the Tribunal & had his 3 match ban increased to 4; means he misses the clash with the Bulldogs in round 10.

AndrewP6
04-05-2010, 11:39 PM
According to the Bombers Website (http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=7425), Andrew Welsh failed in his appeal at the Tribunal & had his 3 match ban increased to 4; means he misses the clash with the Bulldogs in round 10.

Yep, heard that on tonight's news...

GVGjr
04-05-2010, 11:46 PM

I wonder what argument he used because it seemed clear cut to me that he was guilty.

The Pie Man
04-05-2010, 11:49 PM
I wonder what argument he used because it seemed clear cut to me that he was guilty.

Agreed - I can't remember a similar incident watching footy to be honest, it's such a strange thing to do....I was thinking 'gee that could be anywhere from 2 to 7 weeks'

3-4's about right, and I cant see why they challenged. After spitting and kicking, it's a pretty low act

AndrewP6
04-05-2010, 11:50 PM

He tried to have the charge downgraded from intentional to reckless...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/93623/default.aspx

The Adelaide Connection
05-05-2010, 12:44 AM
They mentioned it on Ch 10 last night so I think they looked at it but there was no case.

They always list all of the incidents that they have assessed on Afl.com.au.

How they can justify not looking at it is beyond me. If I were a player to get done for it down the track I would take in the tape for my defence... ran straight past the ball, eyes only for the dogs player, dogs player attempting to get the ball, dogs player gets absolutely nailed by front on contact. Williams stayed down for a bit and had to go off after that.

Sockeye Salmon
05-05-2010, 01:42 AM

He used the 'I'm a nice bloke and I'm really sorry' defense. He deserved another week just for being stupid enough to challenge what was as straight forward as you will get.

EasternWest
05-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Agreed - I can't remember a similar incident watching footy to be honest, it's such a strange thing to do....I was thinking 'gee that could be anywhere from 2 to 7 weeks'

3-4's about right, and I cant see why they challenged. After spitting and kicking, it's a pretty low act

I think Scarlett did the exact same thing to a Hawks player-Ladson/Osborne? in the PS. I remember seeing it and thinking it was a dog act. What did he get?

I'd agree with you, 3-4 is right.

bornadog
10-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Harbrow no case to answer, hit was with open hand and he was going for the ball.

aker39
10-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Mumford out for 2 weeks

Go_Dogs
10-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Mumford out for 2 weeks

Interesting.

Could mean we do only go in with one recognised ruck again this coming weekend.

mighty_west
10-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Interesting.

Could mean we do only go in with one recognised ruck again this coming weekend.

Or go in with the 2 experienced ruckmen & really dominate out of the middle & stoppages.

Mantis
10-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Or go in with the 2 experienced ruckmen & really dominate out of the middle & stoppages.

That's what I would like to see us do especially considering Sydney's strength is typically around the stoppages. If our rucks can give us first use it could be a massive advantage.

chef
10-05-2010, 06:21 PM

Yep, thats the way I would go.

bulldogsman
10-05-2010, 06:32 PM
They will probably use White as 2nd ruck, who isn't too bad. They will still be okay in the ruck department.

Rocco Jones
10-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Mumford being out would obviously be a massive advantage to us.

Despite my love for flexibility in the ruck, I would be going in with 2 ruckmen against the Swans either way due to their stoppage style. Mumford and Seaby being out would further strengthen the case.

Rocco Jones
10-05-2010, 06:50 PM
They will probably use White as 2nd ruck, who isn't too bad. They will still be okay in the ruck department.

I think it's an enormous out.

What you are discounting in that Pike has to taken the number 1 spot and despite Jesse White being a decent 2nd ruck option, it will at least partly take away from their forward like. As petty as it may be, I am very happy with the MRP news.

Go_Dogs
10-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Mumford being out would obviously be a massive advantage to us.

Despite my love for flexibility in the ruck, I would be going in with 2 ruckmen against the Swans either way due to their stoppage style. Mumford and Seaby being out would further strengthen the case.

Is the current Swans model the same stoppage style though? I must admit I've only seen 2 or 3 of their games thus far, but I think they are definitely playing a bit more of an open, free flowing style.

If it is a stoppage game, I'd be very confident in running out winners. Perhaps not so much if it was a hard running, open affair.

Rocco Jones
10-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Is the current Swans model the same stoppage style though? I must admit I've only seen 2 or 3 of their games thus far, but I think they are definitely playing a bit more of an open, free flowing style.

If it is a stoppage game, I'd be very confident in running out winners. Perhaps not so much if it was a hard running, open affair.

Much like when they were contenders and the Saints last year, they are a stoppage side when they don't have the ball and are free flowing when they have the ball.

Their team works hard to get numbers to the ball and then their legion of HBF's create a free flowing count attack style when they win the contested ball/opposition turns it over.

Raw Toast
10-05-2010, 08:09 PM
I think it's an enormous out.

What you are discounting in that Pike has to taken the number 1 spot and despite Jesse White being a decent 2nd ruck option, it will at least partly take away from their forward like. As petty as it may be, I am very happy with the MRP news.

Agreed - I haven't seen the tackle yet, but I'm convinced Mumford needs to get at least 1 week for it ;) (I did hear them mention it on the radio and there was outrage on air about it, particularly from that glorious commentator C Grant, so I was hoping the MRP would deal with it appropriately.)

We went in with two rucks versus Hawthorn and I think Hudson and Minson would be a good double-team against the (hopefully very) young Swans ruck set-up. My only fear would be a reprisal of Goodes as a ruck option (he was severely down on form against the Cats, so that might get that desperate).

hujsh
11-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Agreed - I haven't seen the tackle yet, but I'm convinced Mumford needs to get at least 1 week for it ;) (I did hear them mention it on the radio and there was outrage on air about it, particularly from that glorious commentator C Grant, so I was hoping the MRP would deal with it appropriately.)

We went in with two rucks versus Hawthorn and I think Hudson and Minson would be a good double-team against the (hopefully very) young Swans ruck set-up. My only fear would be a reprisal of Goodes as a ruck option (he was severely down on form against the Cats, so that might get that desperate).

I know it's off topic but is Grant doing regular commentary and if so who for?

aker39
12-05-2010, 08:08 AM
I know it's off topic but is Grant doing regular commentary and if so who for?

ABC radio

hujsh
12-05-2010, 06:52 PM
ABC radio

Thanks A39