PDA

View Full Version : Injury List Round 7

bornadog
05-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Jamason Daniels, Quad-Test
Paul O'Shea, Hip-Indefinite
Stephen Tiller, Groin-Test
Tom Williams, Foot-Test

No mention of Welsh? I wish the club would be more honest?

bulldogtragic
05-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Wight - Pat Bowdenitis - Indefinite

The Coon Dog
05-05-2009, 11:55 AM

I'm sorry 42-C-3, but I just don't find that sort of stuff funny. It might be true, but there's no need to belittle him (or any other player).

The poor bugger is really struggling & has been for some time.

He's trying his hardest, but it's just not happening for him. Be nice to see him perform well at Williamstown, if for no other reason than to give his confidence a boost.

It's a shame his form has slumped, he's a much better player than that.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm sorry 42-C-3, but I just don't find that sort of stuff funny. It might be true, but there's no need to belittle him (or any other player).

The poor bugger is really struggling & has been for some time.

He's trying his hardest, but it's just not happening for him. Be nice to see him perform well at Williamstown, if for no other reason than to give his confidence a boost.

It's a shame his form has slumped, he's a much better player than that.
Point taken TCD.

It was not so much humour, i can see how you mis-perceived my intent. It is as an observation that he has talent that he can not, or will not develop.

Pat could have been anything. Some of his games at the Bees were great and he showed glimpses of brilliance. At Bulleen he kicked well over 100 goals. Pat Bowden had talent. He didn't have the ability to make it to the next level, nor did he have courage.

My point from that short remark, was that in my opinion he has reached a point where he use to the WBFC has well and truly passed him. The very same point Pat was at in the year he was traded away to Richmond.

I take no delight whatsoever in kicking players. I regularly standup for a vast array of players including in BF times Fossie who would be unmercifully attacked for supported KMac. I don't consider other than one thread i regret that ui have ever belittled players.

But the power and emotionless of words on a screen to one's perception can mean different things. To me my comment stands, Cam Wight is talented but can not make the grade now and first year players have flown passed him!!! It seems the writing is on the wall, like with Pat that this relationship is due to end (i.e. indefinite is his inability to step up). My comments were not inflamatory or what i considered insulting, and not necessarily funny. I hope his form does improve, but for me he has reached that point that Pat reached with me, where i let out a big sigh and say why, he had so much potential.

In the end though TCD, i highly respect you, so if i offended you or anyone else than i am happy to apologise.

The Coon Dog
05-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Point taken TCD.

In the end though TCD, i highly respect you, so if i offended you or anyone else than i am happy to apologise.

No probs, I agree, you do stick up for players, which is why I was surprised, but you have answered it in the manner I've come to expect.

Ideally, this is how a forum ought to work & by & large it does work, as opposed to other sites where vitriol is the order of the day.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2009, 12:33 PM
No probs, I agree, you do stick up for players, which is why I was surprised, but you have answered it in the manner I've come to expect.

Ideally, this is how a forum ought to work & by & large it does work, as opposed to other sites where vitriol is the order of the day.
The glory of WOOF. We don't accept crap and when miscommunications occur (as in this case) we respect each other enough to be honest and apologise. That is why in other threads many senior posters have cracked it with certain behaviours.

But to the task at hand, how long can we go on for with a relatively small injurt list. It's something new to us all a little bit.

And O'Shea. If it lasts the season does that but him in the Tim Walsh type catergory, where the coaches have to ask if his body will stand up to AFL footy whilst still needing a lot of development? I think it does, but his attack on the ball i've seen first hand i love. It's plain stupid courage. But his kicking and reading of the game seems a fair bit off and his recurrent injuries aren't helping his cause.

Desipura
05-05-2009, 01:39 PM
ok, group hug! :D

Mantis
05-05-2009, 02:14 PM

And no mention of Lynch.

bornadog
05-05-2009, 02:19 PM
And no mention of Lynch.

Did he cop an injury last week?

Mantis
05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Did he cop an injury last week?

He didn't play against Sandringham on the weekend so I was just interested to no what the problem with him is/ was.

LostDoggy
05-05-2009, 03:00 PM
While on the topic of Wight, in no regards is it a cop out question but is this the last year on his contract? I think we re-signed Skipper for 2 years last year didn't we?

Mantis
05-05-2009, 03:03 PM
While on the topic of Wight, in no regards is it a cop out question but is this the last year on his contract? I think we re-signed Skipper for 2 years last year didn't we?

My understanding on those questions is:

Wight signed a 2 year contarct at the end of 07.

Skipper signed a 1 year contract at the end of 08.

Meaning both are out of contract come the end of this year.

Desipura
05-05-2009, 03:43 PM
My understanding on those questions is:

Wight signed a 2 year contarct at the end of 07.

Skipper signed a 1 year contract at the end of 08.

Meaning both are out of contract come the end of this year.
How about Eagleton???:D
Only joking, I believe he also is in his last year of his contract along with Welsh and Aker. A bit of money will be freed up especially if Aker is not retained.

Rance Fan
05-05-2009, 03:44 PM

Hilarious. Bloody hilarious.
I find your comment exceptionally offensive, outrageously against the standards of this site and generally absolutely against what our great club stands for.

A mature outlook.

Wheres your love and affection for your club and supporting, not knifing players?

Either start posting constructive, infomative, interesting or the like posts of return to bigfooty. WOOF is about quality posts, by well infomred people not quantity. It is a privlidge to be a part of WOOF not a right. Start paying some respect or the privlidge could be removed.

Not everyone can be as talented and put it all together as the bald eagle!!

:D

Rance Fan
05-05-2009, 03:56 PM

I do agree with what your getting at. Potentially he could be a good player for us. 200cm, agile and athletic...Hope he can step up ...its a type of player we need.

bornadog
05-05-2009, 04:00 PM
I do agree with what your getting at. Potentially he could be a good player for us. 200cm, agile and athletic...Hope he can step up ...its a type of player we need.

and still only 24 years old

LostDoggy
05-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Is Jordan Roughhead injured? I would love to see him play out of the goal square. 200cm 90+ Kgs.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Hilarious. Bloody hilarious.
I find your comment exceptionally offensive, outrageously against the standards of this site and generally absolutely against what our great club stands for.

A mature outlook.

Wheres your love and affection for your club and supporting, not knifing players?

Either start posting constructive, infomative, interesting or the like posts of return to bigfooty. WOOF is about quality posts, by well infomred people not quantity. It is a privlidge to be a part of WOOF not a right. Start paying some respect or the privlidge could be removed.

Not everyone can be as talented and put it all together as the bald eagle!!

With the evolution of WOOF as the premier place for decent bulldog dialog, is this helpful or a hinderance?

The Coon Dog
05-05-2009, 04:21 PM
With the evolution of WOOF as the premier place for decent bulldog dialog, is this helpful or a hinderance?

The latter I would have thought.

Mofra
05-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Opposite - Wight has all the ticker you could want, just makes errors in judgement. Patrick Bowden lacked a bit of ticker & mongrel, but was a natural footballer.

The Pie Man
05-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Jamason Daniels, Quad-Test
Paul O'Shea, Hip-Indefinite
Stephen Tiller, Groin-Test
Tom Williams, Foot-Test

Didn't play for Willy did he? Good question bornadog

On the Cam Wight/Bowden comparison, I think there are absolutely parallels between the two. Pat frustrated the hell out of me - strange thing with Cam is that his last game against Melbourne he wasn't bad, was a late call up but I seem to remember he got into the game ok, and was then dropped the next week, to presumably never be seen at senior level again .... well who knows, he might.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Opposite - Wight has all the ticker you could want, just makes errors in judgement. Patrick Bowden lacked a bit of ticker & mongrel, but was a natural footballer.
Reference as detailed in further posts, was more about ability but not making the higher grade.

Had i used the my normal endering term ' The Tin Man', then i would agree with your comments ansoultely. Wight must frustrute the club, he just can't quite make it. Like Patrick. Just that little extra step in a jump too far.

Rance Fan
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Ive felt Cam Wight has played ok in the seniors, on the odd time he was there. I know he made a few poor decisions but i felt he did some good things too.
But given no regular time in the 1st doesnt help him develop. Like Jarrad Grant the other week, i reckon they need to be given a few weeks to get a feel for it and to get some confidence.
Maybe Cam is out of favor with Rocket? Maybe he doesnt train well? Who knows...?

I think hes versitile enough to either go Ruck, or play up forward or back....even the wing !!

Just think his decision making and hardness may need some work

The Coon Dog
05-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Ive felt Cam Wight has played ok in the seniors, on the odd time he was there. I know he made a few poor decisions but i felt he did some good things too.
But given no regular time in the 1st doesnt help him develop. Like Jarrad Grant the other week, i reckon they need to be given a few weeks to get a feel for it and to get some confidence.
Maybe Cam is out of favor with Rocket? Maybe he doesnt train well? Who knows...?

I think hes versitile enough to either go Ruck, or play up forward or back....even the wing !!

Can't argue with that at all. I too just wished Cam fulfilled the potential he has, just makes too many errors.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2009, 05:13 PM

Great points.

My concern is I think Grant has gone passed him in the pecking order along with Andreajs and Stevey T. If Roughy keeps on developing he could pass Wight in a month or so and Cordy has big wraps too. And if Boumann progresses on, Wight could soon be the least likely to get a senior game on the list and that frustrates me.

But this comes back to making footballers athletes or athletes footballers. I'm not sure he has a footy brain that can sustain what needs to be done in the AFL, if i'm to be harsh. He ceratinly can't ruck at AFL level and i've come to the point where everyone else is passing him that i think the time has come, for me at least, to write him off. Sounds harsh, perhaps early, but after so many years and so many opportunities, the proof is in the pudding. I just wish he could have made it, at his height and speed he could have been anything?

Remi Moses
05-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Not up to it and will be gawn at the end of the year. Good luck to Cameron and his future endeverous

The Coon Dog
05-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Great points.

But this comes back to making footballers athletes or athletes footballers.

Certainly not an athlete turned footballer, his father played 39 games for Collingwood & 3 for us.

LostDoggy
05-05-2009, 06:15 PM
One thing about Cam, he gave his all when wearing the jumper.

I just wish he would've gone on with his career, he could of turned out to be a handy tall for us.

bornadog
05-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Is Jordan Roughhead injured? I would love to see him play out of the goal square. 200cm 90+ Kgs.

Played in the Willi reserves last week and did very well.

Rance Fan
05-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Maybe rocket doesnt like him for some reason?

GVGjr
05-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Maybe rocket doesnt like him for some reason?

Doesn't like who?

LostDoggy
05-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Its simple, Eade doesn't like Wight cos he ain't good enough. No malice or any favouritism or the opposite about it.

Dazza
05-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't think you could question Wights attack on the ball. Is mainly his decision making that is his downfall. When he played last year he usually had one horrible quarter and 3 pretty good ones. If he ironed out the bad quarter I'm sure he'd be ahead of a few in the pecking order at the moment.

Sadly it seems he isn't traveling too well at the moment.

GVGjr
05-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Its simple, Eade doesn't like Wight cos he ain't good enough. No malice or any favouritism or the opposite about it.

This is not a question if the coach likes him or not. Eade isn't picking him because his form doesn't warrant it.

BulldogBelle
05-05-2009, 11:19 PM
I take no delight whatsoever in kicking players. I regularly standup for a vast array of players including in BF times Fossie who would be unmercifully attacked for supported KMac. .

Eternal kudos.

Edit: To 42-C-3 I meant.

What's with the name, anyways?

LostDoggy
05-05-2009, 11:50 PM
This is not a question if the coach likes him or not. Eade isn't picking him because his form doesn't warrant it.

I think thats what I meant.
I don't believe for a second that Eade says 'I won't play him cos I don't like him'. If a player is good enough then he'll play them.
My point was it was no secret that Wight was lucky to still be on the list, now in his 6th year and playing VFL reserves, its a bit stupid to say 'maybe Eade doesn't like him or for some reason he is out of favour' when its obvious he ain't up to it.

Before I Die
06-05-2009, 02:00 AM
I don't believe for a second that Eade says 'I won't play him cos I don't like him'. If a player is good enough then he'll play them.
My point was it was no secret that Wight was lucky to still be on the list, now in his 6th year and playing VFL reserves, its a bit stupid to say 'maybe Eade doesn't like him or for some reason he is out of favour' when its obvious he ain't up to it.

He has played in the Williamstown seniors every game this season. I agree that Wight has his limitations, but this talk of so and so, and so and so have passed him by is crap. He is a CHB. Cordy, Grant and Roughead are not CHBs. Bouman is currently in the Williamstown twos. We have Williams as first choice CHB, Morris as first choice to take a lead up type CHF and Tiller as next choice behind these two. Next option is Wight until Everitt shows he can play on a tall opponent. I don't believe Wight is a long term solution to anything, but to say Bouman or O'Shea are currently ahead of him is just rubbish. Grant, Cordy and Roughead do not play the same position.

GVGjr
06-05-2009, 06:08 AM

I thought that's what you meant but it was coming across as a personal vendetta which I wanted to clear up.

LostDoggy
06-05-2009, 09:09 AM
He has played in the Williamstown seniors every game this season. I agree that Wight has his limitations, but this talk of so and so, and so and so have passed him by is crap. He is a CHB. Cordy, Grant and Roughead are not CHBs. Bouman is currently in the Williamstown twos. We have Williams as first choice CHB, Morris as first choice to take a lead up type CHF and Tiller as next choice behind these two. Next option is Wight until Everitt shows he can play on a tall opponent. I don't believe Wight is a long term solution to anything, but to say Bouman or O'Shea are currently ahead of him is just rubbish. Grant, Cordy and Roughead do not play the same position.

My mistake if he has played at VFL seniors all year, he is right on the cusp of the reserves side anyway.
I never mentioned who has overtaken him. We will go small CHB option before Wight plays this year.

bulldogtragic
06-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Fossie 32
Rookie List Join Date: Jul 2007

Re: Injury List Round 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42-C-3

I take no delight whatsoever in kicking players. I regularly standup for a vast array of players including in BF times Fossie who would be unmercifully attacked for supported KMac. .

Eternal kudos.

Edit: To 42-C-3 I meant.

What's with the name, anyways?

------------------------

Melways reference for Peter Street, Footscray. Melways reference 42-c-3.

I think i might go back to 'Bulldogtragic' though.

Great to have you here Fossie, i didn't know you made he journey across. I thought the dickheads of BF might have gotten the beter of you?

bornadog
06-05-2009, 10:46 AM
This thread was meant to be a thread on the injury list and it has been overtaken by a discussion on Cam Wight.:confused: