PDA

View Full Version : Outs - Likely and Like

Rance Fan
06-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Likely - most obvious out the club will do

Like - who out id like

Me

Most likely - Everitt out for Williams - (dumb i say)

Like - Gia

You guys??

Rocco Jones
06-05-2009, 05:56 PM
What is your reason for dropping Gia? I think there are 5 reasons to drop a player;

- Not in the best 22: as poor as Gia has been, I still think he is in our best 22
- Teach them a lesson: Gia is 26 and a highly regarded leader within the club, really don't think it fits him.
- Not in the club's long term future: As above.
- Tactical: Doesn't really apply to his type.
- Find some form/confidence at a lower standard: Maybe one that fits best but not sure how much VFL form is worth and his confidence obviously could be dented due to being dropped to the VFL.

Not limited to you RF, seems like a few want him dropped. Interested in people's views, definitely a question rather than a statement.

Scorlibo
06-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Likely:

In: Williams, Ward
Out: Everitt, Addison

Like:

In: Williams, Ward, Grant
Out: Hargrave, Addison, Hahn

Rance Fan
06-05-2009, 06:12 PM
What is your reason for dropping Gia? I think there are 5 reasons to drop a player;

- Not in the best 22: as poor as Gia has been, I still think he is in our best 22
- Teach them a lesson: Gia is 26 and a highly regarded leader within the club, really don't think it fits him.
- Find some form/confidence at a lower standard: Maybe one that fits best but not sure how much VFL form is worth and his confidence obviously could be dented due to being dropped to the VFL.

Not limited to you RF, seems like a few want him dropped. Interested in people's views, definitely a question rather than a statement.

I think Gia has been underperforming. He is a senior player and in some circles a potential captain, he should be leading by example.
He doesnt seem to be showing the desire - not chasing hard etc. He seems to be having little effect on the match, at times missed gettable goals. And yes there are a few others in the same boat. I just think he has been doing it for a few weeks now. He should be in our top 10 players each week. Also by dropping a big name like him it will send a message to the team that anyone can be dropped and they all need to step up.
Id also expect a good player like him would be quick to respond and be back in the seniors the following week ready and firing after a good showing in the VFL

LostDoggy
06-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Very harsh on shaggy. I'd like to see Grant come in for a good month and players told to use him. In terms of outs I think Hahn needs to go back to Willi and either run on ball or play half back for some fitness and touch.

Likely:

Like:

bornadog
06-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Likely:

In: Williams,
Out: Everitt,

Like:

In: Williams, O'Keefe,
Out: Eagleton, Hahn,

BulldogBelle
06-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Likely:

Like:

Ouch! Shaggy has played a couple of very serviceable games considering the amount of pressure our backs have been under (with an under performing forward line and with some mids that arent chasing and moving hard and fast enough after they have disposed of the ball)

Shaggy gets on with the job week on week out

Here's mine against the Crows;

Like:

In: Williams, Grant
Out: Addison, Hahn

boydogs
06-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Likely:

Out: Everitt
In: Williams

Like:

Out: Hahn, Eagleton
In: Skipper, Williams

The Pie Man
06-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Likely

Going on past form, I'd think Williams is the only no-brainer in. Everitt likely to make way, especially since Adealide aren't blessed with talls.

In: One of Skipper or Grant, Williams
Out: Hahn, Everitt

I'm not convinced that Hahn's safe at the moment either, that could be reality

Weather looking fine and mild in Adelaide over the weekend, so who knows, maybe WE'LL stretch a team for a change. Keep Everitt in to play KP back and tell Lake he's at FF for the 4 quarters (that's what I'd really like)

dog town
07-05-2009, 10:51 AM

Not limited to you RF, seems like a few want him dropped. Interested in people's views, definitely a question rather than a statement. I dont think he has had a real fair crack at his role over the last couple of weeks either. The way we have been forced to deliver the ball past center has been disastrous. When he plays as a forward Gia is at his best leading cleverly and making quality opponents accountable. He spreads defenders out but he needs better delivery for this. I would get him on the ball this week. Nothing worse when your a team leader and you feel your role is restricitng you getting involved in the course the side is taking.

Mofra
07-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Likely:
Out:
Everitt

In:
Williams

Like:
In:
Ward

Out:
Addison

Reasons:
- Knee jerk reactions wont help
- Put Hahn on notice - perform, or Skipper comes in to perform the same role
- Addison needs some time at VFL level to work out he can find more of the ball which is what he is lacking at the moment
- Ward performed well at Willy after being dropped
- Adelaide don't have a massive forward line, so give Williams an extra week to recover

The Coon Dog
07-05-2009, 11:08 AM
- Put Hahn on notice - perform, or Skipper comes in to perform the same role

Mofra, agree about no knee jerk reactions, having said that if we dropped everyone someone suggested on here, we would be lucky to field a team this week.

Wouldn't you think that Mitch would have already been on notice before the St.Kilda game?

Mofra
07-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Mofra, agree about no knee jerk reactions, having said that if we dropped everyone someone suggested on here, we would be lucky to field a team this week.

Wouldn't you think that Mitch would have already been on notice before the St.Kilda game?
Possibly, but now he's in the public spotlight and has been mentioned a number of times by Rocket, assistant coaches & commentators (James Hird who knows a bit about footy) this week so he deserves one last chance to show he can improve. If not, he will need to go back and learn to find the ball at VFL level - unfortunately I don't think we can afford to carry a Cam Faulkner or Adam Morgan type at senior level anymore, someone who does the bollocking 1%ers and can't find enough of the pill. Even given that, Hahn's chasing and harrassing has dropped off so he certainly could use a spell.

Jasper
07-05-2009, 12:11 PM
like: out Paul Williams In Wayne Campbell

We had one of the most damaging forward lines in the comp last year under campbell. WE now struggle to kick 12 goals a game and the defensive pressure in the forward line is non existent.

Ozza
07-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Likely:

Like:

Hargrave was probably our best player last week and has been pretty good all year. So I'm really unsure where you're coming form here.

Why would you get rid of a versatile defender who uses it well?

Scorlibo
07-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Hargrave was probably our best player last week and has been pretty good all year. So I'm really unsure where you're coming form here.

Why would you get rid of a versatile defender who uses it well?

I know a lot of people will and have disagreed with me, but I think that Heggars has not adjusted to the zone - on many occasions bombing long out of our defensive zone which is intially relieving but it just comes straight back.

strebla
07-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Shaggy has been very good this year if the forwards gave him something to kick to he would not have to bomb it in long